This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee
    I was so tired last night. Waited to watch . Saw it too. Tried looking for you guys. Pity you were cut.
    They did cut a lot... but I did see SugarShaker's back

Originally posted by gate_girl12
    they're about to kiss.......

She gets stung by a freakin' bee!!!! What was going on with that!!!

I can just imagine if TPTB did that in Stargate... Sam and Jack about to kiss...and the 'gate gets attacked by something!!! There'd be shipper riots across the world and a LOT of TV's kicked in!!!
    Does writing the kiss and cutting it our count!!!!!! /RANT

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Hi everyone! I have a question to all S/J shippers. I am a shipper myself and I was watching SG-1 again (lost no of times I've watched it so far.) and I had a doubt in the Shipper.

Did Sam really have Feelings for Jack BEFORE Season 7??

I am asking this because I was getting the feeling that she did not. She did show some emotions when he was stuck in the planet where Asteroid hitted and when Fraiser asked her whether it is a problem, she denied it. But later on, it was all feelings from Jack's side. He only showed emotions in the "Upgrades" episode where she was stuck behind the force field. And in the Zar'tak test, he only expressed his feelings. They didn't show her confessions and it seemed like she was hiding the fact that Jack had feelings for her. And when Jack was stuck in the planet with Maybourne, she was upset because it was partially her fault (which she said it herself) and also her crying was the similar reaction she showed when Daniel ascended. She did however showed some feelings in Season 7 and then she moved on to Pete. Then she was having doubts and was questioning herself with Pete. And finally she broke it off. That's when her feelings was truly felt and expressed.

I got the doubts because there were many occasions where Jack showed his feelings openly. He risked his life a lot of time for her and when the Entity took control of her, he said she was special and also when Neerti tested her, he wanted to switch places with her. But then in Season 7 & 8, he was withdrawing while she was willing to take a chance (I have no idea why). But there were many occasions where she didn't show any feelings what so ever of his missing of life risks. Like the time when he was missing in Ba'als fortress.. she didn't show any emotions towards him missing and being tortured. And she had feelings for other people as well like the Ancient Guy, Tollan Guy, Tok'ra Guy (didn't want to remember their names because of me disliking them. ) and even the Bad Guy who escaped the Prison transfer ship (showed some kind of attraction towards him). And she did keep refusing Jack's requests to go Fishing (another way to ask for a date I guess since she would be the only one with him IF she went). So these things made me think whether she actually did have any feelings before Season 7. If she did, then either she was in Denial or she clearly didn't want the feelings to be there.

So tell me your thoughts and what you think of this...

PS : I also hated the episode of Year 2010 where Sam was married to the Ambassoder and Jack was spending his time alone after retirement. And the way both of them acted showed that he had feelings for her and was pretty angry at her for not trusting him and I didn't like the fact of how she was saying "I was hoping you would get over it." so easily as if it didn't matter to her. Kind of selfish like.... But in the next episode where Daniel was taught a lesson by the Go'uld child who gave a flash into the future, Sam was arrested for her opinions and she says to Jack that her opinion matters something to him and he did act upon her opinion which showed how much he trusted her and believed in her. So it kind of showed how the future would have played up at that time.
      Last edited by plague; 11 August 2005, 11:02 AM. Reason: Updating Info

Comment

WELCOME PLAGUE to the madness that is the SHIPPER FAMILY!

My brain's quite frazzled at the moment, so I'll get back to you about your question!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by plague
          Hi everyone! I have a question to all S/J shippers. I am a shipper myself and I was watching SG-1 again (lost no of times I've watched it so far.) and I had a doubt in the Shipper.

Did Sam really have Feelings for Jack BEFORE Season 7??

