X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Token IMO with
    Spoiler:
    Jack pretty much out of the picture I think we will hear mostly positive Ship comments.I doubt we will hear worries about being Jack's Girl or the Ship taking over the Show.All the excuses are fading away.I'am sorry but if we have to put up with the Daniel and Vala Show I want to see an episode that is mostly Sam and Jack.When AT comes back it would be nice to see Daniel take a little break for an episode or 2.It's only fair Mitchell and Teal'c have had very little to do.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
      hey im new here but im not new to stargate

i have always been a sam and jack shipper fan and jsut wish they would just kiss in tender moent scenes that really bugs me im stting ther and jsut like" KISS HER" at the top of my lungs and well ym parents are concered lol jokes..well jsut thought ill introduce myself im jess im 16 soon and live in Australia! GO AUZZIES!

bye

p.s can someone make me a S/J banner if i PM u the pics please?
      Welcome to the thread!
      sigpic

Comment

Came back from the NJ convention last night.. Had a great time with LoL4Jack, Sugarshaker and Lynn. Lynn, Lol4Jack spent time ( 5hours) with Peter Williams-What a great Guy! Never will look at Apophis the same way! We need to start a thread to get Peter back to Stargate. Great to the fans and a gentleman and scholar. Alexis Cruz is adorable (has great dimples) lots of fun and teaching. Don-what can I say-lovely. Sat around and talked to anyone who came up to him. He said RDA will be back but first he wants to not only spend time with his daughter but wants to do chariable work UNICEP etc. Don is coming back for two episodes this season. Nothing really said about up coming scripts or AT coming back and how her character will be portraited. Michael and Chris together are a Hoot! They watched each other's backs and were really great with the fans. Gary Jones told some very funny stories. Lol4Jack will put some pictures on when she gets a chance. Got to go to work. Talk later!
        sigpic

Comment

Trupi thanks for the report.RCC and now Don mentioned RDA would be back.Great news.I hope RDA is back for the Season finale and then some Season 10 episodes.I'am Home Sick today and you made me feel alot better.I always liked Apophis.Apophis was a true bad Guy.The best thing I liked about Apophis is he did not put the moves on Sam.

Comment

Hello again Gang! Dropping in from La La Land cos I can't resist this message! Excellent post, by the way, Uber!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Super pic...great to see ya again, SIR!

Here's a question for you all...what are the milestones of the relationship between Jack and Sam?

I'd have to say obviously their first meeting...in Children of the gods...
            Yup! From the moment she walks into the briefing, all silhouetted curves and Surprise! I'm A Woman!Sam! comes in barrels blazing. Jack eats it up with a spoon! Then there's that campfire scene a bit later... Ahhhh....

Broca Divide demonstrated that there's a definite chemistry between them that they more than likely write off as being a typical reaction of a gorgeous guy and a pretty girl thing. And although we got that kiss, it was hot but not really romantic...more like desperate because of the reason behind it. What I found shippier was Jack's fight scene with Daniel "I'm talking about Samantha...she's not yours to worry about..."
            I loved the way Jack didn't really fight her off all that hard, not to mention the way he drags his face down her neck as he lifts her to carry her to the infirmary. And of course, the way he couldn't resist teasing her in the end about her "hot little tank top number" was just sooo cute!

In Singularity when Jack was concerned about Sam being in that bunker and possibly about to explode...
            He called her SAM!!!! That alone gets a great big shipper Squee!! outta me!

Then in Solitudes they were forced into a situation where they truly believed they would die together...
            Then he goes and calls her Sarah... Arggg... But they snuggled... and the side-arm tease... Not too bad, all things considered. This one really cemented the bond between them, I think.

In Politics Jack and Sam both heard about the AU Sam and Jack being engaged...
            "Engaged?! But that's against Regulations!" "It IS theoretically possible, Sir." The look on his face throughout this scene is just priceless!! Meanwhile Sam is busy rationalizing and focusing on the science instead of the heart of the matter. Typical coping mechanism for our resident genius.

In In the Line of Duty, Jack once again was faced with the possibility of losing her, but did he think of her beyond that of someone he cared for who served on his team? One may ponder...
            He shed a tear over her! How many team mates has he done that over? Certainly not Kowalski... Something makes me think there's a lot more going on beneath the surface here! Hee heeee.....

