This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I'm going to *cough* borrow Token's post, and add to the congratulations for jafacake's birthday!
    Ahemm S/J pictures and chocolate , what else can a girl want for her birthday
    Thanks for the birthday wishes dipsofjazz

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      SueKay why don't you save your money and come to the United States to college! I work at Brooklyn college and we take lots of UK and West Indies students. Also lots of your last years cources are considered college level in the states. So you might already be a term into our university. Check it out-www.brooklyn.cuny.edu-got nothing to lose. The water heart is great-thanks Mala!
      Our US education system gets a lot of guff, but one of best things about it--there's always a chance to change your direction and not get pigeonholed at a young age. You may have studied auto mechanics in school, but if you change your mind it's not too late to work towards being a lawyer (as an extreme example). Of course, it takes lots of hard work and time and maybe scholarships as well as part-time jobs, but it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Our US education system gets a lot of guff, but one of best things about it--there's always a chance to change your direction and not get pigeonholed at a young age. You may have studied auto mechanics in school, but if you change your mind it's not too late to work towards being a lawyer (as an extreme example). Of course, it takes lots of hard work and time and maybe scholarships as well as part-time jobs, but it can be done.
        Very true...also its not like you can't go to school even if everywhere you applied denied you, there's always community college.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          Hi Shipper Family...

This is my 600 post... *sigh* ships goes so fast, it seem only yesterday when our Sam and Jack were stepping together thru that gate

And that brought me to this post.. I was wondering what would they be doing now, we all know they have been fishing and well, all that time that Sam has off right now and Jack being so busy in Washington (yeah, sure!)... we all know where they are so we will leave them on their own...., they do need intimacy after all these years in front of the regs..., so I would like to commemorate the begining of the journey and where they are in their lives today

"For Once In My Life"

For once in my life I have someone who needs me
          Someone I've needed so long
          For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me
          And somehow I know I'll be strong

For once I can touch what my heart used to dream of
          Long before I knew
          Someone warm like you
          Would make my dreams come true

For once in my life I won't let sorrow hurt me
          Not like it hurt me before
          For one, I have something I know won't desert me
          I'm not alone anymore

For once, I can say, this is mine, you can't take it
          As long as I know I have love, I can make it
          For once in my life, I have someone who needs me
          Congrats! What a perfect way to celebrate such a great event!

Comment

Don't forget that on Conan O'Brien tonight (this morning-whatever), Pierre Bernard was filming at the NJ Stargate convention. Lynn and myself were filmed looking at Pierrre's artwork. You'll also see Michael and Chris.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Don't forget that on Conan O'Brien tonight (this morning-whatever), Pierre Bernard was filming at the NJ Stargate convention. Lynn and myself were filmed looking at Pierrre's artwork. You'll also see Michael and Chris.
              You mean they came just to film at the Stargate Con? Cool! I'm setting the VCR now!

Hubby got his work done, so I'm going back online for just a moment to ask this question and to say:

Congratulations, LOL4JACK, on 600 posts!
              Happy belated birthday, jafacakes!

Nighty-night, North America!
              Good morning, Europe!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Okay, I'll give it a go, but I reserve the right to add if I realize some I've forgotten. LOL

(In no particular order):
                Dr. Brackett/Dixie
                Stringfellow Hawke/Caitlin
                Gambit/Rogue
                Face/Amy
                Angel/Buffy
                Robin/Marion
                Robert/Marion
                Starbuck/Athena
                Vincent/Catherine
                Steve/Jamie
                Clive/Marie
                Peter/Nikki
                Ethan/Amelia
                Dakota/Claire
                Pete/Julie
                Lois/Clark
                Don West/Judy
                Will/Deanna
                Picard/Crusher
                Matt/CJ
                Sonny/Gina
                Andy/Bailey
                Lee/Amanda
                Nathan/Kristen
                Tom/B'Elanna
                Austin James/Mickey
                Jake/Sarah
                Leo/Piper
                Jack/Danielle
                Don Diego/Victoria
                Mulder/Scully
                Jack/Sam

However, for all those, the only couples I've ever read or written fanfic for are Tom/B'Elanna, Scully/Mulder, and Jack/Sam.

