This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    To the new shippers who mentioned not liking the way Jack treated Sam at the end of "100 Days":

Don't worry about it. Jack was glad to see all three of his team members. He didn't know at this point how hard Sam had worked to uncover the gate. I'm sure he found out later.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first episode in which we have any indication that either Sam or Jack cares more for the other than they should. It's season 3, and the first indication comes from her. It's from this point going forward that we start to see signs that Sam and Jack have reciprocal feelings for each other.

One of the things I liked about Stargate at first was that the character of Sam stood on her own, without being "attached" to one of the men. That's very rarely done in TV, and established her as the strong character that she is. The fact that a desire for a romantic relationship began to grow between them over time is an indication that it's the real thing. And despite their miserable attempts to ignore it so they could continue to work together, that desire to be together has only grown stronger over time.
    100 Days was a very emotional ep for me. The way Jack survives his situation by letting go of home and all he left behind. By trying to make a new lifr for himself despite the deep desires to hang on to what he left behind shows great strength. And then we had Sam's need to hang on to him. To not let him go, to not give up. I think Sam was hurt by him, I'm not sure she even knew why at the time but she was. I definately don't think Jack had a clue.

Comment

I agree. At that point, he had no clue how Sam felt.

Comment

Yeah...that's how I justify Jack's treatment of Sam...he was probably a bit overwhelmed to be going home, and Laira was probably the only thing on his mind...after all...she could have been pregnant...
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The (P) word *covers ears* lalalalalalalala

Do agree with ya that Jack was overwhelmed going home. I think he was too caught up at the moment to think! Also know that I think of it was good of hime to ask Laira to come home with him. I think it showed he just wouldn't leave after 'sleeping' with somebody.

Btw Caty loved your new Vid.
          ((((((((Caty))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
            The (P) word *covers ears* lalalalalalalala

Do agree with ya that Jack was overwhelmed going home. I think he was too caught up at the moment to think! Also know that I think of it was good of hime to ask Laira to come home with him. I think it showed he just wouldn't leave after 'sleeping' with somebody.

Btw Caty loved your new Vid.
            ((((((((Caty))))))))

Yeah, if he just went charging around the universe sleeping with women and ditching them... That would so ruin the admiration thing.

Comment

phew!!
              i freaked out a little then cos i couldn't find the ship thread in general discussion...
              it seems i'm a little behind the times...
              but hey, a new sub-forum....cool!
              sigpic
              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

btw hi i'm back
                sigpic
                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

This is a bit off-topic as it's not directly involving S/J but seeing as the discussion earlier was about Jacob being a shipper I thought I'd post this here. It was originally going to be my new sig but I've decided to postpone it awhile seeing as it has season 8 spoilers in it.

Hero
                  Warning: The photo has spoilers for Threads and Reckoning II

Spoiler:

Jacob is/was one of my absolute favorite guest characters. I have to believe that something good came from his death. My only ray of hope is knowing that Sam and Jack are together in season 9 due to a loving father's dying words.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    This is a bit off-topic as it's not directly involving S/J but seeing as the discussion earlier was about Jacob being a shipper I thought I'd post this here. It was originally going to be my new sig but I've decided to postpone it awhile seeing as it has season 8 spoilers in it.

Hero
                    Warning: The photo has spoilers for Threads and Reckoning II

Spoiler:

Jacob is/was one of my absolute favorite guest characters. I have to believe that something good came from his death. My only ray of hope is knowing that Sam and Jack are together in season 9 due to a loving father's dying words.

Kat
                    Uber that is wonderfull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put it in your signature !!! Same here what you said !!!!! Nice !!!!
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Well said. And I love the new hero pic. It's very sweet and is a great tribute to Jacob.
                      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Daniel: Oh! You see?
                      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

(((((((( Caty ))))))))))

Thank you so much for that very shippy vid. Sam and Jack looked so perfect together as we all know. The words fitted the very emotions that Sam is for Jack. And Jack wanting his "girl". I have watched the it sooo many times and am still go weepy. I am such a romantic shipper for Sam and Jack.

Comment

It's very sweet and beautiful, great tribute and hope to all shippers...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Kat - I really like the sig. Jacob really is an unsung hero here on GW. It's fitting he have some sort of tribute. I'm gonna really miss him - and Jack calling him Dad

Yay! New vid from Caty .... off to check it out
                            sigpic

Comment

My favourite moment, there are a few but the best was in the episode 'divide and conquer' when they were both accused of being za'tarks. The second time jack was in the chair and he uttered the immortal line " i care about her alot more than i'm supposed to!"
                              Last edited by fan of jack; 12 April 2005, 12:42 PM.
                              SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

can't help but look at CAty's vid ove and over again. It is sooo Sam and Jack as they shouls "always" be.

Comment

Working...
                                X