Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sueKay - Oh good. I'm sorry I yelled earlier.

fanfic writers - Do what sueKay says and get your butts over there! I never know where to find shipper fanfic so this will be great.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      Not so good if you were Chakotay/Janeway shipper..as TPTB encouraged us to be, with some intensely shippy episodes (the one where she died was an absolute favourite), and the basic message was that you only get your man if you're a space bimbo in a silver jumpsuit, and not if you're an intelligent, older woman with authority.

Enterprise had Will and Deanna in the final episode..so I just sat back and enjoyed some new shippy moments for one of the greatest ships of all time (and it was resolved, too!)

I never followed Star treck Voyager as such but the first episode I saw, I spotted the Janeway /Chakotay ship immediately .
      I liked Will/Deanna too but still didn't really follow the show as a fan .
      I only watched 3 or 4 episodes of Star Treck enterprise but didn't seem to get an interest for me ..May be it was because I was hooked on Stargate at the time and didn't care much about anything else while I was catching up .
      Now obviously that the Sam and Jack ship is over , It's easy to move on and I just finished my 4 th Lost video " Falling for you" which I think is fantastic for the Kate/Jack ship with the angst thrown in it too .

and Sam and Jack are TOGETHER now oh and I became a Sam and Jack shipper after watching "the Broca divide" which was the first episode I saw . From then on I had to catch up .Glad I did it but I'm glad to ship for others too now

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 18 August 2005, 12:32 PM.

Comment

UhSir - Visit http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm for some great ship fic. This site is one of the reasons why I haven't been around much lately! The Chosen Hearts ship fic series is addictive!!

Also check out sueKays ship fic - the gal sure can write!! (An A in English I believe wasn't it sueKay?!)

Comment

*blushes*

Yup, and thank you Billie!

You know I'm trawling through the archive and I'm at post 1351 at the moment and only have 7 links

We sure do promote a lot more now!!!!!!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey Suekay - Have you seen the dates for Gatecon UK have changed!

Comment

Somnium - Yup!!! Even better - more time for me to save up!!!!!

Cannot wait to meet Colin Cunningham!!!!!!!!!!!

And on topic...I now have 8 LINKS! Woo hoo!
              sigpic

Comment

Just been over on the Sams a great character thread and found, courtesy of Nearly Circular, a transcript of the interview with AT that's in the new sg1 official magazine. I'm thinking it's probably the interview that has been discussed recently over here but thought I'd post the link for those who haven't got the magazine (like me) and who might like to read it. Does indeed make interesting reading!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=13680

Comment

Hows about a behind the scenes piccy?

Thinking RDAs sneezing but I could be wrong!!

Comment

I don't really know how I became a shipper. I started watching stargate on dvd and watched the whole first season in a little over a week, so I don't remember a particular moment, it just happened. I tend to ship on every show I watch, so I think it was almost immediate.

Sig by Suekay

come visit Stargate Intel

Comment

Oh I am so going to regret this, I just know it, but this keeps eating at me.

Re: the AT article, AT wanting the Pete story, etc.

I don’t keep up with every detail of these things, but the way I understand it, AT suggested that maybe there could be a guy for Sam that didn’t die but just came into her life for a while and then moved on. TPTB took this idea and ran with it in an entirely different direction. They took a pinch of lover’s triangle and a smidgen of ticking biological clock then stirred in too much sappy dweeb. That is not what AT was asking for.

Comment

Hmm, when I did I become a shipper... For me there is a difference in being a hopelessly romantic and a shipper

I've always been a HR and I want everybody to get together I've watched SG almost since the begining and I loooovvved RDA/J and I liked Sam for him , loved the AU eps but honestly did not focus on the ship...

When I saw the previews for Grace I was like "Waaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!" I could not believe it and that is when my shippy heart started to beat.... I was very dissapointed and was not suprised that TPTB had cheated on me

When I saw Threads.... I was, woooohoooo they are so together and I could not resist the urge to know what had happened... I started googling every stargate site and found Gateworld, I thought it was so good... I saw that spoilers were coming from a JM thread, whent to the thread, posted a shippy question and had OMA, SueKay and Majorsal invite me to the shipper thread and THEN.... became a shipper, I started watching SG all over again and it was just amazing, I re-discovered my fav show and fanfics ....

((((((((((Thanks Shipper Family))))))))))))

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

(((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))

Bet you're glad we bugged ya to join...since you now have made some RL friends here!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

When did I first become a shipper ... Solitudes! After watching the episode I was ohhhing and ahhhing at all the Jack and Sam scenes. Espically in the end when she thinks they are dying and she came back to be with him. I saw the possibilty then.

Into the Fire was another great J/S episode where Sam went back after Jack. Jack was willing to sacrfice himself for Sam (okay technically for Daniel too) Of course D&C and WoO was the deciding factor!

Comment

I found this on GW today. Beware, it's a spoiler for the second half of S9.
                              Spoiler:
                              Mitchell soon grows restless, but Daniel assures him of the importance of this mission. Stargate Command desperately needs the support of the I.O.A. -- especially China, which is apparently on the fence. Three years ago China, Great Britain, and France joined Russia and the United States in signing the Gate Alliance Treaty ("Disclosure"), which promised that in exchange for the U.S. military's continued operation of the program they would share all off-world technology procured through the gate. But the U.S. apparently hasn't kept up its end of the agreement, instead interpretting the agreement as referring to all non-military technology.

When I read this, I thought......hmmmm......will they try to blame this on Jack?
                              Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              I'm actually enjoying reading the comments from people who are actually positive about the article and about Sam/Jack ship in general because, I have to admit, that ever since Moebius I've been pretty pesimistic about the whole thing and feeling like there will never be any kind of resolution one way or another. I felt like they missed the perfect chance (with RDA leaving) to address the relationship definitively once and for all and it...irked me that they didn't. So it's nice to come here and see the optimistic stuff that people write.
                              Don't give up the Ship, Shipmum!!! Gee, that sounds funny.....
                              Anyway, they didn't address it because
                              Spoiler:
                              that was what we expected! They're planning to hit us with it when we least expect it, because Jack will be back!

And, * cough * on the slim chance I'm proven wrong, I'll just cry.

Comment

How/ when did I became a shipper ?
                                Hmmm, funnily enough I have the anti-shippers to thank for .
                                Beeing a late developer I only started watching Stargate from S7 . Loved the Sam Daniel interaction in Fallen and my first contact with the Stargate online comunity turned out to be a very anti Sam Jack site. They could see ship in any scene they had together . Their reactions to Evolution I and II were so sanguine I was expecting the full fireworks. Anyway by that time I thought it was a very one sided relationship with Jack doing most of it, my little heart still pinning for Daniel and Sam if any.
                                By the strange circumstances of British broadcasting with S7 on Sky ,S6 on C4 and daily episodes of S 2, 3 and 4 on Sky afternoons I soon saw what they were talking about. All the little gestures, looks, smiles were full of shippiness. And of course the big teases from TPTB from Sam's introduction in CotG through all the kisses in the AU episodes and WoO. Probably In the line of duty was the one I got convinced.

Comment

Working...
                                X