I am asking this because I was getting the feeling that she did not. She did show some emotions when he was stuck in the planet where Asteroid hitted and when Fraiser asked her whether it is a problem, she denied it. But later on, it was all feelings from Jack's side. He only showed emotions in the "Upgrades" episode where she was stuck behind the force field. And in the Zar'tak test, he only expressed his feelings. They didn't show her confessions and it seemed like she was hiding the fact that Jack had feelings for her. And when Jack was stuck in the planet with Maybourne, she was upset because it was partially her fault (which she said it herself) and also her crying was the similar reaction she showed when Daniel ascended. She did however showed some feelings in Season 7 and then she moved on to Pete. Then she was having doubts and was questioning herself with Pete. And finally she broke it off. That's when her feelings was truly felt and expressed.

I got the doubts because there were many occasions where Jack showed his feelings openly. He risked his life a lot of time for her and when the Entity took control of her, he said she was special and also when Neerti tested her, he wanted to switch places with her. But then in Season 7 & 8, he was withdrawing while she was willing to take a chance (I have no idea why). But there were many occasions where she didn't show any feelings what so ever of his missing of life risks. Like the time when he was missing in Ba'als fortress.. she didn't show any emotions towards him missing and being tortured. And she had feelings for other people as well like the Ancient Guy, Tollan Guy, Tok'ra Guy (didn't want to remember their names because of me disliking them. ) and even the Bad Guy who escaped the Prison transfer ship (showed some kind of attraction towards him). And she did keep refusing Jack's requests to go Fishing (another way to ask for a date I guess since she would be the only one with him IF she went). So these things made me think whether she actually did have any feelings before Season 7. If she did, then either she was in Denial or she clearly didn't want the feelings to be there.

So tell me your thoughts and what you think of this...
          I felt the same way as you. Sam was a little unclear when it came to returning Jack's affections. But I do believe she does but sometimes uses it when it suited her. Not right, but the way it was written. Jack was suppose to be the killer(shoots first, asks questions later) and dense mentally, she is the smart one, who asks questions first, then asks some more and then feels bad. But isn't that the way of the world. The smart with no common sense and the person with less education knows the true meaning of life. Plus he has 15 years on her. So I think it was written to reflect real life situations. (In my opinion)
          sigpic

Comment

You know of the others, the unbelievers.
            Those who stray must be guided back to the path.
            It is we who must seek the truth of the universe in order to achieve enlightenment.
            Hallowed be the S/J ship!

Ahem, um, my thoughts, right. It is a matter of interpretation for each person. I recommend you not try to rationalize every detail of every scene or piece of dialog between or about Sam and Jack. You'll only drive yourself insane. The ambiguity is on purpose.
            Last edited by UhSir; 11 August 2005, 11:18 AM.

Comment

well personnaly I have no doubt about the fact she has feelings before season7, it's just a different way of showing it

when Jack hurts you can see it in his behavior and face like in Entity, but sam, it's far more idfficult to show it because she denies it..to herself but to the others too, like Janet...so it's less interesting for TPTB to explore the visual and script side of the thing. I say that because I'm student in audiovisual and I imagine myself filming something like that. And it is not a surprise to really see Sam's feelings with the apparition of because it's the only way to really "SHOW" on screen her thoughts and feelings respecting the character and her psychology....it might not be very clear here but I am sure those feelings were there long before season 7
              it's just much more easy and interesting to explore the Jack side of the "ship" than the Sam side because of Jack's past and psychology, and more interesting for all viewer not only shippers...can you imagine long monologues by sam about her feelings...no way ! so well they had to find a way to express that...Jack acts , Sam speaks...this is right for the general side of the show and to the ship too... (careful I'm not saying that Sam is not acting ...don't want my butt to be kicked )

and if you read between the lines she said something in the Zatarc test like "something neither one of us can admit because of our working relationship" (I know it's not exact) but come on for me that means that THERE IS something to admit !! and saying nothing she admits it...all in this relationship is in the non spoken and that is a clue...for me...I take it like this so well, that is my answer, I hope you understood it and BTW....

WELCOME !

