This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    I hope you were checked out by EMTs. You could have whiplash and/or concussion, even if you didn't bag your head. Was an EMT-if you develop a severe head ache or dizziness-please go to the hospital. If anything go to your regular doctor and get check-up, encase something does pop-up, you might need it for insurance reason or against the case of the other drivers. Every state has its own regulation. The Police usually can give you more details. I hope you feel better.
    I wasn't. I told the police I was fine and we didn't even call the EMTs. Can you tell I avoid doctors?

Comment

I hope you were checked out by EMTs. You could have whiplash and/or concussion, even if you didn't bag your head. Was an EMT-if you develop a severe head ache or dizziness-please go to the hospital. If anything go to your regular doctor and get check-up, encase something does pop-up, you might need it for insurance reason or against the case of the other drivers. Every state has its own regulation. The Police usually can give you more details. I hope you feel better.
      Good advise Trupi! Cathian I hope you get to feeling better!!

Edit: Cathian you are quicker than I am, I just saw your previous post. I really hope you are feeling better soon, and keep an eye on the symptoms.

Comment

Cathain - go to the doctor. I had an accident, rear-ended, and refused medical treatment at the scene. My car, Buick LeSabre, had just a bent up bumper a.k.a. minimal damage. My husband insisted I go to the doctor and they xrayed me and "all was fine." Two days later I could hardly move my neck and left arm without terrible pain. I spent months in physical therapy and years in the courts fighting the stupid insurance company to pay the bills because my car had minimal damage and I had refused treatment at the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
          I wasn't. I told the police I was fine and we didn't even call the EMTs. Can you tell I avoid doctors?
          Just take care-if you don't feel right, go to the doctor. But get one that looks like Jack so you don't mind being examine.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
            Aww! Thanks Oma for the metal *shows it off proudly*

(((((sg-1fanintn)))))

And jafacakes I haven't, the accident just happened maybe two hours ago and I came home. Right now I'm just trying to ignore it (probably not the best plan...)
            I can understand you are trying to forget it but have it checked, if not today ,tomorrow. Neck and back injuries can go on for months and be very wearing and then you may have dificulty to prove it resulted from the crash.

Comment

Just take care-if you don't feel right, go to the doctor. But get one that looks like Jack so you don't mind being examine.
              Originally posted by UhSir
              Cathain - go to the doctor. I had an accident, rear-ended, and refused medical treatment at the scene. My car, Buick LeSabre, had just a bent up bumper a.k.a. minimal damage. My husband insisted I go to the doctor and they xrayed me and "all was fine." Two days later I could hardly move my neck and left arm without terrible pain. I spent months in physical therapy and years in the courts fighting the stupid insurance company to pay the bills because my car had minimal damage and I had refused treatment at the scene.
              Maybe that's the trick trupi! I need Dr. O'Neill

And UhSir I took some damage, my whole back end needs replacement since its only one big piece, the trunk got knocked off its track and that sort of thing. Its funny because the entire time I was at the scene my arm only hurt from the small burn but it seemed like the second I got home my neck's been tightening up.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                I can understand you are trying to forget it but have it checked, if not today ,tomorrow. Neck and back injuries can go on for months and be very wearing and then you may have dificulty to prove it resulted from the crash.
                I probably should, I sprained my neck in a very stupid stunt a few years ago and ever since my neck hasn't been the same. I'll probably let it go though.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                  Cathain, I'm glad you are OK, but I agree with UhSir, it also happened to me and I had to run to the hospital 2 days after the accident...

Oma, I've been trying to reply to your PM, so far 5 times!!!!!!!! and my IE crashes every time but while I manage... I can only say

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Cathain,
                    Jack says, "Go to the infirmary! But, watch out for the big, honkin' needles!"

