Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on 500, Oma!!! That's a lovely desktop! I agree...we can't give TPTB the satisfaction of hanging themselves - where would the fun be for US in that?!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Good morning Shippers, I have'nt stopped by in a while. But I wanted to check on everyone. This may have been discussed already, but how many shippers are planning on watching season 9? I know I am, I will at least give it a try.

Everyone have a great and shippy day! The new Sig is being shared between my daughter and me. It's all about our new puppy, Luci.
      sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
      Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by tauripeg
        Good morning Shippers, I have'nt stopped by in a while. But I wanted to check on everyone. This may have been discussed already, but how many shippers are planning on watching season 9? I know I am, I will at least give it a try.

Everyone have a great and shippy day! The new Sig is being shared between my daughter and me. It's all about our new puppy, Luci.
        Same here : I'll give it a try. I think I'll watch it as if it was a new show though cause the "original" team won't be there anymore. I don't know Ben Browder at all (I've never watched Farscape, it's not aired in France) so I don't have any opinion about him and the way he's acting, or how good he was in Farscape and if his character will be the same or different.

As for SJ ship, I'm a bit afraid it will be non-existent in S9. How could it be if
        Spoiler:
        Sam and Jack aren't in the same scene together ?

IMO most of the SJ ship was in the way they were looking at each other, when they were just being there together. Now
        Spoiler:
        with Sam absent from the 5 first episodes and with only a few episodes with RDA
        I don't know how we could be satisfied.

Sure it would be nice to hear Jack say something like : "Sam can't be here cause she's got this big project going on in Washington, but she says hello. And I'll make sure she gets all the kisses you want to send her".
        Or Sam saying : "Jack says hi, he would have liked to be here but with his new position, it's difficult. I mean, even for us to have 2 days off at the same time so we could go to the cabin, we had to plan it 2 months ago".
        It would be nice cause it would show they're together (no more "no, they're just friends, they're acting the same way with other team members").
        But I would be disappointed cause we wouldn't have to see it.

So if we can't have some scenes showing Sam and Jack maybe dating or simply being together in the same room (I didn't say 'bedroom' ), I don't even want to think about it when I'll start watching S9. I don't want to have my hopes too high and be crashed in the end.
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Very nice desktop Oma! It's such a cute picture. I always wondered what it was like that day that they took it. Tauri, I'm still watching Season 9. I'm one of the more optimistic shippers, but I kinda think we're not gonna get what we really want until the show ends. And as much as love S/J ship, it's not the only reason I watch the show. I'm curious as to where this new direction will take us.
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
              Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.
              You've found the right place : Welcome in the Sam/Jack ship Family Nikki !

Take a seat, have a cookie, post as much as you want and have fun
              Tell us a bit more about you : what's your favorite episode ? Your favorite shippy scene ?
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Welcome, Nikki! This is a great group of people to hang out with. I've enjoyed my stay and I'm sure you will too. It really is a 'family.'
                -girlgater

Comment

being that i live with my mother, it is very likely that S9 is going to be played in our house, to the chagrin of my brother (the only non fan in our family, i'm thinking he's adopted ) as for Ben Browder yumyum, I have always enjoyed his acting, his character on Farscape was kinda insane sometimes so that tells me he'll fit right in.

WELCOME NIKKI!!!!!!!!
                  -you know your crazy right?
                  -...yes
                  -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

The episode, A Hundred Days, comes on Sci-fi on Friday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about this episode. I like the fact that Carter shows that she has feelings for Jack, but the whole Laira thing makes me nauseous . How does everyone else feel?
                    -girlgater

Comment

Congratulations Oma on your 500

Welcome Nikki...you are in the right place....S/J ship family

As for 100 Days...I liked it alot. It showed alot of emotions on all parts. Sam's very obvious pinning for Jack. Doing her outmost best to find the solution to get him back. Jack being truthful to Sam till he got drunk. He is after all a man in a lonely place and a woman gives herself....what is he to do. I think this ep showed more how really Sam and Jack real feeling for each other. Even though Jack invited Laira to come back with him being a gentleman that we all know him to be, his real feelings are for Sam.
                      Sam and Jack forever....have faith it will come...praying down on my knees

Comment

Welcome Nikki!

...I think I'm the only shipper that likes ' a hundred days'...

someone please correct me!
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Welcome Nikki!

