This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK

I do not have many pictures, my camera... sucks... but this is one of my favorites...

There where 2 guys dressed as Jaffas, they won the costume competition, CJ was answering questions when he suddenly spotted them at the back of the room and said OMG... I can't believe it and went straight to the back of the room people were crazy about pics and he started posing with them, finally he decided to bring them to the stage and possed for pics... MS said, well, I'll just get into the pose when Jaffas are around and he kneeled on the floor like he had been captured believe me it was funny...
    That sounds like fun!! Really, I'm impressed with these guys for going to con after con and showing the fans a good time!

I have to say, I've heard many things about CJ, how adorable he is, but never heard anything about MS and I'm not a big fan of DJ, but he was great, he was nice and funny and approachable.

He was also asked about why is Daniel Jackson talking so fast and he said it was not his fault the writers are writing this amazingly long dialogue and specially for the 3 part opener they had many things to say and not enough time, so he would say his lines and then they would ask him to say them again but quicker due to time...
    See even MS blames TPTB for messin' with the episodes!!

He was also asked about the ship... Daniel/Vala ship and/or Daniel/Anybody else... also was asked if there would be a kiss and he said
    Spoiler:
    NO!
    but basically he is against ship, he says Stargate is an action and adventure show and that is how he sees it.

Token, Trupi could be able to answer your Q, she was talking to Don
    Wait a minute!! I have to argue this misconception that a legitimate show has to be sans romance!! Hey, in RL military there is action/adventure/love/angst/hurt&comfort. It's called Life! No giggling! It's true and not because I'm a Shipper and I'm stickin' to it!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Well, so the Sam and Jack Shippers were in a minority??
      Nell, the S/J ship was not addressed, but there was a great moment, Pierre Bernard, who works on the Conan O"Brien show showed some outakes of his visit to the set, while walking towards AT, he was talking about what he was going to say to here, joking and so on... and he said... something like, come on, what about this Pete guy... and everbody in the audience just cheered and applauded that's ship enough for me

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
        I swear Token I do plan to continue. Any songs you want to suggest?

Sue - I'm trying to keep up with "Time Share" and no one bugs me, it keeps me going actually!! And any ideas you have please share! And I love the doll!!!
        Cathain,
        Rod Stewart has 3 CD's of the American Classics! The genre is from an era that RDA/Jack would have heard his parents playing. These standards are quite timeless when it comes to romance. Nice dance tunes!! I bet Sam would just melt in his arms in any one of these!
        sigpic

Comment

Round 47 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Hathor and Message in a Bottle were both eliminated in Round 46.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) needs your continued support.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...page=112&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Adam who runs Creation convention and Don both said that RDA will be back for future episodes. However, when, how many and what season? Don did say that RDA wanted to do some charitable work and was one of the main reason (beside being with his daughter) for not staying on SG-1. It was not a money issue, in fact Gary Jones said they offered him a indecent amount of money which he refused.

I know this is the Sam & Jack thread, but I gotta say it....can RDA be anymore endearing and attractive than when he stands by his principles?? ** sigh**
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              what's this pic from?

sally
              Majorsal, I believe it is from Urgo, after they have the sweet craving
              See even MS blames TPTB for messin' with the episodes!!
              Nell, ROFLOL

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                Adam who runs Creation convention and Don both said that RDA will be back for future episodes. However, when, how many and what season? Don did say that RDA wanted to do some charitable work and was one of the main reason (beside being with his daughter) for not staying on SG-1. It was not a money issue, in fact Gary Jones said they offered him a indecent amount of money which he refused.

Great news ! Thanks Even if it's just few eps but still..

Comment

<snip>
                  Wait a minute!! I have to argue this misconception that a legitimate show has to be sans romance!! Hey, in RL military there is action/adventure/love/angst/hurt&comfort. It's called Life! No giggling! It's true and not because I'm a Shipper and I'm stickin' to it!!!
                  Life?? Oh, right....that thing that happens outside of Stargate. I haven't read anything in 8 years that gives me the impression that MS thinks "ships" have a positive impact on Stargate, am I wrong? Has there been any successful scifi shows or movies that DIDN'T have a touch of 'ship'? I think MS is offbase in his thinking. JMHO.

