This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Well may be he is back with her ..why not ???!! she seems nice and may be she is the one who ended up the relationship not him to start with ..Maybe he always wanted her and by stopping work he proved it to her to be with Dauhgter and wife ..That would be lovely if it were true

Caty
    I never knew much about RDA's private life but I did not know the status of their relationship until I read the info last night. If it is accurate, I hope they are happy.

Now OT, I am trying to be spoiler-lite as you may know and I was hearing/reading the buzz last night regarding the possibility of Sam and Jack Ship in Season 9. The buzz sounded
    Spoiler:
    negative. Why am I not surprised??

How do I cope? I am a former soap opera addict (I stopped years and years ago) and no, I don't remember watching RDA back then. Anyway, if you've been a soap addict you learn to accept the ANGST of soap romance otherwise you won't survive what those shows put you through. And, not to sound sexist but I recall my generation and group of girlfriends started watching soaps at an early age! With those years of "training" I consider myself a veteran when it comes to these angst/romance stories. I still hate it and I get annoyed and angry with the writers but I still watch. And, I still watch Stargate SG-1 because they feed me just enough. Plus, I really am trying to like the new show because I am, after all, a scifi lover.

Oh, I want to see NCIS because of Mark Harmon but I've forgotten to tune in the past several weeks. Last night I saw the buzz about the season finale. Thanks Caty and others for the spoiler tags cause I don't want to know details. I like surprise!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Check out the SciFi website under characters. There is a description of each major character and then a summary of the actor's career. Under General O'Neill/RDA it says his wife, Apryl.......
      (* sg-1fanintn peers out from the desk that has been her prison for the past two frallin' weeks to see if she can sneak away to visit the Sam/Jack Ship Family at lunch *----and the coast looks clear! *)

That bio has said that for a long time (although other parts of it have been updated recently). Perhaps SciFi preferred to say "married." Or, maybe it's a long-standing error. I checked www.rdanderson.com after I read your post just to make sure. I think if he and Apryl had gotten back together and married, it would be there, and it isn't. Does anyone else know anything? And Great Lords of Cobol, if it is true, don't tell Sally!!!!!!

Now, on to that AT article that is causing so much angst. I have my own little happy spin on that. I think
      Spoiler:
      that the reason Sam's character won't have to suffer any more angst is that the UST has become RST! Her relationship with Jack has become real, so there's no longer any need to worry about it! And, with her personal life under control, she can concentrate on work.
      See? It all makes perfect sense.

Put that theory with some of the other things we've heard recently:

Spoiler:
      1. AT's remarks at Comic Con that "they'll share a few phone calls, and we'll see what happens next."

2. That Amanda has never steered fans wrong.

3. The rumor we heard that the Sam/Jack relationship would be confirmed in the 10th episode (which I believe is part one of The Fourth Horseman).

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it---for now! (* If proven wrong, I'll just cry *)

What do you think?
      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 17 August 2005, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Hello!!!

Well...I've dotted the 'i's and crossed the 't's for Uni!!! Yay!!!

Regarding the AT interview...

if you like it...

TELL PEOPLE CONSTRUCTIVELY AND CLEARLY WHY YOU LIKE IT.

If you're not sure...

READ ABOUT BOTH THE PROS AND CONS AND PICK THE ONE WHICH SUITS YOU!

And...

If you don't like it...

DON'T LAUNCH ATTACKS ON THE ACTORS OR OTHER THREAD USERS...

Alternatively...

stick your fingers in your ears, sing LA LA LA LA LA LA...

...and come back tomorrow.

[/parental penguin mode]
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

My personal view on the AT article...

I agree with AT to an extent, and I can certainly see her point of view...

think about this...

I think AT's not against the ship, but against part of the way it's written...and there are moments where Sam has looked like an indecisive love-struck fool stuck between two men...NOT a good thing.

But on the other hand...If the writers had done a decent job with the storyline...Sam would have NEVER have gotten involved with Pete and would have at least told Jack how she felt a long time ago...None of this type of negativity would exist about her character.

Affinity in particular
          Spoiler:
          was horrendous for Sam...It showed he ras being confused and weak, even though she was in a position that I'm sure other air force officers have been in...
          Because of this, people focus on her faults, and a lot of the episodes emphaasising these faults have been ones that have focused on Ship...I feel that AT has put two and two together and thinks that it is now best to focus on the professional military side of Sam.

Just MHO
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
            I kinda like this in a movie or maybe a book, when (at least for me) the story is the most important thing and such a drama gives the story more depth or significance or whatever.

But I definitely don't like the death of leading characters in a TV show, because in this case the characters are the most important element IMO, and I don't only know them for a long time, but also grew to "love" them (the way you love fictional persons ) and it feels like they are old friends, if you know what I mean.

I want them to live and entertain me for the rest of my life. LOL
            Well, to be honest, I don't normally mind when characters die at the end of a series, or die at all, because I think it's dark and dramatic and angsty and I love that. I loved the end of Blake's 7, it was perfect for the series, and I loved the ending for Forever Knight, again cos i thought it was right and I even like the episode of Andromeda where everyone died (wish Doyla had...). And when I write my original stuff, I'm always killing people off.

