This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuSiE_SG1
    just a quick question for everyone, would you prefer the series to end at season 9 and get your sam and jack relationship in the very last episode, or would you prefer to have stargate go on for another few years without the sam and jack relationship, just have little hints here and there about them???
    Thats a hard one...i'd love for Stargate to go on forverer but if it keeps changing like it has for Season 9 I think I would prefer to get a whole lot of Sam/Jack ship at the end of S9 rather that stretch Stargate out so that it is unrecognisable as Stargate......

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

if the puddle jumpers a rocking, dont come a knocking

ROTFL!! I will heed your warning

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        Hi Mary. You can find all the info here. If you scroll down you'll find all the addresses. Hope that helps.
        Wow, Bev, thanks! I've been to the site many times, but had no idea that was there!
        Originally posted by BrenRen
        Mary... have you checked Arduinna's Stargate Guide? It's kind of the viewer's almanac of the Stargate Universe!

http://www.stargatehandbook.org/

I use it a lot when I get stuc writing... Very handy-dandy!
        I had no idea this existed either! Thanks, BrenRen!
        just a quick question for everyone, would you prefer the series to end at season 9 and get your sam and jack relationship in the very last episode, or would you prefer to have stargate go on for another few years without the sam and jack relationship, just have little hints here and there about them???
        I'd like to see it end and get my ship at the end of S9.....and then hope Rick could be talked into a couple of movie features a year! If TPTB can't figure out ways for them to go through the gate together (or be in the show together) after the UST becomes RST, all they need to do is check with us!!!

I also want to say:

Welcome back, Wynter, and congrats on 500 posts!
        Welcome back, Sam o Neill!
        Love the new sig, sueKay!
        BrenRen, thanks for the great pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
          Thanks for the pushing...I've just PMed Colonel Sharp to ask for a position

To be honest I can't choose.....I usually write Sam and Jack but Jack and Sam sounds better...I think...
          I never really thought abotu it... I guess I say "Sam and Jack" I knwo Amanda said she doesn't want Sam to be "Jack's girl" so I say, she doesn't have to be, but Jack can be Sam's Guy Thus Sam/ Jack but as we all know there on equil leveles... so say backwards "kcaJ / maS"
          EQUINOX

Comment

lol Actually I do think Sam/Jack is best, it the default thing really...all of us do it that way so I vote it stays that way. And going from SueKays new sign Sam should be in front...Jacks the leader but Sams the one who knows whats going on

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Just because.....

JACK: Isn't this a great way to spend the holiday weekend?
              SAM: Yep! I never knew I'd like fishing so much until we started meeting here!
              JACK: Yeah.....'specially since we have the place all to ourselves this time....
              SAM: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              JACK (reels in line, stands up, motions toward house and takes Sam's reel) : And we're walking......

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Just because.....

JACK: Isn't this a great way to spend the holiday weekend?
                SAM: Yep! I never knew I'd like fishing so much until we started meeting here!
                JACK: Yeah.....'specially since we have the place all to ourselves this time....
                SAM: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                JACK (reels in line, stands up, motions toward house and takes Sam's reel) : And we're walking......

Sooooooo shippy yay!

Id say Sam and Jack cos i just like it taht way, and i would rather the series kept on going with little snippets.
                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                LOVE HIM-> DT
                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I forgot to mention that although I enjoyed the marathon Friday evening, it was really irritating to see the Sam/Jack moment on the Goa'uld ship edited down, and the shippy part cut. It upset me so much that I took off to Sam's Club today to buy S7 so I could see it in its proper form! Hubby had just been there a few days ago, and assured me that seasons 1-7 were all in stock....for just $31.50 each!

Well, we got there, and people here must have been buying a lot of SG-1 sets the last few days, because they only had seasons 1,3 and 5 on the shelves! So, I'm ordering it online instead!!!

("*Hmmph! That'll show Skiffy!*" Tosses head defiantly.)

Comment

sg1fanintn, it's great, I really love it ! (I can't quote your post because GW keeps freezing on me... and now I have to re-write my whole post... )

I've just been reading the last pages of this thread and here's what I wanted to add to the discussion...

1. I say Sam & Jack... like I was saying Mulder & Scully (wasn't everyone saying that btw ? I mean, I've always seen MSR, never SMR... )
                    As for Without a Trace, well I say Martin & Sam...

2. When should SG1 end ? IMO it probably should have ended with S8, but with a sligthly better shippy ending. Not something too obvious like a wedding (actually, I think I've already said it before, but I don't want to ever see a wedding scene in SG1. It looks too much like a soap opera for me... )
                    Instead, we could have had the end scene in Thread but sligthly different like
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack putting his arms around Sam's shoulders when she says "We should have done it before" and he answers "Let's not dwell..."

Okay, a kiss would have been great too !
                    I haven't seen the S9 eps yet so I can't tell if they are good or not... or rather if I like them or not... But I keep getting this XFiles feeling : 7 years of delight, then one of the main characters want to go away from the show and we get 2 seasons that could easily be forgotten...

*crosses fingers and hits the reply button...*
                    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                      Thats a hard one...i'd love for Stargate to go on forverer but if it keeps changing like it has for Season 9 I think I would prefer to get a whole lot of Sam/Jack ship at the end of S9 rather that stretch Stargate out so that it is unrecognisable as Stargate......

