This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    i'm one of those people who will occasionally read the last page to see if the book's worth reading/buying.

i'm not saying i wouldn't watch the show if
    Spoiler:
    sam and jack were to break up
    but it would really make me question if the show was worth watching. if they could do that then just think of what other horrible things they could do. and especially after all that build up, to hit a flat note right at the cresendo (wrong spelling, i know). of course this is purely theoretical because JM would never let this happen. right? right?!
    After all this time, and all the build-up and innuendo, it would be a tremendous disappointment if
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Jack didn't end up together!
    Nell mentioned the Moonlighting ship. That one finally came in, but sank like a stone because the show handled it so poorly. If our TPTB would just let Sam and Jack be committed to each other and really acknowledge it, it would make it easier to go along with their new ideas. If this one worry were settled, it would be much simpler to go forward with these guys!

Comment

personally i still love AT, and have never heard a bad word spoken about her by anybody who has ever met her, and even if she were sick of the ship, or changed her mind about it or whatever, i'd still be a huge fan, and even that would not mean anything in terms of the outcome of any such storyline.
      Ditto! I've never been to a con but I've read transcripts and AT comes across as genuine and very likable!! No matter what her personal opinions about the Ship, she is a class actress and plays the part as scripted with the nuances that only she can deliver. I also like how she's been reliable with her 'spoilers' about Sam and Jack!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        After all this time, and all the build-up and innuendo, it would be a tremendous disappointment if
        Spoiler:
        Nell mentioned the Moonlighting ship. That one finally came in, but sank like a stone because the show handled it so poorly. If our TPTB would just let Sam and Jack be committed to each other and really acknowledge it, it would make it easier to go along with their new ideas. If this one worry were settled, it would be much simpler to go forward with these guys!
        Hey let's not forget I Dream of Jeannie what a crash and burn after Jeannie and the good Major got together. Lets face it - the UST /
        Spoiler:
        "not exactly"
        's keep us going!

Comment

By the way, have you seen the news? The fans won the battle of the opening credits! I believe a lot of people on this thread will be glad to read this!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ll-lengt.shtml

Comment

WOW! I haven't read or posted since early yesterday morning, I come back and everything is hectic! I sure missed a lot. Glad things have calmed down.

Welcome to all the new people!

sjcon- This was a while back but, PhD thesis! Wow! "sigh" Something I have to look forward to. Actually I want to get two PhDs.

galaxy- I (unfortunately) looked at the 'punishment' photo for shelsfc and Oma. That is cruel! No one should have to see that!

About AT's new/old view on ship: As someone said, she has had this issue about Sam being concidered 'Jack's Girl'. I personally don't know why she would think people would think of Sam that way concidering who the character is (2IC of SG-1, most knowledge of Stargate and Astrophysics, strong woman).

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Spoiler:
              i firmly believe that
              Spoiler:
              they are already together. and i really can't see tptb having them break up. not after nearly 8 years of them being in love. one would think that after all that time of getting to know one another and falling in love and staying in love after all they've been through, that they would know before they officially got together if they'd be better suited as friends. thats why, as much as i've been burned by events such as those that took place in affinity, i have faith in tptb to not screw this up.

believe me, even though i was a shipper pretty much from the get go, i was still afraid that they would give s/j moonlighting syndrome, but i feel now that they have for the most part done a good enough job over the last 8+ years of handling the shippy aspects of the show, with one obvious exception, and that they will do an equally good job in the future.

i think that
              Spoiler:
              sam and jack are together now and for always
              . i'm pretty sure JM wont let us down. as long as we don't p!$$ him off between now and the end of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                WOW! I haven't read or posted since early yesterday morning, I come back and everything is hectic! I sure missed a lot. Glad things have calmed down.

sjcon- This was a while back but, PhD thesis! Wow! "sigh" Something I have to look forward to. Actually I want to get two PhDs.

galaxy- I (unfortunately) looked at the 'punishment' photo for shelsfc and Oma. That is cruel! No one should have to see that!

About AT's new/old view on ship: As someone said, she has had this issue about Sam being concidered 'Jack's Girl'. I personally don't know why she would think people would think of Sam that way concidering who the character is (2IC of SG-1, most knowledge of Stargate and Astrophysics, strong woman).
                unfortunately some people do think about female characters as {insert male characters name}'s girl, and little else. and some writers write them as such. we've been very fortunate so far that SG-1's writers seem to be able to do as good a job with writing for women as they do for men, with very few exceptions most of which were limited to season 1, and very very few of them were to do with sam's character.

and as for the "punishment pic", i myself couldn't last 3 seconds looking at it, nevermind 3 minutes. that was cruel and worthy of red dings and by golly galaxy is lucky that i don't red ding!

if anyone is wondering about why i'm posting so much all of a sudden BTW, i'm getting it out of my system before i don't have time to anymore.

Comment

Spoiler ahead for Ex Deus Machina
                  In Ex Deus Machina Agent Barets(SP?) asked Carter some questions about Pete during a stakeout and she says they broke up...then he asks Carter if she's single again..and her reply is "Not exactly"

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar

I think I'll just stick to the one PhD. Thanks though. Slightly stressed at the moment ....I wonder if anyone has ever done a thesis on Stargate??