In Out of Mind, we got the scene with Jack muffling Sam's yelp and holding on a little longer than was necessary (my first REAL indication that perhaps there was more than just the physical attraction between the two)...
            As someone mentioned, the Backside Ogling!! He knows she's nekkid, and he likes it a bit too much! {sniggle!} And not just holding on longer than necessary, it was arm around her waist, heads dipped sooo close together, she was practically stroking his arm, and they looked *really* comfortable in that position!

In Into the Fire we have them hugging for a long time (NICE)...
            Waaayyy longer than necessary. I guess we missed the memo that announced hugging your CO/2IC is now standard report protocol in the field. {More Sniggles!}

In Point of View, Jack comes face to face with an alternate Sam and once again learns of yet another alternate reality where he and she were together and he's clearly more affected by it than Sam was. But then what was that look on her face at the end when she saw the AU Sam kissing him? Hmm...
            More Sam avoidance. And that look on her face in the end? She was definitely not a happy camper!!

In 100 Days, Sam couldn't quite hide her disappointment? regret? jealousy? all of the above? when she witnesses Jack saying goodbye to Laira...
            Sam admitting she misses him. But it's not a problem, no sirreebob! Probably the first time Sam admitted to herself her underlying feelings for Jack.

Also must mention Shades of Grey. I'm in the "Jack was assigned the sting op before they left for Edora, so the whole Laira thing was Jack setting the team up for his eventual return" camp. Sorry, but I don't buy for a second that he thought they would never rescue them. That it could take a long while, yes. Never? Hah! And his dread over returning home... he knew he was going back to lie to his closest friends. Who wouldn't be dreading that?

Oh, and Jack's line in SoG: "I haven't been acting like myself since I met you." The double edged truth in that statement was really wicked! One of my favorite Jack lines ever! (Right after "Fire Away! I hope shots of my ass serve you well!" from Heroes.... Believe me, Jack, they serve us *very* well! {SNIGGLE!!}

Nemesis...FIRST FISHING INVITE!

Small Victories...SECOND FISHING INVITE! It's clear that there's a definite vibe between them that even those who DON'T want to see it have to see (you'd think)...
            The none too subtle flirting... The super close up of Jack's lips... Sorry, I digress... I think this bit represents the internal battle both Sam and Jack are fighting... How far do we take this? How close is too close?

Divide and Conquer...they both openly admit they have feelings they aren't supposed to and agree to leave that confession in that room (nice try guys)...
            I'd also say, then, that Upgrades was also a pivotal moment, as the incident that brought those feelings to the surface transpired during this ep. Can you imagine the immediate aftermath of that ep, only to have it blowup in their faces, so to speak, in D&C?

Window of Opportunity...Jack lives out his fantasy and plays golf through the stargate...Just kidding. OF COURSE I mean the kiss...but how fair is it that HE remembers the one from Broca Divide AND this one and Sam has a whole lot of nothing? Not fair, my friends...
            Don't forget he got to kiss AU Sam in POV and Sam had to Watch, FCOL!

Beneath the Surface...Jack and Sam both see what they might have been as a couple were it not for the military...
            And we learn of the kiss that was left in the editing room floor. The true torture of the Shippers by The Idiots In Charge begins...

Entity...Jack spent a great deal of time in the infirmary just staring at her as he once again has to deal with the possibility of losing her...
            I think this must have been the breaking point for them. It's the only way to justify the Ship-Black-Hole of Season Five...He didn't just almost lose her, he *killed* the woman he loves! He sat in that infirmary for God knows how many hours *knowing that he was responsible for her death and there was no hope of her coming back*.

***then there was the shippy arctic wasteland that was Season 5***
            The closest we got was Desperat Measures, but the opportunities that plot presented were utterly wasted. Closest we got was Jack saying to Maybourne (of all people) "This is Carter." He really should have said "Sam." Really. I loved her concern for Jack at the end, after he got shot.

Oh, and Sam's line to Danny-boy as he was 'dying': "I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel." Hello??? Sam??? There's a certain chocolate-eyed Colonel you should be having this discussion with!!!!

Paradise Lost...For me, after Season 5, Paradise Lost kinda jumpstarted the ship. Sam has to deal with the possibility of losing Jack again. But unlike 100 Days, she seems more desperate, more lost; and I personally believe there was more to it than the fact that they just lost Daniel (or so they thought)...
            One of the most bittersweet scenes in the ship-history, Sam crying her heart out on Teal'c's shoulder over missing Jack.

Birthright and Heroes...(Same basic premise) Sam is asked something about her feelings for Jack and responds in a less than convincing way that her feelings for him are strictly professional...

