This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florence
    IMO it probably should have ended with S8, but with a sligthly better shippy ending. Not something too obvious like a wedding (actually, I think I've already said it before, but I don't want to ever see a wedding scene in SG1. It looks too much like a soap opera for me... )
    that's what i think too. i think some people assume that cos i'm a shipper i want to see a wedding and all that, but i couldn't stand that, it would just make me cringe.. i dont like soppy stuff like that. i can't even read fanfics which involve them getting married and having kids, really.
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
      that's what i think too. i think some people assume that cos i'm a shipper i want to see a wedding and all that, but i couldn't stand that, it would just make me cringe.. i dont like soppy stuff like that. i can't even read fanfics which involve them getting married and having kids, really.

I wouldn't have wanted it to end at season eight, because then it's like it's all about RDA and AT. It's unfair to the rest of the cast to go, okay, we're hooking Sam and Jack up and finishing the series. These people have put a lot of work into making this show what it is --- something that's better than the original movie. How rare is that? I think they deserve the opportunity to see the show into its next phase --- a revamped SG1, which is essentially what's happening in series nine.

On the fan fiction angle, as soon as I see Sam, Jack, married with kids, I switch off. I also find some of that really sexual stuff a bit offputting, too!! (arrggh! Read one once, and was really disturbed!!!)

Comment

OH yes! No, not a wedding and Kids! I don't want to see that. Subtley, yes. I'm a S/J Shipper all the way yes but and I'd Love for them to get married, but I don't want to see it lol, I'd rather the angust, there's more passion that way. A fight, struggle. See, I don't want to see it on SG, but I do read it on FF. KateMcKay and Eve8 (gotta love those sisters!) You really need the Action behind the adventure. And, plus, in my heart I knwo Sam and Jack are secretly all ready married and Pete was a cover up lol
        Oh and Susie's stories! read those! lol and hell... read mine!
        EQUINOX

Comment

Hi everyone,

Read a few of the previous posts, but I'm afraid I wasn't patient enough to read them all. So, what's been happening??

I would prefer to see the show go out with a bang and finally have HARD SOLID evidence than Sam and Jack are together, rather than having the show drag on and on with only little bits to keep us happy. That's just my opinion.

I also, for some unknown reason, refer to them as Sam and Jack rather than the other way around. Sounds odd, Jack and Sam, for some reason.

Cheers.

(OT: Thoughts go out to all the victims and survivors of the Katrina Hurricane in New Orleans.)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Just because.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...eads_128CR.jpg

JACK: Isn't this a great way to spend the holiday weekend?
            SAM: Yep! I never knew I'd like fishing so much until we started meeting here!
            JACK: Yeah.....'specially since we have the place all to ourselves this time....
            SAM: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            JACK (reels in line, stands up, motions toward house and takes Sam's reel) : And we're walking......
            Season 8
            Spoiler:
            Awww, see how easy it would have been TPTB to include those words in the script? As much as we want it, they wouldn't have to spend one cent on interior scenes, just give us those words!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sg=1fanintn!!! Couldn't give you the green yet!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Just popping in before heading off to church with my two cents worth on the marraige and kids issue for Sam and Jack.

I have never gotten through one fic with Jack and Sam playing Ozzie and Harriette Nelson (a 1950 TV show) happily ever after plot.

Gag me with a Goa'uld!

But I do think coz I'm in the midst of writing one, that it can be pulled off, long as you show they will never live a normal suburbian, borish life. Remember this is suppose to be SCI-FI!

In other words give us an action, and adventure someone's abducted Jack and Sam's kids scenerio, etc. And no one messes with Jack's kids! Or an even more original plot.

But write it like a real SG-1 episode. I mean let's face it, Jack O'Neill with kids is like Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory. He never grew up! I can only imagine what his kids would be like! And then add Sam's brains and well that's a story for galatic trouble if ever there was one.

In other words give me action, adventure, romance and plenty of Jack and Sam and anything is possible.

I don't think its what you write about, but how you write it! Just don't make it a slap happy soap opera and I will probably read it.

Later Campers!
              Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
              Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
              Sam: "If you say so, sir."
              Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
              Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
              [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I forgot to mention that although I enjoyed the marathon Friday evening, it was really irritating to see the Sam/Jack moment on the Goa'uld ship edited down, and the shippy part cut. It upset me so much that I took off to Sam's Club today to buy S7 so I could see it in its proper form! Hubby had just been there a few days ago, and assured me that seasons 1-7 were all in stock....for just $31.50 each!

Well, we got there, and people here must have been buying a lot of SG-1 sets the last few days, because they only had seasons 1,3 and 5 on the shelves! So, I'm ordering it online instead!!!

("*Hmmph! That'll show Skiffy!*" Tosses head defiantly.)
                You know, I noticed that too. I thought maybe I just missed it. Why would they do that?
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  I was wondering about that too Buc - I'm assuming that
                  Spoiler:
                  only the host was cloned so we have lots of Ba'al lookalikes (yum ) but without the flashing eyes and the real Ba'al gets to hide amongst them
                  . Although having not watched the ep yet, I don't know if I'm right ....

