This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    Exactly - sure we saw how devestated they were when Daniel died, but we never saw them cry. But Sam did when she thought she'd lost Jack.
    I think Entity is another good example when Jack has to zat Sam and then is reluctant to remove her from life support--even though he knows her advance directive wishes. Wonder when they had that kind of a conversation? That isn't exactly something that you discuss casually.
    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Yeah, Lost Paradise and Grace are two examples. What they were feeling was more than just a lose of a friend.
      And Out of Mind, Divide & Conquer, Beneath The Surface, Entity, Desperate Measures, Lost City .... and that's just the angsty ones! Never mind the tender moments, the caring moments, the just plain funny moments .... it all adds up.

There has been such a depth of emotion shown between these characters. There is a closeness between all of SG-1, but Sam & Jack have that extra element which makes it so much deeper. The whole thing was just so unbelievable for me. Intellectually I understand all the rationalisations and reasons, I just don't buy any of them because Sam & Jack have always known how they felt about each other, right from the get go. The only good thing to come of it is that tptb finally acknowledged some S&J ship with Threads and now EDM.

The bond that Sam & Jack share has overcome so many obstacles, that I don't ever see it breaking. Tptb will have to acknowledge that definitively at some point in the show - especially if JM has any say in it.

Right now, the thing that annoys me most is the lack of explanation on the show about why Jack suddenly disappeared. I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there who are completely in the dark as to what's happening. Even the magazine articles I've read haven't really explained Jack's absence, so anyone without internet access/knowhow is gonna be completely . They did the big farewell epidsode for Daniel cos they were killing him off and the ancient/ascended thing is a major storyline - all I want is a few lines of explanation fcol! Even something like

Daniel: How's Jack settling in at the Pentagon? Did General Hammond leave him the chair? (smirks)
      Sam: You know the General - sticking it to the higher up man now. (grins)
      sigpic

Comment

Re: the AT comments

Hasn't AT spoken in interviews in the past about how much these characters care for each other and that they would be together if it weren't for the regs? Now it's just a meaningless sexual encounter? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry if she feels frustrated by the events of the recent seasons, but she's not the only one. We shippers certainly didn't ask for that storyline! Don't blame the ship for the violence that was done to it.

As people have said, it's disappointing to hear her say things like that when we're desperate for a happy ending. I guess it's good she's not in control of the storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          You beat me to it! I was the same - I got it last week too, and I'd completely forgotten about it in all the EDM excitement until today when I got here and saw everyone had been talking about it.

I'm really disappointed that she said that though. I suppose it's always nicer to think the actors support the ship...

What? You and Oma are supressing important shipper informations?
          For a whole week?!?!?

For supressing evidence in the "
          Spoiler:
          Will Jack and Sam break up?
          " case, the shipper supreme court sentences you to look at this pic for 3 minutes (without blinking!).

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...7x15-00017.jpg

Has anyone else the feeling that AT changes her opinion on that topic every week? LOL
          Well, I guess she wants just the best for her character and the show and I can totally understand that, but I can't agree with her, because if they do that, both characters would lose all of their credibility and stargate would really turn into a soap-opera!
          That would do harm to their characters (and stargate in general) much more than anything else IMO.

Anyway, that’s just her opinion (for this week ) and doesn’t mean anything for the future of the ship....I hope.

Comment

Time for the eye soap..."The burning is love."

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              And Out of Mind, Divide & Conquer, Beneath The Surface, Entity, Desperate Measures, Lost City .... and that's just the angsty ones! Never mind the tender moments, the caring moments, the just plain funny moments .... it all adds up.

There has been such a depth of emotion shown between these characters. There is a closeness between all of SG-1, but Sam & Jack have that extra element which makes it so much deeper. The whole thing was just so unbelievable for me. Intellectually I understand all the rationalisations and reasons, I just don't buy any of them because Sam & Jack have always known how they felt about each other, right from the get go. The only good thing to come of it is that tptb finally acknowledged some S&J ship with Threads and now EDM.

The bond that Sam & Jack share has overcome so many obstacles, that I don't ever see it breaking. Tptb will have to acknowledge that definitively at some point in the show - especially if JM has any say in it.

Right now, the thing that annoys me most is the lack of explanation on the show about why Jack suddenly disappeared. I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there who are completely in the dark as to what's happening. Even the magazine articles I've read haven't really explained Jack's absence, so anyone without internet access/knowhow is gonna be completely . They did the big farewell epidsode for Daniel cos they were killing him off and the ancient/ascended thing is a major storyline - all I want is a few lines of explanation fcol! Even something like

Daniel: How's Jack settling in at the Pentagon? Did General Hammond leave him the chair? (smirks)
              Sam: You know the General - sticking it to the higher up man now. (grins)
              Thank you Oma for posting the article, really didn't want to make a trip to Manhattan to get magazine, going to hospital tommorrow for some tests (only would have gone for the well being of the shipper family). In my opinion and once again I'm not attacking but AT has said on the commentaries (right from her mouth, unless it was scripted) she is not for the ship. Listen to " Death Knell" commentaries. Even "Lost City" commentaries had things on that. This is her opinion- great- I support her opinion 100% but she is upsetting her loyal fans who have cheered her on for 9 seasons. A actor without the support of their fans is heading down the dark side. "It just the way I see thing, what is your opinion"!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                What? You and Oma are supressing important shipper informations?
                For a whole week?!?!?

Spoiler:
                " case, the shipper supreme court sentences you to look at this pic for 3 minutes (without blinking!).

