Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ann_sgcfan - Thank you for the green rep. Your post was not too long. I especially agree with you on this part:
    Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    If this forces Jack and Sam both to wake up and smell the roses, then go for it. I liked Kerry for Jack because it didn't last and Jack realized that Sam is the woman for him. If the writers would have developed Pete like this it would have gone over a lot better (well that and his stalker side never existed). Sam did finally come to realize Jack was the man for her at the end of Threads. Even during the dark days of Pete, Sam and Jack had some ship moments making Sam realize Jack is the only man for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      I know this discussion was pages ago - but I'm still catching up Sorry to bring up the whole Amanda interview and what some saw as neg ship comments, but I saw them as quite positive. I mean, playing angst all the time must be such a drag when you know how good a kisser RDA is I'm sure she'd much rather be smooching with him than playing sad eyes .....

I know which I'd rather be doing.
      Oma-1's back!!! Hurrah! Don't be gone so long!!!
      Originally posted by UhSir
      My husband and I are firm believers that Sam and Jack arrived the day before. The scene we saw with Teal’c and Daniel just arriving was the next day. I refuse to accept any other interpretation. sticks fingers in ears LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
      My husband and I have agreed the same thing!!!!! I don't even know why they had to invite Danny and T at all-----harrumph!
      Originally posted by Zoser
      One day at least - maybe more. Jack looks a little tired and they are just fishing!
      Ooooohhhh......I like that interpretation even better!!!!! Go, Zoser, go!
      Uh, sorry - don't know where my brain is today! For some reason every time I think RDA I think ...CENSORED...
      Oh, gee.....that's an everyday occurrence with me. You mean you don't always think that way?

Comment

Hi Shipper Friends!!!

OK, I sure hope this gets posted. It's my third try to tell how I became a shipper.

Well, I was a Lord of the Rings fan. Big time!!! After The Return of the King, I was without the Aragorn and Arwen Ship not to mention, but I will, the action, adventure, fantasy, magic and delightfulness of Tolkien's Middle Earth!!

So, I'm looking for a new "hobby!" I'm surfing on TV and come across Stargate. I'd seen commercials and surfed past episodes but never stopped until one fateful day!! I don't know which episode I watched but it was....interesting!!! RDA is so hot!!! I watched more and regularly. I noticed a spark between Sam and Jack!! Well, I am nothing if not a good hobbyist and I went to Google to find out more about Stargate. This led me to SciFi Channel and links and a transcript of an interview with Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping. She was responding to questions about Jack and Sam and Shippers. Shippers?? What are Shippers?

Back to Google! I type in Stargate SG-1, shippers!!! Wow!!! Wowee!!! Gotta love Google!!

I discovered Sam and Jack FANFICTION!!! Shipper Heaven!!! I kinda felt like a kid in a candy store!!!

Then, I found Gateworld and lurked, alot, before joining what has turned out to be a terrific place with all of you!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone! I skimmed over what I missed but I really didn't read anything (sorry everyone). I was just in a car accident so I don't want to fight my computer to go back *tries to count how many pages*

Anyway anything big I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
            Hi everyone! I skimmed over what I missed but I really didn't read anything (sorry everyone). I was just in a car accident so I don't want to fight my computer to go back *tries to count how many pages*

Car accident?? Are you OK??
            sigpic

Comment

(((Cathain))). Are you ok? Were you injured?

No, I don't think you missed anything big.
              always and forever
              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

you ok.... car accident .... sit down

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                  Just been over on the Sams a great character thread and found, courtesy of Nearly Circular, a transcript of the interview with AT that's in the new sg1 official magazine. I'm thinking it's probably the interview that has been discussed recently over here but thought I'd post the link for those who haven't got the magazine (like me) and who might like to read it. Does indeed make interesting reading!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=13680
                  Thanks for posting this Billie. I'd not seen the whole article before, so it was hard to get a real feel for what Amanda was saying. I understand now why some people were so upset reading that last line. I see the point AT was making - a lot of people did feel that all the angst was weakening Sam - and to an extent I did too. I just thought that was the cause of that, not Jack. I've always understood the "nothing can happen while Jack's the CO" and respected it as their integrity over-riding their feelings, so the angst to me was a symbol of their respect for each other and the importance of what they were achieving at SGC. (With the understanding that once the Goa'uld were defeated, S&J would be an item )

I was really pleased to read what Ann SGCFan posted that AT had gone ballistic over the proposal and Sam's acceptance - cos that shows she really is on the same wavelength as us shippers. Sam has never been unsure of her feelings for Jack. Again, I think that's where TPTB made Sam look weak - it undermined all those years of angst. AT was so right to protest about it.

Finally (phew) I too hope to see kick-a$$ Sam back this season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sam is weak because she angsts over Jack but she's not weak when she gets lovey-dovey with some guy who insists on treating her like a little girl?
                    I don't get it. Grrrrrrrrr!
                    Excuse me, I have to go before I blow a gasket!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      Car accident?? Are you OK??
                      Originally posted by scjon
                      (((Cathain))). Are you ok? Were you injured?

No, I don't think you missed anything big.
                      Originally posted by gatebee
                      you ok.... car accident .... sit down

I'm ok I think, I may have hurt my neck and I got a burn on my arm. The car...well the back right side is pretty much gone but it still drives. It was a hit and run but thankfully our city cops found and arrested the men!

Comment

Cathain - Glad to see you are ok (relatively speaking) and that you found time to join us tonight regardless! You're showing Shipper Devotion to the MAX - well over and above the call of duty

*mmm - maybe that deserves a Shipper Medal*

sigpic

Comment

Welcome, Irishchick!
                          Welcome, Alex_O'neill
                          Welcome back, samisjacksgal!

Cathain, glad to hear you're ok!
                          Originally posted by UhSir
                          Sam is weak because she angsts over Jack but she's not weak when she gets lovey-dovey with some guy who insists on treating her like a little girl?
                          I don't get it. Grrrrrrrrr!
                          Excuse me, I have to go before I blow a gasket!
                          Tell me about it! It was just SO out of character for her to be in THAT relationship!

Comment

I'm ok I think, I may have hurt my neck and I got a burn on my arm. The car...well the back right side is pretty much gone but it still drives. It was a hit and run but thankfully our city cops found and arrested the men!
                            (((((((Cathain)))))) That sounds terrible. I'm glad you sound so calm.
                            Have you had your neck checked? Wiplash is very unconfortable and can go on for a long time.

Comment

Cathain - Glad to see you are ok (relatively speaking) and that you found time to join us tonight regardless! You're showing Shipper Devotion to the MAX - well over and above the call of duty

*mmm - maybe that deserves a Shipper Medal*

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Cathain, glad to hear you're ok!
                              Originally posted by jafacakes
                              (((((((Cathain)))))) That sounds terrible. I'm glad you sound so calm.
                              Have you had your neck checked? Wiplash is very unconfortable and can go on for a long time.
                              Aww! Thanks Oma for the metal *shows it off proudly*

(((((sg-1fanintn)))))

And jafacakes I haven't, the accident just happened maybe two hours ago and I came home. Right now I'm just trying to ignore it (probably not the best plan...)

Comment

I hope you were checked out by EMTs. You could have whiplash and/or concussion, even if you didn't bag your head. Was an EMT-if you develop a severe head ache or dizziness-please go to the hospital. If anything go to your regular doctor and get check-up, encase something does pop-up, you might need it for insurance reason or against the case of the other drivers. Every state has its own regulation. The Police usually can give you more details. I hope you feel better.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X