Token ~

Comment

Nell, you could have make it, NJ definitely driving distance from Virginia

Now for some spoilers, although there weren't many, people didn't ask many questions about the show!

I don't remember what did they ask MS, but his answer was related to Ripple Efect, he said that it was a great ep, but he hated it, because... Spoiler for this ep (and OMA this answers your Q in the JM thread)
                    Spoiler:
                    There where several AU briefing room scenes being filmed at the same time, IMO I guess to benefit from the set setup, and IMO I guess that is why we will see Teryl's character, she is alive in AU... Michael hated it because he had to change wardrobe and look for every scene

Regarding Vala.... A lady asked something like when were they going to kill Vala or something like that... peopled starting booooing and CJ asked, let's do a poll, how many of you like Vala and almost all the room raised their hands, then they asked how many of you hate Vala and I think around 10 people raised there hands... then he asked how many of you that HATE Vala are Sam Carter fans and all those how raised there hands before raised them again... so he made a point.

Regarding if Vala will return after ep 6
                    Spoiler:
                    MS said that Vala will return after the midseason, but he said he would not say when...
                    You know I really don't think being a Sam fan has that much to do with disliking Vala. A lot of people on the threads have posted that they like both Vala and Sam. I don't see her as a replacement for Sam. A lot of people dislike Vala because of the way she is written. One bad sexual joke after another gets boring.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                      Great news ! Thanks Even if it's just few eps but still..
                      Welcome back!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nell, the S/J ship was not addressed, but there was a great moment, Pierre Bernard, who works on the Conan O"Brien show showed some outakes of his visit to the set, while walking towards AT, he was talking about what he was going to say to here, joking and so on... and he said... something like, come on, what about this Pete guy... and everbody in the audience just cheered and applauded that's ship enough for me
                        Ooooh, I like that Pierre!! Remember in Citizen Joe
                        Spoiler:
                        Joe said to Sam, something like ' about that Shanahan thing.' And Jack motioned him to stop. Sam looked so puzzled!!
                        That was another cheering moment because
                        Spoiler:
                        Joe only knew about from Jack's thoughts! And from Jack's POV that was a jerk!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          You know I really don't think being a Sam fan has that much to do with disliking Vala. A lot of people on the threads have posted that they like both Vala and Sam. I don't see her as a replacement for Sam. A lot of people dislike Vala because of the way she is written. One bad sexual joke after another gets boring.
                          Rogue, I agree with you, I like Vala, but I don't like so many sexual jokes or references.

I think Vala could be a really nice and funny character and I love how crazy she is driving Daniel Jackson.

I miss Sam, a lot and I don't think that Vala is replacing Sam or that Sam should feel threatened by Vala, TPTB wanted a female character while AT was out and that was it...

Now, I don't remeber if it was Trupi, Lynn or SS that mentioned that it would be great to have Vala, Jack and Sam in a same ep and Vala getting all over Jack, it would be AMAZING and FUN to have Sam's reaction

Fanfic writers.... there is an idea
                          Last edited by LOL4JACK; 08 August 2005, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Guys a OT! Lynn and myself might be on the Conan O'Brien show 12:30, August 10. We were interviewed for the show but we could possibly be cut out. But if you are up tomorrow night-watch and wave at your shipper friends!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              Life?? Oh, right....that thing that happens outside of Stargate. I haven't read anything in 8 years that gives me the impression that MS thinks "ships" have a positive impact on Stargate, am I wrong? Has there been any successful scifi shows or movies that DIDN'T have a touch of 'ship'? I think MS is offbase in his thinking. JMHO.
                              Way, way, way off base!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

In this pic Lynn, myself and Trupi and in the previous pic, Trupi, myself and SS
                                If my hubby can get our media computer working one day I'll be able to post mine :-(

A fun time was had by all and I would recommend it to anyone who is able to attend a con - ship or no ship!

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Working...
                                X