X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    As I was rewatching Moebius (sp? ) yesterday S8
    Spoiler:
    and watching Sam going over what she would say and practicing the line "just because my reproductive organs.....etc., I got to thinking. Because they are basically the same person, I honestly think Capt. Carter had practiced that line herself a few times before saying it in that room to Col. O'Neill. Being a bit more bold that her AR self, I think she felt more confident delivering the line.

I see her in her uniform, saying that line to the mirror, but with a smirk on her face.
    what I wonder is how many takes they had to do for that line. I can just imagine the guys in the room especially RDA cracking up

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      what I wonder is how many takes they had to do for that line. I can just imagine the guys in the room especially RDA cracking up
      Poor Amanda. What she must have had to put up with.

Then again, kissing RDA would make it all worth while.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Congrates on 600th Post

i totally agree with you blueiris kissing RDA would have been totaly made up for it i would hahaha
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Well...

No university for me...I got even worse results than I was expecting

Advanced higher music - D
          Higher English - A (the only good result)
          Higher Business Management - C
          Modern Studies - Fail

Oh well...off to the job centre I go.
          Sorry to hear that sueKay. Know you're probably sick of hearing this, but there are always options. Don't know what the education system is like over there, but in Oz you can always go to TAFE and get a diploma, then transfer to a University course. See if you can talk to a careers councellor, they'll be able to tell you more.

In regards to previous messages, I too can not watch a show and not get 'shippy'. I was watching an episode of MacGyver the other night, and couldn't stop myself from thinking...Hmmm, if only Sam was on a rescue mission, and rescued Mac. :s In regards to JAG, I never really liked Mac, I'm more of a Season 1 Meg kinda girl.

For all you Melbournians, make sure the heater and electric blankets are on, it's damn cold outside

Comment

Heya everyone!

Well...I got news from mu institution today...they've rejected me...

ah well...

My options are...
            clearance courses at university
            open university
            work

college is full and I can't apply to it until february...

...oh well.

I'm working on some shippy projects, so I hope you like then when they're done!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by gemma
              yeah!! Ethan and Amelia!! I also loved that show, I think I even have many of them on tape somewhere.
              As far as ships

how bout
              Mac/Harm(JAG)
              Olivia/Elliot(LO SVU)
              Zoey/Dan(Wild Card)
              Fran/Mr Sheffield(Nanny)

of course
              Mulder/Scully
              Lois/Clark
              Jack/Sam

I just can't get enough ship
              can't wait to see what new fall shows will have ship, always looking for my next fix

I will add

-John Koening and Helena Russel ( Space 1999)
              http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Space1999.html

- Marguerite & Roxton ( Lost world )
              - Veronica and Ned Malone ( Lost world)
              http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/videos.html

- Isabelle & David ( Tales of the south Seas )
              http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-...southseas.html

- John & Aeryn ( Farscape)
              http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Farscape.html

and of course Mulder and Scully
              http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/xfiles.html

without forgetting Sam and Jack

Caty

Comment

Heya everyone!

ah well...

My options are...
                open university
                work

...oh well.

I like your new sig (((Suekay)

Well why not work for a year?!!! In the UK or abroad ..either to make a bit of money or to get some experience ..then it will give you plenty of time to apply for Uni and start in 2006 .
                I know a lot of teenagers who did that and they seem quite happy with it .

Good luck Suekay

Caty

Comment

((((Caty))))

The idea of working for a year sounds like hell to me...and the chances of getting a decent job are non-existant...my area has the highest unemployment rate in the UK because there are no jobs at all. I get £3.40 an hour, and I'm considered to be making good money.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                    Sorry to hear that sueKay. Know you're probably sick of hearing this, but there are always options. Don't know what the education system is like over there, but in Oz you can always go to TAFE and get a diploma, then transfer to a University course. See if you can talk to a careers councellor, they'll be able to tell you more.

In regards to previous messages, I too can not watch a show and not get 'shippy'. I was watching an episode of MacGyver the other night, and couldn't stop myself from thinking...Hmmm, if only Sam was on a rescue mission, and rescued Mac. :s In regards to JAG, I never really liked Mac, I'm more of a Season 1 Meg kinda girl.

For all you Melbournians, make sure the heater and electric blankets are on, it's damn cold outside

Harm and Mac all the way as a shippy couple for JAG ..Meg was alright but she was not that sexy and I could only see a brother/Sister ship between Harm and Meg . They were cute but the chemistry was not really there .