I agree with you re portrayal of Sam. If she was simply some kind of ornament rather than an integral part of SG1, then I could see why AT would feel like that. But then she's being playing Sam for nine years and is naturally very protective of her character. In all the DVD extras stuff I've seen I get the impression that RDA is a shipper. But then I also get the feeling that he loved the fact that his job included kissing AT. The two things may be linked, I feel....

Still, I'm glad the Dreamwatch thing has been resolved. Our ship will sail/come in-albeit eventually.....
                    Last edited by scjon; 01 September 2005, 04:53 PM.
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                      I think I'll just stick to the one PhD. Thanks though. Slightly stressed at the moment ....I wonder if anyone has ever done a thesis on Stargate??

I agree with you re portrayal of Sam. If she was simply some kind of ornament rather than an integral part of SG1, then I could see why AT would feel like that. But then she's being playing Sam for nine years and is naturally very protective of her character. In all the DVD extras stuff I've seen I get the impression that RDA is a shipper. But then I also get the feeling that he loved the fact that his job included kissing AT. The two things may be linked, I feel....

Still, I'm glad the Dreamwatch thing has been resolved. Our ship will sail/come in-albeit eventually.....
                      RDA likes kissing AT? what could possibly give you that idea. your powers of observation are truely astounding. i never would have thought that, i mean its not like either of them are even the slightest bit attractive. and you say this could be linked to him liking the ship eh? hmmmm...

P.S, don't think i could ever manage to do a PhD, although i'd love to do a thesis on stargate. i think i've written enough here about it to have one done already. i admire anyone who can do a PhD, in anything though

Comment

i firmly believe that
                        Spoiler:
                        they are already together. and i really can't see tptb having them break up. not after nearly 8 years of them being in love. one would think that after all that time of getting to know one another and falling in love and staying in love after all they've been through, that they would know before they officially got together if they'd be better suited as friends. thats why, as much as i've been burned by events such as those that took place in affinity, i have faith in tptb to not screw this up.

believe me, even though i was a shipper pretty much from the get go, i was still afraid that they would give s/j moonlighting syndrome, but i feel now that they have for the most part done a good enough job over the last 8+ years of handling the shippy aspects of the show, with one obvious exception, and that they will do an equally good job in the future.

i think that
                        Spoiler:
                        sam and jack are together now and for always
                        . i'm pretty sure JM wont let us down. as long as we don't p!$$ him off between now and the end of the show.
                        I absolutely agree with you! What would be the point otherwise? I have disagreed all along with those who thought that once
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam and Jack got together, they'd take it slow to be cautious with their friendship. I don't think so! I think they'd go at light speed. Why? First, because they already know each other so well. Second, because they've waited SOOOOO LOOONNNGGGGG! Finally, because they're adults and they've known FOR YEARS how they feel about each other. There's no doubt they could live together well. They've done it in the field for years. And with the time that we've been told has transpired between the end of S8 and the start of S9, I'm sure they're pretty committed by now!

(End of S/J rant) Whew! That felt good!

Comment

And with the time that we've been told has transpired between the end of S8 and the start of S9, I'm sure they're pretty committed by now! [/spoiler]

(End of S/J rant) Whew! That felt good!
                          For the life of me, I can't remember how much time "has transpired!!" So, puh-leese, tell me!!

BTW, I've been thinking about what Sam meant by ExDM
                          Spoiler:
                          "Not exactly." I don't believe they are married. But, I do believe they have at least shared their feelings with one another with the intention of acting on them. At best, they are quietly dating! If Sam had said "no," I would have thought that the command structure/regs were in the way. If she had said, "yes," I would have thought they were openly dating or married. But, "not exactly" connotes to me that they are together discretely. Although, now that I think about it, I wouldn't like them having to 'hide' their relationship. After all this time and putting things off for honor and duty, I would be very disappointed that they broke the regs. But, I don't believe the regs are in the way. Thus far, she has not reported to Jack as her CO that we've seen. And, he is not a civilian-in-charge as Kerry suggested to him.
                          So, anybody want to continue this hypothesis?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            SG1 poz They have Vala on Atlantis !!! I didn't know that !!!

Caty
                            Oh No! Did I say that ?? Now you see how upset I was while I was posting

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              Complelty agree with OMA, we should move on... We know TPTB are shippers, they have more to say in the ship and they are keeping us happy...if AT doesn't like Jack then I know who does... and in Oma's words

They're keeping WHO happy?? Because I'm certainly not happy and won't be until I *see* some ship resolution on screen. Not hinted at, not talked about, not even Sam whispering sweet nothings on the telephone. Out in the open where it can be seen and appreciated! (Okay, and cried over by the anti's, I admit. <g>) I also disagree that TPTB are shippers. JM is a *slight* one, but not enough to stand up to the rest, who definitely are not. (He's even said so.)
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                For the life of me, I can't remember how much time "has transpired!!" So, puh-leese, tell me!!

Hi, Nell, I'm figuring about 3-5 months.

So, anybody want to continue this hypothesis?
                                My two cents worth . . .on the dating issue.

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though
                                Spoiler:
                                Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and underwraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey suppporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publically together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL
                                Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
                                Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
                                Sam: "If you say so, sir."
                                Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
                                Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
                                [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Working...
                                X