X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    WELCOME *gets tongue-tied trying to pronounce weird Welsh-like name*

WELCOME NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!....
    Thanks for the welcome, and I just noticed that is spelled wrong. Anyway, it is Welsh. It's the Welsh spelling of Guinevere. I'm a big The Mists of Avalon fan.The book, not the soap opera that was the movie.

I too hope there is some ship in the finale. They did say RDA might be back for three episodes. He's only been in two.

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Congratulations Bren Ren on your fic award!!

Citizen Joe is on at the moment.... best clip show ever!! Not least for it's shippy moments!!

Comment

I like the second one better...now that I've seen them

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
          Hi guys,
          Thanks to Oma, Marion and Scjon for Pming me and for Irishchick also, all for volunteering to read my fic. Is on it's way.

Will be out of comission for a few days guys as I have a pinched nerve which turns out to be sciatica in my back. (And I'm only 20 year old!).
          No problem, I will finish and come back to you as soon as possible but it's not easy with work and all the extra stuff...anyway I have started it and took notes

Sorry to hear about your sciatica good luck and I hope you'll be back soon !! (((((((((((((((((((((((((gate_girl12)))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

QUOTE=Silver]Robert Cooper did write Lost City with Brad Wright... and just looking now, he's given us the Heroes hug, the scenes in Chimera (which shows that he at least acknowledges that the Sam/Jack depth is there), the angst in Paradise Lost and Redemption part 2, and best of all... THREADS! [/QUOTE]

I can't recall any ship in "Redemption, Part 2." I must have been too busy smacking McKay every time he spoke. Oh wait, near the end with O'Neill and the gate and the X-302... Got it.

What do I think about R.C. and his S/J ship potential?

R.C. episodes with shippy stuff:
            Season 6
            "Redemption"
            "Paradise Lost"
            Season 7
            "Chimera"
            "Heroes"
            "Lost City" with Brad Wright
            Season 8
            "Threads"

All of these are from the later seasons. This could mean R.C. has jumped aboard the S/J ship. Plus for R.C..

The shippier of the episodes were written in collaboration with shippy writers. This probably means the other guys wrote the shippy stuff. Negative for R.C..

Sam is seriously upset in “Redemption” and more than she’s been over other people in life-threatening situations. Plus for R.C..

The only shippy scene in "Chimera" is the elevator scene and RDA ad-libbed the ship in that. Negative for R.C..

The "Heroes" hug was as shipless as the "Fire and Water" hug. In both situations Sam is distraught and near hysteria over a close friend's death or possible death. Same goes for the hug she gets from Teal'c in "Paradise Lost," especially when her emotional outbreak does not occur until she mentions Daniel being gone too. Negative for R.C..

In “Lost City” all of the ship, if it can be called that, is one-sided because Jack is “under the influence.” Negative for R.C..

In “Threads” all of the ship is unrequited (and completely deniable). Sam is doing this emotional, obviously hormonal, chick-thing and poor Jack is standing there wondering what the heck is going on. Then in the infirmary Sam is, again, distraught about a situation involving someone else. Negative for R.C..

Conclusion:
            Factor in that R.C. is the sole writer of "Crusade" and he will be directing it. He has 100% control of its outcome. Sounds like this boy is on a mission. The ship-potential for "Crusade" is less than zero. I love what R.C. writes, but I do not expect ship from him. I will be very happy if R.C. proves me wrong.

Comment

BREN REN CONGRATS !!!!!!!

just a little remark...I read some of your fics this morning on fanfic.net and I loved them but I wasn't able to review cause it's only for members... you should authorize everybody to review...just a thought but great job !!!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                The "Heroes" hug was as shipless as the "Fire and Water" hug. In both situations Sam is distraught and near hysteria over a close friend's death or possible death. Same goes for the hug she gets from Teal'c in "Paradise Lost," especially when her emotional outbreak does not occur until she mentions Daniel being gone too. Negative for R.C..
                oh boy.......my little shipper heart is braken !!...breathe in breath out breathe in breath out.....

I love this moment !! it's one of my favorite...It's so ship for me...she was so afraid of loosing him, she admits that she couldn't bear his loss and come on it's far from hysteria for me, she's letting go of all the pain and fear and there is so much in their eyes and once again the unspoken words...for me it's shipFULL and not shipLESS...and when he rocks her...and when he "kisses" her neck everyone can dream !!

definitely love this moment !!! and I would be pleased to see such a lovely scene again...with a LOT LESS angst !!