It's not that I don't like 'a hundred days,' it's just the whole Jack being a man kind of thing that kinda bothers me. I know he's trapped on this planet and essentially gives up on escaping, but I'd like to have seen him resisted the normal temptations. I guess the writers made it real because what single, adult, male would have been able to resist having an intimate encounter with a willing partner.

I do feel that Sam deals with her feelings for Jack while he is gone and realizes how important he is to her. She comes to terms with what her life would mean if he wasn't there. I know that Teal'c and Jack are friends (brothers of sorts), but I can't help but think that one reason he works so hard to rescue Jack is so that he can be with Sam. Those parts of the show I like--alot.
                          Last edited by girlgater; 11 April 2005, 07:37 AM. Reason: spelling
                          -girlgater

Comment

Don't despair Buc252 I am still with you and I am sure there are some others. Although I thought that Threads was on the right track, it fell quite a bit short of where it should have gone in order to give a proper resolution between Jack and Sam IMO. I also enjoyed Moebius 1 & 2 for the time and the kisses between Jack and Sam, but having said that I never quite bought in to the fact that that was "our" Jack and Sam and by that I mean the same people who we have watched for the last eight years.

I must say that I have never "met" a more optimistic bunch than this shipper family, and I thought I was optimistic. You guys can be pushed into a brickwall and still walk away positive. I actually have had to take a break from watching Stargate and even coming on this thread. I have never been involved with a show as much as I did with Stargate especially online and it started to overwhelm me. I had so much anticipation for the conclusion of Season 8 because of all the changes coming in Season 9 and especially because of RDA leaving that when it was finally over and ending the way it did I was at such a loss. It has changed the way that I view Stargate to the point that I really don't watch it anymore, except maybe sometimes on Monday night but somehow it has lost that warm ,fuzzy feeling. You guys are all so good at finding the little snips of ship that TPTB threw us every now and again or turning some things that I don't think were intended as ship into something that fit our needs, but my patients have run out and my eyes are sore from searching. As others have said I first started watching Stargate for the whole team dynamics that it had but soon found the relationship between Jack and Sam. For me the team dynamics soon faded except for a moment here or there and the story lines became ridiculous so the only thing really holding me was the Jack and Sam relationship; but, I too now come from the school of when Stargate starts dwindling in the ratings then TPTB will have this miraculous decision of letting Jack and Sam be together and then nothing will suddenly stand in their way. Gee where have I seen this or heard that before.....snark snark. Thankfully time has helped a lot, upon hearing the news for Season 9 that Sam and Jack are not away together I now chuckle whereas before I would have been furious. I'm not sure why TPTB are doing what they are doing and IMO I don't think that it really has anything to do with pleasing one part of the fandom over the other, but I could be wrong; I think they just don't have it in them. I still feel that they really blew it by not having a woman writer. Right now they have so many ideas floating in their heads what with Atlantis and with all the changes in store for Season 9 that until something like ratings dropping, they might never figure out what reallly kept SG1 alive, but by then who will care......I know, I know my good friends the shippers. Make no mistake about it I still would love a proper resolution for Jack and Sam, one where our closed lipped, eyes full of expression Jack and our always over thinking, always feeling Sam share a very passionate, kiss; its just that like TPTB now I am investing very little.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Welcome Nikki!

no, you're not alone! I like 100 days too From a shipper perspective I was a bit miffed when Sam put in all that blood, sweat and tears and then Jack walked off to Laira at the end, BUT I completely understand Laira's point of view! hmmmmm, Jack!

And while I've never been trapped alone on another planet for 100 days, I have moved half way around THIS planet by myself, for 7 years, and I think it's natural to make a new life, bond with people (once you accept you're not going back ). His actions weren't calculating, they were of a lonely and heartbroken man reaching out to reconnect with humanity. I've been there, and I know what that feels like. And I'm about to leave this new life I created and return to the old one, and to be honest, my thoughts are not about how excited I am about going home and how I'm looking forward to being back with my friends and family (which I am), but much more about how hard it will be to leave my friends and adopted family here, who have supported and loved me without reservation for all the time I spent with them. So, I empathise a lot with Jack in this situation, and therefore I quite like 100 days

*runs away and hides*

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki

Welcome Nikki. If you need any help with the forum, just ask and the shipper family will come to your aid.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X