X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree totally Freya.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      I'm wondering what your spoiler says but I'm not going to peek. I've been avoiding spoilers. Last week, I taped The Ties That Bind but I haven't watched it yet. So, I'm heading for the TV now with a nice pint of Ben & Jerry's for comfort (A girl's got to have something sweet) since neither Jack nor Sam will be in the episode. I've taped TPTB and will watch later this weekend. Earlier tonight I caught commercial glimpses of tonight's TPTB and it sounded like a situation comedy!! Yes, I am holding out high hopes for next week's return of Sam.

Don't hope too much for next week nel ..I'm not sure she'll even mention Jack ..She could have mentionned him in Avalon 1 but all she said was
      Spoiler:
      "I have my reasons for accepting that job"
      She will probably say something similar to that ..It's funny for TPTB to make Sam and Jack talk in morse code so that the shippers get lost , confused , irritated . It won't be funny for them though when no shippers will be buying season 9 on DVD's

Caty

Comment

Bear in mind that everything Amanda says is edited; you're reading an interview, not a transcript. And it's natural for the interviewer to want to put a positive spin on things (like implying it's not such a bad thing that RDA is gone) cos their readers want to read good things and cos the very existence of a lot of these mags is tied up with the success of certain shows.

I just wouldn't want anyone to like a person less or think less of them because of an interview like this.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
          I'm sorry, but at think this is more evidence of them trying to please the anti-ship/Daniellite fans now that Jack is gone. Shippers, I'm afraid, are not a target audience anymore. I'm not saying they will kill the ship (I hope not), but I do not think they will play to us anymore. I think AT is a wonderful acturess but perhaps because of the mistake with Repli-Carter, she is accepting the one mistake Sam made with repli-carter and somehow allowing the "hate-carter" groups feelings to influcence her. Could be it is hard to have a large group of fans saying such bad things about you and bashing your character, having to tip-toe around one of your storylines for years instead of just addressing it in a natural way, and then having half of that storyline leave the show. Could be that she is afraid they are telling the truth. IMO, the best thing we can do is to be as loud as before in letting AT know that one groups opinions, based quite alot IMO on the fact that "another" character didn't have all the lime light all the time, are not the general consensus of the SG community.

No offense to Daniel fans. I love Daniel too. And everyone is entitled to thunk and appreciate who they will. But the Sam-bashing was teribble and what I saw was primarily coming from that camp.

I can't stand the Sam bashing ..Sam is a great character ..and like any other series , characters grow and change .You do not stay the same all your life .. Characters play human beings who learn through their mistakes and as they get older , they become stronger persons .
          Sam is a good example of that .

You can't see it so much with the men ( Jack , Daniel, and Teal'c ) because TPTB didn't explore that side of them so much .
          The Daniel Character changed a lot but instead of being still that clever archeologist and stay that way ( Sam stayed a scientist) TPTB made him into like Lys said "Rambo Daniel" which does not suit him too much and also we see too much of that aspect lately specially with
          Spoiler:
          the sex innuendos from season 9 with the Vala character ..
          Shame ..I just thought the archeologist Daniel was very interesting ..not anymore though IMO .

Caty

Comment

I tell you what I'm looking forward too...unseen season nine spoilers here

Spoiler:
            Ripple Effect. Because, if the rumours are true, Janet is coming back in this one (yay Janet!!!! whooo!!! i can hardly keep still for teh excitement..seriously) and hopefully there will be sam/janet interaction like maybe sam telling janet how she and jack finally got together? (and maybe a little jan/dan too).

so it's a very faint hope. so faint it's almost invisible. but invisible hope is hope nonetheless.
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

No one is bashing AT. To her fans she is loyal and very loving. However on the DVD commentaries she has said that she wants to see less ship because it weaken her character (season 7). She loved the Pete ship and wanted that developed. Even on the low-downs she has made negative comments about the ship. Now she could be getting pressure from TPTB or her fellow mates on SG about being too pro-ship but this came straight from her mouth. Now, if they dubbed over her voice in the commentaries or the low-downs making it sound like she said something she didn't then she should sue their rear ends. The actors are people like everyone else but when their career depend on what they say they should watch their sixes, especially when they are upsetting the group who is defending them tooth and nail! I like AT and honor her opinion but she should not flip-flop about what side of the coin she's on, it makes her look bad!
              sigpic

Comment

Was having a look at screencaps for Revelations and found some shippy moments to share!

I love these two pics from the bit when Jack walks through Sam. Two hearts truly beating as one!

And then this sequence when Jack sees Sam zatted by Osiris's jaffa, the look on his face is Soooo shippy! and as for Teal'c, he's so aware of the j&s connection, YAY Teal'c!

Hooray for screencaps!

Comment

Aloha fair shippers!

Cathain - I'll get back to ya on the piccy...RL's been a pain in the...finger.

WELCOME FREYA...

...and anyone I may have missed!

Well...long story short...met old friend...went to pub...trapped finger in car door...now have broken little finger *wails in pain*

I'm in agreement with Madeline...I take all interviews I read with a pinch of salt...they always edit then to cause the most controversy.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yay, there is someone else out there! Hi sueKay!!

Ow, finger in car door...OUCH. Have broken fingers many times playing netball so can sympathise with your pain. BIG hugs for you

(((sueKay)))

Comment

(((Billie)))

I've only broken one finger before...now toes...toes are a different story! I've broken them a lot...and I've bust my ribs a few times!

Gott laugh though...Jack's had 9 broken bones, and I wouldn't be surprised if RDA had broken more!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ah, a fellow accident prone!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                          Ah, a fellow accident prone!!
                          Hi Billie,
                          I finally tried to write text on a pic by your tips. Unfortunately, I don't have power point so I improvised with the editing features in My Pictures. So, my new signature shows my first attempt at that. It's a start but I would like to improve. Guess I need some kind of program. My husband has photo shop. He warns me it is complex. Well, we'll see.

OT again. I'm going to watch episode, The Powers That Be, later this weekend. I will report back with spoilers for those who are interested!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                            Hi Billie,
                            I finally tried to write text on a pic by your tips. Unfortunately, I don't have power point so I improvised with the editing features in My Pictures. So, my new signature shows my first attempt at that. It's a start but I would like to improve. Guess I need some kind of program. My husband has photo shop. He warns me it is complex. Well, we'll see.

OT again. I'm going to watch episode, The Powers That Be, later this weekend. I will report back with spoilers for those who are interested!
                            Hey nell,
                            Well improvised I say! If you can get your head round photoshop you'll be squeeeeeing, it's a great program!
                            If you would like me to put your text on the pic using powerpoint in the meantime I'd be more than happy

Oh and I love the text underneath your sigpic....very funny!!

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! ((((SueKay))))

You are not the luckiest of people at the moment so am gonna cross my fingers and toes and send some luck your way
                              Hope you heel quickly my ankle is still strapped up and that was 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Ok nell,
                                please tell me you only just added the 'stop giggling Mrs O'Neill' to your signature coz otherwise I'm losing it, going crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of my faculties, three fries short of a happy meal…WACKO!

Hee hee!!

Comment

Working...
                                X