Evolution...Major vibage. The looks. The smiles. The beats of that something beneath the surface. *sigh*...
            They give us hope... only to rip the rug out from under us for the rest of the series... <Wistful Sigh>

Grace...Jack is less than graceful when he considers the possibility that Sam's gone. Sam on the other hand comes to the absurd conclusion that her feelings for Jack were simply a defense mechanism so she wouldn't have to consider true emotional intimacy with a man she could actually have. {SNIPPAGE}
            So that's my take on the major moments in the shipdom of Sam and Jack. Tell me what you think because I know I'm missing important moments. Like other FISHING INVITES!!!!!...

Okay, here's where they started losing me... Grace. It was utterly ridiculous. I'm fighting hard the urge to rant (again) over Mr. Spudly, so I'll sumit up with this: If Sam & Jack had seriously addressed their relationship following Sam's absense in Grace, this series would have been hands down the best sci fi sereis I've ever had the pleasure of following. Instead, it became yet another lost cause for my favorite characters, because TO THIS DAY they still UnBelievably REFUSE to allow Sam & Jack to be together. Regs my ASS! It's freaking TV. They could've gotten a Presidential Permission Slip years ago for all the times they've saved the freaking planet, going WAY above and beyond the call of duty!

[/RANT] I'm not bitter, really. They gave us seven and a half years of pretty decent ship. And plenty of interesting material to rework in the subsequent seasons. I've taken to revising the entire ship in fanfic. Just like the ship of my once Beloved X-Files, this story is going to end in the written word. At least my shippy world will!
            Last edited by BrenRen; 08 August 2005, 07:58 AM.
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

BREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stick around! We miss ya!!!!!

I'm sorry a lot of the AT comments were so negative...I'm writing a fanfic tonight, so I'm not promising anything...but I'll *try* and get her more recent, more positive comments on S/J tonight.

The reason I posted her non (not exactly) anti ship comments...Is because I like to be informed...I like to take in different points of view...

Trust me - I was an Anti shipper at first...It was looking at different points of view that turned me around...At first I hated Sam and Jack ship...I thought it was disrespectful to the Air Force regs and that it's take over the whole show...

...after listening to both sides of the argument...I came over to the light side!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i have always been a sam and jack shipper fan and jsut wish they would just kiss in tender moent scenes that really bugs me im stting ther and jsut like" KISS HER" at the top of my lungs and well ym parents are concered lol jokes..well jsut thought ill introduce myself im jess im 16 soon and live in Australia! GO AUZZIES!

bye

Welcome atlantis_babe34!

Have a great time here in the forums.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  <snip>
                  The reason I posted her non (not exactly) anti ship comments...Is because I like to be informed...I like to take in different points of view...

Trust me - I was an Anti shipper at first...It was looking at different points of view that turned me around...At first I hated Sam and Jack ship...I thought it was disrespectful to the Air Force regs and that it's take over the whole show...

...after listening to both sides of the argument...I came over to the light side!
                  I've watched Stargate from the very first episode, and was instantly a "shipper". This happened many years before I became part of the online fan community. I have always seen the ship. I don't need to hear anyone else's opinions to form my own. I love the ship....end of story. If anyone else doesn't agree with me, I really don't care!
                  The wonderful thing about being online and coming to Gateworld is that I found like-minded people, and found my "happy place" here in the shipper thread. I also discovered that some people didn't see the ship! "How could this be", I thought. I read their posts and shake my head a lot. I look around the whole forum and read many posts I agree and disagree with, but none of them...not one...will ever change my mind about my views on the show. (just as my views will probably never change them.)
                  Um...I seem to be rambling a wee bit now, so....Sam and Jack together, forever!
                  sigpic

Comment

bye

Atlantis_Babe34
                    come and join our ship family

Comment

((((((((((((((((UBER))))))))))))))))
                      ((((((((((BREN REN)))))))))))))))))
                      Adding to your AWESOME posts with some of my favorite subtle/lesser-known shippy moments:

Children of the Gods: LOVE the breifing room scene, especially the part where Jack says, "Captain, I don't have a problem with your being a woman. I LIKE women." The way he says it, and the way he LOOKS at her when he says it (as if he could eat her alive right there!) are totally squee-worthy! IMO, this is the moment that kick-started the ship. S&J were almost never more than a foot apart for the rest of the ep....or the entire series, for that matter.

Fire and Water: Lots of shippy moments, but did anyone catch Jack's greeting when Sam and Teal'c show up for Daniel's wake? "Sam, Teal'c, glad you could make it." HE CALLED HER SAM! HELLO!

