This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    The full version threads was only aired on US TV once...they'll show the edited version from now on.

(((((((((((((HUGS TO ALL THE SHIPPERS GETTING THEIR A LEVEL RESULTS TODAY)))))))))))

i failed....
    *major sob*

S/J all the way
    Carolyn

Comment

((((((((((((((Carolyn)))))))))))))))))

I've sent you a PM
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Ooohmph! Ow. Talk about tough love. It's nice to see you again too.

I'm actually enjoying reading the comments from people who are actually positive about the article and about Sam/Jack ship in general because, I have to admit, that ever since Moebius I've been pretty pesimistic about the whole thing and feeling like there will never be any kind of resolution one way or another. I felt like they missed the perfect chance (with RDA leaving) to address the relationship definitively once and for all and it...irked me that they didn't. So it's nice to come here and see the optimistic stuff that people write.
        ((((((Welcome back Shipperahoy)))))))), it's such an honor to meet you ... you are such a legend here

Regarding S/J, those comments do not worry me, because we all know that Sam and Jack ARE together...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

A note of interest...

Fan letter from Stargate Magazine from issue 05...

What can I say about Stargate SG1 an Stargate Atlantis season finales? Absolutely brilliant! Congratulations to both casts and crews for two most enjoyable series. It's about time Sam and Jack got together
          From Sheila Web, Bristol

So some fans do think they're together

Note - extract of letter...the rest of it is about Atlantis.
          sigpic

Comment

Just a quick drive by post as am on my lunch

I realised we a few new people who I hadnt taken a mo to welcome, so Hello and welcome to all of you. Make yourselves comfy and dont be shy

To all those A level students getting results today, I hope you all got what you wanted/need. But if you didnt then dont worry its not the end of the world, at least you saw them thru I dropped out after my first year.

(((((((((((Everyone in the shipper family))))))))))))))

Comment

Well...finally got a template for the shipper family directory!

I'll let you see a preview later, but right now RL calls!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                Anywho...does anyone like my new sig? I don't know which one I like better my old "In the shadow of the gate" or this one??? Help...I need a poll. Yes? or no?
                Yes keep your old "In The Shadow Of The Gate" he is better I love It
                Jack/Sam Forever

Comment

Gate Girl - I agre with Alex...I like your new one, but your "In the Shadow of thw Gate" is perfection!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                    The aired version on TV did not contain certain scenes in the DVD version of Threads... the DVD version is a special 84 minute edition. I do enjoy the concerned looks Jack gives Sam... but I didn't appreciate the position TPTB put her it. Perhaps it was essential to the plot... in helping Sam come to her decision with Pete...maybe it solidified her doubts about the wedding :s

Anywho...does anyone like my new sig? I don't know which one I like better my old "In the shadow of the gate" or this one??? Help...I need a poll. Yes? or no?
                    In the Shadow of the Gate! i love that sig.-It's beautifully done!
                    sigpic

Comment

Gate Girl - I agre with Alex...I like your new one, but your "In the Shadow of thw Gate" is perfection!
                      Hey thanks guys... I think I'll just keep these up for a little bit...get a little input. Gotta stop with the pink though... it's just too...pink :s

BTW: http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk please vote for me if I'm nominated: It's under Louise Cauchi

Comment

I've just thought of something I don't think's ever been done on this thread!
                        ...at least I don't think so...
                        We've not actually all told each other how we became S/J shippers!
                        {snip}
                        Who's next?
                        Me! Me! Me! Please let me!

How I Became a Sam/Jack Shipper

I started watching the show from the very beginning. When Sam made her first appearance in Children of the Gods and proceeded to blast away at each male in the room I thought, “Ouch, that was overdone.”

Then in Emancipation when the old guy told the SG-1 guys that the bad guy would “partake in his newest purchase” that night and Jack responded with “Oh, there’s not a chance in hell.” I thought, well, that was not a Colonel talking about his Second-In-Command. Hmmm, interesting angle, I wonder if they’ll work it.

Then in Broca Divide when Sam attacked Jack, Jack’s responses were confirmation to me. Everything he said was an argument between himself as Jack and as the Colonel. Okay, so Jack is thinking what I’m thinking, and maybe Sam is too, but she’s a little loopy here so it’s best not to decide about her just yet. Then at the end of the show their whole conversation (which by the way starts out with my personally favorite Sam-line: Uh, sir?) about her wound, a scar and “that sweet little tank top number.” Sam stopped and, for an instant, was prepared to blast away at the no-good, male chauvinist. But she stopped herself and considered whether there may be another meaning to this man’s words.

I was on board of the S/J ship!

Comment

I thought I’d share a shippy conversation I had with my husband the other night. He’s a glass-is-half-full shipper. He’s much more optimistic than I am.

