Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary AT said the same thing that Jack let Sam go.We Shippers must be watching a different Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
      I think this is a scene in s7s Lost City. Somebody correct me if Im wrong.
      Lost City? I don't remember that. I guess that means I'll have to rewatch the episode tonight. Thanks!

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
        I think Jacob liked it when Jack called him Dad.I really wanted
        Spoiler:
        Jacob to be around when Sam and Jack got together.Anyone else surprised SG-1 ratings were down this week with Sam's return? I was hoping the Ratings would be up.I wanted Sam return to blow away the Ratings for the first couple of episode since they were Daniel and Vala Heavy.
        I don't really think it had anything to do with Sam, to be honest. More to do with the entire . . . change . . . in the entire season. Lots of casual viewers probably gave it four or five eps and then checked out for good. And if they gave up, they probably wouldn't know, or wouldn't care, that Sam was returning.

The fact of the matter is, RDA probably brought a majority of the casual viewers, and without him, it's just not the show it was in their view. I have several coworkers who have told me as much, who don't know how . . . active . . . I am online. <g>
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
          I have a question I hope someone can answer. Several of the music videos showed a clip of Sam and Jack on a Goa'uld ship. They were standing in front of a power source or something, facing each other and it looked like Sam had a Zat in her hand. What episode is that from?
          Yep, definitely Lost City, part 2. Jack is
          Spoiler:
          gradually losing his mind as the Ancient download takes it over. He and Sam are discussing what she came to his house to tell him earlier in the episode (that she loves him!!!!), and didn't get to finish because Daniel and Teal'c showed up. But he knew what she was trying to say, and you get the feeling there's an understanding between them. If only we could have had the kiss there, it would have been perfect, and would have been history even sooner!

Originally posted by Token
          But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings were up because Vala was the greatest then "Beachhead" ratings would have been the same or more. Vala didn't "exit" the episode until the end. It's not a Vala thing unless people are tired of watching the "Vala show" not knowing that she would be leaving this ep and decided not to watch the "sexed-up" Stargate. Real ship brings in the ratings not sex. JMHO.
          Then......you're saying they gained Farscape viewers, but lost SG-1 viewers, so the gains cancelled out the losses? Interesting theory. The new blood certainly hasn't pumped up the ratings. But maybe more traditional SG-1 viewers will be back this week, now that word has spread that Sam has returned!

Comment

Token I think a Big issue is TPTB have not given us that many High quality episodes to start the Season.The Season picks up in the Second half.IMO Season 7 and 8 are a great example.There seems to be a lot of Duds in the early part of the Seasons.TPTB have waited until the last episode of the break to give us something Big.If the Ratings are still down for the Four Horseman TPTB could have a real problem.I think there is no automatic the Ratings will go up in the second half especially since
            Spoiler:
            RDA is not in the episodes.If we find out ahead of Time RDA will be in the Season Finale it could build momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Mary AT said the same thing that Jack let Sam go.We Shippers must be watching a different Show.
              Yeah, I know. But, for me personally, AT's already lost her mind and credibility (from the moment she started whining for a boyfriend), so it was no surprise.

Maybe these people forgot to read the script?? <g>
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                I'll throw in a vote for purple.

Thanks for the " hi "'s guys!! BTW, thrown in a purple for me, too!!
                Back to RL.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                  Yeah, I know. But, for me personally, AT's already lost her mind and credibility (from the moment she started whining for a boyfriend), so it was no surprise.

Maybe these people forgot to read the script?? <g>
                  Gee, Mary, I see Sam's personal issues so differently! Many professional women reach a certain age and pause to wonder if the path they've chosen is the right one. I did. I was working in a major market at age 24, at the number 1 station in that city. By 27, I was wondering if it was enough. I re-examined my life and decided I could live with a little less professionally if it meant gaining a little more personally. So, I dropped back to a large market, came home and met my husband a few months later. Granted, I could have waited a couple more years before I started to question my choices. But Sam really couldn't. She was in her mid-thirties when she started wondering. I guess I identified with her issues (although I hadn't been waiting for years to have a relationship with my older commanding officer!!!!!), even though our specific situations are different.

I was just always haunted by the feeling that I might wake up some day and decide that what I had chosen wasn't really what I wanted. So, I tried to find a way to have it all. A less demanding, but still fulfilling professional life allowed me to have the personal life I wanted.

Ok, I'm really in danger of going on WAY too long at this point, if I haven't already. I just wanted to say that Sam never lost credibility with me. I thought it took courage to confront her issues head-on, even if it meant taking a wrong turn with along the way!
                  Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 23 August 2005, 04:55 PM.

