This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    I know I only post here a few times, but I am a huge shipper!! I was drawn to the show by RDA (he keeps getting better looking with age), then this incredible team chemistry between all four main characters kept me tuned in, then I thought how amazing it was to have a strong female lead (truly rare), and then my first glimpse of a possible Jack and Sam relationship had me hooked!

Now that you know where I am coming from I have a few comments about the article with AT and I am probably in the minority here. I enjoyed the article and I look forward to the entire article next issue. She said she enjoyed the Sam and Jack angst at times and at other times it was a pain. Isn’t that true to real life … Isn’t there a point where you finally say okay is there or isn’t there a future here. Eight years is a long time and can tend to become negative when viewed by some. Now wait here me out … She said the angst was a pain to play. She didn’t say the love interest was a pain. The following are spoilers for Season 8
    Spoiler:
    Sam went as far as going to Jack’s house to tell him how she felt. After that a very sad trip to the infirmary that still breaks my heart. Sam did break up with Pete (finally). Jack and Sam then went fishing! Moebius: We were also given yet another universe where Jack and Sam are together!

In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I still think TPTB need to address
    Spoiler:
    her fathers death and apparently loosing command of SG-1 (although I hope it's a joint command)
    However, I don't think TPTB will address those issues either this season, so again I will wait. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!

Okay now I will quietly go back to reading.
    i feel the same, ann. amanda said the jack angst was what was bothering her, not the sam/jack relationship. the writers could have done a *much* better job with things, and i'm sure all of us could agree with that.

i know we're all so battle-scarred that we have knee-jerk reactions to anything we read about s/j ship, but this interview wasn't bad. we've already been told the ship would take a back burner for a while, but amanda said it would be revisted at another time. there's still hope!

i'd also like to comment on the bashing issue. (anyone that knows me) i'm 100 percent for ppl being able to express themselves honestly, whether it be good or bad views, but what i don't care for is when we (negatively) go from the characters to the actors. and trupi, whether you meant it or not, your initial angry-at-amanda post made me wince. just like when i read the anti sam/ship/amanda ppl. i'm sure that's not how you wanted it to come off.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
      I was at the NJ con a week or so ago and what struck me as strange was that basically no-one, actors or fans, brought up the Jam/Sam ship (not so suprising) but they didn't really bring up Jack or his backstory either.

It felt very strange as if we were at a family function where your Mom had warned you not to bring up the affair your Uncle is having and the alcoholic tendencies of your cousin!
      Nobody brought up Sam and Jack at the Vancouver Creation Con either but I figure that people don't bring it up because Amanda is not there. I really doubt that Chris or Michael have much, if anything, to say about Sam/Jack ship. It will be interesting if/when Amanda goes back on the convention circuit to see if people will start asking ship questions again.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Nobody brought up Sam and Jack at the Vancouver Creation Con either but I figure that people don't bring it up because Amanda is not there. I really doubt that Chris or Michael have much, if anything, to say about Sam/Jack ship. It will be interesting if/when Amanda goes back on the convention circuit to see if people will start asking ship questions again.
        yeah, why ask cj or ms? and amanda's been at one con since after her daughter was born (that's still weird to say ), and she *was* asked a ship question. and i LOVED her answer! i really don't think amanda's going to give away much, though, but i'd still ask her so she'd know how much we love it.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i feel the same, ann. amanda said the jack angst was what was bothering her, not the sam/jack relationship. the writers could have done a *much* better job with things, and i'm sure all of us could agree with that.

i know we're all so battle-scarred that we have knee-jerk reactions to anything we read about s/j ship, but this interview wasn't bad. we've already been told the ship would take a back burner for a while, but amanda said it would be revisted at another time. there's still hope!

i'd also like to comment on the bashing issue. (anyone that knows me) i'm 100 percent for ppl being able to express themselves honestly, whether it be good or bad views, but what i don't care for is when we (negatively) go from the characters to the actors. and trupi, whether you meant it or not, your initial angry-at-amanda post made me wince. just like when i read the anti sam/ship/amanda ppl. i'm sure that's not how you wanted it to come off.