The Sparks melted the screen though when Mac was introduced to Harm and they had to shake hands Their eyes in that scene ..WOW
                    I like the introduction of Mac in Jag because TPTB went for a relationship orientated show from that point , nicely mixed with all the missions and court cases they had to go through .

The Sam and Jack ship was really interesting until season 6 really ..then the focus on the relationship was overdone or not done too well . We still had some great scenes in season 7 and 8 but The focus of the ship was done in a weird way ..They should have used the Sam and Jack ship while they were on mission together ..like before but I suppose with the introduction of the spud so late in the show , it was then difficult to do it well in such a short time .

In JAG , we saw Mac and Harm with other boyfriends/girlfriends ..but they were part of the story and it was good and exiting ( Mac/webb) was a great ship story and Harm was always there for her ....Also we knew that they knew that what they felt for each other ( Harm/Mac) was something they never experienced before ... VERY SPECIAL ...we knew because they said it on screen ...

......Sam and Jack never did ..they could not even talk to each other about their feelings ....

.....Harm and Mac did tell each other everything ......even if they kept holding back ...and they still had a pact ...that 5 years down the line , if they were still single , they'll have a baby together ..which means get together and that was nice to know . The ship sailed all the way and with that pact , it was nice for the shippers to see ,that in season 10, they were still single therefore ..together at the end

Caty
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 10 August 2005, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                      Ahemm S/J pictures and chocolate , what else can a girl want for her birthday
                      Thanks for the birthday wishes dipsofjazz

Happy belated birthday Jaffacakes

Caty

Comment

Jafacakes : Happy belated birthday !!!!

I just have a quick question, I know this subject has been mentioned recently so sorry about that ! But I am at work and don't have time to look for the answer

I am buying books on play.com
                        which book to you recmmend ? of course I'm taking a matter of honor by Sally Malcom but what about the others ? should I or not ?? wich one ?
                        I wanted to wait for the new sally Malcom to buy both at the same time but finally what's the point because shipping is free on this site, I can't wait to read it

thanks for your help shippers !!!!

Comment

((((Caty))))

The idea of working for a year sounds like hell to me...and the chances of getting a decent job are non-existant...my area has the highest unemployment rate in the UK because there are no jobs at all. I get £3.40 an hour, and I'm considered to be making good money.
                          ((((sueKay)))) big hugs, sorry to hear bout your exams, but hey an A in English - it just had to be with all your great fan fic writing!!

Here's a suggestion, have you thought about applying for the police? I'm not sure what the starting age is in Scotland but it's a really good career and if you join early you get to retire when you are 55 with a great pension!! Always good to plan for the future I think
                          Also, it gives you the opportunity to emulate Action Sam! I just need to find my Action Jack to complete my pretty picture!!

Comment

Heya everyone!

ah well...

My options are...
                            open university
                            work

...oh well.

((((((((suekay))))))))))

I am sorry to hear that they didn't take you in. But I was in the same boat; I got rejected from Birmingham uni and Aston uni so that's why I decided to take a gap year (well a year and a half).

So did you check your UCAS points??? And have you found any clearance courses???

I hope you find something. You are always so positive so I am sure you will!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Ok so people have been giving their ship pairing past and present, guess I'll give it a go...

Picard/Crusher
                              Will/Deanna
                              Ross/Rachel
                              Lois/Clark
                              Buffy/Angel

And of course...

Mulder/Scully
                              Sam/Jack

And I am on the way to being a Shep/Weir shipper. I said I wouldn't ship in Atlantis but I just can't help it (been watching season 1 again ).

There are probably a lot more but I have to go now and visit my placement so see you all later!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

(((Billie)))

I have considered the police, but I don't know...I'm friends with a few local police officers (I used to give them free chips when they came into the takeaway while on the beat!) and they've suggested the idea...

only thing is...the crime rate in this area's high and I'm a chicken****!

(((Tracey)))

I've been doing some hunting for clearance, and it's promising!

Archaeology
                                Earth Science
                                Psychology
                                and
                                Social Studies

I've contact Glasgow Uni via email, but I'm going to phone them later today to find out the entry requirements!

But I can't find the UCAS tariff calculator on the UCAS site!!! So could you help me!
                                Highers
                                ABBBC
                                Advanced Highers
                                D
                                Intermediate 2
                                A

What do I do with my standard grades?

And on topic...SAM AND JACK FOREVER!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X