This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
    I need kicks, anyone? Kicks for Cathain? I've got too many unfinished stories.
    INCOMONG FOOT UP Cathian's DERRIERE!!! LOL

Okay, everyone, let's take a WIP fic count?

HailDorothy who has about 41 unfinished fics...talk about procrastination!
    Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
    Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
    Sam: "If you say so, sir."
    Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
    Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
    [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
      INCOMONG FOOT UP Cathian's DERRIERE!!! LOL

Okay, everyone, let's take a WIP fic count?

HailDorothy who has about 41 unfinished fics...talk about procrastination!
      *dies laughing* Thanks!

Comment

Okay...here's mine...my 'lost fics' list...not lost the show...but fics with no ending...

Myabe if we put a little synopsis...folks'll read them and give us a sharp kick to finish the story they like???

The Dance - Voyager Janeway/Chakotay
        The Alien Connection - Red Dwarf

the rest are SG1

Finding Grace - Suffering from a recurring dream, Sam decides to find Grace. Meanwhile, Jack has to return to Edora...
        A Different Point of View - SG1 find an ancient device that can go to another dimension, where SG1 are actors on a popular TV show.
        MTV Generation - year after starting school, MJ is still the odd one out. An incident in his Physics class causes him to reconsider his priorities...
        Call from the Future - When an SG team from several years in the future arrives at the SGC, what will it mean for SG1?
        Kindergaten Colonel - What's going on?
        Seven Sisters - Now called Stargate: Ida - Beginnings - Somewhere in the Universe, there is a point where past, present, future and realities collide. Have the ancients helped Jack find it?
        The Hell's Trilogy 2 - The Doctor's Hell - Sequel to The General's Hell. A month after Pete Shanahans dissappearance, everything's back to normal...or is it?
        In Between the Threads - My take on Threads
        The Third Race - On a black ops assignment, Daniel sees a side to Jack O'Neill he wished he never had. Can he forgive Jack and solve the mystery before it's too late?
        A Month's Leave, a Life's change - Adventure, tradgedy, angst and SJ ship.
        Jack's Big Honkin Invention - The title says it all!
        Jack's Big Day - This day comes but once a year...
        A Fish Called Kinsey - there's something fishy about Jack's latest 'acquisition'...
        Another Life - AU...season one
        Frozen Treats - Based on a scene from macGyver!

So...that's 17 in total!

And if you wanna read them (there's ship in almost every one)...just click on the 'my fanfiction' link in my sig

[/shameles fanfiction plug]
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The very handsome Alexis Cruz (what dimples)
          Last edited by trupi; 10 August 2005, 04:50 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
            I've uploaded my mini ficlet to the Gateworld hosting....so, for some ship...along the lines of the posts from Bren Ren, Uber and ST 1 of the last few days, infused w/some beer and music....

here it is:
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...R1_YR6-104.jpg
            Ok...well, Jack is very excited about it...

Now, here it is:
            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...versation.html

Hope you like it....any feedback appreciated...

S
            *sigh* Well done!! You need to be inspired more often! Grab a glass of wine, turn on the music, and "get busy"!! Ah...a Shipper is never satisfied! Thank goodness for all you wonderfully talented authors that are willing to share your creative spirits!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Okay...here's mine...my 'lost fics' list...not lost the show...but fics with no ending...

So...that's 17 in total!

And if you wanna read them (there's ship in almost every one)...just click on the 'my fanfiction' link in my sig

[/shameles fanfiction plug]
              Okay...my list isn't that long...I think I've got the main three...

May I Have This Dance? - Sam and Jack become dance partners when Pete is away and Daniel is unable to help out.

A Major and her Gentleman - A bachelorette auction changes Sam's life forever.

Someone to Watch Over Me - Sam and Jack go undercover as a married couple to flush out an NID conspiracy.

All of these are really shippy. Then again I've got other stories that I want to do a sequel to and what not.

And in response to Trupi's pics, Alexis Cruz is a major cutie, why not bring him back now that he's an Ancient?

Comment

Congratulations, gatebee, on 3,500 posts!

I'm really enjoying all the fic recs! There's nothing like a good Sam & Jack fic for a bedtime story. I try to curl up with one every night.

sueKay, I've been thinking about you ever since you told us about your grades, but I didn't reply immediately, because I wanted to give it some thought. I don't know what it is you really want to do, but have you thought about a career as a graphic artist? You have a good eye, and no longer than you've been around computers, it's obvious that you learn fast. If you were in the States, I bet you could get a job easily.

I'm sorry to hear that the economy is depressed in your area. How far are you from an urban center? There are usually more jobs in the arts/media in those cities. Or, if you decide to work for a year, have you thought about trying to find some sort of job at the university nearest you? Here, that would mean a discount on tuition once you actually enrolled.

It sounds like things are so different there than they are here that my ideas may be of no help at all. But you're too bright a girl not to have a bright future!

Right now, I'm watching an ABC News special on the career of Peter Jennings. For anyone who doesn't know who he was, he was ABC's prime anchor for the past 24 years. A Canadian (He became an American in 2003), he dropped out of high school to take a job in radio, and despite his lack of formal education, he made it to the very top of his profession. People who knew him said he read constantly; about anything and everything. He got most of his education by himself.

