This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    RDA likes kissing AT? what could possibly give you that idea. your powers of observation are truely astounding. i never would have thought that, i mean its not like either of them are even the slightest bit attractive. and you say this could be linked to him liking the ship eh? hmmmm...

P.S, don't think i could ever manage to do a PhD, although i'd love to do a thesis on stargate. i think i've written enough here about it to have one done already. i admire anyone who can do a PhD, in anything though
    LOL Therefore, shouldn't AT love the ship as much as RDA does.... Just to clarify, I think that AT comes across as a really nice person and I respect her opinion, even when I don't always wholeheartedly agree with it.

Judging by the number of posts shippers have on here, I think everyone deserves to be awarded a PhD several times over...Thanks though. I'd much rather be writing my thesis on Stargate than what I'm actually doing (British social and political twentieth century history). To be fair, it's fine most of the time.
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Good luck Trupi and a little something for you

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBike1.jpg

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by singergirl
        Well look at the inverse...He's Sam's Guy just as much he is Jack's Girl.

Its just how i've seen it which is why I did the wonderwall Wp like i did. They've both been there for each other at time they needed it, equally. Respective character flaws between both of them are remedied by the other. That's how I take it. So i dont see how this would be such a big deal.

Romanticisim, through history, has always been an integral part of any writing, especially between characters. I think it's rediculous that sentiment conveying sweet uncontrolling inevitable love, should be rejected because of post-sexual revoloution politcal correctness and principle.
        Um, ok, maybe I should have elaborated. I have no issue with someone saying 'That's my man' of 'That's my girl'. Just as long as they are not reducing the person to nothing but that. That's what I was talking about. It seems AT has an issue with Sam being concider nothing but 'Jack's Girl'.

On an extermely OT note: Jewel in the Palace is making me SO upset. SPOILERS for anyone who watches the show. I don't think anyone else is so I'll continue.
        Jang-Geum and Sir Min ran off together. YAY! But the guards caught them and Jang-Geum chose to go back! They were going to finally be together! He was going to start a school and she was going to open a pharmacy(hospital/doctor's office)!
        Sure she was chosen to be the King's personal physican. A first for a woman...but they were going to be together! He RETIRED for her which is more than I can say for- Ok I'm slipping into negative-shipper mode. I'll just end by saying that if it was me, I would say 'Forget the King, I'm staying with the man I love!' A sure death sentance but still...

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          The thread is on the second page-OMG! Thanks Sally for your well wishes! My esophagus has a 2-3 cm hernia and my stomach has some sores (but healing) and damage to my vocal chords. However, the doctor is on top of it and thinks if I change my eating habits (no eating after 6pm) and take medication I'll be able to reverse most of the damage!
          Trupi-glad that the prognosis is positive. Hope you feel better soon.
          always and forever

Comment

((((((((Trupi))))))))

Sounds very painful...sending you some green and some hugs.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Thank you everyone!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                Um, ok, maybe I should have elaborated. I have no issue with someone saying 'That's my man' of 'That's my girl'. Just as long as they are not reducing the person to nothing but that. That's what I was talking about. It seems AT has an issue with Sam being concider nothing but 'Jack's Girl'.
                <snip>
                I think that's pretty much it from AT's point of view. Thankfully I see no reason why they can't portray Sam as the strong, intelligent person she's always been-just in a stable, happy relationship with Jack. IMO If someone is in the right sort of relationship, it doesn't change who they are as an individual. Sam would still be the kick-ass astrophysicist we've all known over the past 9 years.
                always and forever

Comment

Too right scjon

Caty

Comment

I would like to share with you all my very first fan music video. Now it's not of Sam and Jack...it's not even of Sam per se...but it is of and for Amanda Tapping...

