This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smea
    Oh, im glad she said that. She always seems to speak so highly of RDA [[as she should ]] ...As a matter of interest.. when/where did she say that?
    I wish I could remember. I've read so many articles that they all start to blur together.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      I wish I could remember. I've read so many articles that they all start to blur together.
      Agreed - especially if you're reading online. It's horrible trying to remember where you were later!

Comment

sg-1fanintn I sent you a PM about that show.

Comment

Gatetrixer, thanks for the info! I get WGN. I'll try to catch it on vhs.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          Gate girl12
          As far as Cliff’s comments I was upset after reading it and went into a long spill about TPTB not showing the same respect that RDA has shown to SG. I have only heard RDA say positive things about the show and unfortunately we don’t get the same from others. At least acknowledge the role he has played and give him the due respect. Michael Shanks left the show for an entire year not knowing if he would ever come back. There was a huge goodbye scene and how much the other characters missed him. The DVD’s had a special contribute to Daniel Jackson. I think that is great! He was one of the stars for the show. I just want the same respect shown to any of the four orginial stars to get the same respect shown to them. THIS INCLUDES RDA!!!! Okay great if he comes back next year full time, MS came back. So I’m not really agreeing with JM’s excuse that he is still part of the show so we didn’t want to say goodbye. MS came back for several episodes.

Sorry! End of rant.
          Yes, Michael appeared in several eps and voiced Thor in S6, so he never was really gone. RDA is a class act, and so is Amanda. Class always shows.

I’m sure it was a little confusing and sometimes stressful to work around RDA’s schedule. But many times, I’ve seen people get upset because someone who has more industry influence is calling the shots, and as one of the Executive Producers, Rick was calling the shots. In those situations, you just have to ask yourself whether a little irritation outweighs the good the situation has brought into your life. otherwise And without RDA, would there have been eight successful seasons of SG-1? Probably not, so I say, why make an issue out of it? Doesn’t all the good outweigh that?

Comment

Well said sg-1 fanintn the Cast and Crew owe alot to RDA and an Actor should understand about working a crazy schedule.An Actor should not expect a 9-5 Job Monday-Friday.There in the wrong Business if that is the schedule they want.I said this before and I'll say it again many of us have to cover for Co-workers when they are out of the office and we also may have to work different Hours.RDA earned the right to have a schedule of his choice.I'am sure there are plenty of out of work Actors who would put up with different schedules.

Comment

JM is online and answering questions. He answered one of mine, and here it is.

S9 General Spoilers
              Originally posted by JMallozzi
              Originally Posted by Token
              Spoiler:
              Hi, Joe!

You have said that Jack didn't need a "fond farewell" because of the possibility for him to return. However, will we ever hear this season the "where/what/why" of Jack's new position?

Thanks.
              Spoiler:
              We won't be getting into the specifics of his departure.

Token ~

Comment

Token.....that has to be his strangest reply yet! The reasons for Jack's departure have been talked about in the Stargate community for months.....why not make them canon? I think this falls into the category of NOT telling us things in order to keep us concerned. Weird!

Also, new photos from Prototype are posted on GW at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/909_06.shtml
                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 31 August 2005, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_obvious
                  Hi, I'm new to posting, but I've been here for a long time, so a big "How do" to all!
                  This is going to be WAY off topic, but I just have to rant a little, so bare with me please: I just finished watching Phantom of the Opera and I have to say it was probably one of the worst musical to movie productions I have ever seen, next to Madonna in Evita. I understand that some things will have to be changed going from the Broadway stage to a moive set, but come on! I don't have anything against the actors, but if you can't sing, don't try. The things that were cut out of the movie made the stage production what it was. I simply can't believe that Andrew Lloyd Webber hasn't learned his lesson with actors who have no business singing such difficult parts, after the Madonna fiasco. And I'm not even going to talk about the acting, the least they could do was look like they're singing. I'm mean, I love Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brighton, I know I'm asking a lot, you know being able to sing and all. I was really wanting to like the movie version, but I was sadly disappointed. The Phantom's makeup didn't even look real.
                  But, on a lighter note, the dance scenes were wonderful. Masquerade was beautiful, even if it was taken a bit too fast. The costumes were elegant and some of the camera shots were amazing. It had so much going for it. I have to say, if you liked the Phantom movie, go buy the Original Broadway Cast CD. You'll be amazed.

Anyway, thanks for entertaining my ranting, especially since it is off topic. I knew the ship family would humor me, so thanks. This is all just in my humble opinion. I don't want to offend anyone who like the movie. Personally, I am glad that it was made, contrary to what you might assume from reading this post. I know that it was appealing to an audience that may not have even heard of Phantom until they had seen the movie, so thus it brought new people into the Broadway musical circle. And for that, I am greatful for the movie.
                  (please no red zingers, I bruise easily )

In regards to Vala, if it is she who will be Highlight to read the returning charcter for the finale I will be so disappointed.
                  Welcome to posting! Post lots!

