Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...I don't really check any other threads on GW...but is there an anti-vala thread anywhere??????
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Okay...I don't really check any other threads on GW...but is there an anti-vala thread anywhere??????
      Yeah, there is a End Vala Thread in season 9. It has dropped down to page 9 since Vala is gone. I posted there quite often before she left. There are some Vala fans out there that will red ding you if they don't like what you say about her.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by SueKay
        Galaxy - If SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
        Spoiler:
        Vala comes back as a regular...I WILL.NOT.WATCH.AT.ALL.

I HATE her character...CANNOT STAND her...She is the exact OPPOSITE of what SG1 Stands for

oh god !!! I So agree with you !!!! i'm kinda very worried now.... I hope it wo'nt be the case because that's certain than Stargate will loose a lot of esteme in my little heart !! that would be so wrong !!!

I think I need a few fics to delete this thought of my mind...

Comment

Oh by the way, before I go to the wonderful world of fanfics , I'd just like to say :

Welcome, Sheena!

Welcome, walterIsTheMan!

Congratulations Cathain,on 400 posts !

Congratulations, gate_girl12, on 100 posts!!

isn't my pyramid nice ???

Comment

Gate girl12
            Yeah I heard that as well. Jonah and Thera were supposed to originally be having an affair. Can you just imagine the UST (or would is be RST???) that would accompany that! Damn TPTB. Can you just imagine remembering the feel of eachother's body and knowing tru happiness and then have it ripped from you? Being in a mission briefing and knowing what Jack looks like naked... ***drool*** sorry getting a bit carried away there.
            Oh I can’t imagine how difficult that would be. There is a wonderful fanfic that addresses this issue "Thyself, Unknown" by MissAnnThropic. No I didn't write it we just share the same first name Ann.

Sg-1fanintn
            That’s because we have jobs and have to work during the day!!!
            I start a new job tomorrow in a new city so I will be working during the day too and unable to post.

As far as Cliff’s comments I was upset after reading it and went into a long spill about TPTB not showing the same respect that RDA has shown to SG. I have only heard RDA say positive things about the show and unfortunately we don’t get the same from others. At least acknowledge the role he has played and give him the due respect. Michael Shanks left the show for an entire year not knowing if he would ever come back. There was a huge goodbye scene and how much the other characters missed him. The DVD’s had a special contribute to Daniel Jackson. I think that is great! He was one of the stars for the show. I just want the same respect shown to any of the four orginial stars to get the same respect shown to them. THIS INCLUDES RDA!!!! Okay great if he comes back next year full time, MS came back. So I’m not really agreeing with JM’s excuse that he is still part of the show so we didn’t want to say goodbye. MS came back for several episodes.

Sorry! End of rant.

Comment

SCREW TPTB...they don't care about us anymore...not just shippers...but gaters as a whole...they're wanting the Farscape fans now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                Amen to that. I still have not warmed up to this season. My husband watched the first couple of episodes with me and now calls it the "Daniel Jackson Show". That is saying something because he usually doesn't pay too much attention to the show in general.

I miss Jack, it is not that I don't like Landry I do because I think he is funny in his own way. Then there is Mitchell, well is he supposed to be the leader of SG-1? I could like the character, I just wish he would get over being starstruck with SG-1 and lead it if that is what he is supposed to do.

Mind you, now that Sam is back is she supposed to lead? Oy, I am a bit confused.

Some of you might want to throw things at me for this one but I did kind of get a kick out of Vala because she did just say whatever was on her mind. And she drove Daniel nuts which also craked me up

Chris
                It may not be 'The Daniel Jackson Show' anymore but judging from the summaries of upcoming episodes it is going to become 'The Cameron Mitchell Show'

I liked Vala too. "ducks flying objects" I thought she added humor to the show, with RDA being gone and all. I DON'T like Ben Browder/Mitchell because it seems like he is just trying to copy RDA's sense of humor which NO ONE can duplicate!

Oh, I was reading an article in the Stargate magazine and JM said he was never a fan of Sam and 'Stalker Guy' (my words there). He thought they were clingy and annoying!

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  Oh I can’t imagine how difficult that would be. There is a wonderful fanfic that addresses this issue "Thyself, Unknown" by MissAnnThropic. No I didn't write it we just share the same first name Ann.
                  I *adore* that fic and its sequel "Know Thyself."

