This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    i think they are trying very hard to pretend that the whole sam/jack thing is over-done-kaput-disappeared.
    EXACTLY!!! That's what I was thinking. I'm glad that it's not just me, I was fearing that I had developed a seriously overactive case of paranoia. It's not just the AT article, it's the duck and cover attitude that anybody from the show seems to take whenever the question of Sam/Jack comes up. That and the evasive non-answers.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Greetings, um, where is everybody? I just voted for my 10 favorite SG-1 episodes for SciFi's September marathon. The shippiest, of course!! While on the SciFi website I checked out the Season 9 episode descriptions and the characters page. Saw some interesting stuff. For example, I didn't know that RDA is now married. I didn't know that Jack in Season 9
      Spoiler:
      is a Brigadier General in Avalon 1 and promoted to Major General by Origins.
      Now I wish I knew the whole backstory!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        Greetings, um, where is everybody? I just voted for my 10 favorite SG-1 episodes for SciFi's September marathon. The shippiest, of course!! While on the SciFi website I checked out the Season 9 episode descriptions and the characters page. Saw some interesting stuff. For example, I didn't know that RDA is now married. I didn't know that Jack in Season 9
        Spoiler:
        Who's he married to? I thought he was no longer with his daugher's mother. Is it someone new?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          Why did I read the article?
          I'm going to try to go to Forbidden Planet, to see if they got Sally's new novel in stock. If they do I'll let you know (I didn't forget).
          My copy of Sally Reeve's, A Matter of Honor, arrived today from England!!! I think I"m going to save it for my October vacation reading!
          sigpic

Comment

Who's he married to? I thought he was no longer with his daugher's mother. Is it someone new?
            Apryl, his daughter's mother!!! That's what it says!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Apryl, his daughter's mother!!! That's what it says!!!
              I'm 95% sure about this but he never married her and now are fully apart. (accept in things that deal with his daughter) Guys if I wrong, direct me towards the light!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm 95% sure about this but he never married her and now are fully apart. (accept in things that deal with his daughter) Guys if I wrong, direct me towards the light!
                Check out the SciFi website under characters. There is a description of each major character and then a summary of the actor's career. Under General O'Neill/RDA it says his wife, Apryl.......
                sigpic

Comment

I know I only post here a few times, but I am a huge shipper!! I was drawn to the show by RDA (he keeps getting better looking with age), then this incredible team chemistry between all four main characters kept me tuned in, then I thought how amazing it was to have a strong female lead (truly rare), and then my first glimpse of a possible Jack and Sam relationship had me hooked!

Now that you know where I am coming from I have a few comments about the article with AT and I am probably in the minority here. (I read the interview for the 1st time tonight) I enjoyed the article and I look forward to the entire article next issue. She said she enjoyed the Sam and Jack angst at times and at other times it was a pain. Isn’t that true to real life … Isn’t there a point where you finally say okay is there or isn’t there a future here. Eight years is a long time and can tend to become negative when viewed by some. Now wait here me out … She said the angst was a pain to play. She didn’t say the love interest was a pain. The following are spoilers for Season 8
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam went as far as going to Jack’s house to tell him how she felt. After that a very sad trip to the infirmary that still breaks my heart. Sam did break up with Pete (finally). Jack and Sam then went fishing! Moebius: We were also given yet another universe where Jack and Sam are together!

In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I still think TPTB need to address
                  Spoiler:
                  her fathers death and apparently loosing command of SG-1 (although I hope it's a joint command)
                  However, I don't think TPTB will address those issues either this season, so again I will wait. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!

Okay now I will quietly go back to reading.
                  Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 16 August 2005, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Nell,

I ordered my copy of this and her other novel last week but they are on back order until after Labor Day so I won't have them in tiome for my vacation :-(

However, I posted a new story on ff.net today called Instant Message staring our favorite characters Jack and Sam. It's called Instant Message and I'd love some feedback as always (I'm trying to write something with a little less angst right now!)

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Sorry - forgot the link - here it is :

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                        Well you can't have that song for the end of every series!

I really need the song if that makes sense, I might use "Now I Had The Time Of My Life" but is that too cliche?
                        Definitely too cliche. I've got a better one for you (I tried to reply earlier but Gateworld ate my post )...

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." Slow, sexy, and perfect for S&J.
                        Lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          EXACTLY!!! That's what I was thinking. I'm glad that it's not just me, I was fearing that I had developed a seriously overactive case of paranoia. It's not just the AT article, it's the duck and cover attitude that anybody from the show seems to take whenever the question of Sam/Jack comes up. That and the evasive non-answers.
                          I was at the NJ con a week or so ago and what struck me as strange was that basically no-one, actors or fans, brought up the Jam/Sam ship (not so suprising) but they didn't really bring up Jack or his backstory either.

It felt very strange as if we were at a family function where your Mom had warned you not to bring up the affair your Uncle is having and the alcoholic tendencies of your cousin!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                            In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!
                            I agree ann_sgcfan! I was laying in bed last night trying desperately to get to sleep but having no luck (always happens when I've got to be up at the crack of dawn!) and I had the same thinking - Jack and Sam have to be together, there's no question. I mean, after all the angst they've been through and failed relationships and then threads, they are destined.
                            I too can cope with a shipless season as I will happily let my imagination (and plenty of ship fic) fill in the blanks for now coz one day our ship will come sailing in and then it's party time people!!

ps. great con photo guys, wow CJ and MS huh, blimey!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              what do you mean rda is married!?!

*he was supposed to wait for ME!*

*forget i said that*

*did you forget?*

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Better hope Majorsal doesn't find out about th--...wait, nevermind.

Sorry sal...

(((((((((((majorsal)))))))))))

Although it's a bit odd that it's not mentioned on his website...

Hmm...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X