X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    *looks around quickly*

Erm MB? Do you think we scared everyone away?

Oooooops
    And why might you say that?

Could it be because we're PRACTICALLY the only two people posting on this page...

Hmm. Nope. Don't see it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      We'll ALWAYS agree on that one!!!

How did you feel about Narim (Enigma/Pretense/Between two Fires).

I mean he still might be alive you know! Just because the radio transmission died doesn't mean he did as well...

He could still be out there pining for Sam!
      You want me to be really honest? Well, you asked!

I kinda felt sorry for him. I mean, his planet was destroyed the first time by a volcano, and the second by the goa'uld. How much worse does it get!

As far as his ship for Sam, I kinda felt sorry for him there too. I did cringe at the angel bit though soooo twee. It was obvious that Sam liked him, but didn't return the same depth of emotion.

Bearing in mind, I only saw Enigma about 6 months ago when I got S1, Sam & Jack were already firmly established for me. If I had seen it in order, I don't know how I would have felt.

But Narim turned out to be such a sweetie and such a good guy with bucket loads of (dare I say it?) INTEGRITY it's impossible to dislike him.

I saw lots of eps in a really strange order cos I first started watching reruns on cable and only saw from second half of S5 in order. The strange thing is I did manage to see the Martouf S3/4 story line pretty much in order, but cos I hadn't seen In The Line Of Duty or Tok'Ra I just found it confusing. I mean, when you don't know who the Tok'ra are, it gets really confusing when everybody has 2 names! Then I saw D&C, went wild with glee, and never worried about Martouf again Meant I could appreciate him for his devotion to Jolinar and then to Sam, and his willingness to make the Tau'ri / Tok'ra alliance work.
      sigpic

Comment

you think you are the only two on...but really you're not *giggles nefariously* we are watching you...yes watching...hehehehehehehehehehehehe
        -you know your crazy right?
        -...yes
        -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
          My concern about this is that, since we pretty much know that RDA's time on the show in S9 is going to be pretty much non-existent, if they give us anything shippy, it'll be something stupid like Jack in somebody else's body or, God forbid, another AU with the same. How can they possibly give us ship if one of the pair isn't around?
          We could always petition for a movie , I don't think TPTB would ever consider doing a movie without RDA and RDA saying no.... they thought about it once, why not again

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

You want me to be really honest? Well, you asked!

I kinda felt sorry for him. I mean, his planet was destroyed the first time by a volcano, and the second by the goa'uld. How much worse does it get!

As far as his ship for Sam, I kinda felt sorry for him there too. I did cringe at the angel bit though soooo twee. It was obvious that Sam liked him, but didn't return the same depth of emotion.

Bearing in mind, I only saw Enigma about 6 months ago when I got S1, Sam & Jack were already firmly established for me. If I had seen it in order, I don't know how I would have felt.

But Narim turned out to be such a sweetie and such a good guy with bucket loads of (dare I say it?) INTEGRITY it's impossible to dislike him.

I saw lots of eps in a really strange order cos I first started watching reruns on cable and only saw from second half of S5 in order. The strange thing is I did manage to see the Martouf S3/4 story line pretty much in order, but cos I hadn't seen In The Line Of Duty or Tok'Ra I just found it confusing. I mean, when you don't know who the Tok'ra are, it gets really confusing when everybody has 2 names! Then I saw D&C, went wild with glee, and never worried about Martouf again Meant I could appreciate him for his devotion to Jolinar and then to Sam, and his willingness to make the Tau'ri / Tok'ra alliance work.
            I loved Narim's home voice system...In Between Two Fires...the look on her face...

SAM'S VOICE: Greeting, Narim. Welcome home. Atmospheric control is active. Shall I prepare a mid day meal for you and your guests?
            NARIM: No, thank you.
            SAM: Narim?
            NARIM: Yes, Samantha?
            SAM: Is that my voice?
            NARIM: I'm sorry. I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

Narim sensed something was different with Sam in Pretense and we know that she was at least considering a relationship with him but had to first sort out her Sam vs. Jolinar emotions...

But then by Between Two Fires, the vibe between them was definitely different. He still had a crush on her but she only mildly appreciated it. It was clear that she didn't have the same depth of feelings for him that he had for her.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
              Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.
              Welcome Nikki you are going to love it here!!! I can say from a first hand Newbie, that it's all about love, shipping, fishing, family and cake...

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

(((shipper family)))
                It's been too long since I've properly posted here. Watching D&C has reawakened my almost dormant ( ) shipper passion.
                I think I may go and right a fanfic dealing with
                Spoiler:
                how S and J cope when they have to do the long distance relationship thing in s9...

I can dream, can I not?? Although my spec on s9 is
                Spoiler:
                that we'll here absolutely zippety squat on the S/J front. It'll all be up to us to interpret...
                Still, I've been wrong a million times before.