Crystal Skull: Sam passes out from radiation. Jack catches her, pulls her over his shoulders and RUNS for the 'gate! IMO, TPTB could have done more with this, maybe a wider shot or just holding it a little longer. It's a lovely, heroic, shippy moment, and they squashed it into a few "blink-and-you-miss-it" frames.

Message in a Bottle: Sam is the first to RUN to Jack's side when the device pins him to the wall. Of course, the shippiest moment is when she holds his hand, knowing they might not be able to save him.

Window of Opportunity: The BHK, of course, is the shippy highlight, BUT IMO there's another little one near the end when Jack tries to make the guy turn off the time device, and the guy hints that Jack can't understand why he wants to see his wife again. Jack YELLS, "I lost my SON!" and Sam's reaction is hugely shippy: She looks like she could cry, and lowers her head sadly.

Revisions: Love how Jack introduces the team to the little boy who finds them: "My name's Jack. That's Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c." HE CALLED HER SAM! AGAIN!

Enemy Mine: Not a S/J-heavy ep. at all, but the infirmary scene is cute: Jack is all grumpy and snappish with the nurse, and then Sam walks in and asks him how he's doing. Not only does he change his tone, he VISIBLY softens.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but in the meantime, I'll leave you with this general observation:

Notice that in every single hug scene, it's never just a simple hug but more of a snuggle, whether it's Jack's head in Sam's neck, his hand on the back of her head, his arms giving her a squeeze. It's always very loving, always a "way-more-than-friends" type of hug...fantastically shippy!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                        Came back from the NJ convention last night.. Had a great time with LoL4Jack, Sugarshaker and Lynn. Lynn, Lol4Jack spent time ( 5hours) with Peter Williams-What a great Guy! Never will look at Apophis the same way! We need to start a thread to get Peter back to Stargate. Great to the fans and a gentleman and scholar. Alexis Cruz is adorable (has great dimples) lots of fun and teaching. Don-what can I say-lovely. Sat around and talked to anyone who came up to him. He said RDA will be back but first he wants to not only spend time with his daughter but wants to do chariable work UNICEP etc. Don is coming back for two episodes this season. Nothing really said about up coming scripts or AT coming back and how her character will be portraited. Michael and Chris together are a Hoot! They watched each other's backs and were really great with the fans. Gary Jones told some very funny stories. Lol4Jack will put some pictures on when she gets a chance. Got to go to work. Talk later!
                        COOL. .... thanks Trupi for that update

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          BREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stick around! We miss ya!!!!!

I'm sorry a lot of the AT comments were so negative...I'm writing a fanfic tonight, so I'm not promising anything...but I'll *try* and get her more recent, more positive comments on S/J tonight.

Actually these "anti-ship-comments" didn't really upset me in any way.
                          Quite in contrary: I think the reason for AT's doubts about the ship was, that she thought the whole thing might damage her character.
                          (..."Personally, as the actor playing the character of Carter, I don't want her to become Jack's girl. There's so much more to her than that. I'm so proud of the fact that this is a great female character. So for her to become the main guy's love interest is something I'm really violently opposed to....")
                          As she said, she was afraid people would see Sam only as "Jack's girl" and not as the wonderful, complex character she really is.
                          The fact that AT has changed her opinion since then, tells me that her fear was baseless, because TPTB were able to ( ) write a wonderful, respectful 'relationship' between Sam and Jack that allows both to be seperate, multilayered, interesting characters and not only an "attachment" of each other. (okay, that sounds strange , but my vocabulary is limited, so I hope you get what I want to say )

So, I think these "anti-ship-comments" are - considered in retrospect - actually very ship- positive!!! YAY!!!

Comment

Why does no-one ever mention one of my favourite ship moments????

Season six

Jack Wanders into Sam's lab

Jack: Shouldn't you be up there with the rest of the eggheads?..Not that you're an egghead...well you are...in a good way.

i can't remember the rest of the scene exactly, but my other fave bit from it...

Jack: You have a penchant for pulling ideas out of your butt...

Sam gives him the funniest (and also slightly worried) look!

Jack...head...
                            sigpic

Comment

Righto...I've done my check-in at my other...

*thinks*

two GW threads and...

*thinks*

other 5 forums...

Now...on I go...looking for newer AT ship comments!

Wish me luck - this could take a while!
                              sigpic

Comment

BrenRen.... whoa .... waves ...

Comment

Working...
                                X