Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

michelleb, Gateworld has been locking up the browser on me when I try to reply with the regular Quote. I never have a problem using the QR. Frustrating! What I've been doing if I want to quote someone is, first use the Quote, select the text, copy, and then use Back in the browser. I paste the text into my word processor, type my stuff, select and copy. Go to the browser and use the QR, paste and Post. It hasn't locked up on me that way. (Crosses fingers and knocks on wood. Ow!)

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      Not so good if you were Chakotay/Janeway shipper..as TPTB encouraged us to be, with some intensely shippy episodes (the one where she died was an absolute favourite), and the basic message was that you only get your man if you're a space bimbo in a silver jumpsuit, and not if you're an intelligent, older woman with authority.

Enterprise had Will and Deanna in the final episode..so I just sat back and enjoyed some new shippy moments for one of the greatest ships of all time (and it was resolved, too!)
      didn't the ship between ryker and troi take about 100 years (well not exactly but...) and I believe that by the time that happened-no-one really cared anymore.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        didn't the ship between ryker and troi take about 100 years (well not exactly but...) and I believe that by the time that happened-no-one really cared anymore.
        Oh, I cared. I cared very much. And I was so happy they got together in the end. And one of the best ship books ever..Imzadi, by Peter David..was written about those two.
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

*coughs abruptly*

IF YOU WANT ADDED TO THE SHIPPER SITE...PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST! OTHERWISE THE SITE WILL BE EMPTY!!!!!!

suekay - http://www.stargate-intel.tk
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_O'neill
            Thanks for your story !
            Great Job !

All shippers would be always optimistic til the end of stargate
            thank you I wanted to go on with the pictorial but my PB went on maintenance or something

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
              hiya guys,

just catching up on posts don't get a look in when the kids on holidays with the pc,RDA married???????????in one way i wish him the best another i wanted him
              This interview with AT i would'nt worry about it,lets just keep hoping!!!
              right be back later gonna read suekay's fic's.

wynterxx
              We shouldn't worry too much about anything. I am confident that in time, Sam and Jack will be married. And we shall all be invited.

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal
                i failed....
                *major sob*

S/J all the way
                sorry to hear that ....

Jack and Sam feel your pain

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  *coughs abruptly*

IF YOU WANT ADDED TO THE SHIPPER SITE...PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST! OTHERWISE THE SITE WILL BE EMPTY!!!!!!

suekay - http://www.stargate-intel.tk
                  *hands sueKay a glass of water*

Well, sueKay, I’m still trying to figure out WHAT THE HECK YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. *coughs*

Ahem, are you done with that? *takes the glass of water back*

I went to the site but I don’t see what you are talking about.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. RL claimed me. Had to attend a funeral and a wedding this week-less than 24 hours apart.

How/when did I become a shipper?

Well, it all started when my husband brought home the season 1 boxed set. I thought I saw something there in COTG, then Singularity, Solitudes, There By The Grace of God etc, etc.

The next episode I saw was 2010 (on channel 4) and as Sam was married to Ambassador Joe, I wondered if I was going mad, but especially after the cabin scene, I still knew there was something there with Jack, even if TPTB weren't going to pursue it.

We eventually got seasons 2, 3 & 4 on DVD. I was still sure there was something there, but wondered if it was deliberate or I was just being an incurable romantic. When I saw A Hundred Days I was initially so irritated by Lara, that I actually forgot to note Sam's reaction to Janet's "You miss him? Is this a problem?"

Anyway, when I watched D & C, I actually felt physical relief at the fact that my suspicions had been confirmed "Yay!! I'm not going mad (well any more so than usual )". I also got to see WoO before my husband did. When he asked me what had happened I simply said "Jack kissed Sam". My husband replied "Ok and what else happened?"

It wasn't until about a year and a half ago that I discovered the online fandom and that there was a technical term for people like me - "shipper". and I've been online ever since....

Apologies, that was probably far more detail than you wanted or needed,. If there was a word limit, I've blasted it out of the water. Ah nostalgia.....
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      ((((((Welcome back Shipperahoy)))))))), it's such an honor to meet you ... you are such a legend here

Regarding S/J, those comments do not worry me, because we all know that Sam and Jack ARE together...
                      totally agree they are together. They are just keeping everything a secret so as not to interfere with the greater threat to the planet.

