X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, the latest TV Guide describes the upcoming "Beachhead" as
    Spoiler:
    "an explosive tale featuring the return of series regular Amanda Tapping."Then something about Carter dropping on bombshell on an Ori force field.

In same edition it says on BG (do I have to spoiler here)? I will, but I only mention it because of the Jack and Sam similarity,
    Spoiler:
    Apollo and Starbuck have given up on fighting their feelings, one reason they have fought them-- he's her superior officer!

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
      Hi there,

No probs, will do so over the weekend if I get a chance. The stargate fver spreads...I got a woman at worked addicted to it. She watched all my season 1 dvds over the last weekend :s She's a super Stargate freak, like us... now I just have to turn her into a shipper **insert evil laugh**

Stargate's on tonight!!! BUT, it's still season 8, promethus unbound..more Daniel and Vala..so gonna wait to get to the ep on the dvds.

Ciao peeps Happy Shippering
      Meaning you have to work on assimilating her into the collective.....

Comment

My Lord (Oma-1), Is it okay that I'm ROFLMAO because of majorsal's last post, My Lord?

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          Why does Gateworld keep crashing on me? I was trying to answer Sue's question about when I started shipping, and it keeps sticking and stopping me...i think it's a conspiracy.
          michelle, gateworld is suffering from occasional boughts of constipation , so there's another way of posting that seems to work fine. use 'QR' (quick reply) to post until this prob ends. but be sure to save your text/post to notepad or something *before* you hit send, just incase the QR doesn't work either.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            / =

/ = and

k, done, bye.

sally
            The shippers' rebus.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              didn't the ship between ryker and troi take about 100 years (well not exactly but...) and I believe that by the time that happened-no-one really cared anymore.
              yep.

they had them get married in the lastest movie, and they had a BED SCENE, but... it was ho-hum because THEY WAITED TOO LONG to resolve the ship. not that the actors still didn't have the chemistry, it's that as a fan, i lost a lot of interest. i hope that's a lesson to ptb everyone to NOT WAIT TOO LONG for resolution to any storyline.

*clears throat*

k, i'm done.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                yep.

they had them get married in the lastest movie, and they had a BED SCENE, but... it was ho-hum because THEY WAITED TOO LONG to resolve the ship. not that the actors still didn't have the chemistry, it's that as a fan, i lost a lot of interest. i hope that's a lesson to ptb everyone to NOT WAIT TOO LONG for resolution to any storyline.

*clears throat*

k, i'm done.

sally
                I never saw that movie. I didn't know until now that they married. Just like you said, I lost interest and just tuned out! Although the last Star Trek ship I remember was Troi and Worf **please let me have remembered his name correctly** in some time travel/alternate universe thing! I liked Worf!!**growl**
                And OT again, yeah TPTB, don't wait any longer!!! Sam and Jack, Bring 'em Back!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                  michelleb, Gateworld has been locking up the browser on me when I try to reply with the regular Quote. I never have a problem using the QR. Frustrating! What I've been doing if I want to quote someone is, first use the Quote, select the text, copy, and then use Back in the browser. I paste the text into my word processor, type my stuff, select and copy. Go to the browser and use the QR, paste and Post. It hasn't locked up on me that way. (Crosses fingers and knocks on wood. Ow!)
                  Uhhh....you are aware that there is a "quote message in reply" checkbox under the text box for "quick reply?"

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Hi Shipper Friends!!!

OK, I sure hope this gets posted. It's my third try to tell how I became a shipper.

Well, I was a Lord of the Rings fan. Big time!!! After The Return of the King, I was without the Aragorn and Arwen Ship not to mention, but I will, the action, adventure, fantasy, magic and delightfulness of Tolkien's Middle Earth!!

So, I'm looking for a new "hobby!" I'm surfing on TV and come across Stargate. I'd seen commercials and surfed past episodes but never stopped until one fateful day!! I don't know which episode I watched but it was....interesting!!! RDA is so hot!!! I watched more and regularly. I noticed a spark between Sam and Jack!! Well, I am nothing if not a good hobbyist and I went to Google to find out more about Stargate. This led me to SciFi Channel and links and a transcript of an interview with Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping. She was responding to questions about Jack and Sam and Shippers. Shippers?? What are Shippers?

Back to Google! I type in Stargate SG-1, shippers!!! Wow!!! Wowee!!! Gotta love Google!!

I discovered Sam and Jack FANFICTION!!! Shipper Heaven!!! I kinda felt like a kid in a candy store!!!

Then, I found Gateworld and lurked, alot, before joining what has turned out to be a terrific place with all of you!!!
                    Here's how I became a shipper:

I saw absolutely NO ship between anybody....was more focused on the actionand exploration.....and certain female members of the cast (Sam and Janet are HOT!! )

I had to be bludgeoned with an actual statement of Jack and Sam's feelings for each other in D&C...low and behold, I became a shipper...watched the preceding eps with my rose-timted shipper glasses.....lurked on this thread for awhile till I got over my shyness and became one of the rare few males to join the collective....errrr....family....

My first post was a rant about Loser Duckspud.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                      Hi everyone! I skimmed over what I missed but I really didn't read anything (sorry everyone). I was just in a car accident so I don't want to fight my computer to go back *tries to count how many pages*

Anyway anything big I miss?

Are you OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                        Well I know I'm not going anywhere tonight, I've got classes tomorrow.
                        I really hope you are okay!! Please keep all this advice in mind if you feel the slightest bit wrong, even if it is days later. Soft tissue injuries can take awhile to show up sometimes.
                        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          But Mary, assuming ship from just about anything remotely related is what we DO. Whether it's really implied or not isn't the point

But either way, let's face facts, Jack could take any day - no matter what scenario.

btw, I'm not biased in anyway.... no siree .... whistles...
                          Glad to know I'm not the only one!!! My husband gives me the weirdest looks sometimes when we are watching, and I get all giggly over a look, or gesture, or something, and he says, 'What, are you in high school or something?'
                          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            Just grovel and call me "My Lord". That would be fine.

Did I say that out loud

I grovel for no one, ms. false god!!!!!!

Comment

Hey y'all, I just finished another S/J ship fic, Nine Years. Please read (it's short!) and tell me what you think!

P.S. If you do read it, you might want a box of tissues nearby...
                              Last edited by ST-1; 18 August 2005, 09:59 PM. Reason: It's 2:00 a.m.

Comment

(((Cathain)))
                                Hope you're doing ok. Make sure you put a heat pack on your neck and move it every now and again (slowly) to maintain flexibility.
                                BTW Shipper Family, I was really impressed by everyone's good wishes.. this really is like a family

In regards to previous comments regarding and Sam and her weakness in threads (I know I know, we have moved on from this topic) but I agree. I mean what kind of guy would do a background check on his girlfriend with the FBI and then follow her around!!! The word stalker comes to mind. I mean I know Sam has trouble keeping her boyfriends alive... but I would've killed him!!!

Jack has...for the most part...treated Sam as an equal. He never doubts her abilities and the fact that she can look after herself. As much as he loves her...he respects her and her position in the military. He doesn't push her, and I love that about them

Comment

Working...
                                X