Ok, that's disapointing. I love the Original Broadway recording and have been wanting to see the movie. They should have cast Josh Groban as the Phantom! HE can sing!

I agree about Vala. I like her, but if she takes the place of RDA I'll never watch again!

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Token,
                    That was an odd reply from JM. Have they even addressed why Jack left? I mean the online community knows because of all the spoilers and discussion but what of the folks that just watch the show without 'being in the know?'
                    All of a sudden he is just gone and well that is all you will get for now. It is so very odd. Once again I find myself dazed and confused, geez.
                    Thanks for posting this by the way.
                    Chris

Comment

I hope that means
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack will be in the Season finale and JM just did not want to give anything away.So Vala is the character with the big revelation.That was not what I was hoping for but I'am not surprised.Vala is getting a big push this year.Vala is getting more atention than Mitchell.If Jack is not in the Season finale Vala will really play a big role.I would not mind seeing Vala be a Villian.I'am really surprised about the Talk of Vala returning full time in Season10.I hope it's a rumor.I cannot see Vala being full Time without losing a member of SG-1.I cannot see a 5 member Team.Well it would not be Stargate without something else to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_obvious
                        Hi, I'm new to posting, but I've been here for a long time, so a big "How do" to all!
                        This is going to be WAY off topic, but I just have to rant a little, so bare with me please: I just finished watching Phantom of the Opera and I have to say it was probably one of the worst musical to movie productions I have ever seen, next to Madonna in Evita. I understand that some things will have to be changed going from the Broadway stage to a moive set, but come on! I don't have anything against the actors, but if you can't sing, don't try. The things that were cut out of the movie made the stage production what it was. I simply can't believe that Andrew Lloyd Webber hasn't learned his lesson with actors who have no business singing such difficult parts, after the Madonna fiasco. And I'm not even going to talk about the acting, the least they could do was look like they're singing. I'm mean, I love Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brighton, I know I'm asking a lot, you know being able to sing and all. I was really wanting to like the movie version, but I was sadly disappointed. The Phantom's makeup didn't even look real.
                        But, on a lighter note, the dance scenes were wonderful. Masquerade was beautiful, even if it was taken a bit too fast. The costumes were elegant and some of the camera shots were amazing. It had so much going for it. I have to say, if you liked the Phantom movie, go buy the Original Broadway Cast CD. You'll be amazed.

Anyway, thanks for entertaining my ranting, especially since it is off topic. I knew the ship family would humor me, so thanks. This is all just in my humble opinion. I don't want to offend anyone who like the movie. Personally, I am glad that it was made, contrary to what you might assume from reading this post. I know that it was appealing to an audience that may not have even heard of Phantom until they had seen the movie, so thus it brought new people into the Broadway musical circle. And for that, I am greatful for the movie.
                        (please no red zingers, I bruise easily )

In regards to Vala, if it is she who will be Highlight to read the returning charcter for the finale I will be so disappointed.
                        WELCOME CO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheena
                          Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for some time now and thought it was about time I signed up and posted something!

I keep seeing the pic below and can't work out which episode the pic in the middle is from - can anyone help??

Can't wait for season 9 to start on Sky one - it seems ages away!!
                          (((((((Sheena))))))))

WELCOME SHEENA!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smea
                            That is exactly what i was thinking when he said that! But now i think about it... with all thats happened between them since them.. [[that scene in threads ]] maybe TPTB didnt want to resolve it then. And plus, when he came back, it might have been difficult..seeing as they were both promoted and the regs would have still applied.

But yeah.. could have been a great moment *sighs*...
                            I think a missed ship opportunity was during "Between two Fires:"

You know that Tollan thingy that makes people walk through walls and anybody else just has to hold the hand of the person wearing the device? Well instead of Jack and Teal'c walking through the wall they shoulda had Jack and Sam do it...I don't think they would have been so eager to release each others' hands then...

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                              Forgive me but I saw this thread about to fall to the 2nd page (gasp) and the anti thread was staying on the top ... so I thought I might say how much I really really enjoyed last Friday's episode!!
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam's "not exactly" comment was just what I was hoping for. I didn't think there would be any deep explaination. I didn't read the spoilers so I was very surprised!!! Also I thought it was great that she mentioned Cassies, yet another character that has vanished.
                              Now if they would just explain where Jack is I would be even happier!!
                              Jack must be helping Sam take care of Cassie...

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                                "sigh" They WERE supposed to kiss. But TPTB thought the season was 'too mushy' already. Darn PTB!

On a totally OT note. I have a very good friend who's aunt lives in New Orleans! She's pretty sure she may have gone further inland with her daughter but... Scarry!

gate_girl12- I'm drooling with ya! RDA is SO...all I can think of is good looking. Brain not quite awake yet.
                                GRRRR!!!!

*eyes glow*

Kel'dor (my Tok'ra symbiote to you now freaked out newbies ): Too MUSHY?!?!?! I do not see how Samantha's relationship with PeterShanahan, who did not respect her in the least, was "mushy."

Comment

Working...
                                X