X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emilee108
    Hi Anubis!

The episode you are talking about is "Shades of Gray" I think. I remember watching it and when he looked at Sam and said those words I thought to myself..."OUCH! That hurt!" But in the end we all know that it was a charade that he had to put on. In fact it probably was hard for him to say those words and to see her face after he did. Even though Sam knew it was just an act at the end of the episode, and that he had to be mean to be believable, it would have been nice to have Jack say, "Hey Carter, I didn't mean what I said earlier and I'm sorry I snapped at you.......it was all part of the act." Or something like that. ~*~Emilee~*~
    I agree that Sam was hurt with his words here. We can always look at it in a shippy way, as Jack's life certainly changed from the day he met Sam...and for the better!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Folks!
      Love all the posts! Thank God for this thread and Fanfic!!! Otherwise I would go out of my Shipper mind!
      I've had an Idea for a fan fic but I'm crap at writing! so If anyone wanted to use it it would be cool!
      ..... How about if Walter came into Jacks office telling him that there is a courier from Washington with a package for Cornel O'Neill And he wont take no for an answer. And Walter says we have no Cornel O'Neill. Jack asks to see the package and its from the Oval Office & States clearly on the front that it can only be opned by Cornel O'Neill. So Jack tells Walter to page Cornel O'neill to the Generals office to see who will turn up to Claim the package. He does and everyone stopes and looks at the intercom. Sam & Daniel Turn up ant the same time to the Generals office and Sam says you think Jack says I do. Sam takes the package and opens it and the package contains new office door plates / Name plate with the name Lt Cornel Samantha (Carter) O'Neill along with a Congrats Card from the President. Sam with a beaming smile turns to Jack ans Says I Guess he Found a way. Jack Says I Guess. The leans in to give her a smakker! Everyone else stares. Jack turns to Walter "Well aren't you going to Congratulate Us?"
      I know I know wont happen now But I can dream!
      As you can see from my spelling I cant write em but I think that would be cool!

Comment

First of all....WELCOME lonely_star!!!!
        I hope we see more of you!
        And I totally agree with your points from Moebius and Threads!

Hi Anubis!

The episode you are talking about is "Shades of Gray" I think. I remember watching it and when he looked at Sam and said those words I thought to myself..."OUCH! That hurt!" But in the end we all know that it was a charade that he had to put on. In fact it probably was hard for him to say those words and to see her face after he did. Even though Sam knew it was just an act at the end of the episode, and that he had to be mean to be believable, it would have been nice to have Jack say, "Hey Carter, I didn't mean what I said earlier and I'm sorry I snapped at you.......it was all part of the act." Or something like that.

Hey Oma !! I was the one who repped you the other night! I just barely figured out how to do all the rep stuff and so I went on a frenzy and started repping everyone until I couldn't anymore! I even got a dinger the other night too.....I felt kinda special that someone thought that my post was offensive...hahahaha.

Have a good day shippers!!!
        ~*~Emilee~*~
        He thanks for the reply Yeah I think also that he didn't ment it. But maybe he ment that he wasn't acting like himself since he met her. Because before he met her he was depressed and such and since he knows Carter he has become more happier. Maybe he ment that he said that he was acting like before but that is actually a good thing.
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by patsbabe
          Hey Folks!
          Love all the posts! Thank God for this thread and Fanfic!!! Otherwise I would go out of my Shipper mind!
          I've had an Idea for a fan fic but I'm crap at writing! so If anyone wanted to use it it would be cool!
          ..... How about if Walter came into Jacks office telling him that there is a courier from Washington with a package for Cornel O'Neill And he wont take no for an answer. And Walter says we have no Cornel O'Neill. Jack asks to see the package and its from the Oval Office & States clearly on the front that it can only be opned by Cornel O'Neill. So Jack tells Walter to page Cornel O'neill to the Generals office to see who will turn up to Claim the package. He does and everyone stopes and looks at the intercom. Sam & Daniel Turn up ant the same time to the Generals office and Sam says you think Jack says I do. Sam takes the package and opens it and the package contains new office door plates / Name plate with the name Lt Cornel Samantha (Carter) O'Neill along with a Congrats Card from the President. Sam with a beaming smile turns to Jack ans Says I Guess he Found a way. Jack Says I Guess. The leans in to give her a smakker! Everyone else stares. Jack turns to Walter "Well aren't you going to Congratulate Us?"
          I know I know wont happen now But I can dream!
          As you can see from my spelling I cant write em but I think that would be cool!
          Welcome to the S/J Thread Patsbabe!

Hey, don't sell yourself short! You should keep writing! If you have a word processing program on your PC (like WORD or Wordperfect) hit the spellchecker... that'll help you with alot of the spelling. And to find a good beta too! But keep practicing... you've got the imagination there to do it!

