X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I watched The Powers That Be and this is what I think Season 9
    Spoiler:
    I liked it because: 1. When Vala toned down the sarcasm and exhibited concern and remorse 'kind of' for her post-Goa'uld deceit of the people, and when she and Daniel stopped the bickering to work together for the good of the people, I began to root for her to be saved from execution. 2. The Priori guy is definitely eerie and bad! Daniel was back to being, well, Daniel, as he launched into moral considerations for the planet's peoples to take a stand against this new evil as well as his defense of Vala. 3. I am interested in the General Landry/father and Dr. Lam/daughter dynamic. Why don't they explain a civilian doctor as the CMO? 4. Mitchell fell victim to the Ori's sickness. I wasn't particularly worried that a lead character would be killed off but he is not immune to injury/harm. I hope they can start developing his military leadership skills.

So, now I'm interested in how Sam will be integrated into the next episode! And will she get a phone call from you-know-who?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      How 'bout..... FCOL, Get on with the Dance!
      Well you got the 'Dance' right but every title needs to have 'Dance' in it and it has to be a question

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
        Well you got the 'Dance' right but every title needs to have 'Dance' in it and it has to be a question
        Well, maybe if we had a little more information about the next chapter we would be better able to help you. *looks to see if Cathain is buying it*

Token ~

Comment

Well, maybe if we had a little more information about the next chapter we would be better able to help you. *looks to see if Cathain is buying it*
          *laughs* Well I'm thinking of something along the lines of Can Three People Dance? or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Mary you are right, that AT is playing both sides. A lot of her fans are ignoring her comments and they have to wake up and also wake her up, that this won't be tolerated. I like AT but this is going to affect her popularity and she is one of the main reasons they brought the Pete character on board. They thought the ship community was insignificant until the crap started hitting the fan. Poor Michael Deluise is still feeling the affects.
            let's not bash amanda. or rda. or michael. or anyone. okay?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              let's not bash amanda. or rda. or michael. or anyone. okay?

sally
              I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with Amanda. Sam is such a strong character and Amanda portrays her so well. However TPTB always portray as Sam having the answer for everything. Her love interest in O'Neill displays that she is only human and susceptible to human folly and emotions like the rest of us . I think Sam needs a bit of weakness, and if it happens to be O'Neill... then so be it. Personally, mine is chocolate
                i also think the writers didn't do amanda any favors when they had sam get engaged to pete. and amanda blew her top about it. the boyfriend storyline went from just some guy sam was involved with to a three-way angst fest. i wish i could get a *real* reason for sam saying yes in affinity from peter deluise or rob cooper, because *my* believed reasons only make me resentful.

on a happy note, sam and jack WILL be shown TOGETHER someday!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                  I'm on a real screencap hunt at the mo and found some fun behind the scenes pics. The ones of RDA in his funky mac made me hoot!! and as for the skip....you go rick!!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../bts_jack2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../bts_jack3.jpg

and here's some from moebius2

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...lie/bts_s8.jpg
                  http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...s_moebius3.jpg
                  http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...s_moebius6.jpg
                  http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...e/bts_jack.jpg

Love behind the scenes stuff!
                  thanks, billie! i LOVE behind the scenes stuff too!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    No one is bashing AT. To her fans she is loyal and very loving. However on the DVD commentaries she has said that she wants to see less ship because it weaken her character (season 7). She loved the Pete ship and wanted that developed. Even on the low-downs she has made negative comments about the ship. Now she could be getting pressure from TPTB or her fellow mates on SG about being too pro-ship but this came straight from her mouth. Now, if they dubbed over her voice in the commentaries or the low-downs making it sound like she said something she didn't then she should sue their rear ends. The actors are people like everyone else but when their career depend on what they say they should watch their sixes, especially when they are upsetting the group who is defending them tooth and nail! I like AT and honor her opinion but she should not flip-flop about what side of the coin she's on, it makes her look bad!
                    Once again I'm not AT bashing! I was answering someone else's posts.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i also think the writers didn't do amanda any favors when they had sam get engaged to pete. and amanda blew her top about it. the boyfriend storyline went from just some guy sam was involved with to a three-way angst fest. i wish i could get a *real* reason for sam saying yes in affinity from peter deluise or rob cooper, because *my* believed reasons only make me resentful.

on a happy note, sam and jack WILL be shown TOGETHER someday!!

sally
                      majorsal, I don't think I got to give you a

congratulations for 4000 posts!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I agree with Amanda on this...

