Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you Caty, but in my area...swearing's aprt of everyday language...it's a sad fact, but I can't walk down a street without kids and adults shouting vulgar things at me or each other...To tell you the truth...I never noticed the swearing until the daughter swore...I think that was a bit too far...I'd never speak to my parents like that...I do swear in front of them, but that's recent and never directly to them.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      I agree with you Caty, but in my area...swearing's aprt of everyday language...it's a sad fact, but I can't walk down a street without kids and adults shouting vulgar things at me or each other...To tell you the truth...I never noticed the swearing until the daughter swore...I think that was a bit too far...I'd never speak to my parents like that...I do swear in front of them, but that's recent and never directly to them.

I know suekay but in the making of Re-genesis ,...they were saying how clever and intelligent the show was ..I was getting really excited to see something close to what the future would be ..It's a sci-fi show with a lot of science in there talking about bio-chemical welfare and staff like that ..so very serious stuff ...and this swearing is out of place ..it's not for a show like that one . I need to get hold of the TPTB e-mail Re -genesis .

May be I 'll watch it again when the swearing is censored

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
        Hello Shippers!!!

Thanks for the Interviews sueKay!!! They are great! Would rep you but I can't. Sorry!

I just watched a few stargate eps (not even shippy ones) and now I'm kind of...high. LOL

Regarding the DVDs...I could never part with my SG-DVDs either.
        I watch them over and over and over and over again!!!
        No matter what happens right now with the show, it's still my favorite and I absolutely love it!!!

Sure I watch other shows too...but not the way I watch stargate.
        Without the passion and interest.
        I'm not in any other fandom, I don't really care if I miss an ep of these shows and I definitely don't spend so much time with watching/ thinking about/ spending money for/ talking about/ reading of/ getting excited over any other TV show than Stargate (and XF a few years ago...).
        I watch other shows only with my eyes, not with my heart. *sniff*

I LOVE STARGATE!!!!
        (Just in case you didn't know )

I have been and are passionate for a lot of shows ..but usually only one at a time for a period of time .It usually lasts until the show is over ..It happened to me for X-files , then the lost world , Stargate SG1 , now Lost . All 3 shws I watched them with passion ( X-files , the lost world and Stargate ) .
        My passion has now moved to another show .

X-files is over and for me SG1 is over ( The team of SG1 I mean) and my passion dies with the real SG1 . When I stop making videos for a show then I know that the passion is dying and it won't last long after that until I find something else ,a new passion ..and I look for it ...I always find a new one

It's just great and it's so nice to be able to make videos with a fresh show .

Still Sam and Jack together forever They will still be in my heart same as Mulder and Scully AND MORE ...

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 06 August 2005, 03:31 PM.

Comment

As long as you stay with the family, that's fine by us!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey,shippers....I have to drop in a say hi! I love to ship,but I never get the time to!!! But I have to say,I can't wait untill Sam comes back! No more vala!!! YES!

Comment

WELCOME (BACK) TO THE FAMILY!!!!!

So agree with you about 'Anise 2.5' or V-girl...

Anyone got better nick names for her????
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Shipper family . I have missed coming here, real life and a pesky stuborn computer conspired to keep me away from my daily lurk and occasional posting .
                Hope you are all ok and surviving S9 without RDA. What does it feel like watching the new episodes with all the new changes? Are the stories and new caracters working ?
                I have about 300 pages to catch up but if anyone can give me an idea of what's been happening it would be great. And I'm quite a spoiller whore

Comment

One thing about S9 - Cameron (BB) is a scene stealer - he's a cutie!

Comment

Hey, Kids, I'm Baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk!!!

Just got my wounded pc back from the doctor. Up and running smooth as a baby's butt!!

So, what'd I miss anything??? Well, I know I missed the chit-chat after the Friday night ep. But anything new on our favorite wannabe lovers??? Whom in my my world are already married.
                    Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
                    Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
                    Sam: "If you say so, sir."
                    Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
                    Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
                    [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Hi guys! I've been absent from here as of late, though I do lurk from time to time. I was watching/capping Emancipation the other day and came upon this little gem. The quality is only so-so, but the looks on their faces are worth it, I think. Enjoy!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                        If I go with what you're saying, they should have ended the show with S5, when Daniel ascended. But then we wouldn't have to meet Jonas who was a good character IMO.
                        I understand what you mean but I just want to say 'let's give S9 a chance'. We don't know yet how it's going to be. Maybe Mitchell will be a good addition to the team, maybe there will be good stories, maybe the show will go in a new direction... A lot of maybes I know !
                        We don't know if SJ ship would have been resolved if season 8 had been the last one. Actually, when they were filming the last episode, they didn't know yet if there was going to be another season. Then Threads would still have been the only resolution for SJ ship...
                        The fact of the matter is, IMO, Jack *is* SG1. He is the key character and everything was written from his POV for the first six or so seasons. When RDA decided to retire - and I applaud his reasons - the show should have ended. If they *wanted* to do a spinoff, fine, but Stargate SG1 should have ended, and I will not watch this *******ized version of one of my favorite shows.

Add to that the fact that we had a *promise* from TPTB that Stargate would *never* go on without Rick, and I see no reason to give Season 9 a chance. And I'm not hearing anything to make me feel otherwise.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I've been doing some trawling through old interviews and whatnot...and found this from an RDA chat transcript from season seven...

<Moderator> *ShanksSJ* Do you and Amanda plan to continue the UST (Unresolved Sexual Tention) is season seven? Please do!
                          <Moderator> either double-click on Pygar or type "/msg Pygar" on the command line - only without the quotes.)

<RDAnderson> Do we plan too?
                          <RDAnderson> Sure, why not.
                          <RDAnderson> It's too bad that it remains unresolved. But I'm afraid it's got to stay that way at least for now.
                          <RDAnderson> GA
                          <RDAnderson> It's frustrating for me too.

-------------------------------------------

<Moderator> *flygirl2007* hey from texas!! Ok, I know that you and Amanda would never get together, but what are your thoughts on her? Is she attractive..repulsive...rude and snotty....? Thanks for your time! ~*~Jamie~*~
                          <Moderator> either double-click on Pygar or type "/msg Pygar" on the command line - only without the quotes.)

<RDAnderson> She's neither rude nor snotty.
                          <RDAnderson> She's a beautiful and talented actress and an even more beautiful and talented woman.
                          <RDAnderson> I respect Amanda more than I can say.
                          <RDAnderson> She carries the load of technical dialog. She's the only one of us that can endure it.
                          <RDAnderson> She's a babe.
                          <RDAnderson> GA

lol!
                          Sue Kay,
                          Thanks so much for posting this. It really helps to lighten the spirit in the absence of our favorite pair.
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Nell,

Congratulations on 500 posts!!!!!
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Hello shippers How you all doin? So, season 9 started.. I bet you've been talkin about that for pages Don't know the american schedule for s9 so how many of you have seen it? How are we generally feelin about this ?

Galaxy, I just now noticed the green. Thanks! Been away for along time and now this place is all changed and all

Comment

yeah...for me...
                                Spoiler:
                                Season nine's okay...nothing brilliant (I certainly haven't rushed to see Avalon, Origin or TTTB...I think Landry's okay...and I actually really like Cameron...but Vala (who I thought I was going to like) is a hideous character...I'm going to eatch her in beachhead and nothing else...Sex is not what SG1 is about...if it was...Sam and Jack would be onto baby no.9 by now!
                                sam and jack having one baby per season? YEAH!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X