Comment

OMG!!!! I never watched One Hundred Days, I think I'm going to have a heart attack this friday

So many things to look at....

THAT'S IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I LOVE MY SHIPPER FAMILY.... You open my EYES TO THE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the begining it was just LOVE for RDA, then it was LOVE for S/J, I mean, who wouldn't want to be here and now being her I'm just discovering a whole new world... THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    I loved Narim's home voice system...In Between Two Fires...the look on her face...

SAM'S VOICE: Greeting, Narim. Welcome home. Atmospheric control is active. Shall I prepare a mid day meal for you and your guests?
                    NARIM: No, thank you.
                    SAM: Narim?
                    NARIM: Yes, Samantha?
                    SAM: Is that my voice?
                    NARIM: I'm sorry. I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

Narim sensed something was different with Sam in Pretense and we know that she was at least considering a relationship with him but had to first sort out her Sam vs. Jolinar emotions...

But then by Between Two Fires, the vibe between them was definitely different. He still had a crush on her but she only mildly appreciated it. It was clear that she didn't have the same depth of feelings for him that he had for her.
                    I loved that bit too! Like she wouldn't notice And T just raises the eyebrow Great stuff.

See, now (oh no here I go again!) Sam was flattered by Narim in Enigma, but I thought that she hadn't really considered starting anything with Narim and was sorting out the whole Jolinar/Martouf thing first.

But it wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood something! I think I may have posted this already once, (if I have I apologise for repeating myself ) but I thought in Grace
                    Spoiler:
                    when Jack said I'm a safe bet he meant Sam wouldn't have to worry about him hurting her and was encouraging her to start a relationship with him! Then the kiss!
                    I'm sure you can imagine how horrified I was at Chimera I was ranting in disbelief at the TV

Er ... where was I? .... Narim.

I think Sam really liked him, was very flattered by his feelings for her, but was never able to return them - intially because of shock (Enigma) - he left so quickly after making the depth of his feelings known. (I'm sure Sam suspected something before cos he wasn't exactly backward about coming forward.) Then dealing with the aftermath of Jolinar, and then by S5 she was in love with Jack, and poor Narim had missed the boat. He realised it, but was still selfless enough and had enough integrity to sacrifice his whole planet to do the right thing.

Narim didn't seem like hero material when we first met him in Engima, but tptb wrote some great character development for him, as well as dealing with the N/S ship really well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                      (((shipper family)))
                      It's been too long since I've properly posted here. Watching D&C has reawakened my almost dormant ( ) shipper passion.
                      I think I may go and right a fanfic dealing with
                      Spoiler:
                      how S and J cope when they have to do the long distance relationship thing in s9...

I can dream, can I not?? Although my spec on s9 is
                      Spoiler:
                      that we'll here absolutely zippety squat on the S/J front. It'll all be up to us to interpret...
                      Still, I've been wrong a million times before.
                      I'm happy to say I disagree with you here (although I TOO have been wrong a million times before).

Let's observe some facts here, shall we?
                      Spoiler:
                      Without Jack at the SGC
                      the anti-shippers don't have the long standing argument against ship (other than the fact that they just don't see any chemistry between the two)...and that is that it would interfere with the team and would go against USAF regs.
                      Spoiler:
                      With Jack as potentially a civilian at Home World Security,
                      that problem's gone.

I don't honestly believe TPTB would be stupid enough to focus on the
                      Spoiler:
                      end of Sam's relationship with Pete and Jack's relationship with Kerry
                      if they were going to completely drop the topic like a hot potato. I mean, the issue has now been discussed. They aren't avoiding the ship...they've delved into it!

It would be criminally stupid to completely ignore it next season, as it will cost them a massive part of their fan base. IMHO, anti-shippers who hated
                      Spoiler:
                      the shippiness of Affinity, Threads, Citizen Joe and Moebius
                      are already offended...the "damage" has been done on this point for them. (Again, just my HO). So, the only thing result of avoiding any J/S ship in Season 9 would be the alienation of the very fan base they sought to show some support for at the end of Season 8...as I don't believe it would make anti-shippers happier; because like I said before, for them, the damage is done.

Do I expect another Threads? No, of course not. In fact, it wouldn't even be appropriate, I think. Threads was great in having
                      Spoiler:
                      both Sam and Jack make massive changes in their personal lives opening the door to a future together
                      and is unnecessary to repeat.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam realized that just being willing to share your life with SOMEONE is not what "Jacob" was trying to instruct her in Grace. She realized it had to really mean something and be with someone she really truly loved and WANTED to be with. Jack tried to move on in his own way...but of course, it was never really serious and clearly never would have been. Kerry caught the vibe between them immediately and knew it was time to bail out before she was in too deep. I have to wonder if she hadn't pulled the plug, if Jack would have. But thank goodness for Kerry reminding him that he had options and that life was too short to sacrifice happiness for strict adherence regulations.