So please feel free to download and review.

http://www.uberamandafan.com/

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                      ah okies np lol
                      AJ
                      Jack/Sam Belle/Shawn Teal'c/Ishta Chloe/Brady Daniel/Vala Mickey/Maggie John/Elizabeth Bo/Hope Rodney/Rodney
                      and all that other ship...
                      ~My reasons for Vancouver are mounting---piss on the Louvre~

Comment

May I point out that Lost City, Part 2 is on right now? Listen at the end for the Latin Jack mutters just before they put him in the deep freeze! Oma-1 mentioned it several months ago, and when we got it translated, it came out to something like, “I sleep now. I love you.” And he’s going to say it to Sam.

Squeeeeeeee!
                        Originally posted by HailDorothy
                        My two cents worth . . .on the dating issue.

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though
                        Spoiler:
                        Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and under wraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey supporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publicly together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL
                        You know, you make very sound and realistic points. If they went public too soon, it would look like they had been hiding it….and that could be used against them. I’m stickin’ to your story too! It supports, “Not exactly.”
                        Originally posted by sueKay
                        Bren, SG1 Fanintn - I have to disagree with both of you...In RL...I've had friends who've gotten together after years of friendship, and the couples that have rushed have ended up spliting up...yet one of my friends has just got engaged to her partner after taking things very slow to begin with...
                        Ah, but, Grasshopper, you are very young, and I am very (ok, just sorta) old. I’ve always found you to be very intuitive, bright and mature. But on this one, we’ll have to agree to disagree. Your perspective does change as you get older…..and I’m in between Sam’s age and Jack’s age.
                        Originally posted by singergirl
                        Well look at the inverse...He's Sam's Guy just as much he is Jack's Girl.

Its just how i've seen it which is why I did the wonderwall Wp like i did. They've both been there for each other at time they needed it, equally. Respective character flaws between both of them are remedied by the other. That's how I take it. So i dont see how this would be such a big deal.

Romanticisim, through history, has always been an integral part of any writing, especially between characters. I think it's rediculous that sentiment conveying sweet uncontrolling inevitable love, should be rejected because of post-sexual revoloution politcal correctness and principle.
                        Abso-posifrallin-lutely!!!!!
                        Originally posted by scjon
                        I think that's pretty much it from AT's point of view. Thankfully I see no reason why they can't portray Sam as the strong, intelligent person she's always been-just in a stable, happy relationship with Jack. IMO If someone is in the right sort of relationship, it doesn't change who they are as an individual. Sam would still be the kick-ass astrophysicist we've all known over the past 9 years.
                        Abso-posifrallin-lutely!!!!!

Comment

?

Okay...so I'm watching the marathon on SciFi...and Lost City 2 is on...and they CUT DOWN the scene on the cargo ship, deleting the scene where Sam says something like..."Sir back at your house, what I was going to say was..." and Jack interrupts her (dang it) and they stare at each other...

What was the point in that? What was the point in deleting that moment???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            I would like to share with you all my very first fan music video. Now it's not of Sam and Jack...it's not even of Sam per se...but it is of and for Amanda Tapping...

So please feel free to download and review.

http://www.uberamandafan.com/

So, this is the big project you’ve been working on lately. Very impressive! I’m excited to see November get here!!!!
                            ?

Okay...so I'm watching the marathon on SciFi...and Lost City 2 is on...and they CUT DOWN the scene on the cargo ship, deleting the scene where Sam says something like..."Sir back at your house, what I was going to say was..." and Jack interrupts her (dang it) and they stare at each other...

Probably to fit in another commercial……and to tick us off!!!!!

Comment

?

They want us to buy the DVDs, to see our favorite moments!
                              sigpic

Comment

By the way......

Happy Birthday, Forever SG-1!

Welcome back, Divcon!

Congratulations, sueKay, on 3,600 posts!
                                Congratulations, dipsofjazz, on 3,400 posts!
                                Congratulations, mad_gater, on 2,000 posts!
                                Congratulations, the dancer of spaz, on 1,400 posts!

Comment

Working...
                                X