And when the day comes and they can announce it to one and all, a gran wedding shall be had.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just popping in to say hello. I hope everyone who got their A Level results did well.

And for those that didn't do so well, I offer you cake.

Also want to welcome the new people to the family. WELCOME

And as for how I became an S/J Shipper... I don't actually recall becoming one, I just was. LOL I don't really know, right from the word 'go' I was a shipper. My friend Sara introduced me to Stargate years and years ago, and she happened to be a shipper, although I'm not sure if she is now, so she kind of influenced the angle at which I started watching the show. The first episode I watched was 'Children of the Gods', and we all know what happens in 'that' episode.

After that I watched Season 2 episodes, and then a little while after that I was watching Season 4 episodes so... who knows where it began.

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                          Apologies, that was probably far more detail than you wanted or needed,.
                          No apology needed. I enjoyed all of the details.

It's the little bits of ship in seasons 1, 2 & 3 that were so great. I love all of the shippiness in season 4, but I feel it also caused a lot of harm from a production standpoint and that resulted in a lot of the misery we have to deal with now.

Comment

Evening All! ((()))

Just got in from work and have been catching up on posts, so sorry if some of this is from a little while back.

UhSir - You are so lucky to be able to have those kinda convo's with your man, mine just thinks Im crazy and ignores anything I have to say about Stargate. I love your take on S&J arriving at the Cabin a few days before Teal'c and Daniel

Suekay - Would love to say I have something to add to your lil Directory but alas no! On the other hand I have next week off work and have been contemplating writing my first fic, got this crazy idea that wont leave my head, so maybe Ill try my hand at that. Not making no promises tho!

I cant remember when I became a shipper it just kind came to me one day, I think Id been shipping since season 1 but it had just never dawned on me. I started watching SG1 when it first aired on SKY but then I moved out of my parents and the boyf' wouldnt let me get sky . So ditched boyf' for a new one who did let me have sky started watching again about season 6(missed 2 and a half seasons by then), got addicted started buying the DVDs (and way too much other stuff) and its all been shippy since then really.

Comment

Uhsir - I'm compiling a Shipper Directory of links to all the sites run or made by people here...Anthing can be included...blogs, fics etc...

Somnium - go write that fic!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                Ummm . . . It was Amanda who pushed for the Pete storyline, and in my book, that's about as wrong as you can get for the fans of the ship. So I disagree with this statement: she knew what we shippers wanted and intentionally pushed for the exact opposite.

I know, I know - some liked or didn't mind the storyline, but I did. So this is just MO. Not bashing the woman - just the act.
                                Hi all, I know this subject was brought up yesterday, but I'm just now coming online. I realize no one is bashing AT. I just wanted to share MHO on it, and it's okay if you disagree (no hard feelings). I too was a little disappointed when AT wanted Sam's personal life developed more, because Jack was still her CO. However, after thinking about it for a while I finally decided this could be a good thing. If this forces Jack and Sam both to wake up and smell the roses, then go for it. I liked Kerry for Jack because it didn't last and Jack realized that Sam is the woman for him. If the writers would have developed Pete like this it would have gone over a lot better (well that and his stalker side never existed). Sam did finally come to realize Jack was the man for her at the end of Threads. Even during the dark days of Pete, Sam and Jack had some ship moments making Sam realize Jack is the only man for her.

AT did have a fit when she found out that Pete proposed and Sam accepted! AT went to Robert Cooper and complained that Sam would not do this!! RC calmed her down and told her how they planned to take the story, and AT didn't have a choice but to accept it. (I'm still searching through my articles and tapes to find where she said this, but I remember it clearly and I breathed a sigh of relief.) To keep her job she had to be happy that Sam was in a relationship, just not with the person Sam would have chosen. I’m sure she knew it was going to end, because they had already planned Threads. I can always be happy in a bad situation if I know it’s going to end soon.

Okay there is my 2 cents worth. So I am staying positive that AT is a shipper and that Jack will be back!

Has anyone received their S8 DVD’s? Someone said they had theirs and there is a shirtless RDA in it behind the scenes director series for Threads!! I was wondering if anyone else could confirm.
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 18 August 2005, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X