Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, first of all i just need to comment on amanda tapping this season, from the little bitty clips and few screencaps i've seen of her all i can say is WOW! she looks absolutely stunning. motherhood obviously agrees with her very much.

second, i've read the spoilers and downloaded THE clip, and i'm happy. its vague enough for people who want to stick their fingers in their ears and hum loudly, and its just the type of thing i was hoping for from this season. hopefully they'll keep up this kind of thing every few eps.

third. hi token, i've been lurking for the last few weeks, but i was off line for about five months and then the last month of RL has absolutely sucked for me, and now i need to get ready for going back to college, which means trying to get rid of my severe case of writers block which has lasted the entire summer! and trying to get down to business and start writing some scripts. real life scares me

but its all good, cos i'm a positive (yet strangely cautious) shipper and that helps me deal. i must be the only shipper who was absolutely chuffed with moebius. i loved it.

well thats it from me. nobody hears from me for ages then i just can't shut up. ramble ramble...

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
      Speaking of DVD's....
      2 days ago I found out that the American season box-sets cost about $38!!!!!!!!!

Here they cost about 99 Euros, that is about $122!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I mean, I knew that they are probably cheaper, but not that cheap!

So, who of you american shippers wants to adopt me?
      I have the first four seasons and they SO did not cost $38. They were $50 each! I'd like to know where someone found them for $38.

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Barrett thought he was
        Spoiler:
        soooooo smart working up to it like that. "How've ya been." etc. Ha! I think Sam acted like she knew he was going to ask something by her expression when they were first alone.

The squee heard round the world!!!

BTW, does anyone know what the connection the show "Celebrity Justice" has to RDA? RDAnderson.com says VCR alert for one night next week

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
          Barrett thought he was
          Spoiler:
          soooooo smart working up to it like that. "How've ya been." etc. Ha! I think Sam acted like she knew he was going to ask something by her expression when they were first alone.

The squee heard round the world!!!

BTW, does anyone know what the connection the show "Celebrity Justice" has to RDA? RDAnderson.com says VCR alert for one night next week
          He suied a complex in LA after he fell and tore his knee after dropping his daughter off at dance class. He had to have surgery to fix the damage. It appeared on the show.

Comment

by the by, i heard a crazy rumour that the season 8 region 2 dvds will be released with audio commentaries, can anyone tell me if this is true and if they will be on the box set? because there are certain episodes that i would definitely like to hear commentaries for. and also thats the main reason i buy the dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              I have the first four seasons and they SO did not cost $38. They were $50 each! I'd like to know where someone found them for $38.
              Like I said...I saw them for that price at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...915410-0276732

Only season 7 is more expensive. No idea why! LOL

Comment

What I'm wondering is...
                Spoiler:
                how does Barett know that his name was Pete?
                I'm pretty sure that she didn't mention his name in Resurrection!

LOL I guess I'm just worried that Barett is a stalkers too.
                The whole Pete-thing was really traumatic.

Comment

What I'm wondering is...
                  Spoiler:
                  how does Barett know that his name was Pete?
                  I'm pretty sure that she didn't mention his name in Resurrection!

LOL I guess I'm just worried that Barett is a stalkers too.
                  The whole Pete-thing was really traumatic.
                  I'm sure she said his name at some point Give the poor heartbroken man a break!

Comment

I got seasons 2, 4, 5, and 6 at VMH for 24.99US each plus shipping. They were new, the only problem was shipping was about three weeks.
                    sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                      I'm sure she said his name at some point Give the poor heartbroken man a break!
                      Didn't Barrett meet Pete in the episode when Tec'l is accused of murdering his neighbor's boyfriend?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                        Didn't Barrett meet Pete in the episode when Tec'l is accused of murdering his neighbor's boyfriend?
                        I vaguly remember them together at some point.

Comment

Warning: for some reason, I'm in a bit of a moany mood, so this is a bit of a moany post, I'm sorry!!!!!

I was watching Serpent's Lair today, and it struck me how much they've all changed. It really was a completely different show back then. Although it's not particularly one of my favourite episodes, it shows so much of what attracted me to the show, and so much of the basic storylines that have been running through the series. Daniel & Jack's friendship, the comfortable relationship developing between S&J, the Jaffa struggle for freedom, the beginning of the war with the Goa'uld (in that order I have to admit!!)

This isn't a rant about how it's terrible that Stargate has changed so much, because I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think it's a pity that some of the concepts that the show was (IMHO) based on are gone now, and in some cases got no proper send off, no resolution. Especially D&J and S&J. I mean, when they knew RDA wasn't coming back, it would have been nice to have had a scene or two that said, 'yes, these relationships are still strong, and will continue even though we're not going to see them onscreen.' D&J's relationship seemed to have been forgotten about the last few years, and S&J...well, you know. Do we even know for sure that RDA is coming back for an ep? For all we know
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam's comment in EDM, fantastic as it was to hear,
                          could be the last we ever hear of their relationship! I sincerely doubt it, and I even more sincerely hope not, but the possibility is there... it just seems unfair, to the characters, to the show, to the fans, to leave them the way they did.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what my point is or that I even have one, but these thoughts have been floating around my head for the last couple of hours, and I had to put them down somewhere. I know it's not strictly a shippy post, but this still seemed like the best place to put them!! Sorry for the little rant, sorry for the OT, and thank you very very much if you have actually read it!!!

Comment

Ok, I feel dumb for not seeing that! Thanks. Now if only I could order off amazon.com. Or anywhere online. "sigh"

Spoiler:
                            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Okay ladies! Two new S/J fluffy romance fics up! Both short little things but still S/J!

Not Just A Woman
                              http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/notjust.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554586/1/

In My Dreams
                              http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/inmy.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554587/1/

Comment

On a more positive note than my last post I just thought I'd share this before I went to bed - it's one of my first attempts at using a new program on my computer. This is my sig on SG Intel, but this is the bigger version!

Night night shippers!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X