I think it's possible for Stargate to go on, past season nine. (having said that, I've only seen up to the end of season 8).

The thing is, if they work on a transition, this series could go on forever. The Sam/Jack thing could be resolved, but that of course would depend on whether Amanda wanted to stay with the series and whether RDA could be talked into making more appearances. It's not like they've 'skimped' on getting new cast members. They've brought in some impressive names who could see the show into a new phase if that's the way they decided to go. One other thing to think about. Michael Shanks left. He was going to go away and make movies. Then next thing you knew, he was back. There's nothing to say RDA won't decide he wants to be more involved should the show go into a 10th year.

I always thought that The X Files could have gone on, with Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish, if Gillian Anderson had been let out of the show when she wanted to go, so that the Scully character wasn't hanging over the heads of Doggett and Reyes. I'm one of those crazy people who loved season nine. A 10th series could have been a new beginning for the show --- back to basics with more traditional x-files and new story arcs.
                      Last edited by Chrysalis; 04 September 2005, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Hi, Alyssa! Welcome to the thread! I don't think I've seen you here before. Be sure to come back and visit often!

You make some really good points, and I think you're right! In fact, I would have been much more open to the changes in S9 if they had properly resolved THE SHIP at the close of S8. As it is, I was struggling not to get disgusted before AT came back. Her return has made the show more comfortable for me.....especially since TPTB have thrown us a couple of shippy bones in her first two appearances.

I am in favor of the show continuing, but they need a positive resolution to THE SHIP soon. Sam and Jack shouldn't have to wait forever to be together! TPTB's failure to resolve it frustrates me.

And I think Florence is right.....to resolve it, we definitely need one (at least) good our reality Sam and Jack, not under alien influence, disease-free honest to goodness kiss!

And with that, the last U.S. shipper still awake and posting bids fellow shippers around the world a fond good night!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Hi, Alyssa! Welcome to the thread! I don't think I've seen you here before. Be sure to come back and visit often!

You make some really good points, and I think you're right! In fact, I would have been much more open to the changes in S9 if they had properly resolved THE SHIP at the close of S8. As it is, I was struggling not to get disgusted before AT came back. Her return has made the show more comfortable for me.....especially since TPTB have thrown us a couple of shippy bones in her first two appearances.

I am in favor of the show continuing, but they need a positive resolution to THE SHIP soon. Sam and Jack shouldn't have to wait forever to be together! TPTB's failure to resolve it frustrates me.

And I think Florence is right.....to resolve it, we definitely need one (at least) good our reality Sam and Jack, not under alien influence, disease-free honest to goodness kiss!

And with that, the last U.S. shipper still awake and posting bids fellow shippers around the world a fond good night!

Hi! Have been here on and off, but not with any great frequency! I think those who feel the show should end when the Sam/Jack this is resolved are limiting their options. There's so much that can still happen --- the whole Stargate universe is one where anything is possible, and it can go on for many years to come.

I'm a little nervous about the first eps of season nine being Sam free. I do love Amanda! The idea of the show without her or RDA is a little unsettling, but, as you've said, give us a resolution and anything is possible. This series could go on for another 10 years, for all we know, with a changing of the guard. I'd be hoping the originals would stick around for as long as possible, but I don't think it would be bad without them, just different...

As much as I didn't want to, I've got sucked in to the whole Atlantis Shep/Weir thing, so it seems my Stargate obsession won't end any time soon even if we reach the end of an era with Sam and Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            I always thought that The X Files could have gone on, with Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish, if Gillian Anderson had been let out of the show when she wanted to go, so that the Scully character wasn't hanging over the heads of Doggett and Reyes. I'm one of those crazy people who loved season nine. A 10th series could have been a new beginning for the show --- back to basics with more traditional x-files and new story arcs.
                            OH yes, most definatley. Just like the new SG, go with the flow! Things change and evolve, cause and effect my friends. And yes SG is different now, but it's still the same... am I making any sence? I'm loving it! RDA may not be 'there' and there could allways be a chance of him comming back --- but my STUUUPID 19 yr old brother hasn't even noticed he's gone because some one's allways on the phone Jack or something

What was my point? Oh yes. Sam and Jack
                            EQUINOX

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              As much as I didn't want to, I've got sucked in to the whole Atlantis Shep/Weir thing, so it seems my Stargate obsession won't end any time soon even if we reach the end of an era with Sam and Jack.
                              Ohhh me too I'm such a sucker for ship Can't wait for FSF con in Sydney MOahaha, will express my ship on a T-shirt = on the Front Sam/Jack, on the Back Shep/Weir. lol.
                              EQUINOX

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox
                                Ohhh me too I'm such a sucker for ship Can't wait for FSF con in Sydney MOahaha, will express my ship on a T-shirt = on the Front Sam/Jack, on the Back Shep/Weir. lol.

I'll be catching them in Melbourne. I love both of those pairings! There's just something about them! I've been a Sam/Jack fan since the first episode I saw. And I didn't see the Shep/Teyla thing everyone raved about. For me it was all Shep/Weir from day one!

Comment

Working...
                                X