Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunar...can you try and email her...she doesn't let you email her through GW, but she has her email address on her fictionpress profile

http://www.fictionpress.com/~michellebirkby

she hasn't answered mines and I get a bit worried when people just dissappear...
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
      Welcome Nikki you are going to love it here!!! I can say from a first hand Newbie, that it's all about love, shipping, fishing, family and cake...
      Don't forget the penguins!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        Don't despair Buc252 I am still with you and I am sure there are some others. Although I thought that Threads was on the right track, it fell quite a bit short of where it should have gone in order to give a proper resolution between Jack and Sam IMO. I also enjoyed Moebius 1 & 2 for the time and the kisses between Jack and Sam, but having said that I never quite bought in to the fact that that was "our" Jack and Sam and by that I mean the same people who we have watched for the last eight years.

I must say that I have never "met" a more optimistic bunch than this shipper family, and I thought I was optimistic. You guys can be pushed into a brickwall and still walk away positive. I actually have had to take a break from watching Stargate and even coming on this thread. I have never been involved with a show as much as I did with Stargate especially online and it started to overwhelm me. I had so much anticipation for the conclusion of Season 8 because of all the changes coming in Season 9 and especially because of RDA leaving that when it was finally over and ending the way it did I was at such a loss. It has changed the way that I view Stargate to the point that I really don't watch it anymore, except maybe sometimes on Monday night but somehow it has lost that warm ,fuzzy feeling. You guys are all so good at finding the little snips of ship that TPTB threw us every now and again or turning some things that I don't think were intended as ship into something that fit our needs, but my patients have run out and my eyes are sore from searching. As others have said I first started watching Stargate for the whole team dynamics that it had but soon found the relationship between Jack and Sam. For me the team dynamics soon faded except for a moment here or there and the story lines became ridiculous so the only thing really holding me was the Jack and Sam relationship; but, I too now come from the school of when Stargate starts dwindling in the ratings then TPTB will have this miraculous decision of letting Jack and Sam be together and then nothing will suddenly stand in their way. Gee where have I seen this or heard that before.....snark snark. Thankfully time has helped a lot, upon hearing the news for Season 9 that Sam and Jack are not away together I now chuckle whereas before I would have been furious. I'm not sure why TPTB are doing what they are doing and IMO I don't think that it really has anything to do with pleasing one part of the fandom over the other, but I could be wrong; I think they just don't have it in them. I still feel that they really blew it by not having a woman writer. Right now they have so many ideas floating in their heads what with Atlantis and with all the changes in store for Season 9 that until something like ratings dropping, they might never figure out what reallly kept SG1 alive, but by then who will care......I know, I know my good friends the shippers. Make no mistake about it I still would love a proper resolution for Jack and Sam, one where our closed lipped, eyes full of expression Jack and our always over thinking, always feeling Sam share a very passionate, kiss; its just that like TPTB now I am investing very little.

thank you for posting, nickatell. i like hearing differing views and differing feelings on all things ship. it's not only important for me to see someone else's viewpoint, but i think it's healthy for any discussion thread.

am i happy with the way the sam/jack ship was resolved? yes AND no. it was resolved only in that it went from one level (will they/won't they) to the next (when will they/how will they). so it's not a 'real' resolution in as it's only going from one stage to another.

one of the things i'm afraid of happening is what happened between troi and riker on star trek next generation. they waited sooooooooooo long to finally bring them together that by the time they did, i didn't really give a hoot anymore. troi and riker got married and had a love scene in bed... years ago, i would have had a stroke (a happy one), but in the movie, i was like, 'oh, isn't that nice'. and i've never watched the movie again. i want to, but i'm not working for getting the movie and such. basically, playing the 'will they/won't they' too long can lead to not only HUGE built-up expectations, but even worse, not giving a crap anymore. i don't want this to happen with stargate and sam and jack. now is the time to do it. NOW. sam and jack are out of the same chain of command. so. have. a. relationship. if rds's not there, film around it. make it happen.

k, done venting.

sally
        Last edited by majorsal; 11 April 2005, 03:41 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

OMG!!!! I never watched One Hundred Days, I think I'm going to have a heart attack this friday

So many things to look at....

THAT'S IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I LOVE MY SHIPPER FAMILY.... You open my EYES TO THE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the begining it was just LOVE for RDA, then it was LOVE for S/J, I mean, who wouldn't want to be here and now being her I'm just discovering a whole new world... THANKS!
          Hey LOL4JACK--One Hundred Days comes on tonight on Sci-Fi. If I said Friday earlier, it was a big mistake.
          -girlgater

Comment

I know it's completly of-topic and I apologize, but I feel sad... got my first red rep... no comments to what they didn't like... and in this thread... aren't we all Shippers?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Damn, wasted my 50th post and Jaffa Fodder celebration in something so meaningless...

So back to shipping!!!!!

I know we are all panicking about season 9 and we have all given our points of view of how would we have like things to happen, Am I frustrated that we didn't get to see our S/J
              Spoiler:
              Kiss, with sparks and all!!!
              Yes!

