Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at some piccies of various sam and jack kisses, and I was thinking..one of the things that proves this ship is this undeniable sexual heat they have between them. I mean, it's subtle, not obvious, and most of the time is kept firmly under restraint, but at the moments where they let go, like in Broca Divide and Grace, it's really, really hot. One smouldering look between the two of them is worth a thousand sex scenes with Potatohead.
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      i used to ship christine and spock too, long before i knew what shipping was. i still swear he got over his pon farr by sleeping with her, not fighting kirk. my first real ship was avon and cally..i still write fanfic for them. and now i ship for almost every programme. like for instance, right now, i'm madly shipping away for sam and christopher foyle, even though i know she;s supposed to paired off with teh younger guys, i'm just twisted in my ships.
      i know christine and spock, but who are the other ppl you're talking about, michelle?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i know christine and spock, but who are the other ppl you're talking about, michelle?

sally
        Well, Avon and Cally were in Blake's 7. He was very saturnine and cynical and untrustworthy, and supposedly unemotional, and she was very feeling, mysterious and psychic, and it was a sort of attraction of opposites, that never really got beyond the meaningful intense looks stage, except for one fantastic kiss when she was possessed by an alien being, and he was trying to get Cally to fight back. lt was all incredibly angsty and dark and hidden. I love it.

Christopher Foyle and Sam Stewart(another Sam!)... well, he's a WWII policeman in England, and she's his driver. She's a lot younger than him, and a bit naive, at the beginning, anyway. He has a son and a younger sidekick, and I think we're supposed to ship for Sam and one of them, but I just love the way he confides in her, and the way he protects her and looks after her and worries about her. Today's episode involved her being trapped in an office with a bomb, and phoning him to help, so consequently was very shippy.

There you go! I have tons of other ships too, but very few seem to working out. Almost none, in fact. When times are low, I go and watch Farscape, just to see a ship that did work out.
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

we'll let you know if the ship unexpectedly bursts onto the screen in full kissage mode, backed up by a chorus line of dancing penguins.. (what? it could happen! yes...even the penguins!!!)

btw..you're music vidos..only watched a couple so far..they're better then ever. loving them!

Yes please tell me tell me if any on screen full kissage mode scene so that I can tape at least that session LOL I may even do a special final video if that happens !!!!

Caty

Comment

Well, Avon and Cally were in Blake's 7. He was very saturnine and cynical and untrustworthy, and supposedly unemotional, and she was very feeling, mysterious and psychic, and it was a sort of attraction of opposites, that never really got beyond the meaningful intense looks stage, except for one fantastic kiss when she was possessed by an alien being, and he was trying to get Cally to fight back. lt was all incredibly angsty and dark and hidden. I love it.

Christopher Foyle and Sam Stewart(another Sam!)... well, he's a WWII policeman in England, and she's his driver. She's a lot younger than him, and a bit naive, at the beginning, anyway. He has a son and a younger sidekick, and I think we're supposed to ship for Sam and one of them, but I just love the way he confides in her, and the way he protects her and looks after her and worries about her. Today's episode involved her being trapped in an office with a bomb, and phoning him to help, so consequently was very shippy.

There you go! I have tons of other ships too, but very few seem to working out. Almost none, in fact. When times are low, I go and watch Farscape, just to see a ship that did work out.

JAG ship did work out too after 9 years ..I don't count season 1 in there because Mac was not in it .....but Farscape did work out a lot faster ...4 seasons & mini series and the RST happened if I remember in season 2 .

Farscape is the fastest on the RST ... Alias did it in season 4
            X-files after 7 years, and Stargate SG1 9 years and still waiting

When the time is right the time is right and the time is NOW LOL

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
              HEY HEY FINE SHIPPERS

<snip>

The first ever ship i ever remember being completely drawn to was when i was quite young..
              it was the Dr and the Captain out of Seaquest ...i dont remember their names...the show with a quite young Jonathon Brandis RIP ..i think it was Seaquest DSV or something along those lines

<snip>

toodles and hugs
              Bee
              Nathan Bridger and Kristin Westphalen - they were on my list, too. And yes, Jonathan Brandis was a very sad loss for the entertainment world. And to bring it back around to SG, Seaquest DSV's cast also included not one but *two* of the DeLuise brothers. (Don't worry, not !)
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

OK, so TPTB aired tonight... I have to say that
                Spoiler:
                I loved it, I really, really liked it, the story was like the before when SG1 whent offworld, even if the ep was based on Vala being a God in this world I did not feel the ep to be Sam Centric, it was old good Stargate, and be carefull, I'm not saying SG-1, but good old Stargate offworld trying to save a world from whatever fate they are in... I liked Daniel... Teal'C and Cameron did not have much appearance and well Vala did not make almost any sex reference

Was there anything bad? IMHO, I did not like nor get the story line of Landry with his daughter, what is the point of bringing this kind of drama into the show... The Doc not liking her father, it is nothing remotly as Sam and Jacob, I really hope they are not trying to cover for that, but I don't know if this is what the anti-shippers feel regarding the ship... but the scene between Landry and the Doc at the cafeteria was only missing the violins... and nop... not into that... SHIP YES!!!!!!!!, but violins... nop.