Comment

He also talks as if that's really, truly Jack, not just her hallucination of him. It's like he just wasn't paying attention! Jack most certainly did *not* let her go - he did nothing of the sort! Idiot!
                    Yes, you are right! In his mind, that scene was supposed to put the kibosh on the Sam/Jack relationship. Then in the shows following Sam is still angsting for Jack. Huh!

Oooo, now I'm really mad at him! I don't get it. He did other shows, like "The Light." Sure, not a super-shippy show but it had it's moments. Why did he change so drastically for "Grace" because of this so-called internet poll? What is that nonsense! Has Stargate become a fast-food restaurant? It's starting to feel like that, I swear. Well then, when are they going to take our order? "May I take your order?" Okay sure, I'll have a little ship please. "Would you like resolution with that?" Oh yeah, and super-size it!

Comment

<g>
                      Uh, I've been out of touch for a while, but I'm needing clarification....When you say "AT" you mean Sam, right? I'm not being critical, I've just missed so much of the last, oh, I don't know...3000 posts... I was kind of worried that maybe AT had lost credibility by saying something untruthful in some sort of interview... But AT represents the blonde, slightly ditzy, but smart actress who in interviews, sometimes gives us great insight into SC.

To me, SC has always been my hero, admittedly, with some personal vulnerabilities (i.e.relationships). Maybe 'whining' was a bit strong, since her predicament (job vs. life&family) is a common one. SC's behavior with regard to a 'boyfriend' and what we believe to be a bad choice does hint at a decline in her credibility...to herself.

Comment

It looks like I made the right call in not buying the Season 7 and 8 DVD'S.It's been bad enough waiting for the Ship to be resolved and it's been made worse by some of the interviews and comments from TPTB or Actors.It's been one positive Ship interview followed by 10 negative.I have to say of all TPTB or Actors JM has never wavered in his support for the Sam and Jack Ship.At least with JM you get one Ship answer and JM does not change his answer with every interview.JM has always said he wanted Sam and Jack to get together and JM was not shy in knocking the Sam Pete Ship.Give me one Honest answer regarding Ship either way and I can accept it.

Comment

I bought the season 7 DVD's because I love the audio commentaries (you can usually hear some good stuff on those commentaries) and I was looking forward to getting some perspective from the directors about such episodes as Chimera and Grace but was severely disapointed. Mostly when it came to Grace. The Grace commentary was all about technical stuff and not at all about the actual episode. Still, I'll probably end up buying the season 8 DVD's in the hope of getting some actual behind the scenes content.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Gee, Mary, I see Sam's personal issues so differently! Many high-achieving professional women reach a certain age and pause to wonder if the path they've chosen is the right one. I did. I was working in a major market at age 24, at the number 1 station in that city. By 27, I was wondering if it was enough. I re-examined my life and decided I could live with a little less professionally if it meant gaining a little more personally. So, I dropped back to a large market, came home and met my husband a few months later. Granted, I could have waited a couple more years before I started to question my choices. But Sam really couldn't. She was in her mid-thirties when she started wondering. I guess I identified with her issues (although I hadn't been waiting for years to have a relationship with my older commanding officer!!!!!), even though our specific situations are different.

I was just always haunted by the feeling that I might wake up some day and decide that what I had chosen wasn't really what I wanted. So, I tried to find a way to have it all. A less demanding, but still fulfilling professional life allowed me to have the personal life I wanted.

Ok, I'm really in danger of going on WAY too long at this point, if I haven't already. I just wanted to say that Sam never lost credibility with me. I thought it took courage to confront her issues head-on, even if it meant taking a wrong turn with along the way!

Maybe she meant it was AT who wanted her character(Sam) to have a (non-Jack)boyfriend and also one that didn't die, which I think AT said in so many words (although that Black Widow Curse is a crock of youknowwhat. Simply not true). I wouldn't exactly call it whining on AT's part but she did grab the opportunity ASAP. Of course, by definition Sam was also thinking the same thing.

Your story is interesting and I'm glad things turned out well for you.
                            Fascinating subject--career vs. personal life.

Comment

Hey guys,
                              Worked my butt off into the wee hours of the morning and got my new site up and running. It isn't much, but I plan on adding to it where I can. Will post more fanfics when I retrieve them from my ancient laptop. Heres the link:
                              http://members.optusnet.com.au/cleve...inys labyrinth

I'm liking the new sig UhSir. Good job sueKay!!
                              Last edited by gate_girl12; 22 August 2005, 11:18 PM. Reason: Whoops!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                                Lost City? I don't remember that. I guess that means I'll have to rewatch the episode tonight. Thanks!
                                well maybe it's clearer with a little pic

Comment

Working...
                                X