Has anyone else the feeling that AT changes her opinion on that topic every week? LOL
                Well, I guess she wants just the best for her character and the show and I can totally understand that, but I can't agree with her, because if they do that, both characters would lose all of their credibility and stargate would really turn into a soap-opera!
                That would do harm to their characters (and stargate in general) much more than anything else IMO.

Anyway, that’s just her opinion (for this week ) and doesn’t mean anything for the future of the ship....I hope.

My eyes! My eyes!
                -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  AT: I've thought about that and I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately, there has been too much notice on these two and it is too much of a qualifier for this character. It would be amazing if something happened and they went "Oh, we're better off as friends". If they could get it on just once, have a great little time, and then go "We got that out of our system. Now let's go fishing!" I just can't see Cater and O'Neill having a long term, functioning relationship though."
                  I'm very, very disappointed and saddened by what AT said. I wish she would have stuck with her first sentence and didn't give us an answer.
                  She must know what a enormous group the shippers are and what her negativity about sam and jack relationship could cause the show. I'll be even more curious to see what the ratings do this season.
                  Now it'll be difficult for me to stay hopeful about the ship even if TPTB throw us a bone now and then like in EDM.
                  The actors pour all of their talent and emotions into a character. So if/when we do see Sam mention Jack or see them 'together', it won't feel the same since I know she (AT) dislikes and doesn't believe in the relationship.
                  I guess what it gets down to is separating AT from her character Sam when anything shippy is shown. I'll be hard pressed to accept it now. ...and here I 'was' excited about those two words in EDM.

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                    Time for the eye soap..."The burning is love."
                    Originally posted by girlgater
                    My eyes! My eyes!

That's what happens when curious, little shippers poke their nose into things that are not meant for them! I hope you learned your lesson!

Comment

That's what happens when curious, little shippers poke their nose into things that are not meant for them! I hope you learned your lesson!
                      It seemed like a good idea at the time...
                      -girlgater

Comment

Spoiler:

That was fun actually I spent 3 minutes contemplating all my fave potato recipes, then duck recipes and finally remembering all the many and wonderful manips and piccys that have been posted

In my defence, I can only humbly apologise and confess my complete cowardice in not wanting to bring up the subject
                        sigpic

Comment

Parsifal wrote
                          I guess it's good she's not in control of the storyline.
                          Gosh I hope she won't get what she wants this time ..does not make any sense!!! but she asked for a boyfriend and she got him with
                          Spoiler:
                          Pete
                          I don't quite get why she is changing her mind like this .She was against the
                          Spoiler:
                          engagement proposal in Affinity

because she was concerned about the
                          Spoiler:
                          other guy = Jack
                          but what about now and the deep LOVE for Sam and Jack !!!!!
                          I thought AT was supporting the ship until I read that piece of S***
                          She may have been fed up with the ship but the writers wrote the ship .. we are not responsible for it ..we just enjoy it because it's a beautiful ship and hopefully will stay that way and won't be ridiculised to a cheap Sex encounter like others said .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            Thank you Oma for posting the article, really didn't want to make a trip to Manhattan to get magazine, going to hospital tommorrow for some tests (only would have gone for the well being of the shipper family). In my opinion and once again I'm not attacking but AT has said on the commentaries (right from her mouth, unless it was scripted) she is not for the ship. Listen to " Death Knell" commentaries. Even "Lost City" commentaries had things on that. This is her opinion- great- I support her opinion 100% but she is upsetting her loyal fans who have cheered her on for 9 seasons. A actor without the support of their fans is heading down the dark side. "It just the way I see thing, what is your opinion"!
                            Apparently she is supporting her fans...but it's not the shippers

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              Parsifal wrote

Gosh I hope she won't get what she wants this time ..does not make any sense!!! but she asked for a boyfriend and she got him with
                              Spoiler:
                              Pete
                              I don't quite get why she is changing her mind like this .She was against the
                              Spoiler:
                              engagement proposal in Affinity

because she was concerned about the
                              Spoiler:
                              other guy = Jack
                              but what about now and the deep LOVE for Sam and Jack !!!!!
                              I thought AT was supporting the ship until I read that piece of S***
                              She may have been fed up with the ship but the writers wrote the ship .. we are not responsible for it ..we just enjoy it because it's a beautiful ship and hopefully will stay that way and won't be ridiculised to a cheap Sex encounter like others said .

Caty
                              Why not ? They have Vala on Atlantis. Maybe they all have sex on the brain. Apparently it's easier to write sex scenes then love scenes.

Poz

Comment

((((SG1poz ))) I don't understand why AT said that and does not support the ship ..I mean what about all those dedicated fans who built websites specially for their favourite couple Sam and Jack ..What about all those videos makers who spent ages making Sam and Jack videos ?!! What about all the collages and wallpapers made for them ...What all about the fanfics just because all those fans believed in the love story and a great relationship which will last forever !!

Unless she is just messing around ( which is not funny) !! I don't understand why they can't recognize the respect that shippers have for Sam and Jack and their relationship with all the labour of LOVE involved in creations .

It's soo bad taste that I really feel offended by AT's comment . What about us Amanda , the dedicated fans who made so many creations about Sam and Jack and their deep love for each other !!!

we don't want to see SEXUAL encounter between Sam and Jack after 8 long years of deep respect for each other ??!!!! What 's all that about

and most of all why can't they just be together off screen anyway ? what would be the problem ? GOSH am I the only one in the thread to be fed up about the show ?!!

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X