Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting discussion of "100 days" which ep I must admit probably got me hooked on SG, before I knew anything about the characters. But as I got to know the team and became a shipper I hated that ending.

BTW, re: Jacob being a shipper, I was surprised what he said to Sam. Were any of you?

Question: What's the site that names the nominations for the fic awards?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Interesting discussion of "100 days" which ep I must admit probably got me hooked on SG, before I knew anything about the characters. But as I got to know the team and became a shipper I hated that ending.
      As a shipper I liked 100 days because of the look in Sam's eyes at the end of the episode. She was clearly bothered by Laira in his arms...despite her telling Janet that she didn't have a problem...

BTW, re: Jacob being a shipper, I was surprised what he said to Sam. Were any of you?
      I don't think I really was. He wanted to make sure that his daughter found happiness and I think knew for quite a while how she really felt...even though she didn't admit it to herself.
      Spoiler:
      Just look at the way he egged her on in Threads...about meeting the florist...The look was priceless!

Question: What's the site that names the nominations for the fic awards?
      I sure don't know. I'm new to writing (have gotten great reviews) but don't know near enough about the whole Fanfic thing. I hope someday I'll write something that'll be nominated though...but I guess I better finish the last of the trilogy before I get ahead of myself...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Uber you write very good shippy stories....is it ready now

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          Uber you write very good shippy stories....is it ready now
          (((((((((gatebee)))))))))

No...I'm afraid this one's going to take awhile...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey everyone, now that were aren't in general discussion have the rules for discussion changed at all? A link or quick explanation would be appreciated!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              (((((((((gatebee)))))))))

No...I'm afraid this one's going to take awhile...
              oh dear....how long is the wait going to be....shippy Sam and Jack fanfic fix needs badly during hiatus...gasp
              Thanks Uber

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                oh dear....how long is the wait going to be....shippy Sam and Jack fanfic fix needs badly during hiatus...gasp
                Thanks Uber
                Okay ... now remember though it's not shippy fanfic. It's SG-1 fanfic that just so happens has some very shippy elements... ()

the one I'm working on has more ship than Eclipse did...including the scene on the Goa'uld mothership which I think I might have already told you about...

If I haven't, I'll post the teaser here although I'm still working out the how's...

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                  Hey everyone, now that were aren't in general discussion have the rules for discussion changed at all? A link or quick explanation would be appreciated!
                  i'm pretty sure the same rules still apply...those would be the ones in the first post of this thread.

but it's so cool having a board *just* for ship and characters.

~~Close To Crazy~~
                  Psychotic Kitten
                  'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

ÜberSG-1Fan, I've got a question for you regarding one of the pics you use in your sigpic (which is mega groovy ). At the end of the cycle, there's a pic of Sam and Jack, with Sam looking at Jack to her left. The caption says, 'For about eight years'. What's that pic/ep from? And maybe the scene too?

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      ÜberSG-1Fan, I've got a question for you regarding one of the pics you use in your sigpic (which is mega groovy ). At the end of the cycle, there's a pic of Sam and Jack, with Sam looking at Jack to her left. The caption says, 'For about eight years'. What's that pic/ep from? And maybe the scene too?

Sally
                      Super cool...Mega groovy was like exactly what I was going for, man.

The "for about eight years" picture is from It's Good to Be King.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam and Jack are in the PJ...and Jack has hit some vital systems of Ares mothership..."relatively speaking."

Comment

To all Sam & Jack shippers ..here is a little treasure

New video "the man you love " Il Divo

a bit like Josh Groban just in case you do not know the group

Here are the words
                        The man you love

When you look in my eyes
                        Do you feel it in your soul?
                        Do you not realize
                        You’re the half that makes me whole
                        Everything that I am ,I’ll give it all to you
                        Put my heart in your hands
                        There’s nothing I won’t do
                        For the chance just to live inside your heart
                        And understand the woman that you are

Chorus:
                        I only wanna be the man
                        To give everything I can
                        Every day and every night
                        Baby for all my life
                        I don’t wanna change the world
                        As long as you’re my girl
                        It’s more than enough
                        Just to be the man you love

Be the place where you run
                        When the walls come tumbling down
                        Be the rock you lean on
                        When you can’t find solid ground
                        be your love and your friend
                        And all that’s in between
                        From now on till the end
                        It’s only you and me
                        I wanna hear your secrets
                        And your wildest dreams
                        Wipe your tears…kiss you tenderly

Chorus x2
                        Just to be the man you love

Enjoy

caty
                        Last edited by Catysg1; 12 April 2005, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Caty, great video as always, nice to see a new additional video to that ever-growing collection.
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Caty, great video as always, nice to see a new additional video to that ever-growing collection.
                            ((((((((((((((CATY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

((((((((((((((((((CATY)))))))))))))))))))))

Hey there!

Well...I've really got nothing shippy to say but
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm positive for season nine...I think that Jack retires and gets sent to Homeworld security in the same way as Hammond was last year...bodes quite well for ship!

Anyway...did MichelleB give her phone number to anyone here? If so...can you give her a call...I'm really worried about her absence.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

To the new shippers who mentioned not liking the way Jack treated Sam at the end of "100 Days":

Don't worry about it. Jack was glad to see all three of his team members. He didn't know at this point how hard Sam had worked to uncover the gate. I'm sure he found out later.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first episode in which we have any indication that either Sam or Jack cares more for the other than they should. It's season 3, and the first indication comes from her. It's from this point going forward that we start to see signs that Sam and Jack have reciprocal feelings for each other.

One of the things I liked about Stargate at first was that the character of Sam stood on her own, without being "attached" to one of the men. That's very rarely done in TV, and established her as the strong character that she is. The fact that a desire for a romantic relationship began to grow between them over time is an indication that it's the real thing. And despite their miserable attempts to ignore it so they could continue to work together, that desire to be together has only grown stronger over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X