Comment

The "Heroes" hug was as shipless as the "Fire and Water" hug. In both situations Sam is distraught and near hysteria over a close friend's death or possible death.
                  Have to disagree here. I thought the heroes hug-scene was VERY shippy.
                  This hug is much shippier than the Fire and Water hug.
                  I don't think Sam is hysteric in this scene, she is actually very calm. And she also doesn't come to mourn over Janet....she comes to tell him how glad she is that he is okay...and we all know how she means that...
                  Plus, he says his shipper-world famous: "C'mere"!
                  That's like an alarm signal for "Attention! This is a shippy moment".
                  And of course the looks....it's all in their looks you know?

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                    oh boy.......my little shipper heart is braken !!...breathe in breath out breathe in breath out.....

I love this moment !! it's one of my favorite...It's so ship for me...she was so afraid of loosing him, she admits that she couldn't bear his loss and come on it's far from hysteria for me, she's letting go of all the pain and fear and there is so much in their eyes and once again the unspoken words...for me it's shipFULL and not shipLESS...and when he rocks her...and when he "kisses" her neck everyone can dream !!

definitely love this moment !!! and I would be pleased to see such a lovely scene again...with a LOT LESS angst !!

I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                      Have to disagree here. I thought the heroes hug-scene was VERY shippy.
                      This hug is much shippier than the Fire and Water hug.
                      I don't think Sam is hysteric in this scene, she is actually very calm. And she also doesn't come to mourn over Janet....she comes to tell him how glad she is that he is okay...and we all know how she means that...
                      I agree too it's better said

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                        talking about that "c'mere" thing...I have sometimes thought..."oh come on...can't you dsy something else !!"

I think I'm kinda upset with him..I so would like him to say something else...maybe more profound or don't know, just change the line...I'm not saying it's not cool of course but could be different...maybe it's just the way you (American) act, just an idiom or something but I think it's lame when you hear that EACH and everytime... ...don't get me wrong if he could say it more, I wouldn't mind ...but well, in a certain way it bothers me...don't you guys "care" about that?

Comment

Ok, I just posted this over at the Sam's a Great Character Thread.....so if you've already read it, please forgive me. But here's the latest from TPTB. This has just been posted on Gateworld at: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...1ispenul.shtml

Here's an excerpt ( one part with spoilers, just to be on the safe side )

Cooper to direct SG-1's penultimate episode
                          WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 24, 2005

Stargate SG-1 executive producer Robert C. Cooper will step behind the camera for the penultimate episode of the series' ninth season. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi reports on his blog that Cooper will write, produce, and direct "Crusade."

The episode will see the
                          Spoiler:
                          return of a character whose identity has yet to be revealed. Mallozzi also promised that the character's return will bring a major revelation.
                          What do you think this is all about? Something big? Or is this much ado about nothing? Is Joe just blowing air up our BDUs? I'll be back after work to join the discussion!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                            talking about that "c'mere" thing...I have sometimes thought..."oh come on...can't you dsy something else !!"

I think I'm kinda upset with him..I so would like him to say something else...maybe more profound or don't know, just change the line...I'm not saying it's not cool of course but could be different...maybe it's just the way you (American) act, just an idiom or something but I think it's lame when you hear that EACH and everytime... ...don't get me wrong if he could say it more, I wouldn't mind ...but well, in a certain way it bothers me...don't you guys "care" about that?
                            But to look on the good side, you know when Jack says "C'mere" you're not gonna get any old hug, but the biggest, shippiest, kiss Sam's neck, hold on for the ride kinda hug. Or the Threads one. Either way .... WOOOOHOOOOOOO!

But yeah, it'd nice to get a big honkin' kiss or an "I love you" for a change
                            sigpic

Comment

Aloha!!

Well...RL whisked me away, but I'm back!!!

RCC isn't a big shipper...I think he likes to toy with it, but he's probably more a non-shipper than anything else...

Now...Joe and Brad are a different story...They're both shippers...IMHO

Anywho...I've lost count of which layout you folks prefer, so please...someone update me!

Shipaholic - I'm working on your sig
                              Somnium, Lonely Star - you have to tell me what you want!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

In “Lost City” all of the ship, if it can be called that, is one-sided because Jack is “under the influence.” Negative for R.C..
                                NOOOO!!! UhSir, what are you doing with our favourite ship-scenes.
                                You sound almost like an anti-shipper. LOL

Jack's ability to speak properly was influenced and he gained some ancient abilities, but it didn't chance or influence his feelings!!!

In “Threads” all of the ship is unrequited (and completely deniable). Sam is doing this emotional, obviously hormonal, chick-thing and poor Jack is standing there wondering what the heck is going on. Then in the infirmary Sam is, again, distraught about a situation involving someone else. Negative for R.C..
                                Oh no...UhSir, you need some shipper-cookies!!!
                                I can't even begin to tell you why that interpretation of this episode is so wrong for me....LOL
                                Maybe someone else, who is fluent in English can explain that....

I'll give you a bif fat shipper hug, uhSir, you poor lost soul...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((UHSIR))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

Comment

Working...
                                X