Ooh, another thing, do we get to hear - ya know, maybe I should just go visit the ep thread or contain my curiosity until I see it
                  Someone suggested that
                  Spoiler:
                  Ba'al was actually the woman. There was only one of her.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    Someone suggested that
                    Spoiler:
                    LMAO!!! Yes, well, the'll never suspect that
                    EQUINOX

Comment

Someone suggested that
                      Spoiler:
                      Hmmm?? I don't know about that but ExDM
                      Spoiler:
                      I was surprised that she didn't join Ba'al in his bed chambers!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Someone suggested that
                        Spoiler:
                        you know that is an interesting concept and so very true. wouldn't that cause a few things to ...welll....-ahem-as this is a PG forum-let us just say stand up and take notice and be done with it.
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                          scjon - just noticed your location, where abouts in London are you its a big place?
                          South West ish edge of Greater London-a place called Teddington. I notice you're from Weybridge. I have been there once or twice. My husband occasionally goes down there to a camera shop.

Back on topic. I think that whether I want the s/j ship to end with a scene in season 9 or have occasional references through any successive seasons depends on how it is handled (and what sort of a mood I'm in!).

I don't need to see them get married on screen, but it would be nice to have some sort of visual confirmation (a kiss would do me fine).

I've read somewhere that techinically a spoiler? (highlight to read))[COLOR=White]season 9 is supposed to end with a huge cliffhanger, so I think that TPTB are really hoping for a season 10. If that happens, it would be nice to get more subtle references. The whole show doesn't have to be about the ship, but it's good to know it's there.

I suppose there's no reason why we couldn't have a little of both-a genuine alien influence free kiss in this reality at some point in season 9-which doesn't have to bring the series to an end in itself-and then occasional references throughout however many seasons the show has left.

Did that make any sense??
                          Last edited by scjon; 04 September 2005, 08:02 AM.
                          always and forever
                          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

OK, moving right along with my Photoshop Elements, I have created my first panorama!!! I'm working on the stitching because it's a little sloppy but nonetheless, VOILA, my new signature!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Phew! I’ve caught up on the last 10 pages and here are some of my thoughts.

What do I call the ship? I prefer to say Sam and Jack but will say Jack and Sam at times. I will never morph them together! That’s just weird! The closest I’ll come to morphing is Sam/Jack or Jack/Sam or S/J. (For some reason I don’t use J/S. Hmm, wonder why?)

End the show with resolved Sam/Jack or keep the show going with little shippy hints? I would be happy if they directly acknowledge the ship at the end of season 9 and then keep the show going without any Sam/Jack ship after that. Oh, that wasn’t a choice? Okay, then end the show with season 9 with a Sam and Jack resolution worthy of our respect. I don’t want them to continue to write shows with Sam/Jack UST because they don’t know how to write it anymore. So I would prefer it if they would just stop. I will still watch the show without S/J ship. Well, I will if they actually start to use the Stargate more and the Prometheus less and make a quick end of the Ori story. But that’s just my feelings and I’m only one teeny, insignificant fan.

I am one that would not want a wedding on the show. I would rather it just be mentioned, either directly or indirectly. I prefer the show to not be so tight with the personal lives of the characters. I like to keep it professional with a few personal tidbits. That’s how the first four seasons went and that’s what hooked me into the show. But that doesn’t mean I would be opposed to having a nice snuggly hug and kiss!

I started to watch the Friday marathon and when they got to the scene on the ship and they cut it, I got livid. I turned the television off. I’m really starting to hate the SciFi channel. They are already screwing up the promos by showing key scenes.
                              Spoiler:
                              ” The bomb isn’t in the building. The bomb is the building.” Knowing that from the promo just completely deflated the effect of that whole sequence.
                              Is SciFi trying to drive away the viewers?

In that picture from Threads (or is that from Moebius?) with Sam and Jack on the pier. I can’t help but notice the negative body language. Their legs are crossed away from each other and Sam is even slightly turned away from Jack. I know the PTBs are deep into visual references, so I can’t believe this is unintentional, but am I being too critical? Maybe I wouldn’t think so if Jack would have put his hand on Sam’s arm when he said, “I told ya!” I don’t need tons of soppy mushy love stuff, but just a little teeny confirmation every now and then would be nice. And now I just made myself nuts wondering if there is a difference between the two scenes! And I have to wait until October when I get the s8 DVDs so I can check this out.

Last but certainly not least: ÜberSG-1Fan, WooHoo ! Your video is absolutely T-rific! (And you have my favorite Sam/Maybourne scene in it!)

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                OK, moving right along with my Photoshop Elements, I have created my first panorama!!! I'm working on the stitching because it's a little sloppy but nonetheless, VOILA, my new signature!!!

Aww, it's wonderful!
                                Love the way they look at each other! *sigh*
                                From which episode are the caps?

Comment

Working...
                                X