This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NG.1
    If you guys will excuse me I would love to start a new discussion topic about Sam/Jack...

I have noticed in numerous fics and did the same for some of mine that people are speculating about the 'powers' that a child of Sam and Jack will have.

What is your option...do you think their child will be normal or will the child be different due to what had happened to his/her parents.

Also...IS GRACE THEIR CHILD???? This is driving my crazy, up the wall and right into the funny farm.
    Well I'm a fic writer and I've always perferred the idea of Sam and Jack's kids being normal. Well, maybe a little taller/stronger/healthier due to thier fantastic genetics...but that's what I went with. As for the idea of Grace I did name of of thier kids Grace in a fic but it's more of a Sam liking the name, or naming thier daughter after Grace. The concept of Sam and Jack's future daughter visiting her in the episode has always escaped me. Nothing against those who believe it, it's a beautiful idea. I just haven't used it.

Comment

I don't think the relationship between Jack and Sam has made Sam weak in any way, on the contrary, I think their relationship has elevated Sams skills as a soldier and strengthened her emotions as a woman. I do think the fact that she questioned her feelings for Jack, met another guy (what seemed like the first guy she came across), accepted a wedding proposal (hard to type), backed out of the wedding proposal (thank goodness), and realized that her feelings for Jack were real after all, was a lot to digest in one season. The fact that this all happened in one season (about) and the fact that we saw no kick-butt soldier Sam when the baton was passed down from O'Neill, made us all sit back with our mouths hanging open wondering what happened to Sam and to that extent I can understand why she would be tired of the "relationship" role of Sam Carter. The part of AT's comments that I have trouble with is when she says she will be rememebered as only Jacks girl (never happen), or to have two of the leads fall in love with one another is an old cliche, that part may be but not many leads have carried it off half as well or half as believable. I will never believe though that Sam Carter is nothing but an exceptional role model for girls of any age; she is a strong, smart, independent, responsible, loyal, kick-butt soldier and she has proven to herself that only her true love Jack who loves her, trusts her and constantly supports her will do for her. To strive to have the best of both worlds and except nothing less speaks volumns.
      Something else I feel passionate about, it took 8 years for Jack and Sam to be where they are today (exactly where is anyones guess) we are use to these two taking their relationship very seriously and thats why I believe many people including myseslf were
      Spoiler:
      not happy with the results of Moebius 2 because it wasn't serious as I believe the coming together of these two people would be.
      We have watched these two carry such strong emotions for one another for so long that to say they are together now is wrong for me without the emotions, the look in their eyes of acceptance because they can't fight it or hide it any longer, willing now to do something about it because they are part of one another; without seeing these emotions and then sealing their intentions with a passionate kiss is simply unacceptable an unbelievable. I still hold out hope that with one of RDA's hopeful returns that we will still get our proper ending but until then watching Stargate SG2 isn't an option, although I will take a peek tonight for Sams return.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        / =

/ = and

k, done, bye.

sally
        very cool, simple and to the point ....no matter how you add it .... Sam and Jack "Always"...

Comment

If you guys will excuse me I would love to start a new discussion topic about Sam/Jack...

I have noticed in numerous fics and did the same for some of mine that people are speculating about the 'powers' that a child of Sam and Jack will have.

What is your option...do you think their child will be normal or will the child be different due to what had happened to his/her parents.

Also...IS GRACE THEIR CHILD???? This is driving my crazy, up the wall and right into the funny farm.
          That is an interesting question and I tend to go back and forth speculating just how much Jack/Sam's kids have powers. Would they have just a trace or what they be able to do all those cool things their parents can do?

Sam's DNA has forever been changed by Jolinar, so I think she would pass along some of those traits to her children. Would it be enough to operate a healing device, I don't know. I think it would be interesting to explore, and just how did they come into contact with Goa'uld technology?

As far as Jack's DNA being transferred to his and Sam's kids (I just like saying that "Jack & Sam's kids) Jack has the ancient gene and he has had the ancient knowledge downloaded twice. So I would think he would pass the ancient gene and possible some ancient knowledge to his children.

