This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    Complelty agree with OMA, we should move on... We know TPTB are shippers, they have more to say in the ship and they are keeping us happy...if AT doesn't like Jack then I know who does... and in Oma's words

Hahahahaha...Love it! So funny...and so true!

Like I said, I don't see a reason to be concerned about this.
    AT's opinion, no matter if we agree with her or not, doesn't mean anything for the ship.
    And it looks
    Spoiler:
    not exactly
    bad for the ship...so don't worry, shippers!

Comment

Very wise Token and you are right, the ship always sells, that is why there is always the ship question in any interview... even with TPTB.

I've found this scan of an RDA article earlier this year, it's a french magazine and it was for the end of S8, I would need a French speaking fellow shipper to translate the ship question and response.

From RDA-Forever
      http://www.rda-forever.com/Galleries...&image_id=3489
      http://www.rda-forever.com/Galleries...&image_id=3490

RDA, says that the ship is "amusant" meaning...

adj. amusing, entertaining; funny, enjoyable; humorous, humous; lovely

With that he already has my heart

But overall what he says is that they like to keep the ship open, because it is good to keep the mystery and intrigue elements in a show that they still had a lot to explore and with luck they could do it in an interesting and original way.

IMHO that is what they have done over the past 8 years, BTS, D&C, LC.... so if they keep it like that, I'm happy and as somebody in this thread said....

The ship ain't over yet

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        when I think of what makes up the character of Sam I think, intelligience as a scientist and all its technobabble, a loyal, dedicated soldier, a loving daughter, a good friend, and what makes up her softer side is her trust, respect, and love for Jack. So, IMO to deny Jack would be like denying that she is intelligient or to deny that she is a loyal soldier, it would be simply unbelievable. The best part of the Sam and Jack relationship isn't that one detracts from the other but that it supports what makes them who they are.
        Brilliantly put (((Nickatell)))

Originally posted by Token
        To me, this is just another "who knows how to take it" article. What fascinates me is that DreamWatch knows what sells!! What did they chose to hype in the mag?? THE ship!! Whether pro or con, the Sam and Jack ship sells magazines, DVDs, and the show itself. People can deny it, but it doesn't change the truth! Personally, I think that if Sam ever had a taste of Jack, she would never go back!! And if she did, there would be plenty of women to pick up the slack. Of course, AT didn't say for how long the "sexual relationship" would last so I give it at least 40 years, heck, 50 years (gotta make the golden anniversary)!
        Ship sure does sell! Look at all the fuss we make about it! Add to that the fuss the anti-shippers make and that's a huge market right there - without even counting the sci-fi fans

50 years? Is that all???? Surely they could have a little talk with the *real* Oma and ascend together - that way they could have eternity together
        sigpic

Comment

Woo hoo!!!

(note - off topic)

My site's in the top 25 of the chevron 26 topsites!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!

please please please vote - http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel - just scroll to the bottom of the left hand menus and click on the graphic

As for AT's comments...as I've said...she changes her mind so often, I don't really bother with her interviews.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

3rd try to post something... GW doesn't like me today...

I've translated the question and reply in the article LOL4JACK was talking about. I hope it's not too bad...

"Q : What's your position about the story between Jack and Sam ? And about fans despairing to see something happening between them ? Does that bother you ?
            R : Life is too short to get bothered by these kind of things ! (laughs) But it's funny. In retrospect, I don't remember too well because stories are developped and made without me being conscious of it... not that I'm conscious of anything actually ! (laughs)
            But I'm even less conscious about what's happening there, behind these closed doors. It's fine to keep some elements of mystery and intrigue... Even if these are words a bit too strong in this context ! (Laughs)
            But we don't know yet what will happen between Jack and Sam...
            Robert Cooper even came one day and asked me what I thought should happen between Sam and Jack, but he blamed himself to have asked me ! (Laughs)
            We don't know yet, we are not sure. Actually, there are only two solutions : they get together or not. But there are a lot of melodramatic possibilities to explore and with a bit of luck, we'll do it in an interesting and original way that will satisfy everyone...
            However, there are possibilities that not everyone will be happy ! It doesn't work like that."

*crosses fingers hoping that it will work this time*
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Sorry i missed what exactly was said in this article by amanda tapping, could someone PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

And i totally agree with what all of you have said, ship definetly sells and it will always be there because the writers have spent 8 years building it up, so they can't just get rid of it. It wouldn't make any sense.

Edit: Thanks Folrence!

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                As for AT's comments...as I've said...she changes her mind so often, I don't really bother with her interviews.
                I agree Sue - not so much that AT changes her mind but come on ladies - she's a new mother! I think her feelings towards work, character relationships and life have changed dramatically over the past few months.

Comment

I posted the quote here for anyone who missed it.

((((Florence)))) Thanks for the translation. We don't see you here often enough these days
                  sigpic

Comment

Oma - Florence was on her hols...I've got the postcard to prove it!

(but not a scanner to scan it with)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      I posted the quote here for anyone who missed it.