sally
          Why are we still discussing this! I have not said anything to you about the post to me nor did I start the discussion about the article in the first place. I was answering newbiee question and answered it in my opinion. Now I not bashing AT (for the 3rd time saying it)but she does say things, in my opinion that can be misinterpreted by her loyal fans. She has enough groups attacking her. I got upset because she goes two steps ahead and then four steps back when she makes a comment like that. She should be careful what she says in the fanzines,DVD commentaries and low-downs. I don't hate her or wish her harm so can we get off this now. I'm not the only person who posted what you think is anti-AT. Why don't you mention their names in your post. I'm not going away and I'm not going to back away for posting my opinion. So can we please get off this stupid article and move on to more shippy subjects! (end of rant)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Why are we still discussing this! I have not said anything to you about the post to me nor did I start the discussion about the article in the first place. I was answering newbiee question and answered it in my opinion. Now I not bashing AT (for the 3rd time saying it)but she does say things, in my opinion that can be misinterpreted by her loyal fans. She has enough groups attacking her. I got upset because she goes two steps ahead and then four steps back when she makes a comment like that. She should be careful what she says in the fanzines,DVD commentaries and low-downs. I don't hate her or wish her harm so can we get off this now. I'm not the only person who posted what you think is anti-AT. Why don't you mention their names in your post. I'm not going away and I'm not going to back away for posting my opinion. So can we please get off this stupid article and move on to more shippy subjects! (end of rant)
            you're entire attitude is harsh. the only reason i brought it up (again) is that others kept talking about it. i am a HUGE sam/amanda fan, so when i read someone's post that makes me wince, something's wrong. you don't think you were over the top with it, but i did. maybe the next time amanda says something you don't like, you won't reply with guns blazing *for* someone that's a fan of this actress.

if you want to discuss this anymore, trupi, write me offlist. now, i'll go back to lurking here, like i've been doing for some time.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
              In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I still think TPTB need to address
              Spoiler:
              her fathers death and apparently loosing command of SG-1 (although I hope it's a joint command)
              However, I don't think TPTB will address those issues either this season, so again I will wait. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!

Okay now I will quietly go back to reading.
              Yeah i'm totally agree with you Jack and Sam will be together a the end ! I crossed my fingers for that ! Jack/Sam for the life
              I am new on the forum and i didn't understant englisgh perfectly but i don't know what is TPTB ? Somebody can help me ?
              Jack/Sam Forever

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                Greetings, um, where is everybody? I just voted for my 10 favorite SG-1 episodes for SciFi's September marathon. The shippiest, of course!! While on the SciFi website I checked out the Season 9 episode descriptions and the characters page. Saw some interesting stuff. For example, I didn't know that RDA is now married. I didn't know that Jack in Season 9
                Spoiler:
                is a Brigadier General in Avalon 1 and promoted to Major General by Origins.
                Now I wish I knew the whole backstory!!
                I don't think RDA is married. As far as I know he has never been married. He is the eternal bachelor. I think that is a misprint. Jack is waiting for Sam , then they will get married.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Watched the extended version of threads last night... wish they could've extended the shippy scenes rather than the scenes with Kerry and Pete. [SPOILERS] And that scene with Jack waking up with Kerry was just wrong. Oh SOOOO wrong [\SPOILERS]. I also watched Affinity with my shipper glasses on and I must say when you press the rewind button... it's totally ship-worthy stuff.
                  Spoiler:
                  In my mind Jack was handing Sam the ringbox instead of the other way around...
                  and he was putting the box down on the stack of papers so he could sweep her off her feet

I also loved the starting of the extended threads, as it showed "previously on Stargate sg-1" and wouldn't you know it...right at the start complete shippy scenes... I loved it!!!

Sam and Jack forever!!!!

Comment

hey there this is my first post so wanna say hi to everyone . im a hugh hugh shipper sam & jack obviously !!! wish we could just see them get together and live happily ever after but i dont think tptb will give us that

Comment

Welcome to the Thread!
                      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                      LOVE HIM-> DT
                      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                        I don't think RDA is married. As far as I know he has never been married. He is the eternal bachelor. I think that is a misprint. Jack is waiting for Sam , then they will get married.
                        Thanks Gatebee that is what I thought!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by irishchick
                          hey there this is my first post so wanna say hi to everyone . im a hugh hugh shipper sam & jack obviously !!! wish we could just see them get together and live happily ever after but i dont think tptb will give us that
                          Welcome Irishchick! Post often!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            Welcome Irishchick! Post often!
                            Welcome in the shippers family
                            Jack/Sam Forever

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              Check out the SciFi website under characters. There is a description of each major character and then a summary of the actor's career. Under General O'Neill/RDA it says his wife, Apryl.......
                              Well may be he is back with her ..why not ???!! she seems nice and may be she is the one who ended up the relationship not him to start with ..Maybe he always wanted her and by stopping work he proved it to her to be with Dauhgter and wife ..That would be lovely if it were true

Caty

Comment

ComTraya

Could you please send me an -email ?. You 'll find it at the botton of my video page .
                                The private message reply does not seem to work right now . Once I have the e-mail , I will forward you the infos

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X