This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Shel - Cheltenham is dear because of the race course...Now I'm all for room service, spas and gourmet food, but my bank account isn't!!!

Spoiler:
    SQUEE!!!!!!!!! Don S Davis wouldn't lie!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, my bank account would have a problem with it too....ah well

Comment

Ooooo, remind me to add Don S. Davis to my christmas card list..the big ol' softy.

K guys the new site is up and running. So PLEASE come and pay me a visit and don't forget to sign my guest book.

The link is below (http://members.optusnet.com.au/clevelan/Destinys labyrinth)

Cheers.

Comment

Isnt Don S Davis just a darlin! It makes me go all glowy and warm inside thinking RDA will be back at the end off the season. Im crossing all my fingers and toes that this is gonna all work out and we'll gate our well deserved S&J shippy scene

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
          I tried posting my thoughts on that Heroes Hug yesterday, but GateWorld was hungry again...

I absolutely ADORE that *GIF, by the way!!!!!! THANX TOKEN!!!!

Yes, it's incredibly sensual, and terribly shippy... but I think it merits an even closer scrutiny... especially after I got lost for... um... well, I don't wanna admit how long I got lost staring at the
          S-----------L---------------O----------W animation.............

But it was plenty long enough to remember just how *Bittersweet* that moment was for them, for us, and for the Ship. In my admittedly (okay, occasionally might be more accurate ;D ) humble opinion, it's *the* angstiest moment in all of ShipHistory.

Yes, Angstier than Point of View.

Yes, Angstier than Entity.

Yes, Angstier, even, than A$$inity.

Because this happened after you know who came onto the scene.

Side Note: In double-checking the timeline ‘cos I only just got up folks, I had another little “dawning moment” as I reviewed the ep titles for the end of season seven.

Just look at them, and think about *they* what they did to the ship.

Grace. Fallout. Chimera. Death Knell. Heroes 1, Heroes 2, Resurrection, Inauguration, The Lost City.

I’d do the in depth analysis here, but I’ve digressed enough. So save for another post, or have fun dissecting it yourselves…

Back to the subject at hand, the single most Angsty scene in the Ship. This is a moment that is Pure Sam & Jack. As soon as the words “When you were laying there…” escape Sam’s lips, there’s a shift in the scene. This was no subtle transition either. First Sam, choking on the very words, because there are so many personal feelings involved; you see it in her eyes, as she glances away, then back to Jack. Suddenly the Major is gone, and it’s just Sam, her heart laying bare for Jack and the world to see. There was the shift from Jack. First you see it in his eyes, then it sort of seeps down through his entire body. Gone is the battle worn Colonel, and all we see is Jack, hurting and needing just as much comfort as Sam so desperately needs but doesn’t quite know how to ask for. There is even a shift in the music (*Cue Shipper Theme Folks!!!) and even a slight shift of the camera angles for the rest of the scene.

Remember folks, I live, eat, breath, study, and work in theatre. It’s my job as much as my way of life to analyze these kinds of things. Again, this wasn’t a subtle shift; it wasn’t a big jarring unnatural shift, either. It was a very natural, very human, very poignant moment that was all about Sam & Jack, and nothing else.

[/HyperAnalysis]

I’m gonna sign off with another peak at that incredible moment… And Thanks again, Token, for creating and sharing this!! ((((((Token))))))))

And remember, folks: Sam & Jack ARE Together. And That’s That.
          FAB post BrenRen!! The hug in Heroes shares the top shippy spot along with the observation room scene in Threads for me

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Good morning and good afternoon everyone! Sorry been busy at work and missed all the fun last night. When I went to the convention, I spoke to Don Davis and told him to let RDA that the most of the fans understood his reason for leaving and we will miss him. Don said "He would relay the message to Rick but RDA will be back at the end of the season". Now anyone who has met Don knows he loves to talk and he does not make up stories. He just tells it the way it is! That is how we knew he would also be back in two episodes before GW reveiled it. He said that Jack would be his boss now!
            wow that is amazing news. Sam must be preparing to welcome him to the new SG1 and then both of them can announce that they are and have been together for a year.

pic fr Mala

Comment

Top spot? For me... that would be.... the moment in D&C, during the flashbacks, when they flash back and forth between Sam & Jack, and they both suddenly just *know* why Jack won't, can't, leave Sam.

(And I'm still in the "He mouthed out "I Love You" in that scene Camp, folks! It's soft and subtle, and ya gotta want to see it, but if you do, IT'S THERE!!!!!!)

That is absolutely Hand Down my favorite Shippy moment of ALL TIME.

Fave Ep is still Point Of View, based on the simple fact that I just cannot watch that ep too many times. I've tried.

Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Yup...D&C is one of the BEST moments of ANY ship EVER!

The looks in their eyes say it all...here's the version of Shipaholic's sig I made without the writing.

sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yup...D&C is one of the BEST moments of ANY ship EVER!

The looks in their eyes say it all...here's the version of Shipaholic's sig I made without the writing.