If Tok’ra/Goa’uld or Goa’uld/Goa’uld can produce a Heresy (sp?) offspring. What does that make a child with Ancient genes and Tok’ra symbiote genes? That would make for some powerful knowledge I would think.

Is Grace Jack/Sam’s child? Sure why not, I have no proof one way or the other. Until TPTB bring the child back and prove otherwise. Then I will happily accept that scenario.

Okay once again I have become long winded .... sorry.

Comment

Hello everyone!!

(((((((((((((Cathain)))))))))))))

Get to a doctor...no arguments...go and make sure you're okay.

Trust me - After two bus crashes and getting hit by a car I know it's better to be safe than sorry.

When I got hit by the car, I was on my bike going down a hill. I crashed into a metal barrier and completely buckled the bike. I was covered in bruising and I was sorew all over, but never went to the doctors...Two days later I couldn't move at all...My mum rushed me to the doctors...

3 broken ribs, mild concussion, several torn muscles and snapped ligaments...

Please...at least put us as ease by getting seen by someone.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Jack is calling up Sam cause he misses her.

Comment

Sam and Jack are calling Cathain to immediately go to the doctor

Last edited by gatebee; 19 August 2005, 08:37 AM.

Comment

DISCLAIMER – The following is 100% pure fiction. I made it up as I typed (and occasionally giggled. You should’ve seen the looks I was getting from coworkers . Hah! They think I’m loving my job!)

WARNING – If you don’t like fiction, stop reading now. If you don’t like anything to do with the story about Laira, stop reading now.

******************************************************************
                  Re: RDA wanting to revisit the Hundred Days story.

The Hundred Days story did get a revisit. What? You all missed it? Oh wait, they never filmed it, all of the pages were torn out of the script. Well, aren’t you all lucky that I salvaged them from the dumpster outside of the studios!

Yep, they resolved the whole Jack and Laira story back in season 7. This was the C story in Chimera. You know, the A story was Daniel/Osiris and the B story was Sam/. Well, this happens after the scene with Sam and Jack in the elevator and before the discussion in the briefing room where we finally see Jack again. And you all just thought he was off sulking in his beer.

EXTERIOR – EDORA STARGATE

View from behind the Stargate, which is engaged then, Fwoop!, it shuts down. Jack is standing on the platform, his back to the gate, dressed in civilian clothes. He looks around then starts walking down a road.

EXTERIOR – EDORA ROAD

Jack is walking along the road and he sees Haynan working in the field. He stops and waves.

JACK: Haynan, hello!

Haynan stops working and looks up. He walks toward Jack.

HAYNAN: Jack! It has been many years since you were last here. Are you alone? Is all well with you?

JACK: I am alone and all is, well, so-so. I had some free time so I thought I’d drop by and see how things are going around here. Do you know where I might find Laira?

HAYNAN: I’m sure she would be at her house at this time. She has much to do with the…

JACK: Thanks. I’m gonna head over and see her. I’ll talk to you later.

HAYNAN: Fair day, Jack.

Jack walks down the road and Haynan returns to the field.

EXTERIOR – EDORA VILLAGE

Jack is standing on the doorstep of a house. He knocks on the door and looks around, shuffling his feet, hands in his pockets. The door opens and we see Laira holding a very young baby.

LAIRA: Jack! How wonderful to see you. It has been many years since you were last here. Are you alone? Is all well with you?

JACK: Déjà vu, sort of?

LAIRA: Please, come inside.

Laira walks away from the door. Jack enters and closes the door. Laira sits down at the table.

LAIRA: Sit down, Jack.

Jack sits at the table across from Laira. He looks at her then nods his head to the baby in her arms.

JACK: Yours?

LAIRA: You never came back. About a year ago, a man came through the stone ring, the ancestors guided him to me, and…

She snuggles the baby.

JACK: Ah yes, the ancestors. Or maybe biological clock?

LAIRA: I don’t understand.