Now, if I've stumped you on any of these names, feel free to ask. Some of the series I adored, but only lasted a year. LOL

Wow, someone else that shipped for Ethan and Amelia!!!! I loved them!!! Can I say that again, I loved them!!! I also love Rogue and Gambit and really wish they would play that up in the Xmen movies. Maybe the third one? A girl can dream LOL
                Heidi
                Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

yeah!! Ethan and Amelia!! I also loved that show, I think I even have many of them on tape somewhere.
                  As far as ships

how bout
                  Mac/Harm(JAG)
                  Olivia/Elliot(LO SVU)
                  Zoey/Dan(Wild Card)
                  Fran/Mr Sheffield(Nanny)

of course
                  Mulder/Scully
                  Lois/Clark
                  Jack/Sam

I just can't get enough ship
                  can't wait to see what new fall shows will have ship, always looking for my next fix

Comment

I'm watching Conan and they didn't mention Pierre Bernard. The post at gate world said Aug.10 but maybe they really meant tomorrow night/morning. Well I'll watch to the end already up and read some fanfics. Sorry guys-maybe tommorrow!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      you know-all i have to say about the question that CJ asked about Vala and Sam-
                      Are you kidding me? What a set up. The boys from Vancouver once again missed the point of the complaints. Vala was poorly written. Period. just like they had/have poorly wrote Sam in the last 2 seasons. They refuse to take responsibility for their pitiful efforts and attempt to blame a certain section of the fandom for their poor work
                      another thing... all the things that make us love sam, vala isn't.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                        SueKay, that is a lovely pic . I have never been to a CON.
                        Just dreaming out loud ..... what if RDA and AT had a CON? Just typing the idea makes me feel giddy.

pic fr stargatesg1971
                        amanda and rick at a con.

together.

i'd die.

but with a smile on my face.

OH, MY, GAWD, THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          I have a question before I head to get some sleep...

am I the only one here that really enjoyed s7 and the beginning of s8...I LOVE New Order, Lockdown and Zero hour...

...lol
                          Spoiler:
                          Watched New Order 2 with my mum the other day...when fifth appeared as Pete, my mum proclaimed.. "There's that deranged stalker Sam's doing it with! I knew there was something not right about him...Now I know he's that replicator guy!

So now my mum thinks that Pete's been Fifth in disguise!!!

Night all!
                          well, suekay, your mom's a very smart woman.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                            Hello again Gang! Dropping in from La La Land cos I can't resist this message! Excellent post, by the way, Uber!

Yup! From the moment she walks into the briefing, all silhouetted curves and Surprise! I'm A Woman!Sam! comes in barrels blazing. Jack eats it up with a spoon! Then there's that campfire scene a bit later... Ahhhh....

I loved the way Jack didn't really fight her off all that hard, not to mention the way he drags his face down her neck as he lifts her to carry her to the infirmary. And of course, the way he couldn't resist teasing her in the end about her "hot little tank top number" was just sooo cute!

He called her SAM!!!! That alone gets a great big shipper Squee!! outta me!

Then he goes and calls her Sarah... Arggg... But they snuggled... and the side-arm tease... Not too bad, all things considered. This one really cemented the bond between them, I think.

"Engaged?! But that's against Regulations!" "It IS theoretically possible, Sir." The look on his face throughout this scene is just priceless!! Meanwhile Sam is busy rationalizing and focusing on the science instead of the heart of the matter. Typical coping mechanism for our resident genius.

He shed a tear over her! How many team mates has he done that over? Certainly not Kowalski... Something makes me think there's a lot more going on beneath the surface here! Hee heeee.....

As someone mentioned, the Backside Ogling!! He knows she's nekkid, and he likes it a bit too much! {sniggle!} And not just holding on longer than necessary, it was arm around her waist, heads dipped sooo close together, she was practically stroking his arm, and they looked *really* comfortable in that position!

Waaayyy longer than necessary. I guess we missed the memo that announced hugging your CO/2IC is now standard report protocol in the field. {More Sniggles!}

More Sam avoidance. And that look on her face in the end? She was definitely not a happy camper!!

Sam admitting she misses him. But it's not a problem, no sirreebob! Probably the first time Sam admitted to herself her underlying feelings for Jack.

Also must mention Shades of Grey. I'm in the "Jack was assigned the sting op before they left for Edora, so the whole Laira thing was Jack setting the team up for his eventual return" camp. Sorry, but I don't buy for a second that he thought they would never rescue them. That it could take a long while, yes. Never? Hah! And his dread over returning home... he knew he was going back to lie to his closest friends. Who wouldn't be dreading that?

Oh, and Jack's line in SoG: "I haven't been acting like myself since I met you." The double edged truth in that statement was really wicked! One of my favorite Jack lines ever! (Right after "Fire Away! I hope shots of my ass serve you well!" from Heroes.... Believe me, Jack, they serve us *very* well! {SNIGGLE!!}

The none too subtle flirting... The super close up of Jack's lips... Sorry, I digress... I think this bit represents the internal battle both Sam and Jack are fighting... How far do we take this? How close is too close?

