This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Somnium
    Oh errr!!! LOL (strangly I know where your coming from )

BTW I think we should declare this a bash free zone! I like to think of this as my happy place, bashing kinda spoils it! I love all the SG cast even if sometimes I dont understand or agree with their charecters.

Am with you on that Somnium, this is my happy place too!

If you haven't read Gails 'Always' ship fic, YOU MUST SHIPPERS it's great!! It takes place around S8 Threads so beware that is in it but please don't let that put anyone off (I know sometimes we all need to read a fic without any angst) because trust me it is so well written and leaves you in a very warm and cuddly place!! I shall say no more

http://outoftheroom.homestead.com/Always.html

sacme - your question as to where's Sam - LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
      *laughs* Well I'm thinking of something along the lines of Can Three People Dance? or something like that.
      Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, does that mean that is coming back!!!!! please, we need at least two chapters... the other one to get over him

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Holla shippers

Thanks for the pics! this one's great http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...e/bts_jack.jpg

I bought one of the offical magazines today and that was the same mag that I had bought earlier but just with a different cover what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          majorsal, I don't think I got to give you a

congratulations for 4000 posts!!!
          WOW (((((((((Majorsal)))))))))) 4000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to do the dance.... , this is mayor posting...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Forgive the shameless self promotion but...
            I wrote a small piece thinking of my shipper friends and those of you who read and write fan fiction.
            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2532480/1/
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
              Forgive the shameless self promotion but...
              I wrote a small piece thinking of my shipper friends and those of you who read and write fan fiction.
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2532480/1/
              Zoser, As far as I'm concerned and I believe our Shipper Friends will agree, please announce any and all of your Sam and Jack creative works. I just read Delete and enjoyed it very much! I left you a comment, too!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                Michelle.... Trupi, Lynn, SugarShaker and myself were at the CON in NJ last week and MS said that (Ripple Effect spoiler)
                Spoiler:
                it's an AU episode, there will be at least 3 AUs so Janet will appear in at least one of them, one were she did not die
                oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!! ((((((LOL4JACK))))))). that's just what i needed to hear. you see...

Spoiler:
                i love janet, and i love AU episodes...so thisis right up my alley. in fact, this is the one episode i'm really excited about....and it's late enough in the season to be seen in britain first
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  Excellent point. I often wonder why people (in RL - not just on TV) feel that ship is a weakness. I gain a lot of strength knowing that my hubby is there for me. It doesn't make me weak - in fact just the opposite. I dare to push my boundaries more knowing I have support behind me.

So why showing Sam & Jack together should equal Sam's character is weaker is beyond me. GRRRRRR!
                  Becasue people seem to equate ship with soppy romance, and they believe soppy romance should be kept for soaps, and sci-fi should be about aliens.

but sci-fi relies very strongly on good characterisation. you can't do a stereotype bad guy, cos bad guys in other shows rarely have snakes in their heads (although they seem to always have english accents), so the characterisation has to be good so we can identify with these people.

right, so for the characterisation to work, we have see teh very best and worst of these people. and people are full of layers. they rarely reveal what they are really like deep down inside. perhaps they don't even know what are realy like at bottom anyway. the only time a person reveals what they are really like is in extreme situation ...like disaster, war...or falling in love, especially if that love has to overcome many obstacles.

for example, the moment where sam and jack are trapped in the corridor, and jack won't leave sam, we see a moment of true jack, of what lies beneath all teh jokes and self-deprecation and uniform..a moment or true, pure jack (also the ring moment in affinity....i still can't watch that cos of the tears in hsi eyes).

so we ship, becasue at a moment of revealing love, or being pained through love, we see what a character is really like.

and people who don't see that - like the people at work who giggle at ship-fic- lack insight and depth. and you can quote me on that.

Phew....lecture done. back to regular chatting now. anyone seen any penguins?

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Zoser, As far as I'm concerned and I believe our Shipper Friends will agree, please announce any and all of your Sam and Jack creative works. I just read Delete and enjoyed it very much! I left you a comment, too!!

Well, if you want me to....I wrote a story filling in some of the missing pieces in Threads..you know, the good stuff they never actually showed us on screen

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2530756/1/

Comment

Majorsal, congratualtions!!!!Well done on so many posts. Sam and Jack would congratulate you but they seem to be a little busy....

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Bear in mind that everything Amanda says is edited; you're reading an interview, not a transcript. And it's natural for the interviewer to want to put a positive spin on things (like implying it's not such a bad thing that RDA is gone) cos their readers want to read good things and cos the very existence of a lot of these mags is tied up with the success of certain shows.

I just wouldn't want anyone to like a person less or think less of them because of an interview like this.
                        Oh, yes, of course, magazines can edited just about anything to make the story they want. I love Sam and AT. I've never been one to read interveiws and such before I came to GW, so I don't know what she had said in the past, so I didn't quite know what to make of this, which is why I posted it to hopefully get some insite from other fans. I was also really interested that TPTB considered the S/J storyline wrapped up, and the fact that Joe Mallozzi didn't like the S/P relationship, but no one commented on that.
                        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                          Well, if you want me to....I wrote a story filling in some of the missing pieces in Threads..you know, the good stuff they never actually showed us on screen

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2530756/1/
                          Love your fics and your signature. Funniest line in the episode!
                          sigpic

Comment

Aloha fair shippers!!!

MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all the green!!!!!

Believe it or not, I had FORTY more rep points when I came online today!

I'm updating 'In Between the Threads' tonight...more angst!

Cathain - you'd better not have duckspud dancing with Sam!!!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hadn't heard when S9 was due to premier here in the UK so just checked on the general discussion page and am aghast to hear that it's not until the 18th October! I'm sure Skyone used to start it in sept

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                                *laughs* Well I'm thinking of something along the lines of Can Three People Dance? or something like that.
                                Three people?? Well, here's hoping a BIG, FAT NO!!

*runs away chanting* "Sam and Jack Forever!!"

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X