As far as Cliff’s comments I was upset after reading it and went into a long spill about TPTB not showing the same respect that RDA has shown to SG. I have only heard RDA say positive things about the show and unfortunately we don’t get the same from others. At least acknowledge the role he has played and give him the due respect. Michael Shanks left the show for an entire year not knowing if he would ever come back. There was a huge goodbye scene and how much the other characters missed him. The DVD’s had a special contribute to Daniel Jackson. I think that is great! He was one of the stars for the show. I just want the same respect shown to any of the four orginial stars to get the same respect shown to them. THIS INCLUDES RDA!!!! Okay great if he comes back next year full time, MS came back. So I’m not really agreeing with JM’s excuse that he is still part of the show so we didn’t want to say goodbye. MS came back for several episodes.

Sorry! End of rant.
                  Oh, don't even get me started about that. It's ticked me off to no end that no one except Amanda has acknowledged what it's like (it feels naked without him). She has been the only person positive about RDA. I don't want to go into another rant about Chris' comments because it just ticks me off. My SG-1 is no more.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    I *adore* that fic and its sequel "Know Thyself."
                    oops I forgot to include the sequel. Thanks for reminding me. I too love that fic!

Oh, don't even get me started about that. It's ticked me off to no end that no one except Amanda has acknowledged what it's like (it feels naked without him). She has been the only person positive about RDA. I don't want to go into another rant about Chris' comments because it just ticks me off. My SG-1 is no more.
                    I know I was glad AT said what she said about RDA too!!

Comment

I know it's wrong and against the rules to speak negatively of the actors...but shame on MS and CJ...Kudos to AT and BB who've both spoken of RDA in the highest esteem.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=gwenhwyfar]
                        I liked Vala too. "ducks flying objects" I thought she added humor to the show, with RDA being gone and all. I DON'T like Ben Browder/Mitchell because it seems like he is just trying to copy RDA's sense of humor which NO ONE can duplicate!

That is what I couldn't put my finger on. I am trying to give the guy a chance because I could not imagine walking onto a show trying to step in where a 'beloved' character was. I think he is still trying to get his legs under him. But I agree his humor is too much like Jack's. Now is that BB or the writer's doing? Just asking.

As for Vala, I did think she was funny. Perhaps a bit over the top at first, then again she too was in a tough spot coming onto the show to alleviate the absence of AT. Again, was it CB or the writer's to blame for that character?

I tried to watch Farscape and to be honest I couldn't quite figure out what the frell was going on with that show. I did like BB and CB from what I saw. I would like to give this show a chance but it is not Stargate anymore, it is a new show IMHO.
                        Chris

Comment

Vala is okay in small doses (PU was GREAT) but six episodes in a row is excessive and frankly, boring...
                          Spoiler:
                          If Vala is in season 10...No more suekay...I'll hand up my alter ego and go back to being Susan
                          sigpic

Comment

I know it's wrong and against the rules to speak negatively of the actors...but shame on MS and CJ...Kudos to AT and BB who've both spoken of RDA in the highest esteem.
                            Couldn't agree more. And on Vala.... I haven't seen season 9 yet but I found Vala really, really irritating in PU
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Possible
                              Spoiler:
                              I really liked Vala in PU, I loved her and Daniel's banter (no substitute for Daniel/Jack, but that's another issue ) but I can see how six episodes of it can be annoying...I haven't seen any of S9 yet though, so I'm reserving judgement till then!

Comment

Vala is okay in small doses (PU was GREAT) but six episodes in a row is excessive and frankly, boring...
                                Spoiler:
                                If Vala is in season 10...No more suekay...I'll hand up my alter ego and go back to being Susan
                                I like Vala to the extent that she could add to the storyline--not be the storyline. After a while I thought
                                Spoiler:
                                gee whiz, can't she and Daniel ever be separated?? It dragged on a bit in my opinion. I also thought that Vala was a little over the top with her sexual comments. It's fine to be comfortable in your own skin and yes, sexual tension is ok--but she was just too open about it to suit my taste. It deviated far too much from the traditional SG-1. For crying out loud, they never even let Jack/Sam kiss when they both knew what was going on in our reality. I'm not even going to mention the Sam/ episode.

All in all, I think things are much better now that AT is back and the show seems closer to the traditional SG-1. Or...as close as it can be without RDA. To me, they can dress it up all the want and hype it all they want, but it will never be the same. Please note that I will continue to watch, but with caution.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X