(((Patsbabe)))
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Welcome Petsbabe !! to the family Enjoy your stay in here
            As for your writing don't quit !! Keep on writing
            Lord Zedd

Comment

<snip>
              The episode you are talking about is "Shades of Gray" I think. I remember watching it and when he looked at Sam and said those words I thought to myself..."OUCH! That hurt!" But in the end we all know that it was a charade that he had to put on. In fact it probably was hard for him to say those words and to see her face after he did. Even though Sam knew it was just an act at the end of the episode, and that he had to be mean to be believable, it would have been nice to have Jack say, "Hey Carter, I didn't mean what I said earlier and I'm sorry I snapped at you.......it was all part of the act." Or something like that.
              <snip>
              Yep. In fact that's what my 2nd fanfic is dealing a bit with... (it's set between 100 Days and Shades of Grey... it's still a WIP right now - only 1/3 done & about 30 pages already! ) Jack really had to distance himself from *everyone* in order to get the charade to work out. Especially since they (Hammond/the Tollan/the Asgard/Jack) didn't know exactly who the mole was inside the SGC.

But I agree... it felt like the viewers were being a bit shortchanged to not see Jack essentially 'kiss and make up' with Sam the same way they showed Jack making up with Daniel at the end of the show. Especially since (to me) the words Jack said to her cut a whole heck of a lot deeper than his earlier brushing off of Dan.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Sally I would be shocked if Barrett does not ask out Sam.I'am almost afraid to post since I have been getting dinged on all my post but at this point I could care less.TPTB are turning
                Spoiler:
                Sam into a Barbie Doll.Sam is Eye Candy for all the Male guest stars.Hathor has nothing on Sam.TPTB are treating all Male guest Stars like they never saw a Beautiful Women.TPTB have ruined a great Character.AT did not want Sam to be Jack's Girl and now Sam is everyone Girl.We even have some Sam/Baal fans.After everything Baal did to Jack Sam should be the first one trying to kill Baal.No matter how Evil a Character is they will all fall in Love with Sam the second they see her.TPTB will try to push some Sam/Baal Ship you can be sure.Enjoy Season 9 everyone and let the dinging begin.

Comment

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on lately i've been working alot. However, for the past few days i've been sent home sick after a few hours.

Anyhoo, spent a LONG while also reading the fanfic that was suggested in the second post on page 44 if anyone wants to go check it out, its tops!

And does anyone have any ideas for where I could host only one vid file that is less than 20MB? I still have that ship vid to get posted

Had a shippy moment tonight in the staff room!! I was listening to 'LA Confidential' on the TV and someone goes "Hey Sam and Jack"I was like hehehe

Its a shame that no one would have any idea what I was saying if I pointed that out. lol

Have a good one

P.S- I'm having some friends over for a stargate viewing, mum's calling it "Stargate Club" and we're thinking of making it an official club at our Uni, there's one for picnics so we can have a stargate one surely! lol

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                  -Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    Yep. In fact that's what my 2nd fanfic is dealing a bit with... (it's set between 100 Days and Shades of Grey... it's still a WIP right now - only 1/3 done & about 30 pages already! ) Jack really had to distance himself from *everyone* in order to get the charade to work out. Especially since they (Hammond/the Tollan/the Asgard/Jack) didn't know exactly who the mole was inside the SGC.

But I agree... it felt like the viewers were being a bit shortchanged to not see Jack essentially 'kiss and make up' with Sam the same way they showed Jack making up with Daniel at the end of the show. Especially since (to me) the words Jack said to her cut a whole heck of a lot deeper than his earlier brushing off of Dan.
                    Wow, 30 pages and only a third done! That's going to be quite a fic

I have to agree, Jack's words to Sam were more hurtful, so we should have seen some attempt at him making it up to her! Maybe he had to be like that with Sam though (I mean, whilst he was pulling off the charade), because, whether or not he realised it or was ready to admit it, he felt more for Sam than the other characters, so subconciously pushed her away. As, it'd have been harder to continue pretending and hiding the truth from her. We should have seen him make it up to her, though, especially as we'd only just had 100 days!
                    Uncontrolled Destiny
                    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      Sally I would be shocked if Barrett does not ask out Sam.I'am almost afraid to post since I have been getting dinged on all my post but at this point I could care less.TPTB are turning
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam into a Barbie Doll.Sam is Eye Candy for all the Male guest stars.Hathor has nothing on Sam.TPTB are treating all Male guest Stars like they never saw a Beautiful Women.TPTB have ruined a great Character.AT did not want Sam to be Jack's Girl and now Sam is everyone Girl.We even have some Sam/Baal fans.After everything Baal did to Jack Sam should be the first one trying to kill Baal.No matter how Evil a Character is they will all fall in Love with Sam the second they see her.TPTB will try to push some Sam/Baal Ship you can be sure.Enjoy Season 9 everyone and let the dinging begin.
                      first of all, thanks for the welcome guys, I already feel at home
                      shimmering star :I liked Choices a lot and your sig is awesome!!

