This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    And the idea of killing off a lead sounds cool to some people. I know fans that wouldn't mind if Sam or Jack were killed. They look at it through the romantic eyes of tragic loss and so forth...
    I kinda like this in a movie or maybe a book, when (at least for me) the story is the most important thing and such a drama gives the story more depth or significance or whatever.

But I definitely don't like the death of leading characters in a TV show, because in this case the characters are the most important element IMO, and I don't only know them for a long time, but also grew to "love" them (the way you love fictional persons ) and it feels like they are old friends, if you know what I mean.

I want them to live and entertain me for the rest of my life. LOL

Comment

As for Stargate...I swear if Sam or Jack EVER ended up dead...and I mean Janet dead not Daniel dead...I will nuke my entire SG collection...sell off the DVDs (even the season 8's which are on their way to my house AS WE SPEAK)...and NEVER return to this or any other Stargate fansite again.
      Okay, here's the plan: We're all gonna head over to the offices of TPTB.
      Über, take point and look scary!
      Last edited by UhSir; 17 August 2005, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hey lookie here Sam, our shippers have totted up
        10,000 posts!!!

Comment

As for Stargate...I swear if Sam or Jack EVER ended up dead...and I mean Janet dead not Daniel dead...I will nuke my entire SG collection...sell off the DVDs (even the season 8's which are on their way to my house AS WE SPEAK)...and NEVER return to this or any other Stargate fansite again.

Here's to hoping TPTB aren't that stupid...
          Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I dont even want to think about this its too depressing Quick some one, paper bag before I hyper ventilate.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....

Jack and Sam will live together forever, and ever and ever.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
            I kinda like this in a movie or maybe a book, when (at least for me) the story is the most important thing and such a drama gives the story more depth or significance or whatever.

But I definitely don't like the death of leading characters in a TV show, because in this case the characters are the most important element IMO, and I don't only know them for a long time, but also grew to "love" them (the way you love fictional persons ) and it feels like they are old friends, if you know what I mean.

I want them to live and entertain me for the rest of my life. LOL
            Me too. I like to believe they live happily ever after.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

10 000 posts!!!!!!!!

Add that to the archive and we're at almost...

64 THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

((((Uber)))

I know what you mean about Janet
                Spoiler:
                and seeing her again in previous episodes . For me the Janet death didn't hit me too hard because she was not in all the episodes. It would have been Sam , I would have been devastated Well Kate was like the Sam character, a leading role in the show. She was in all the episodes with the guys and they formed a team . So just imagine if that was happening to Sam well For the NCIS fans , it must have been a real shocker if they were not spoiled at all like many of them I suppose !!! I may go and read what the fans had to say after the episode

Now a question !!! If it would have been Sam instead of
                Spoiler:
                Janet dying ..or getting shot in the head
                How would the fans be reacting to that ?!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I dont even want to think about this its too depressing Quick some one, paper bag before I hyper ventilate.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....

Jack and Sam will live together forever, and ever and ever.
                  Somnium...go to your happy place...

Seriously, I don't think they'd do this to us. I have a bad feeling about another fan favorite who I think might be killed off in the next few episodes (just my thinking...based on a few odd comments here and there) but I don't think they'd kill off a main team member.

They did that with Daniel, and well, we all know how well THAT went over...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    ((((Uber)))

I know what you mean about Janet
                    Spoiler:
                    and seeing her again in previous episodes . For me the Janet death didn't hit me too hard because she was not in all the episodes. It would have been Sam , I would have been devastated Well Kate was like the Sam character, a leading role in the show. She was in all the episodes with the guys and they formed a team . So just imagine if that was happening to Sam well For the NCIS fans , it must have been a real shocker if they were not spoiled at all like many of them I suppose !!! I may go and read what the fans had to say after the episode

Now a question !!! If it would have been Sam instead of
                    Spoiler:
                    Janet dying ..or getting shot in the head
                    How would the fans be reacting to that ?!!!!

Caty
                    Well when I consider how I would react to your above scenario, torches and pitchforks come to mind...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Somnium...go to your happy place...

Seriously, I don't think they'd do this to us. I have a bad feeling about another fan favorite who I think might be killed off in the next few episodes (just my thinking...based on a few odd comments here and there) (...)
                      Mind to share your supicion, Über?

Comment

Well when I consider how I would react to your above scenario, torches and pitchforks come to mind...

I know unless
                        Spoiler:
                        the actress demands that her character be killed off ...sometimes they do demand that.
                        Would you react differently if that was the case??!!!....I mean if
                        Spoiler:
                        Amanda demands for her character to be killed off when she exits the show for good
                        ...I need to find out if
                        Spoiler:
                        Sasha Alexander ( Kate) wanted her character to be killed off ..I heard a rumor but I'm not 100% sure ..so I'l verify just to make sure !!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          *Coughs***coughs**** smiles and brings to Cathain's attention a post made 65 posts ago post 600
                          Well you can't have that song for the end of every series!

I really need the song if that makes sense, I might use "Now I Had The Time Of My Life" but is that too cliche?

Comment

Why did I have to read the Amanda Tapping article? Why?

*headdesk*

WHYYYY????!!!!!

I thought that I had moved on but then I read things about how "angsting over Jack" hurts her credibility and I realize that I'm a hopeless case. Sigh.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              Hi Caty, I have watched all of NCIS ...Navy Crime Investigation Service...
                              It's funny all of this NCIS talk is going on. I thought about doing an AU series where the team were actually OSI agents (the Air Force equivalent of NCIS)

Comment

BTW, I feel I should clarify that I actually agree with her to an extent, because I didn't like some of the ways that Sam was portrayed in certain episodes, but reading this article makes me realize that people are completely distancing themselves from that storyline and the odds are that it's never going to be addressed again.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X