This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    I got a ding too......because I speculated on S9 without using spoiler tags. Sorry to anyone I offended. Since the musings were just my own, I didn't think they qualified as "spoiler spec." I'll know next time.

So, hit me with the zat already (just once, please!)!
    This gets more bizarre by the day. I got an "anonymous" red ding for this post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1117

Wherein I stated my personal feelings alone!! How can you be wrong to feel what you feel??

But now that I think about it, isn't that the exact situation that S&J have been in throughout the series? Hmmmm . . . feelings can't be wrong, just how you act on them can. Jack and Sam can't break regs with their feelings, just on their actions. I like thinking of it that way.

Of course, that's MHO, too, so ding away. <g> My green jello is melting as if it were in the microwave!! LOLOL
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

i had a moment last night. i just have to say...

spoilers for s8's threads

Spoiler:

PETE'S GONE!!!

(all shippers take a moment to reflect on the wonderful wonderfulness of this momentous event)

PETE IS GONE!!

no more will we have to fear seeing the heart-breaking sam/pete romance played before our eyes.

(shippers, on your mark, get set, squeeeeee!)

PETE *jumps up and down* IS *sings joyfully* GONE! *eats chocolate, and not as an anti-depressant*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i had a moment last night. i just have to say...

spoilers for s8's threads

Spoiler:

PETE'S GONE!!!

(all shippers take a moment to reflect on the wonderful wonderfulness of this momentous event)

PETE IS GONE!!

no more will we have to fear seeing the heart-breaking sam/pete romance played before our eyes.

(shippers, on your mark, get set, squeeeeee!)

PETE *jumps up and down* IS *sings joyfully* GONE! *eats chocolate, and not as an anti-depressant*

sally
        Going to stay at the Y-M-C-A
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
          This gets more bizarre by the day. I got an "anonymous" red ding for this post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1117

Wherein I stated my personal feelings alone!! How can you be wrong to feel what you feel??

But now that I think about it, isn't that the exact situation that S&J have been in throughout the series? Hmmmm . . . feelings can't be wrong, just how you act on them can. Jack and Sam can't break regs with their feelings, just on their actions. I like thinking of it that way.

Of course, that's MHO, too, so ding away. <g> My green jello is melting as if it were in the microwave!! LOLOL
          Sorry Mary! I think that ding was my fault I promise not to get all sympathetic again - but just to jump on the soap box for a while

What else is ship but feelings? OK, so the particular ones we discuss here are Sam's and Jack's, but this thread is born of how we as shippers feel about their feelings. Sam & Jack have gone through the good, the bad, the shippy, the denial, the angst, the humour, the HWMS (almost in cannon- see Broca Divide , for certain in our shippy little heads ), the highs, the lows, the disappointments, the heartbreak, the regret, the fear, the excitement ..... the list goes on.

As Shippers we go through it all with them. As we are all individuals in this shippy family, we all react a little differently to these things. What is this thread for if not to discuss our different reactions? Receive support and (((((((hugs))))))) when we feel down about it? (er ... I don't think red jello counts as hugs - even if the colour is all warm and cuddly ) Laugh and reminisce about our fave parts? Cry over the Angst (DAMN that Laira! )? Smile and whoop for joy over ship?

Mary - you just keep on expressing yourself

SOLIDARITY ROCKS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            Rogue love the potatoe dance. Jack has got the whole field to play with Sam....S9

Comment

Going to stay at the Y-M-C-A
              i can't rep you, rogue, so i'm saying

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO

sorry can't type - still lmao
                sigpic

Comment

Darn it! This GW doesn't let you rep enough

Sally - thanks for the reminder and Rogue's inspiriation
                  Rogue - just tooooooo funny

still LMAO! *thinks Oma might be having a giggly moment *
                  sigpic

Comment

Auralan has posted some info re S9 so I'm gonna link it so all my lovely family gets to see it spoiler alert! It's not great news for the ship, but I will say this

If I find Ba'al first I'M KEEPING HIM!

Edit: This is so you know what SG1fanintn is talking about I HAD to go find out
                    sigpic

Comment

Oooh I just reminded myself Talking of Laira ..... well, let's not go there again ...

Talking about 100 days a wee while ago prompted me to watch Paradise Lost tonight. I really love this ep. Jack finds himself stranded off world - again. This time the company is a LOT better - for us shippy fans anyway , but this time, notice Jack's reaction...

