X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    I haven't seen Ex Deus Machina yet, but i've heard
    Spoiler:
    sam told the luscious agent barrett that she 'wasn't really single'. and the specualtion is she meant she was with jack but of course couldn't really say anything? is this true? well, the line anyway.
    I believe the shippery sqeeing indicates that the above is true.... Haven't personally seen the ep so I can't testify to its accuracy, but I'm fairly sure that's how things happen. Not exactly and out and out relationship, but I can live with this

Comment

[[HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA !!

Last edited by josephine-paris; 28 August 2005, 03:21 AM.

Comment

I haven't seen Ex Deus Machina yet, but i've heard
        Spoiler:
        sam told the luscious agent barrett that she 'wasn't really single'. and the specualtion is she meant she was with jack but of course couldn't really say anything? is this true? well, the line anyway.

I saw the ep twice and I'd be willing to bet my entire Stargate Seasons 1-7 DVD collection that it is true. And that's something I wouldn't part with easily.
        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I can confirm It's real alright.. but i bet Pete 2 will show up soon and she was just talking about him, How's that for misleading

Comment

Well, I'm going to take it very very hopefully!!! And definitely squee if i ever get round to seeing it. What a moment!!! I can almost see the chorus line of dancing penguins getting ready to come on....
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Okay, I saw it and I squeed!!!
              Spoiler:
              the way she said it ..first saying that she was defintiely not speaking about pete, and saying breaking up was best for her and pete....it sounded like sam and jack weren't compleely together just yet, but were moving towards it...close friends but not quite crossed the boundaries yet...but knowing that they will end up with each other. or at least sam knows that jack is the guy for her, and she's almost with him. so hopefully that means we'll still get to see the 'i love you' moment and the first kiss...which is always been the moment i really really want to see.

and i do feel sorry for agent barrett. he's been hopeful and faithful and gorgeous all these years ,and he never gets his girl. of course, he can't ever get sam...but i'd be happy to help him get over his disappointment!

Comment

I have yet to see EDM but
                Spoiler:
                I am very hopeful that it is Jack. 1. Why go through all the trouble of clarifying in Threads that they loved each other, and have them both either get dumped or dump someone else ONLY to have either of them start a relationship with someone else.
                It's illogical.!!!

So thus it is the most natural and logic conclusion that she was referring to Jack!

Comment

There's no doubt it's
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack.Jack and Sam are either already in a relationship or made Plans to be in a relationship.I would be beyond shocked if TPTB bring in anymore Pete's or Kerry's.Whether you like the Sam and Jack Ship or not you have to accept the fact that when RDA is on the Show you may see some Sam and Jack Ship.RDA is not on the Show that much so the Sam and Jack Ship taking over the Show excuse does not Fly anymore.If you do not want to watch the Sam and Jack Ship change the channel.I was not Happy with the Daniel and Vala Show and I decided not to watch one of the episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    There's no doubt it's
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack.Jack and Sam are either already in a relationship or made Plans to be in a relationship.I would be beyond shocked if TPTB bring in anymore Pete's or Kerry's.Whether you like the Sam and Jack Ship or not you have to accept the fact that when RDA is on the Show you may see some Sam and Jack Ship.RDA is not on the Show that much so the Sam and Jack Ship taking over the Show excuse does not Fly anymore.If you do not want to watch the Sam and Jack Ship change the channel.I was not Happy with the Daniel and Vala Show and I decided not to watch one of the episodes.
                    That's basically what i've done..

I confess, I'm immature, juvenile, and pathetically addicted to the Sam & Jack show... and since it ain't that anymore... My interest is fading fast...

But I still love Sam & Jack so very much, I'm still very devoted to the ship, and I'm still plugging away in fanfic... Fixing the Sam & Jack Ship, returning to the heart of the Ship and repairing the damage TIIC did during the final year and a half of their story. For me, It's ALL About Sam & Jack!

And what really bugs me now... EDM
                    Spoiler:
                    This conitnual allusion to the idea that they aren't quite really together, even NOW. It's unreal. It's inhuman. And it's not what two red-blooded passionate people like Sam & Jack would do, Regs or no Regs. Military discipline aside, they've even got Jacob's blessing! And as I've said before (ad nauseum, I'm sure!), it's TV, give 'em Presidential permission, FCOL, and let them get it on! <Sigh> I guess that is what fic is for!
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

Ooo… *first post*

Well, I just want to say how glad I am that I have found this place. I never knew the Stargate fan base was so large, or included as many great people! I’ve been reading posts for a few days now, and its taken me a little while to pluck up the courage and post *blushes*

But anyway… lol.
                      I am praying SO HARD that there is going to be some sort of progression in regard to S/J …even without RDA L
                      In the beginning, TPTB must have had some idea that they wanted the Sam and Jack story to last a while, and be of some interest; otherwise they wouldn’t have started the story. I’m sure the assumed that the fan base would take to the ship (either for or against) and I am SURE that they wouldn’t have started it, if they didn’t mean to end it – one way of the other. I hope that I can believe they would not be that cruel…

OHHH I really hope that what everyone has said about them being together, or planning to be, is true! I don’t know if my heart could stand any more waiting!
                      Sam&Jack
                      ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                      ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                      TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Okay, I saw it and I squeed!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        the way she said it ..first saying that she was defintiely not speaking about pete, and saying breaking up was best for her and pete....it sounded like sam and jack weren't compleely together just yet, but were moving towards it...close friends but not quite crossed the boundaries yet...but knowing that they will end up with each other. or at least sam knows that jack is the guy for her, and she's almost with him. so hopefully that means we'll still get to see the 'i love you' moment and the first kiss...which is always been the moment i really really want to see.

and i do feel sorry for agent barrett. he's been hopeful and faithful and gorgeous all these years ,and he never gets his girl. of course, he can't ever get sam...but i'd be happy to help him get over his disappointment!
                        That's what I was talking about!