I do expect subtleties though. A little here, a little there...just enough to keep our interest piqued until hopefully before the end of the series, a real open acknowledgement of ship between the two...like a big honkin' kiss!

And I actually think that
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack's not being there
                      will actually make the show better as a whole because after a while, the characters interactions cannot help but be weighed down by the ship. Now Sam can focus on being a great team leader
                      Spoiler:
                      now that her personal life has some resolution

Comment

((((((((((((((((((LUNAR))))))))))))))))))))))))

Good to *see* ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm convinced that the ship's in....CONVINCED!!!!!

BTW - Have you heard ANYTHING from MichelleB as of late? She dissappeared Feb' 28th and hasn't been online since...I've got an overactive imagination, so I'm really worried.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by tauripeg
                          Good morning Shippers, I have'nt stopped by in a while. But I wanted to check on everyone. This may have been discussed already, but how many shippers are planning on watching season 9? I know I am, I will at least give it a try.
                          i'm going to give season nine a try, but i'm prob waiting until the sixth ep when sam comes back. besides being a huge shipper, i'm also a huge sam fan, so watching the first five eps without sam sounds pretty boring for me. i'll prob record the eps i know jack's going to be in (first and third), and then play back just his parts. i'm not trying to diss the show, but my main interests for me for this show now are sam, sam/jack, and jack. as a sam fan/shipper said once, 'wake me when sam comes back'.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved that bit too! Like she wouldn't notice And T just raises the eyebrow Great stuff.

See, now (oh no here I go again!) Sam was flattered by Narim in Enigma, but I thought that she hadn't really considered starting anything with Narim and was sorting out the whole Jolinar/Martouf thing first.

But it wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood something! I think I may have posted this already once, (if I have I apologise for repeating myself ) but I thought in Grace
                            Spoiler:
                            when Jack said I'm a safe bet he meant Sam wouldn't have to worry about him hurting her and was encouraging her to start a relationship with him! Then the kiss!
                            I'm sure you can imagine how horrified I was at Chimera I was ranting in disbelief at the TV

Er ... where was I? .... Narim.

I think Sam really liked him, was very flattered by his feelings for her, but was never able to return them - intially because of shock (Enigma) - he left so quickly after making the depth of his feelings known. (I'm sure Sam suspected something before cos he wasn't exactly backward about coming forward.) Then dealing with the aftermath of Jolinar, and then by S5 she was in love with Jack, and poor Narim had missed the boat. He realised it, but was still selfless enough and had enough integrity to sacrifice his whole planet to do the right thing.

Narim didn't seem like hero material when we first met him in Engima, but tptb wrote some great character development for him, as well as dealing with the N/S ship really well.
                            I think we're both right about Sam's feelings regarding Narim...Here's the dialogue from PRETENSE:
                            SAM is standing by a pond and NARIM walks up behind her.

NARIM : SAMANTHA. I hope you’ve not waited long.
                            SAM: No. Thank you for coming.
                            NARIM : It is my pleasure. In fact, I am pleased that we can finally be alone together.
                            SAM: NARIM, I asked you to meet me because I need your help.
                            NARIM : SAMANTHA I…I have missed you.
                            SAM: A lot’s happened to me since I last saw you.
                            NARIM : There is another.
                            SAM: No! Not in the way that you mean. You see, I was blended with a Tok’ra, and she died to save my life. I still have her memories and her feelings.
                            NARIM : And she is part of you?
                            SAM: Yes. I can’t have a relationship with anyone until I’m absolutely sure whose feelings I’m…feeling. Do you understand?

So I think that she might have at least considered a relationship with him because she knew how he felt for her and did feel at least something for him...but the timing was never right.

And then his planet was destroyed.

Comment

Uber, brilliant assessment of... well everything! You've really put me in a ship positive mood.
                              Suekay, I haven't heard anything from MichelleB either...

Comment

Narim...hate the guy...Narim was smart, but oh so very scary with Sam's voice on his computer...at least Pete had the fact that his IQ was very small to make up for his odd behaviour.

Now Martouf and Orlin I liked!

With regards to s9
                                Spoiler:
                                There's no WAY Jack and Daniel can talk without bringing up SG1, and I think and hope TPTB have cashed in on that by having a mention of that...I hope in the ep that Sam comes back, we'll have Sam and Jack talk or have Sam on the phone to him...

Maybe we'll have eps where Sam will be in her lab on the phone and finish a convo saying 'I love you...bye' then Jack can walk in and say 'how's Jack?' and sam can say 'fine...I was just talking to him'

Stuff like that would be great!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X