It was to the point where they got uncomfortable being around each other because that tension was just ALWAYS THERE. This made Sam look bad because she was stuck between a rock and a hard place...continue a relationship with a man I care about but don't really REALLY love or risk my career and heart and tell Jack how I really feel. So strong as she was professionally, her personal issues made her seem less assertive than she really is as a character.

I think Amanda (like me) wants a happy ending for Sam and Jack. I know that she's vascilated over the topic through the years...I have one clip where she says quite adamantly that Sam and Jack should NEVER get together and another one just from a year or so ago where she has a completely different opinion. It must get tiring as an actress to watch a vocal part of the fanbase berate the character you play like the Sambashers have done...

I also agree with something she said at the end of last season...where she talks about how she and Jack are like teenagers. Enough already. Either get it on or turn it off...because I think that without resolution, Sam would just get continually weighed down by the ship until even the professional side of her suffered.

I am one of those people who think that not having Jack around all the time is a good thing for Sam. She knows how she feels about him...one would think that after Threads and before Avalon she and Jack had a heart to heart...and now she can set the issue of her personal feelings aside and focus her full attention on work (and by the looks of it it's a good thing).

I believe they'll end up together in the end...but they aren't going to deal with the issue this season...we'll have phone calls, etc. which will keep the whole "are they or aren't they" issue alive and then see what the future holds.

The truth is she knows that Jack's the only one for her...poor Jack figured that out awhile back I think but held his tongue because he wanted her to be happy and knew it would have been inappropriate for him to talk to her about the topic. Then he had his feelings confirmed once again when Kerry saw right through him in the few minutes she shared with the two of them in his backyard.

So we have KICKBUTT!Sam for now...and hopefully for a few years. And then in the end, well, we can ALL read between the lines.

Someone else posted that Sam seemed strong with Pete and not so much with Jack...there's an obvious explanation here. With Jack her heart was at risk as was her career...with Pete, she wanted to force something that wasn't there because she wanted the IDEA of the white picket fence...thankfully she figured out in time that the whole thing was a farce if it's not with the RIGHT man.

well said, Über.

all amanda really said was about the angst weighing sam down, and it did to sorts, because the writers drug it out soooo long and added 'others' to throw up the angst level.

the angst is over, though, thank goodness. now, sam can concentrate with a *knowing* mind on where her and jack can go. it might take a while to *see*, but all that 'threads' did was close one chapter (sam/pete and sam-will-they-wont-they/jack) and open another (sam/jack).

we still have a LOT to look forward to, shippers, so stay positive.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

uh... where's Sam?

maybe I shouldn't ask.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally Posted by Cathain Nottingham
                            I found this the other day and I thought I should share
                            http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/b.jpg

Originally posted by nell
                            And the caption on this one?**waggles eyebrows**
                            Women are fantastic multi-taskers!

ship sistah

Comment

"TPTB" Season 9 ep?
                              Spoiler:
                              Too much Daniel! Not enough Mitchell and Teal'c! When is Mitchell going to step up a be a leader? If PTB wanted Browder to lead the show, then why are they keeping him non-existent? Why would Teal'c join them on the mission to that planet? I thought he was busy with the Jaffa. Vala, I actually liked in this ep. She was toned down and had depth. That is the Vala I wouldn't mind seeing return. Anyway, my questions about Season 9 shall be answered next week when SAM RETURNS!!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              You know, this use to be a good gig for Chris Judge. I feel really bad for him this season because they've completely pushed him to the side during this whole Daniel/Vala arc. And I agree that Browder is, so far, pointless. I really have developed no strong feelings for him whatsoever. Hopefully, everything changes when Vala is gone and Sam returns and they're a team.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                                uh... where's Sam?

maybe I shouldn't ask.

ship sistah

Oh errr!!! LOL (strangly I know where your coming from )

BTW I think we should declare this a bash free zone! I like to think of this as my happy place, bashing kinda spoils it! I love all the SG cast even if sometimes I dont understand or agree with their charecters.

Comment

Working...
                                X