((((Florence)))) Thanks for the translation. We don't see you here often enough these days
                      (((Oma)))
                      I was on holidays (came back sunday evening). Since then, I've been lurking... I have not seen the S9 eps yet and I try to stay spoiler free about them (though I know about
                      Spoiler:
                      "Not really"
                      )
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Ok. So I have this theory. No one here at work is as rabid a shipper as I am, therefore I haven't really been able to discuss it properly.

I think Sam and Jack are already together in the minds of the producers. I think it's far more a matter of when and how that revelation will be made, than if. In my humble opinion, they're being as vague as possible largely because of Robert's ambivelance. But at some point, I truly believe they'll bite the bullet on this, because I don't think they have any plans at all to break-up nine years of emotional character development for either Carter, or O'Neill. And that's what they would be doing, if they moved either one of them on (to someone else) in a flippant way.

Because I feel that way, I have to admit, I'm really not worried about Sam/Jack becoming a non-canon issue. I don't doubt it'll happen. I just wish it would happen sooner than later.

So from a canon point of view, it's probably in the producer's best interests not to say much about Sam's emotional story this season, given that since she is involved with Jack, they'd have to delve into that plotline and obviously they're not ready for that. I'm sure they also want to see if they can get Rick to come back for some of that, too. Though it looks like we might have to wait for season ten. I wouldn't even mind that, if it meant we'd get a genuine story from it. In fact, I'd almost rather see something real and substantial happen between the Sam and Jack characters (in a season ten scenario), than to have something like a "gloss-over" afterthought appear in passing dialogue during season nine.

To me, the lack of explicit Sam/Jack also seems to indicate that they're hoping (and expecting) Rick to come back for those stories at some point as well. Therefore they're not 'wasting' them while he's unavailable to participate in the storylines.

So I have a lot of hope for the future of Sam and Jack. I really, really do!

MG
                        Last edited by minigeek; 01 September 2005, 12:05 PM. Reason: i forgot my sassy-sam photo! lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Ok. So I have this theory. No one here at work is as rabid a shipper as I am, therefore I haven't really been able to discuss it properly.

I think Sam and Jack are already together in the minds of the producers. I think it's far more a matter of when and how that revelation will be made, than if. In my humble opinion, they're being as vague as possible largely because of Robert's ambivelance. But at some point, I truly believe they'll bite the bullet on this, because I don't think they have any plans at all to break-up nine years of emotional character development for either Carter, or O'Neill. And that's what they would be doing, if they moved either one of them on (to someone else) in a flippant way.

Because I feel that way, I have to admit, I'm really not worried about Sam/Jack becoming a non-canon issue. I don't doubt it'll happen. I just wish it would happen sooner than later.

So from a canon point of view, it's probably in the producer's best interests not to say much about Sam's emotional story this season, given that since she is involved with Jack, they'd have to delve into that plotline and obviously they're not ready for that. I'm sure they also want to see if they can get Rick to come back for some of that, too. Though it looks like we might have to wait for season ten. I wouldn't even mind that, if it meant we'd get a genuine story from it. In fact, I'd almost rather see something real and substantial happen between the Sam and Jack characters (in a season ten scenario), than to have something like a "gloss-over" afterthought appear in passing dialogue during season nine.

To me, the lack of explicit Sam/Jack also seems to indicate that they're hoping (and expecting) Rick to come back for those stories at some point as well. Therefore they're not 'wasting' them while he's unavailable to participate in the storylines.

So I have a lot of hope for the future of Sam and Jack. I really, really do!
                          Wise words! And I hope you're right...
                          Hm... and I agree with you; if we have to wait for S10 for a sensible and believable conclusion, I guess I'd be willing to wait for it. Especially if it means they get RDA back

Although... For me to wait... and be real pleased...It'd have to be really good
                          Sam&Jack
                          ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                          ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                          TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Just popping in for some canon FA, as i tend to do from time to time.

Wonderwall WP

Avies (including the one in my siggy)
                            AJ
                            Jack/Sam Belle/Shawn Teal'c/Ishta Chloe/Brady Daniel/Vala Mickey/Maggie John/Elizabeth Bo/Hope Rodney/Rodney
                            and all that other ship...
                            ~My reasons for Vancouver are mounting---piss on the Louvre~

Comment

Singergirl - VERY nice
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                                Spoiler:
                                AGENT BARRET: So you are single again
                                CARTER: not exactly !!!

eek: I am right now watching ex deus machina and I just saw that scene !!! I so knew it
                                When I was watching that episode, and she said 'not exactly' I literally had goose bumps. I thought, yes, this is it. I thought we were going to get some kind of closure, something, anything. But of course that was it. Think about this relationship from a girl's point of view, he flirted, teased, and acted very interested in her for 8 long years. Then she breaks her engagement, he's free to have a relationship with her and he leaves town. I'd have felt like a fool, and if that's how it turns out, I won't be a Jack or RDA fan anymore. I actually had a relationship like that, and it ended where they've left the Sam and Jack characters right now. It really hurt and it left me feeling the fool. I haven't seen this man in 28 years and I still try to avoid thinking about him. I sincerely hope they don't end the ship this way. Much too much like real life and it really makes him look like a miserable individual.

Comment

Working...
                                X