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                well personnaly I have no doubt about the fact she has feelings before season7, it's just a different way of showing it

when Jack hurts you can see it in his behavior and face like in Entity, but sam, it's far more idfficult to show it because she denies it..to herself but to the others too, like Janet...so it's less interesting for TPTB to explore the visual and script side of the thing. I say that because I'm student in audiovisual and I imagine myself filming something like that. And it is not a surprise to really see Sam's feelings with the apparition of because it's the only way to really "SHOW" on screen her thoughts and feelings respecting the character and her psychology....it might not be very clear here but I am sure those feelings were there long before season 7
                it's just much more easy and interesting to explore the Jack side of the "ship" than the Sam side because of Jack's past and psychology, and more interesting for all viewer not only shippers...can you imagine long monologues by sam about her feelings...no way ! so well they had to find a way to express that...Jack acts , Sam speaks...this is right for the general side of the show and to the ship too... (careful I'm not saying that Sam is not acting ...don't want my butt to be kicked )

and if you read between the lines she said something in the Zatarc test like "something neither one of us can admit because of our working relationship" (I know it's not exact) but come on for me that means that THERE IS something to admit !! and saying nothing she admits it...all in this relationship is in the non spoken and that is a clue...for me...I take it like this so well, that is my answer, I hope you understood it and BTW....

WELCOME !
                Well... unless I got it wrong, she DID show some emotions towards the Tok'Ra guy and also some kind of feelings towards the Tollan guy. But it was not the same case with Jack. And also I do agree that she might have had some feelings for him and she was in denial... but there would be no need to reject his offer for the date by the lake now is there? Doesn'r seem accurate. And about the character... Jack's Character is more strong and doesn't show emotions more than Sam. He was being strong and then he was a bit soft towards Sam & the other members in his team. Even as a leader and as a person he was always covering her 6. I guess I was just expecting a bit more reaction from her than plain non-reaction to emotional scenes.

Comment

Well... unless I got it wrong, she DID show some emotions towards the Tok'Ra guy and also some kind of feelings towards the Tollan guy. But it was not the same case with Jack. And also I do agree that she might have had some feelings for him and she was in denial... but there would be no need to reject his offer for the date by the lake now is there? Doesn'r seem accurate. And about the character... Jack's Character is more strong and doesn't show emotions more than Sam. He was being strong and then he was a bit soft towards Sam & the other members in his team. Even as a leader and as a person he was always covering her 6. I guess I was just expecting a bit more reaction from her than plain non-reaction to emotional scenes.

yes I understand your frustration but my opinion on that was more technical than just facts, I just sid that if we've seen more Jack moments than Sam it's because the Jack charcater is more complex and more interesting to show and explore for TPTB than Sam could be on a personal side. Jack carries his heavy past and the responsability he has for his team..that's what I wanted to say

then of course, she turned down his propositions but this not means (for me) than she doesn't have feelings for him. Sam thinks...a lot ...too much....Jack is reacting and thinking after. So of course she rejects him because she thinks and she knows that if she says yes...she might regret it...not on a personal level but on a professional level...they are air force and they respect each other and if Jack asks it's because he knows she will turn him down like she says. So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of....and a very good way to keep people watching...a lot of smiles, blush and frustration....because a lot of those moments and not reaction and upside down situation are here for one reason and only one in their mind $$$$...but I'm loosing it here !!

well maybe this time it's a bit clearer

Comment

yes I understand your frustration but my opinion on that was more technical than just facts, I just sid that if we've seen more Jack moments than Sam it's because the Jack charcater is more complex and more interesting to show and explore for TPTB than Sam could be on a personal side. Jack carries his heavy past and the responsability he has for his team..that's what I wanted to say

then of course, she turned down his propositions but this not means (for me) than she doesn't have feelings for him. Sam thinks...a lot ...too much....Jack is reacting and thinking after. So of course she rejects him because she thinks and she knows that if she says yes...she might regret it...not on a personal level but on a professional level...they are air force and they respect each other and if Jack asks it's because he knows she will turn him down like she says. So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of....and a very good way to keep people watching...a lot of smiles, blush and frustration....because a lot of those moments and not reaction and upside down situation are here for one reason and only one in their mind $$$$...but I'm loosing it here !!