EDM & Threads/Moebius
                        Spoiler:
                        Not completely together yet my arse! Come on, you think they went *FISHING* but somehow never crossed their lines, never got all tangled up.... that Sam didn't catch the big one, didn't reel that bad boy in hook line and sinker... that they have come THIS far only to keep holding back? I don't think so. Not in my Shippy World, anyway!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smea
                          Ooo… *first post*

Well, I just want to say how glad I am that I have found this place. I never knew the Stargate fan base was so large, or included as many great people! I’ve been reading posts for a few days now, and its taken me a little while to pluck up the courage and post *blushes*
                          Welcome to the Shipper Family Smea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                            That's what I was talking about!

EDM & Threads/Moebius
                            Spoiler:
                            Not completely together yet my arse! Come on, you think they went *FISHING* but somehow never crossed their lines, never got all tangled up.... that Sam didn't catch the big one, didn't reel that bad boy in hook line and sinker... that they have come THIS far only to keep holding back? I don't think so. Not in my Shippy World, anyway!
                            Yes, but you see, this way, we get to see it. We get to see the actual 'I love you' moment, the second where they cross the line, that first real kiss between them. i want to see that, not hope it happened off screen. For nearly ten years I've been building up to the moment where they finally admit to each other that they love each other, take each other in their arms, and give us one of those amazing, electrical, breath-taking, sensual kisses they do so well. I don't want to imagine it in fanfic, or off screen, i want to see it. and that's what i hope they're building up to. if i don't see that moment, i'd feel cheated.

btw
                            Spoiler:
                            anyone notice kerry was mentioned in deus ex machina too? just quickly, by daniel. bit of an episode for revisiting old, dumped partners, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                              Warning: for some reason, I'm in a bit of a moany mood, so this is a bit of a moany post, I'm sorry!!!!!

I was watching Serpent's Lair today, and it struck me how much they've all changed. It really was a completely different show back then. Although it's not particularly one of my favourite episodes, it shows so much of what attracted me to the show, and so much of the basic storylines that have been running through the series. Daniel & Jack's friendship, the comfortable relationship developing between S&J, the Jaffa struggle for freedom, the beginning of the war with the Goa'uld (in that order I have to admit!!)

This isn't a rant about how it's terrible that Stargate has changed so much, because I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think it's a pity that some of the concepts that the show was (IMHO) based on are gone now, and in some cases got no proper send off, no resolution. Especially D&J and S&J. I mean, when they knew RDA wasn't coming back, it would have been nice to have had a scene or two that said, 'yes, these relationships are still strong, and will continue even though we're not going to see them onscreen.' D&J's relationship seemed to have been forgotten about the last few years, and S&J...well, you know. Do we even know for sure that RDA is coming back for an ep? For all we know
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam's comment in EDM, fantastic as it was to hear,
                              could be the last we ever hear of their relationship! I sincerely doubt it, and I even more sincerely hope not, but the possibility is there... it just seems unfair, to the characters, to the show, to the fans, to leave them the way they did.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what my point is or that I even have one, but these thoughts have been floating around my head for the last couple of hours, and I had to put them down somewhere. I know it's not strictly a shippy post, but this still seemed like the best place to put them!! Sorry for the little rant, sorry for the OT, and thank you very very much if you have actually read it!!!
                              Never apologise for making posts... that's why we have forums, IMO, so everyone can contribute and share what's on their mind
                              I too think the characters and storylines have changed and sometimes I hate the thought of this but then I think, with the show having had this much success, it's inevitable. It was a different show back then, like you say, and I do miss the offworld travel, Jack being in SG-1, the funny, cocky Colonel O'Neill before he became General, the Jack-Daniel friendship which to me has been recognised less and less, the comfortable relationship between Sam and Jack. There is a limit to how many storylines TPTB can produce, especially seeing as though Earth has advanced and learned more, but I do get quite wistful sometimes when I think back to the older days of SG-1. In other words, you're not alone!

Spoiler:
                              But I'm confident that RDA is coming back for "Crusade"... that's why they're being quiet but tantalising concerning "that character", why they're only hinting and not clarifying Sam and Jack... so fans wait and then watch. I doubt EDM is the last we hear of their relationship... why didn't they have Sam say "I'm going out with General O'Neill" instead of "not exactly" if they don't have any further plans for the couple? Because I think, by now, TPTB have learnt their lesson and want to resolute things once and for all; otherwise shippers would flip at another airy, "left-open-for-speculation" ending, and their job is to satisfy fans. Sam is the leading main female character. Her relationships are relevant. And as it's Jack, and TPTB additionally want to continue to include Jack in the Stargate universe, we'll surely be hearing more of the couple towards the end of season 9.

Sure, the possibility that they'll never mention it again is there......but then so is the possibility that at any given time Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Mitchell will get blown up on another planet!

Comment

More EDM (and everything leading up to it!)
                                Spoiler:
                                Totally missed the Kerry ref... Thank God... Although, that being said, I did like Kerry... Far more than anyway!

Spoiler:
                                But, like you, I'd still love to see that moment of open acknowledgment and acceptance, but... It should have happened at the end of Grace... They never should have brought *Other's* in so late in the game. It just plain stunk. Like the rotting carcass of a Tauntaun on a hot day in Tattooine. Whoops, crossing my sci-fi metaphors... Oh well. Can't think of any equivalent in the Stargate Universe!
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X