This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

And florence I don't really have a favorate episode because there are way too many to choose from. And my favorate shippy moments are the classics: from divide and conquer, window of oppurtunity, solitudes, beneath the surface, lost city pt 1 and 2, TBFTGOG, death knell, threads and moebius pt2. Thats just of the top of my head but i have many more, lol

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      The episode, A Hundred Days, comes on Sci-fi on Friday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about this episode. I like the fact that Carter shows that she has feelings for Jack, but the whole Laira thing makes me nauseous . How does everyone else feel?
      I have mixed feelings about 100 days. I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first: I felt that Jack gave up on a rescue relatively quickly, and after everything he'd been through to get to a better place in his life, he seemed very willing to give that up. Laira didn't specifically bother me, but I wished the writers had given her a little more depth to justify Jack falling for her like that. The whole is she/isn't she pregnant thing felt too soap opera-ish

BUT I did like the way they played Sam. Obviously had shippy undertones without making her the weak, pining-for-your-man woman stereotype. And it was nice to have a Jack-centric episode. I loved the scene between Jack and Teal'c when Jack digs him out. So I don't vehemently hate it the way some do, but I prefer other eps.
      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Daniel: Oh! You see?
      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
        I have mixed feelings about 100 days. I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first: I felt that Jack gave up on a rescue relatively quickly, and after everything he'd been through to get to a better place in his life, he seemed very willing to give that up. Laira didn't specifically bother me, but I wished the writers had given her a little more depth to justify Jack falling for her like that. The whole is she/isn't she pregnant thing felt too soap opera-ish

BUT I did like the way they played Sam. Obviously had shippy undertones without making her the weak, pining-for-your-man woman stereotype. And it was nice to have a Jack-centric episode. I loved the scene between Jack and Teal'c when Jack digs him out. So I don't vehemently hate it the way some do, but I prefer other eps.
        Hmm - I don't know about that. He thought the gate was gone...obviously buried but perhaps even encased in molten rock. So I don't think he was too quick to give up...

Heck, when I was lost on P3W-986, nearly the same thing happened to me!!! Fortunately, we were able to get to the gate and locate the DHD in time...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Welcome Nikki!

...I think I'm the only shipper that likes ' a hundred days'...

someone please correct me!
          Hello Nikki!

I like a hundred days also. I think Jack had the right to get interested in another woman when he thought that he would never get home.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Uber SG1 Fan!!! Your sig is so FANTASTIC!
            I can't rep you... so I said it in thread. I would have PM'd you, but by posting, everyone else who hasn't will now be drawn to the sig, and hopefully want to rep you as much as I did...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Hmm - I don't know about that. He thought the gate was gone...obviously buried but perhaps even encased in molten rock. So I don't think he was too quick to give up...

Heck, when I was lost on P3W-986, nearly the same thing happened to me!!! Fortunately, we were able to get to the gate and locate the DHD in time...

I absolutely love your sig pictures. Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                Uber SG1 Fan!!! Your sig is so FANTASTIC!
                I can't rep you... so I said it in thread. I would have PM'd you, but by posting, everyone else who hasn't will now be drawn to the sig, and hopefully want to rep you as much as I did...
                Yeah Uber has some great signatures I know. Especially the one with the DHD from Solitudes.

Oh and we are talking about 100 days well I liked the episode and well I think she was pragnant of him. I wonder if Jack will ever know that he has a daughter or a son I wonder how Sam would react to it.
                This is my 1700 post how great is this !!
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Congratulations! I hope one day I'll get that high!
                  -girlgater

Comment

Laira Pregnant! I try really hard not to think about that Do you really think so _Anubis?

I really hope she wasn't, because I'd hate to think that Jack has a child out there that he doesn't know. I think he'd be heartbroken to know that he's missed so much of his/her life. I'd like to think that if Laira had been pregnant tptb would have let Jack know pretty much straight away. I think I would far rather have seen a love triangle with Laira than with Mr Spudly - at least it would have been believable - and not so easy for Laira to move to Colorado Springs

*ducks the red jello and low flying rotten tomatoes*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      Laira Pregnant! I try really hard not to think about that Do you really think so _Anubis?

I really hope she wasn't, because I'd hate to think that Jack has a child out there that he doesn't know. I think he'd be heartbroken to know that he's missed so much of his/her life. I'd like to think that if Laira had been pregnant tptb would have let Jack know pretty much straight away. I think I would far rather have seen a love triangle with Laira than with Mr Spudly - at least it would have been believable - and not so easy for Laira to move to Colorado Springs

*ducks the red jello and low flying rotten tomatoes*
                      First, thanks everyone for your kind words regarding my sig!!!

Second, I think that more than likely Laira DID become pregnant (as I recall, she was timing so that their night would give her a child). I don't believe TPTB will revisit this story though...so it'll have to be resolved in Fanfic...

And regarding the Spudmeister...why not include him in the mix? Rather than a love triangle with just Jack/Laira/Sam, why not...

A LOVE SQUARE???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Did an SGC team ever go back to that planet? Surely someone would have passed on the word had she been pregnant. I can understand her wanting to have a child w/Jack, but I really hope she didn't. It would be unfortunate for him to have another child and never know.
                        -girlgater

Comment

To quote Teal'c What is a Spuddmeister??

A love triangle I don't think that Jack would mind that but I doubt that Sam want to share him with Laira but I think she was indeed pragnant !! I think she was indeed

oh don't worry you'll get there eventually. After spending hours and hours and hours and hours at gateworld try to post every day at least 10 posts. I succeded once in posting 100 posts at one day. But some posts were crap I have to admit that and others was about the episodes and such
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                            To quote Teal'c What is a Spuddmeister??

A love triangle I don't think that Jack would mind that but I doubt that Sam want to share him with Laira but I think she was indeed pragnant !! I think she was indeed

oh don't worry you'll get there eventually. After spending hours and hours and hours and hours at gateworld try to post every day at least 10 posts. I succeded once in posting 100 posts at one day. But some posts were crap I have to admit that and others was about the episodes and such
                            Spudmeister...Mr. Spudly...the Spudster... ALL PETE!

For the record though, I see why Sam was attracted to him.

Sorry shippers, I know I'm in the minority here but I think that David DeLuise is simply gorgeous...those eyes alone are enough to melt me down!

Other than his ever so slight tendancy to stalk, he is a keeper (just not for Sam)...

Comment

I don't think Sam would be willing to share Jack either--I know I wouldn't. The romantic side of me hopes that Jack and Laira didn't have a child; I'd like Sam to give him kids instead.

It's kinda hard to post while working (haha) without getting caught except I love the new virtual desktop feature that microsoft has (but use Firefox for browsing). It allows me to pop between desktops and no one is the wiser.
                              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                                Did an SGC team ever go back to that planet? Surely someone would have passed on the word had she been pregnant. I can understand her wanting to have a child w/Jack, but I really hope she didn't. It would be unfortunate for him to have another child and never know.
                                I'm sure at the end of the ep it was said that another SG team would be stationed on Edora for a while to help the people rebuild etc, so MHO is that if she was pregnant, Jack would have known.

As for timing - since when do babies do anything to order? At either end of the 9 months

Sorry to be such a downer about this, but I really can't stand the idea of that woman having Jack's child ... maybe its just jealousy
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X