Peter Jennings died this week at 67, of lung cancer. But the reason I mention him is to reiterate that even when it seems you're at a disadvantage, there's still hope. I have faith in the spunky, intelligent sueKay I've come to know online.....and I believe that despite this setback, she will find the right road. Just don't give up, girl! You're in a tough situation right now, but if you plan and work hard, you will find the right path. (**clears throat**steps down from soapbox**nods head resolutely)

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  Hi everyone!

I'm here but I'm trying to think of something profound to add

About the voting opening, I must say I was surprised to get a nomination for my Teal'c / humor story "Ladies Man" and none for "May I Have This Dance?" or "Someone to Watch Over Me" - especially since those two stories pull in most of my reviews.

And in S/J ship related news, I'm finishing up my "A Major and her Gentleman" series and I need a song to play at Sam and Jack's wedding that will not only work for our lovely pair but allow for romantic interaction for other characters as well (fans of the series might know what I'm talking about). Anyway - any ideas?
                  Well, since you asked.....I am a big fan, you may recall my earlier mention, of American Classics and the series that Rod Stewart has sung. One of the songs instantly had me thinking of a scene following Sam and Jack's marriage where they are receiving guests' congratulations at the reception and folks are happy and festive. Here it is...the song is playing in the background of my little fantasy... BTW, the effect may be lost without the music. Because it sure sounds great when Rod's singing it.

Our Love is Here to Stay by George and Ira Gershwin

It's very clear, our love is here to stay
                  Not for a year but ever and a day
                  The radio and the telephone and the movies that we know
                  May just be passing fancies and in time may go

But, oh, my dear, our love is here to stay
                  Together we're going a long, long way
                  In time the Rockies may crumble, Gibraltar may tumble
                  They're only made of clay
                  But our love is here to stay

Repeat stanzas

OR Cole Porter's Night and Day

Night and day, you are the one
                  Only you beneath the moon and under the sun
                  Whether near to me, or far
                  It's no matter, darling, where you are
                  I think of you, night and day

Day and night, why is it so
                  That this longing for you follows wherever I go
                  In the roaring traffic's boom
                  In the silence of my lonely room

Day and night, under the hide of me
                  There's an, oh, such a hungry yearning burning inside of me
                  And its torment won't be through
                  Until you let me spend my life making love to you
                  Day and night, night and day

Whether near to me or far
                  I think of you
                  Night and day
                  sigpic

Comment

((((sg1 fanintn))))

I live in an urban conurbation (albeit on the edge) within 50 miles of three cities...unless I have a degree...no-one will give me a career-driven job.

Universities aren't in the habit of hiring undergrads that aren't studying...although my friend Gillian is a clerical assistant at Glasgow.

I'd love to do something to do with one of the following - geology, ancient history, writing or digital art...I'm going to apply for Earth Science...see if I can get that.

Everyone here has been so supportive of me...and the ammount of PMs, emails and posts here has really meant something to me...I'm so grateful I'm part of such an amazing online community.

(((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
                      Hey, all you Sam and Jack Shippers.

I just saw that voting has opened in the SG Awards and closes August 25th.

I strongly encourage everyone to go read the nominated fics and VOTE for your favorite authors and stories!

The more votes for Sam and Jack fics the louder we roar!

Here's the site address:

http://sgawards.creative-imperative.net/main.shtml
                      THANKS for the heads-up!!! So many fics...so little time!!

Token ~

Comment

Cathain - here's another kick in the derriere

May I have this dance - FINISH IT!!!! PLEASE!!!
                        A major and her gentleman - DITTO!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Well, since you asked.....I am a big fan, you may recall my earlier mention, of American Classics and the series that Rod Stewart has sung. One of the songs instantly had me thinking of a scene following Sam and Jack's marriage where they are receiving guests' congratulations at the reception and folks are happy and festive. Here it is...the song is playing in the background of my little fantasy... BTW, the effect may be lost without the music. Because it sure sounds great when Rod's singing it.

Our Love is Here to Stay by George and Ira Gershwin

It's very clear, our love is here to stay
                          Not for a year but ever and a day
                          The radio and the telephone and the movies that we know
                          May just be passing fancies and in time may go

But, oh, my dear, our love is here to stay
                          Together we're going a long, long way
                          In time the Rockies may crumble, Gibraltar may tumble
                          They're only made of clay
                          But our love is here to stay

Repeat stanzas

OR Cole Porter's Night and Day

Night and day, you are the one
                          Only you beneath the moon and under the sun
                          Whether near to me, or far

Day and night, why is it so
                          That this longing for you follows wherever I go
                          In the roaring traffic's boom
                          In the silence of my lonely room

Day and night, under the hide of me
                          There's an, oh, such a hungry yearning burning inside of me
                          And its torment won't be through
                          Until you let me spend my life making love to you
                          Day and night, night and day

Whether near to me or far
                          I think of you
                          Night and day
                          Thank you Nell! I've got one of his CDs right here and that song might just be the one I've been looking for to use in this scene...thank you!

Comment

Cathain - here's another kick in the derriere

May I have this dance - FINISH IT!!!! PLEASE!!!
                            A major and her gentleman - DITTO!!!!!
                            To prove I'm a queen at procrastination...

What no kick for "Someone"? Not a fan?

Comment

I've not read it yet

sorry!
                              sigpic

Comment

I've not read it yet

sorry!
                                Hey no worries, I'm just trying to procrastinate from actually working!

Comment

Working...
                                X