I'd also say, then, that Upgrades was also a pivotal moment, as the incident that brought those feelings to the surface transpired during this ep. Can you imagine the immediate aftermath of that ep, only to have it blowup in their faces, so to speak, in D&C?

Don't forget he got to kiss AU Sam in POV and Sam had to Watch, FCOL!

And we learn of the kiss that was left in the editing room floor. The true torture of the Shippers by The Idiots In Charge begins...

I think this must have been the breaking point for them. It's the only way to justify the Ship-Black-Hole of Season Five...He didn't just almost lose her, he *killed* the woman he loves! He sat in that infirmary for God knows how many hours *knowing that he was responsible for her death and there was no hope of her coming back*.

The closest we got was Desperat Measures, but the opportunities that plot presented were utterly wasted. Closest we got was Jack saying to Maybourne (of all people) "This is Carter." He really should have said "Sam." Really. I loved her concern for Jack at the end, after he got shot.

Oh, and Sam's line to Danny-boy as he was 'dying': "I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel." Hello??? Sam??? There's a certain chocolate-eyed Colonel you should be having this discussion with!!!!

One of the most bittersweet scenes in the ship-history, Sam crying her heart out on Teal'c's shoulder over missing Jack.

They give us hope... only to rip the rug out from under us for the rest of the series... <Wistful Sigh>

Okay, here's where they started losing me... Grace. It was utterly ridiculous. I'm fighting hard the urge to rant (again) over Mr. Spudly, so I'll sumit up with this: If Sam & Jack had seriously addressed their relationship following Sam's absense in Grace, this series would have been hands down the best sci fi sereis I've ever had the pleasure of following. Instead, it became yet another lost cause for my favorite characters, because TO THIS DAY they still UnBelievably REFUSE to allow Sam & Jack to be together. Regs my ASS! It's freaking TV. They could've gotten a Presidential Permission Slip years ago for all the times they've saved the freaking planet, going WAY above and beyond the call of duty!

[/RANT] I'm not bitter, really. They gave us seven and a half years of pretty decent ship. And plenty of interesting material to rework in the subsequent seasons. I've taken to revising the entire ship in fanfic. Just like the ship of my once Beloved X-Files, this story is going to end in the written word. At least my shippy world will!
                            OK, after much ado and reading of the shipper thread, I am almost finished with my mini ficlet! My husband wants to get back to his writing so, I have come up with a writing night - where we have a nice dinner followed by writing. Tonight I put writing to a sound track....since I was the one to put together the night...it ended up being slightly shippy music and we sat down to write. What is coming out is my mini shiplet based on my music and the thoughts of Bren Ren, Uber and ST1....

So, tomorrow, I shall hope to upload and share.....pending that my grammar is understandable after most of the bottle of white wine I was supposed to be sharing!
                            Nite all,
                            S

Comment

As I was rewatching Moebius (sp? ) yesterday S8
                              Spoiler:
                              and watching Sam going over what she would say and practicing the line "just because my reproductive organs.....etc., I got to thinking. Because they are basically the same person, I honestly think Capt. Carter had practiced that line herself a few times before saying it in that room to Col. O'Neill. Being a bit more bold that her AR self, I think she felt more confident delivering the line.

I see her in her uniform, saying that line to the mirror, but with a smirk on her face.
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                                Hi Shipper Family...

This is my 600 post... *sigh* ships goes so fast, it seem only yesterday when our Sam and Jack were stepping together thru that gate

And that brought me to this post.. I was wondering what would they be doing now, we all know they have been fishing and well, all that time that Sam has off right now and Jack being so busy in Washington (yeah, sure!)... we all know where they are so we will leave them on their own...., they do need intimacy after all these years in front of the regs..., so I would like to commemorate the begining of the journey and where they are in their lives today

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ck/SamJack.jpg

"For Once In My Life"

For once in my life I have someone who needs me
                                Someone I've needed so long
                                For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me
                                And somehow I know I'll be strong

For once I can touch what my heart used to dream of
                                Long before I knew
                                Someone warm like you
                                Would make my dreams come true

For once in my life I won't let sorrow hurt me
                                Not like it hurt me before
                                For one, I have something I know won't desert me
                                I'm not alone anymore

For once, I can say, this is mine, you can't take it
                                As long as I know I have love, I can make it
                                For once in my life, I have someone who needs me
                                lovely .... very appropriate to celebrate your 600 POST

Comment

Working...
                                X