O’NEILL: Well I don’t think we’re walking out of here.

MAYBOURNE: No way of knowing how far we were transported. We could be on the other side of the planet.

O’NEILL: Which is why we survive here until we’re rescued.

I think this little snippet may be why I like this ep so much (well, that and the fact Jack finally shoots Harry ). Jack knows that Sam will find him. He knows she won't give up, and this time he won't either! His confidence is really hearywarming to this shipper I feel like Jack's really learned from Edora and all the experiences SG-1 have had since then. What's the motto? Let's say it together children, after three - 1, 2, 3

NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND

Well done

I also like Sam's reaction this time. Her outbursts really show her feelings for Jack. And the locker room scene ... *sob* don't get me started *sob*

*goes into shippy haze*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                        Auralan has posted some info re S9 so I'm gonna link it so all my lovely family gets to see it spoiler alert! It's not great news for the ship, but I will say this

If I find Ba'al first I'M KEEPING HIM!

Edit: This is so you know what SG1fanintn is talking about I HAD to go find out
                        Well, all dinging talk aside, I have to say that we as shippers have really gotten more than we think we have.

I just for instance saw Inauguration again last night and was really surprised that they spent a couple minutes dissecting whether or not there was an "inappropriate relationship" between Jack and Sam.

Now, think about it...why would the writers have made such a deal about it? And they even showed clips (being a CLIP SHOW) to back it up, including the Paradise Lost scene "I SAY when we're done here"... Kinsey was pointing out how they wouldn't "incriminate themselves" in their own reports...but even those gave hints about what was happening between them and anyone could "read between the lines"...

And then with all the evidence provided by Woolsey, NO ONE...not President Hayes or the General...could dispute that there was more than likely a relationship between Jack and Sam that exceeded the Air Force's boundaries.

Just a shippy concept embedded within a non-shippy episode...
                        Last edited by Uber; 14 April 2005, 08:34 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                          I'm back! Before I go: What songs remind you of the Sam/Jack ship?

There's a song by Keith Urban on his new CD. Here are the lyrics and man are they perfect!!!! Well, the earning your trust part is a bit off cause Sam already trusts Jack, but in the romantic sense, I guess he has a little earning to do.....okaye shutting up and posting the lyrics LOL

"Making Memories Of Us"

I'm gonna be here for you baby
                          I'll be a man of my word
                          Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
                          I wanna sleep with you forever
                          And I wanna die in your arms
                          In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
                          And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

I wanna honor your mother
                          I wanna learn from your pa
                          I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
                          I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
                          A man among men
                          I wanna make your world better than it's ever been

We'll follow the rainbow
                          Wherever the four winds blow
                          And there'll be a new day
                          Comin' your way

I'm gonna be here for you from now on
                          This you know somehow
                          You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now
                          And I'm gonna make you a promise
                          If there's life after this
                          I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss

I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
                          And I'll win your trust making memories of us
                          Heidi
                          Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

To the lovely shipper who gave me rep points earlier, can you put your name at the end of your comment next time so I know who I'm smiling at The rep system doesn't put your sig on it. Thanks

No, that's not a sarcastic comment to any of you who thought I'd been dinged, its genuine

Sally - I cleared my in box for ya
                            Last edited by Oma-1; 15 April 2005, 12:26 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              (((((((( Caty )))))))))
                              Those two songs just fitted the love and emotions that we feel for Sam and Jack. "I'm lost everytime I look at you", I feel so much that both of them feel that. The way Sam and Jack try to avoid their real feelings and make the "reg" as their reason.
                              "I cannot breathe when you're around" is another feeling we see both of them have. Jack becomes almost incoherent when with Carter. And Carter has to talk her geek talk just to keep herself from saying everything that is in her heart.
                              Each word in "Everytime I Look At You" is so perfect to all the pics you put Sam and Jack in. I hope, in fact I wonder if TPTB ever watch any of this type of music vids. Caty thank you again for sharing your time and talents for our Sam and Jack ship. You should paint your house more.

Do you really like IL Divo (((gatebee))) ?!
                              I don't think TPTB watch many fan videos ...They do check some of the sites though and investigate I suppose .
                              but the actors may watch the videos ....I usually send CD to actors and AT has 4 CD music videos from me ..she hasn't got the last videos though ..not YET

Caty

Comment

hey Rogue

"I know-it's only rock and roll, but I like it"

pittsburghgirl
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X