HOWEVER

Having said all that..I can't bear the thought of anyone dying in Stargate..not the regulars. I was deeply upset when Janet died (bring her back! I like Dr Lam...but there's always room for Janet). And I can't bear the thought that Sam and Jack might not end up together. They've both been through so much pain and death and loss in their lives, and had so little chance of happiness with each other, it would be too wrong to rob them of the years together they deserve. I love angst, but Sam/Jack dying, and them not being together is too much angst, even for me
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it---for now! (* If proven wrong, I'll just cry *)

What do you think?

I think you're absoloutely right, and I look forward to the deep and happy resumption and resoluatoin of our ship.

As for the perception of Sam as weak if involved in ship (not in reference to AT's article but in reference to the general perception of non-shippers)..
              Spoiler:
              I think it shows her in a worse light to have her accepting a proposal (wearing a girly pink suit!) from a man who see her as some sort of space-bimbo superhero than to have her loving a man who knows and loves and accepts her for who she is..Sam Carter, genius and soldier, not Samantha, ditzy, pink wearing girly girl.

But at least she came to her senses and dumped Pete. Now she just has to realise who she's really meant to be with.

Comment

What do you think?
                Thinkin' is what I've been doing a lot of, and I'm about to lose it, go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, WACKO!

So couple
                Spoiler:
                what AT said
                with the scene in Avalon
                Spoiler:
                where Jack is talking to Landry and says “I had to sign the papers to my house, and my car…motorcycle…” Not “my motorcycle” just “motorcycle.”
                Oh yeah, I’ve been doing a whole lot of thinking about that.

I hate to set my expectations too high, because I always set them way higher than I should, but here’s what I expect
                Spoiler:
                one of those phone calls to be:

SAM: All settled?
                JACK: Pretty much.
                SAM: Was there room in the garage for my motorcycle?
                JACK: Yep.It’s covered up and locked down, safe as a bug in a rug.
                SAM: Uh, Jack…
                JACK: Sam, I would never dare ride your bike.

Waaaayyyy too much thinking about this.

Expect? No, I better make that dream. I’m one of those glass-is-half-empty shippers.

Comment

snipped
                  Originally posted by Token
                  Janet and Jacob S7, S8 spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm not happy that Janet and Jacob were killed. The characters were just as much a part of Stargate as SG-1. Jacob was my third favorite character after Sam and Jack. I will mourn his loss, and I hope we see Sam continue to deal with that loss as well. Of course, I'm not holding my breath.
                  I love Jacob and Janet, too. They and Cassie
                  Spoiler:
                  will probably be ignored as if they never existed. Just like there is no decent explanation for Jack's absence.
                  At least in Season 6 they grieved Daniel's passing (each in their own way) and it took them a while to fill that hole in their team and in their lives.
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I adored Janet, she was my favourite character, and I was heartbroken when she died (and i think i made teryl cry when i told her that...). And i think grief over Janet's death made Sam behave the way she did in season eight
                    Spoiler:
                    i think she encouraged pete, and accepted the ring and tried to live a 'normal' life becasue she just couldn't cope with a life where her best friend died...and of course janet wasn't there to tell her what an idiot she was being. and her grief..which i don't think she ever dealt with...stopped her thinking straight. it was only when jacob was dying and he told her to ignore the rules and go for wahever made her happy that she realised that happiness was not in what she was meant to do, or what she thought was best..happiness for her meant getting rid of pete, and accepting she wasn't meant for the 'normal' life, and allowing jack to get close to her

well, now i'm knackered, and shall go to watch telly. hope all that made sense

Comment

(* sg-1fanintn peers out from the desk that has been her prison for the past two frallin' weeks to see if she can sneak away to visit the Sam/Jack Ship Family at lunch *----and the coast looks clear! *)

That bio has said that for a long time (although other parts of it have been updated recently). Perhaps SciFi preferred to say "married." Or, maybe it's a long-standing error. I checked www.rdanderson.com after I read your post just to make sure. I think if he and Apryl had gotten back together and married, it would be there, and it isn't. Does anyone else know anything? And Great Lords of Cobol, if it is true, don't tell Sally!!!!!!

Now, on to that AT article that is causing so much angst. I have my own little happy spin on that. I think
                      Spoiler:
                      that the reason Sam's character won't have to suffer any more angst is that the UST has become RST! Her relationship with Jack has become real, so there's no longer any need to worry about it! And, with her personal life under control, she can concentrate on work.
                      See? It all makes perfect sense.

Put that theory with some of the other things we've heard recently:

Spoiler:
                      1. AT's remarks at Comic Con that "they'll share a few phone calls, and we'll see what happens next."

2. That Amanda has never steered fans wrong.

3. The rumor we heard that the Sam/Jack relationship would be confirmed in the 10th episode (which I believe is part one of The Fourth Horseman).

What do you think?
                      I'm hoping that you are right but will keep a hanky ready if you're not. We will just keep praying to the Lords of Cobol - where did I put my idols down?
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

lords of Cobol?????

What is that??

For me...the thing annoying me about the ship at present is the ambiguouity. I'd rather they told us straight...even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear.
                        sigpic

Comment

suekay-lords of cobol-battlestar galactica. they are the dieties that are worshipped by the ragtag band of humanity escaping the evil cylon empire.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Thankies!

Don't like BSG...hence the confusion!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
                              Sorry - forgot the link - here it is :

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/
                              I playing catch up so I haven't read any thing beyond this but YES! please continue. You could have a lot of fun with this one. Romance is good...lots and lots of romance!

Poz

Comment

WELCOME BACK SG1 POZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((Big Hug))))))))))))))))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X