I agree with you with how Sam (season9)
                      Spoiler:
                      could be used and turned in a Barbie Girl, I'm kind of worried about that cause she's gonna be the only female star after Vala leaves and with a male character like BB(Ben not Beau )...
                      But I think we don't have to worry as much, let's wait and see, the Sam character is not one easily falling for someone and at the latest news, she already fell for someone
                      Sam/Baal seems totally ridiculous to me, I'm more afraid by a Barret than a Baal but as majorsal pointed out, Sam is kindly gonna turn him down ;-) (love your vision of the scene !! if only could be true!! )

Anyway, even if it's the easy solution to turn Sam into THE attraction for guests male stars, I don't think (and hope) they'll do it, it should be a big disapointment for all sg1 fan and not only the shippers. they spent the last 8 years trying to build an independent and strong female charcater i don't think they'll screw up it all like that...as kerry would say... just a thought...

Comment

Personally, I'm not worried about
                        Spoiler:
                        Barratt. Sam's already given him the brush off back in S7 - the one with Anna ...*desperately trying to remember ep name* ... Ressurection . And if memory serves me correctly, didn't she say something about not going there again .... I'll have to look that up.

So at least we won't have to worry for 1 ep that someone's gonna hit on Sam - unless of course, Barratt likes rejection
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think TPTB are gonna have sam start a relationship with another male character as season 9 is suposedly gonna be the last and they spent the end of season 8... (spoilers)...breaking up sam and pete and making the possibility of jack and sam getting together stronger (eg, threads).

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I found the Smoke & Mirrors ref. Sam says she's going to Washington to look up an old acquaintance, so there's definitely some history there.

S7 Resurrection

Hee hee - found it It's definintely a brush off

BARRETT: Right, of course. (A pause while Sam types.) So how've you been?

CARTER: Busy. You?

BARRETT: Busy.

CARTER: You know, I never properly thanked you for that memo on Woolsey.

BARRETT: Well maybe we could go out for dinner some time.

(Another pause while Sam flinches and Barrett looks embarrassed but hopeful.)

CARTER: It's just that I'm seeing someone right now.

BARRETT: Really?! You?!

CARTER (indignantly): *You* asked me out!

BARRETT: Yeah, right. Sorry. I'm gonna go check in with Doctor Jackson and Teal'c. (He leaves the room hastily. Sam smiles.)

She's seeing someone else now Matey! Ya missed the boat

On reflection, maybe he really does like being rejected - she's already given him the brush off twice that we've seen, and possibly even before then in their "history"
                            sigpic

Comment

I hope your right.I just think like you said with
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam being the only Female Lead there may be pressure from the Big TPTB to use Sam as a Barbie Doll.I also do not like how TPTB have written Sam to be nice to everyone even the Biggest enemies to SG-1.If Baal did to Sam what Baal did to Jack Jack would hunt down Baal until he found him.IMO Sam makes a lousy Leader because she tries to be nice with everyone when there are times you need to be the Bad Guy and do what's necaesary and step on some Toe's.IMO Sam learned very little from Jack all these Years as far as being a Leader.We need to have the take charge Sam from eariler Seasons.It seems like Sam has nothing left to prove and she does not want to Rock the Boat.While Jack was still around it would have been great to see an episode where there was one male guest Star that hated Sam or one episode where Sam just ripped someone to pieces.We started with Sam and Jack Ship and we now have Sam Everyone Ship.I doubt even Baywatch had a character like Sam that all guest characters could not resist.I think while some members of TPTB may want to avoid any more Pete's or Male guest Stars and have Sam and Jack together with Jack out of the picture there may be great pressure for the Big Executives to continue to use Sam as a Barbie.
                              Last edited by ses110; 16 April 2005, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                                I don't think TPTB are gonna have sam start a relationship with another male character as season 9 is suposedly gonna be the last and they spent the end of season 8... (spoilers)...breaking up sam and pete and making the possibility of jack and sam getting together stronger (eg, threads).
                                I agree. I think it would make Sam look really bad. Not that TPTB have a problem with dinging Sams character here lately. But the whole Jack and Sam story line we suffered thru in season 8 was to finally get them together. Jack
                                Spoiler:
                                could have stopped Kerry from walking out the door but he didn't. Sam broke up with Pete because of Jack. So to put Sam with Barrett or Baal would be crazy.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X