Also the Oriiiiiii!!!!!!! damn scary and mean, I have no idea how to fight them

But I can also say... dying to see Sam come back

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  OK, so TPTB aired tonight... I have to say that
                  Spoiler:
                  I loved it, I really, really liked it, the story was like the before when SG1 whent offworld, even if the ep was based on Vala being a God in this world I did not feel the ep to be Sam Centric, it was old good Stargate, and be carefull, I'm not saying SG-1, but good old Stargate offworld trying to save a world from whatever fate they are in... I liked Daniel... Teal'C and Cameron did not have much appearance and well Vala did not make almost any sex reference

Was there anything bad? IMHO, I did not like nor get the story line of Landry with his daughter, what is the point of bringing this kind of drama into the show... The Doc not liking her father, it is nothing remotly as Sam and Jacob, I really hope they are not trying to cover for that, but I don't know if this is what the anti-shippers feel regarding the ship... but the scene between Landry and the Doc at the cafeteria was only missing the violins... and nop... not into that... SHIP YES!!!!!!!!, but violins... nop.

Also the Oriiiiiii!!!!!!! damn scary and mean, I have no idea how to fight them

But I can also say... dying to see Sam come back
                  I'm wondering what your spoiler says but I'm not going to peek. I've been avoiding spoilers. Last week, I taped The Ties That Bind but I haven't watched it yet. So, I'm heading for the TV now with a nice pint of Ben & Jerry's for comfort (A girl's got to have something sweet) since neither Jack nor Sam will be in the episode. I've taped TPTB and will watch later this weekend. Earlier tonight I caught commercial glimpses of tonight's TPTB and it sounded like a situation comedy!! Yes, I am holding out high hopes for next week's return of Sam.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    Talk about ship-What about Spock and Christine Chapel on Star Trek. Influence my life enough to name my daughter Christine Amanda (amanda was for Mrs. King and Spock's mother).
                    LOL. I named my first daughter Amanda for the same reason. her middle name is Beth for a character on Guiding Light.
                    sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                      LOL. I named my first daughter Amanda for the same reason. her middle name is Beth for a character on Guiding Light.
                      All shipper have a one tracked minds-and their all good!
                      sigpic

Comment

I just got my STARGATE SG-1 magazine today and there were a couple of quotes I thought everyone might be interested in.
                        J. Mallozzi: "At the end of every year, starting from season five, we assumed it was the last year of the show, so we wanted to wrap up all the loose ends. Season eight was no exception, [and] we really wrapped up some major loose ends- the whole Jaffa storyline, their quest for freedom... We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate...
                        Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."
                        J.M."Yeah, we wrapped up Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam/Pete thing. You know, I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." from Issue#06, page 22.

Then from Amanda Tapping on page 11, talking about the different aspect of Sam Carter:
                        ".... and the whole 'Jack and Sam' thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at others....I was starting to feel a bit that the whole angst over Jack was weakening her, and I think the fans were finding that too."

hmmm.
                        sig by PM

Comment

I was looking at some piccies of various sam and jack kisses, and I was thinking..one of the things that proves this ship is this undeniable sexual heat they have between them. I mean, it's subtle, not obvious, and most of the time is kept firmly under restraint, but at the moments where they let go, like in Broca Divide and Grace, it's really, really hot. One smouldering look between the two of them is worth a thousand sex scenes with Potatohead.
                          Without words (thank God considering the "unspoken" ship status), RDA and AT are both very good at saying a lot with their eyes and body language. They are able to relay so much emotion with just a look and a gesture. I could swear sometimes think I heard things that I didn't. For instance in Threads S8
                          Spoiler:
                          I heard Jack say "I will always be here for you, I will always love you." I know when I rewatch it that he didn't actually say those words, but I heard them!
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                            I just got my STARGATE SG-1 magazine today and there were a couple of quotes I thought everyone might be interested in.
                            J. Mallozzi: "At the end of every year, starting from season five, we assumed it was the last year of the show, so we wanted to wrap up all the loose ends. Season eight was no exception, [and] we really wrapped up some major loose ends- the whole Jaffa storyline, their quest for freedom... We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate...
                            Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."
                            J.M."Yeah, we wrapped up Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam/Pete thing. You know, I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." from Issue#06, page 22.

Then from Amanda Tapping on page 11, talking about the different aspect of Sam Carter:
                            ".... and the whole 'Jack and Sam' thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at others....I was starting to feel a bit that the whole angst over Jack was weakening her, and I think the fans were finding that too."

hmmm.
                            She has been saying this crap for a long time now. Let see how far her character gets without Jack! When she screwed up with Replicator Carter, Jack wasn't even there. Who weaken who? Only thing Jack should have done was court marshall her for not obeying orders and endangering the lives of the people at the alpha site. Amanda should realize that it was how TPTB wrote the character and not the ship that made her look weak.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                              She has been saying this crap for a long time now. Let see how far her character gets without Jack! When she screwed up with Replicator Carter, Jack wasn't even there. Who weaken who? Only thing Jack should have done was court marshall her for not obeying orders and endangering the lives of the people at the alpha site. Amanda should realize that it was how TPTB wrote the character and not the ship that made her look weak.
                              I'd green rep you, Trupi, but it won't let me. Suffice it to say, I'm with you 100%. I'm getting a bit sick of AT trying to play both sides against the middle.
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                I'd green rep you, Trupi, but it won't let me. Suffice it to say, I'm with you 100%. I'm getting a bit sick of AT trying to play both sides against the middle.
                                Mary you are right, that AT is playing both sides. A lot of her fans are ignoring her comments and they have to wake up and also wake her up, that this won't be tolerated. I like AT but this is going to affect her popularity and she is one of the main reasons they brought the Pete character on board. They thought the ship community was insignificant until the crap started hitting the fan. Poor Michael Deluise is still feeling the affects.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X