I do feel that we've missed a whole episode.... between first part of M1 and M1 & M2, I think I would have coped better if
              Spoiler:
              we would have seen our S/J deal with the fact that they where stranded in the past... forget their ranks and make up like rabbits .... fight Ra... I know get killed in the revolution and then a cliffhanger for the end of S8
              Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!!! this forum would be crashed 24/7 ( I know, it's been very close lately)

Then start S9, with the remaining M1 & M2
              Spoiler:
              Sam and Jack "packing" and "fishing" and then Jack retiring to be a civilian running Homeworld security, I mean after all that fishing he could never go back to the AF...
              and continue with S9....
              Last edited by LOL4JACK; 11 April 2005, 04:51 PM.

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

I know it's completly of-topic and I apologize, but I feel sad... got my first red rep... no comments to what they didn't like... and in this thread... aren't we all Shippers?
                Don't feel sad.

The EXACT same thing happened to me and at least one other person yesterday. This thread, no comments, just a red ding.

It's irritating...we don't know who it is or what the motivation is of this individual/individuals...and it's foolish to speculate either way.

So just laugh it off as yet another appearance of...

THE MAD DINGER!!!

...and then let go of the sadness and continue your shipping.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Don't give up the ship yet! Please don't concentrate on what TPTB have told us. You're reading too much into it and taking it too literally. There's a lot they haven't said.....and I've read between the lines quite a bit in the last few weeks. I don't want to jinx what I think is going to happen by saying here how I think they're going to resolve the ship. But I think it will be resolved early in S9.....in a way that makes us "shippers" happy. Have faith...and be open to the possibilities that are before us. I assure you that they are numerous.....

I've been a fan since the beginning.....but I've come on the boards only in the past month. I know a lot of your worries are based on past disappointments. My hopes are based on perfect timing. I believe July will bring us to that time. If I'm wrong, you can all make fun of me then.

Cross your fingers! Shippy dreams!

Comment

Damn!!!! I love this place....

Thanks all !!!! of my 50 posts, 48 have been here and I pretend to stay...
                    it was just weird... but back to shipping, fanfics, penguins.... and cake.... hmmm I haven't seen one in a long time

Comment

back but not for long... just in case: have happy shipper dreams and shipper days! I'm dying to watch A Hundred Days!!
                      I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                      Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
                      *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
                      Jack: If only...
                      (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Don't give up the ship yet! Please don't concentrate on what TPTB have told us. You're reading too much into it and taking it too literally. There's a lot they haven't said.....and I've read between the lines quite a bit in the last few weeks. I don't want to jinx what I think is going to happen by saying here how I think they're going to resolve the ship. But I think it will be resolved early in S9.....in a way that makes us "shippers" happy. Have faith...and be open to the possibilities that are before us. I assure you that they are numerous.....

I've been a fan since the beginning.....but I've come on the boards only in the past month. I know a lot of your worries are based on past disappointments. My hopes are based on perfect timing. I believe July will bring us to that time. If I'm wrong, you can all make fun of me then.

Cross your fingers! Shippy dreams!
                        thanks for the boost, i needed that. i'll try not to let my past disappointments (which cover an entire block in my neighborhood ) overwhelm the great possibilities for s/j ship.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                          Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.
                          WELCOME Nikki to the Shipper Family!!!! Pull up a chair!

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                            The episode, A Hundred Days, comes on Sci-fi on Friday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about this episode. I like the fact that Carter shows that she has feelings for Jack, but the whole Laira thing makes me nauseous . How does everyone else feel?
                            Honestly I didn't really like this ep. Only watched it once Didn't really like how Jack treated Sam when they came to rescue him he just shewed her off and he didn't even say thanks or thank you. About the whole rescuse deal I don't think Jack really gave up all the way. It had been 3 months but I think Jack just adapted to his life instead of fighting with. Liked the whole Sam and Janet little chat little bits of shippyness sneaking in Overall it was a o.k. ep. but not one I plan on watching in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                              Honestly I didn't really like this ep. Only watched it once Didn't really like how Jack treated Sam when they came to rescue him he just shewed her off and he didn't even say thanks or thank you. About the whole rescuse deal I don't think Jack really gave up all the way. It had been 3 months but I think Jack just adapted to his life instead of fighting with. Liked the whole Sam and Janet little chat little bits of shippyness sneaking in Overall it was a o.k. ep. but not one I plan on watching in the future!
                              OK, so finally saw it... I thought it was sad.. my heart was just shrinking every minute... SG-1 not letting go and Jack not wanting to let go...

I don't think he really loved Laira (or how you write her name) he needed to hold onto somebody (no regs ) by he never forgot what he had...

The only thing that I might like about this ep, is that I guess Sam really found out how she felt... not only admitting it to her but also saying it out loud (girls chitty chat )

But overall just sad.... I need some D/C after this Lots and lots of love.

Jack's reaction, I don't know, I'm still trying to figure it out in a pro ship way, any help ?
                              Last edited by LOL4JACK; 11 April 2005, 07:46 PM. Reason: Just to say thanks for all my green jello :p... Thanks!

Comment

Love chitty chats soooo much important information can come out of them....
                                Janet: You miss him
                                Sam: Yeah
                                Decided to stop it there for obvious reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X