it is a flirting game and they do it so well but FCOL 8 yrs .... time to do something about it

Comment

then of course, she turned down his propositions but this not mean (for me) than she doesn't have feelings for him. Sam thinks...a lot ...too much....Jack is reacting and thinking after. So of course she rejects him because she thinks and she knows that if she says yes...she might regret it...not on a personal level but on a professional level...they are air force and they respect each other and if Jack asks it's because he knows sh will tunr him down like she says. So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of....

It's clearer now on the point of view of Jack's life. I agree to that as well. To be honest, they did cover up Sam's life as well didn't they? Like the way all those guys showing their interest in her and also a couple of episodes of her getting kidnapped (once by civilians and once in Prometheus) and then in Season 7 & 8, episodes of her in Prometheus and also her & pete. So basically after Jack falling in love with Sam and turning down Freya (who is a hot chick for Tok'Ra by the way), they couldn't make any more personal connections for him with any other women... So only way to show his feelings is in Sam's situations. That's what you are saying right?? I agree to that as well.

But I am still a bit confused about her thinking too much about saying Yes to the trip to the lake. Because in Season 8, she was the one who was pushing it and he was trying to hide from it. Maybe he was questioning himself or the feelings, or maybe something else was there. But in Season 8, she was more than willing to go on and I guess she must have wanted to take the risk. And finally they did go to the lake for fishing would have been a symbolic response that she was willing to take the risk & so was he. I'm just guessing here so feel free to point out your facts & thoughts.

Comment

but there would be no need to reject his offer for the date by the lake now is there?
                        I can think of a few:
                        • Jack is her boss. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but the mind-game this leads to is what would make her reject the idea.
                        • The dreaded military regulations. Pure bunk, but they say it often enough on the show to make it a reason.
                        • She doesn't fair so well with up-close-and-personal relationships and she really likes Jack so she doesn't want to risk ruining the friendship.
                        • She doesn't like fishing.
                        • She doesn't really know what she wants. She's been busy with her career and many years building up that emotional wall. (Remember what she said in COTG about "reproductive organs" and it's not just a wall but a reinforced-concrete wall.)

Comment

I wanted the Professor to at least show a pulse and go for someone (probably Mary Ann).

Actually, though, a lot of my shipping has been for characters in books(plus movies), as my series TV has been limited the last few years, or I happen on them in re-runs when the ship or lack of ship has already been determined, but I watch anyway. No particular reason why I miss the series TV, except that I watch a lot of public TV and there's only so much time. There's ship in the public TV fiction shows, but they don't run all that long. Well, if anyone remembers Upstairs/Downstairs that did run a looooong time. Can't even remember if I shipped for anyone on that. I did pull for Ross/Rachel on NBC though, as I watched that, and was rewarded. I'm reading two series of mysteries now with ship and eagerly await the next books.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            it is a flirting game and they do it so well but FCOL 8 yrs .... time to do something about it
                            I know I was just extrapoliate a little ...too much
                            you're damned right !!! and I have a soltuion for them !! a BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!!

Comment

sueKay presents...

In Between the Threads - Chapter 10 - In Between the lines 2
                              Based DIRECTLY on Threads.

Read and review please!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                This is my first post, I hope it works.I've been lurking for a little while now. I started watching stargate at the end of june, and thanks to netflix, I'm now in season 5. I was inspired to delurk by all of the ship lists. Here are mine:
                                Sam/Jack
                                Mulder/Scully
                                John/Delenn (B5)
                                Marcus/Ivanova (B5)
                                Lyta/Zack (B5)
                                Ross/Rachel
                                Chandler/Monica
                                Harm/Mac
                                Jarod/Miss Parker
                                Lee/Amanda
                                Remington/Laura
                                Kate/Jack (LOST)