JACK: It’s a saying we have on Earth. It has to do with time running out for…

He nods at the baby again. Laira looks confused.

JACK: You know, like an alarm clock? You can only press the snooze button so many times before the alarm stops going off completely? Maybe you ran out of snoozes.

He ponders what he just said and furrows his eyebrows. Laira is silent and still looks confused.

JACK: Speaking of clocks…

He looks at his watch and taps the crystal.

JACK: Well, hey, would you look at the time.

He stands up and walks to the door. Laira rises and walks after him.

JACK: Yep, I gotta get back to Earth. Big meeting about bad guys and… stuff.

He opens the door and walks out.

LAIRA: Fair day and be well, Jack.

JACK: Sure thing.

He walks down the road through the village.

EXTERIOR – EDORA ROAD

Jack is walking down the road. Haynan is working further back in the field. He looks up and sees Jack but Jack is nearly out of sight already. Haynan returns to working.

INTERIOR – SGC GATE ROOM

Fwoop! Jack walks down the ramp and stops in front of Hammond who is standing at the bottom of the ramp. Hammond looks confused.

HAMMOND: That was quick.

JACK: Yes sir, it certainly was.

He turns away from Hammond and leaves the gate room.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    That is an interesting question and I tend to go back and forth speculating just how much Jack/Sam's kids have powers. Would they have just a trace or what they be able to do all those cool things their parents can do?

Sam's DNA has forever been changed by Jolinar, so I think she would pass along some of those traits to her children. Would it be enough to operate a healing device, I don't know. I think it would be interesting to explore, and just how did they come into contact with Goa'uld technology?

As far as Jack's DNA being transferred to his and Sam's kids (I just like saying that "Jack & Sam's kids) Jack has the ancient gene and he has had the ancient knowledge downloaded twice. So I would think he would pass the ancient gene and possible some ancient knowledge to his children.

If Tok’ra/Goa’uld or Goa’uld/Goa’uld can produce a Heresy (sp?) offspring. What does that make a child with Ancient genes and Tok’ra symbiote genes? That would make for some powerful knowledge I would think.

Is Grace Jack/Sam’s child? Sure why not, I have no proof one way or the other. Until TPTB bring the child back and prove otherwise. Then I will happily accept that scenario.

Okay once again I have become long winded .... sorry.
                    Ditto on your thoughts and I'm on the same wavelenght. I also thought that that if a Goa'uld and another Goa'uld can produce a Heresy offspring then surely the same should be true about Jack and Sam.

Maybe we should review all the changes they experienced over the years:

S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S
                    IN
                    C
                    A
                    S
                    E

Jack:
                    Once infected with a Goa'uld symbiote although it died in Jack's body when he was frozen. Surely it should then have broken down in his body??
                    Once infected with a Tok'ra symbiote. The symbiote did flee his body, but what changes might have happened in Jack's body before that?

Ancient database twice downloaded in his brain. Asgard did remove it, but again we don't know how it might have affected his neural pathways.

Ancient gene in his body - this we know makes him an advance human and he can oberate all their nice gadgets.

Sam:
                    Brain changed/enlarged due to what happened in the Entity. Surely once your neural ways are overwritten/enlarged etc. it should have some sort of effect on you???

Infected by Jolinar?? Remember she has the proteine marker and Jolinar's memories. By the way would her child inherit that memories??

And then there is metamorphisis (sp?) Yes she did go through the machine at the end to fix () her, but we don't know what permanent/long term damages/changes it may have caused in her.

Okay...can't think of anything else, but anybody feel free to speculate on this.

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                      K guys, I've decided I like my old one better. So here it is: for better or worse.