*Pic by Shimmering Star*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      Cathain, I'm glad you are OK, but I agree with UhSir, it also happened to me and I had to run to the hospital 2 days after the accident...
                      Originally posted by nell
                      Cathain,
                      Jack says, "Go to the infirmary! But, watch out for the big, honkin' needles!"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...byssjack14.jpg

*Pic by Shimmering Star*
                      Well I know I'm not going anywhere tonight, I've got classes tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                        In regards to the conversation about Amanda's comment about Sam's relationship with Jack as a sign of weakness...I would like to amend my previous opinion. One of the deleted scenes in Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        was when Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Bra'tac were in the briefing room discussing the fate of the device on dekara. Sam's cell phone went off and she apologised and commented that she thought she had turned it off. Then Walter comes in and tells her she has an urgent phone call. It's the dreaded Pete :s She sounds annoyed when she answers the phone and apologises to Jack profusely when she hangs up. Jacob mentions that "Wasn't she supposed to meet Pete at the florists?" And Sam, giving the death look, tells him not to worry. When Jack insists that they she doesn't really have anything to do on base, after they finish they're conversation, so she should go. She tries to tell him that it's ok, but they won't take it for an answer.
                        I think since Amanda doesn't see the edited version, she didn't like TPTB putting Sam in the situation. It's understandable and I for one am glad they deleted the scene... it kind of puts Sam in an awkward situation....hmmm, florists?? or saving all life in the galaxy??? Big decision :s

Guess I'll repeat my stand: It's Sam's relationship with Pete that started the problems. Pete's putting her in this awkward situation here.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          I love Eric Clapton and thought of that song too! Great minds Whenever I hear Tears in Heaven it always makes me think of Jack & Charlie. (For those who don't know, Eric wrote the song after his son died.) Takes me back to those Cold Lazarus days, or how Jack was feeling in the movie.
                          http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/ecla/l...in-heaven.html
                          (((((Oma-1)))))) Great minds indeed! "Tears in Heaven" makes me think of Jack and Charlie, too. Eric's son, I believe, fell out a window and died just as sudden and tragic as Charlie accidentally shooting himself, so there's a major parallel there.

Eric Clapton is possibly the most talented guitarist on the planet, and a phenomenal songwriter too...truly a legend. In other words, worthy of having his songs attached to S&J fics!

Cathain, I hope you are feeling better! Car wrecks suck (I was in a nasty one 18 mos. ago...I spun out on black ice, totaled the car but walked away in one piece). Hang in there, and DO get yourself checked out! If it helps, bring an RDA pic to concentrate on...and reward yourself afterward with a marathon of shippy SG-1 episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            I'm glad Janeway got ship and crew back to the Alpha Quadrant, but I think they bungled a ship....I believe that Janeway and CHAKOTAY were meant to be together...mainly cuz I saw a pretty good number of eps to that effect.
                            Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that. But that ship crashed on the rocks of Jeri Ryan, who, at the time she joined the show, was dating one of the PTB. Coincidentally, for the most part, after that it turned into "The 7 of 9 Show." And naturally, that meant she had to get the alpha male.

It stunk, but at least the show had a proper ending, not left floating in space.
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that. But that ship crashed on the rocks of Jeri Ryan, who, at the time she joined the show, was dating one of the PTB. Coincidentally, for the most part, after that it turned into "The 7 of 9 Show." And naturally, that meant she had to get the alpha male.

It stunk, but at least the show had a proper ending, not left floating in space.
                              But then Jeri Ryan ended up with that crazy perv of a Congressman whose political career crashed and burned cause he wanted her to do "funny" things in nightclubs. So all's well that ends well :-)

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                                Cathain, I hope you are feeling better! Car wrecks suck (I was in a nasty one 18 mos. ago...I spun out on black ice, totaled the car but walked away in one piece). Hang in there, and DO get yourself checked out! If it helps, bring an RDA pic to concentrate on...and reward yourself afterward with a marathon of shippy SG-1 episodes!
                                Yeah maybe I will. I'm going to turn in now - I'll be back tomorrow to give an update.

(((((((((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Working...
                                X