I asked him to give a rating for “Beneath the Surface” using the Gateworld rating scale.
                          Husband: Two
                          Me: What? Why?
                          Husband: Because the ending was all wrong.
                          Me: But what about the rest of the show? I thought you said it was good.
                          Husband: Sure, I’d rate the rest of it three and a half.
                          Me: There aren’t any halves on this scale.
                          Husband: Okay, then, a four.
                          Me: So, what was wrong with the ending?
                          Husband: I didn’t like that they immediately started calling each other Colonel and Major again. They were still on the planet, there wasn’t anyone else around, and there were no surveillance cameras. They could have called each other Jack and Sam, look at each other with “that” look, and then turn and head back to earth and life as usual.
                          Me: Ooo, that would have been real nice!
                          Husband: So it’s a two.
                          Me: Oh come on, be fair.
                          Husband: Two.
                          Me: Stubborn!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                            Me! Me! Me! Please let me!

How I Became a Sam/Jack Shipper

I started watching the show from the very beginning. When Sam made her first appearance in Children of the Gods and proceeded to blast away at each male in the room I thought, “Ouch, that was overdone.”

Then in Emancipation when the old guy told the SG-1 guys that the bad guy would “partake in his newest purchase” that night and Jack responded with “Oh, there’s not a chance in hell.” I thought, well, that was not a Colonel talking about his Second-In-Command. Hmmm, interesting angle, I wonder if they’ll work it.

Then in Broca Divide when Sam attacked Jack, Jack’s responses were confirmation to me. Everything he said was an argument between himself as Jack and as the Colonel. Okay, so Jack is thinking what I’m thinking, and maybe Sam is too, but she’s a little loopy here so it’s best not to decide about her just yet. Then at the end of the show their whole conversation (which by the way starts out with my personally favorite Sam-line: Uh, sir?) about her wound, a scar and “that sweet little tank top number.” Sam stopped and, for an instant, was prepared to blast away at the no-good, male chauvinist. But she stopped herself and considered whether there may be another meaning to this man’s words.

I was on board of the S/J ship!

The first episode i ever watched was Hathor, and I loved it. The next one was Solitudes, and ofcourse that IS a ship-full ep, so I immediately fell in love with Sam and Jack. My friend tried to tell me that Daniel and Sam were a better couple, and i still to this day strenuously disagree!!!!

I downloaded the attempted seduction from Broca Divide off of the web and watched it over and over again, and then I convinced my mum to order the pilot for my birthday, which really was great timing because it was actually delivered ON my birthday. From the moment Sam walked into that briefing room, I became an even bigger shipper if that was possible. Before even watching the rest of the episode, I rewinded the video about ten times just to see the chemistry between the two

Am I the only one who makes icky faces when any of Sam's deceased boyfriends or Jack's alien girlfriends come on screen? I also make loud boo-ing sounds. If I had popcorn I'd throw it at the screen!!! That's how you know you're a S/J shipper.

Any other symptoms???

Comment

Hi shippers! Long time no see. RL has been a pain lately and I haven't been able to log on and see what everyone is talking about. Glad I could take time today...

When it comes to how/when did I become a Sam/Jack shipper, I really do not have a "revelation" moment. For me it was kinda a gradual process. I guess since I didn't see SG-1 from the very beginning and had to catch up on re-runs it was bound to happen that way. I still remember thinking while watching BtS and Solitudes that there has to be something going on between these two. And after watching WoO I knew that they had to get together somehow! Since I hadn't seen S7 until I got it on DVD I didn't know how came into the picture. It was a hard pill to swallow knowing that Sam/Jack cared so deeply for each other, but couldn't be together 'cause of the regs.

I'm not giving up though!
                              -girlgater

Comment

I’ve been doing a little more thinking about S/J Ship and a resolution thereof.

What would resolve it for me (positively of course) and not be too offensive to the anti-shippers (like I care about that)? Oh, and I figure no Jack scene will ever again last longer than about one minute, so this has to be clear and concise.

Here’s what I dreamed up as my perfect resolution.

Sam is at her desk, working on the computer. Jack steps into the doorway. (à la Affinity would be okay because that was one very fine entrance, rrrrowl, woof, woof )

Jack: Hey!
                                Sam looks to the doorway, mildly startled.
                                Jack: Out of here. You. Me. Now.
                                Sam looks at her watch.
                                Sam: Oh wow! Okay, let me shut down.
                                Jack leans against the doorframe, arms folded. Sam starts moving the mouse, then stops and puts her hands on the keyboard.
                                Sam: Um…
                                Jack: That doesn’t sound like shutting down, Sam. It sounds like still working.
                                He walks to the desk, stands next to her and looks at the computer.
                                Sam: No, I am. I’m shutting down.
                                She grabs the mouse, winces at the screen, clicks the mouse a few times and closes the laptop.
                                Sam: There. All shut down. See?
                                Jack: The computer may be, but…
                                He touches her temple with one finger.
                                Jack: Your brain is on overtime.
                                Sam takes hold of Jack’s hand and stands.
                                Sam: Nope, I promise. Let’s go.
                                Jack turns and pulls Sam from behind the desk. They let their hands separate as they walk to the door.
                                Sam: I am starving. Any ideas?
                                Jack: Yes.
                                Silence. Sam glances at Jack.
                                Sam: You wanna tell me?
                                They walk out of sight down the hallway.

Comment

Working...
                                X