I totally agree with you SueKay, D&C is really one THE BEST episode for the ship.

THey don't have to talk because they both know their feelings.

Comment

D&C is totally the best ep for the ship.
                    Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                    LOVE HIM-> DT
                    ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

You're welcome, BrenRen!!! It was definitely my pleasure creating that GIF! I don't have a MPEG editor so I capped all the frames from that scene then Paint Shop-ed them. It was over 200 frames!! But well worth it!! Thank you for your analysis!! Spot on!!

Top spot? For me... that would be.... the moment in D&C, during the flashbacks, when they flash back and forth between Sam & Jack, and they both suddenly just *know* why Jack won't, can't, leave Sam.

(And I'm still in the "He mouthed out "I Love You" in that scene Camp, folks! It's soft and subtle, and ya gotta want to see it, but if you do, IT'S THERE!!!!!!)

That is absolutely Hand Down my favorite Shippy moment of ALL TIME.

Fave Ep is still Point Of View, based on the simple fact that I just cannot watch that ep too many times. I've tried.

I didn't know this until someone brought it up a few months ago. I went back and capped that scene too. I am now a FIRM believer that he mouthed "I love you"!! This one is for you and all other Shippers/Thunkers.

Token ~

Comment

Token, You so TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY ROCK!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE AWESOME ANIMS!!!!!!!

I know how painstaking that can be... but its a labor of love, isn't it!!

ETA: What I'd give to suck on that bottom lip!!!
                        THUNK!!!!!!!!!!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

I signed up for your other forum ages ago, and never got my activiation thingy...But I'm going to pop over and check it out.

Hope you're not going to abandon us 'little people'

It's gonna be hard, I can taste the power already

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            You're welcome, BrenRen!!! It was definitely my pleasure creating that GIF! I don't have a MPEG editor so I capped all the frames from that scene then Paint Shop-ed them. It was over 200 frames!! But well worth it!! Thank you for your analysis!! Spot on!!

I didn't know this until someone brought it up a few months ago. I went back and capped that scene too. I am now a FIRM believer that he mouthed "I love you"!! This one is for you and all other Shippers/Thunkers.

wow that is amazing 200 frames ....

Comment

I tried posting my thoughts on that Heroes Hug yesterday, but GateWorld was hungry again...

I absolutely ADORE that *GIF, by the way!!!!!! THANX TOKEN!!!!

Yes, it's incredibly sensual, and terribly shippy... but I think it merits an even closer scrutiny... especially after I got lost for... um... well, I don't wanna admit how long I got lost staring at the
                              S-----------L---------------O----------W animation.............

But it was plenty long enough to remember just how *Bittersweet* that moment was for them, for us, and for the Ship. In my admittedly (okay, occasionally might be more accurate ;D ) humble opinion, it's *the* angstiest moment in all of ShipHistory.

Yes, Angstier than Point of View.

Yes, Angstier than Entity.

Yes, Angstier, even, than A$$inity.

Because this happened after you know who came onto the scene.

Side Note: In double-checking the timeline ‘cos I only just got up folks, I had another little “dawning moment” as I reviewed the ep titles for the end of season seven.

Just look at them, and think about *they* what they did to the ship.

Grace. Fallout. Chimera. Death Knell. Heroes 1, Heroes 2, Resurrection, Inauguration, The Lost City.

I’d do the in depth analysis here, but I’ve digressed enough. So save for another post, or have fun dissecting it yourselves…

Back to the subject at hand, the single most Angsty scene in the Ship. This is a moment that is Pure Sam & Jack. As soon as the words “When you were laying there…” escape Sam’s lips, there’s a shift in the scene. This was no subtle transition either. First Sam, choking on the very words, because there are so many personal feelings involved; you see it in her eyes, as she glances away, then back to Jack. Suddenly the Major is gone, and it’s just Sam, her heart laying bare for Jack and the world to see. There was the shift from Jack. First you see it in his eyes, then it sort of seeps down through his entire body. Gone is the battle worn Colonel, and all we see is Jack, hurting and needing just as much comfort as Sam so desperately needs but doesn’t quite know how to ask for. There is even a shift in the music (*Cue Shipper Theme Folks!!!) and even a slight shift of the camera angles for the rest of the scene.

Remember folks, I live, eat, breath, study, and work in theatre. It’s my job as much as my way of life to analyze these kinds of things. Again, this wasn’t a subtle shift; it wasn’t a big jarring unnatural shift, either. It was a very natural, very human, very poignant moment that was all about Sam & Jack, and nothing else.

[/HyperAnalysis]

I’m gonna sign off with another peak at that incredible moment… And Thanks again, Token, for creating and sharing this!! ((((((Token))))))))

And remember, folks: Sam & Jack ARE Together. And That’s That.
                              Aaaaww...BrenRen, you said that so beautifully, that it almost made me cry. *sob*
                              I so want to give you green for that, but I can't!!!

Comment

Hey guys keep shipping!
                                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                                LOVE HIM-> DT
                                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Working...
                                X