BTW was looking through some Ashley McConnell Stargate novels and here are some quotes you might enjoy:
                      Spoiler:

"O'Neill, Jackson could tell, had noticed. He had that pleased, appreciative glint in his eye, the one he got around attractive women. He even got it around Carter sometimes when she wasn't looking." (The Price you Pay, p.68)

"Maybe he'd suggest it to the whole team, though Carter would argue about it. Carter always argued. It was one of the delightful aspects of her personality." (First Amendment, p.59)

"Anyway." Carter got up and refilled her coffee cup, adding some powdered almond cream flavouring and ignoring the disgusted looks she got from the others as a result. If they really thought it was that terrible, she reasoned, why did the stuff appear next to O'Neill's coffeepot mere days after he'd found out she liked it? (The First Amendment, pp. 113-114)

and finally:

Spoiler:

"...was her subconscious trying to tell her that her commander was a giant octopus with tentacles? And what exactly was he supposed to be using those tentacles for? She bit her lip hard to stifle her response to that image. Literally, she snickered, in my dreams!" (Th Morpheus Factor, p.109)

Hehe
                      Oh, wow. I am going to buy those books right now!!!!

Comment

Ditto on your thoughts and I'm on the same wavelenght. I also thought that that if a Goa'uld and another Goa'uld can produce a Heresy offspring then surely the same should be true about Jack and Sam.

Maybe we should review all the changes they experienced over the years:

S
                        P
                        O
                        I
                        L
                        E
                        R
                        S
                        IN
                        C
                        A
                        S
                        E

Jack:
                        Once infected with a Goa'uld symbiote although it died in Jack's body when he was frozen. Surely it should then have broken down in his body??
                        Once infected with a Tok'ra symbiote. The symbiote did flee his body, but what changes might have happened in Jack's body before that?

Ancient database twice downloaded in his brain. Asgard did remove it, but again we don't know how it might have affected his neural pathways.

Ancient gene in his body - this we know makes him an advance human and he can oberate all their nice gadgets.

Sam:
                        Brain changed/enlarged due to what happened in the Entity. Surely once your neural ways are overwritten/enlarged etc. it should have some sort of effect on you???

Infected by Jolinar?? Remember she has the proteine marker and Jolinar's memories. By the way would her child inherit that memories??

And then there is metamorphisis (sp?) Yes she did go through the machine at the end to fix () her, but we don't know what permanent/long term damages/changes it may have caused in her.

Okay...can't think of anything else, but anybody feel free to speculate on this.
                        Cool we have someone from South Africa! Welcome to the thread! What time is it there, so we can keep track for next years ship day. Post often!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                          Don't watch Atlantis, so I don't have a fav shipper. But Sam and Jack still kickass.

As for Sam and Jack's child... I don't see why they should have any powers... Sam only has the protein marker from Jolinar because she was a host, whether or not that would be passed down to her children is anyone's guess. It would make sense though that any of Jack's childrens dna would be protected by the Asgard due to the ancient gene.
                          I would like to think that Grace is their offspring, as they cast a little girl with beautiful brown eyes like Jack's. But I don't think so since TPTB tried to give Sam some closure regarding her relationship with Jack...telling her to move on. Thus it wouldn't make sense to make Grace their child when TBTP are trying to resolve S/J's relationship.

But then again, we can dream can't we
                          Dreaming...mmm. In my dreams all sorts of interesting things happen between my favorite couple and before I know it, it turns out into fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            Sam and Jack are calling Cathain to immediately go to the doctor

Great pics! Thanks for the green! Tried to give back but . As soon as I can-
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                              Well I'm a fic writer and I've always perferred the idea of Sam and Jack's kids being normal. Well, maybe a little taller/stronger/healthier due to thier fantastic genetics...but that's what I went with. As for the idea of Grace I did name of of thier kids Grace in a fic but it's more of a Sam liking the name, or naming thier daughter after Grace. The concept of Sam and Jack's future daughter visiting her in the episode has always escaped me. Nothing against those who believe it, it's a beautiful idea. I just haven't used it.
                              Okay, question for you.

If Jack and Sam's kids are going to have fantastic genes...do you think they are going to be like extremely healthy and resistant to some sedatives the way that Sam currently is due to Jolinar's genes?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                                Great pics! Thanks for the green! Tried to give back but . As soon as I can-
                                no problem ....it is my pleasure to post pics of our Sam and Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X