Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to try to say everything in one post...

First, congrats on 500 nell !

Second, welcome to the newbies (won't say names cause I'm sure I'll forget someone )

And finally... Caty, I'm sorry for you that you're so disappointed with SG1 thant you're thinking about selling all your DVDs. I won't do that cause I liked the seasons 1-6, and even in S7 and 8 there were some things that I liked. Even if SJ ship is a big reason why I like SG1, I also like it because of other things : sci-fi, humor, characters...
    At this time, I'm a bit tired with SG1 (but I'll have a look at S9 when I'll have the chance to watch the new eps ), that's why I'm going to other shows (SGA, Lost). But some time later, I'll enjoy to watch it again
    So I'll keep all my DVDs. Hey, I've even already ordered the S8 boxset ! (and S1 of SGA too )
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Haven't put the following pic in spoilers as there's not much to spoil but if anyone thinks I should I'll gladly edit! My main reasoning for leaving it out is being able to appreciate at first glance the sheer deliciousness that is RDA!!

Me and Sam not end up together? Oh, there's not a chance in Hell!!

Comment

CONGRATS NELL!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment...I'm getting into The Dead Zone, CSI Miami and a few others...

I'm going to start watching Lost too!!!!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oooh just found this one!

<Moderator> *anise5180* hi Rick! my name is Liz and I'm 13. I think you're the coolest actor ever; you're so talented. I have 2 questions for you: (1) what do exactly do you do as one of the executive producers of Stargate Sg-1? (2) i heard somewere that you might retire soon. is there any truth to this rumor?

<RDAnderson> My job as exec producer is not the classic definition
          <RDAnderson> My duties have become more limited as time goes on.
          <RDAnderson> IN the early going, as we were finding our rythms to the whole franchise,
          <RDAnderson> I'd be involved with my partner in editing, script editing and developement and such
          <RDAnderson> mostly fine tuning what comes out of the writers cagte.
          <RDAnderson> In some regards I became a liason connecting the writers with the actors
          <RDAnderson> Connect some of the problems the writers were having in relationship to the script and the storylines.
          <RDAnderson> To be perfectly honest, I dont' know what retirement means to a work-a-holic like myself.
          <RDAnderson> I may afford myself some time off when all of this goes away.
          <RDAnderson> By then I'll have pay attention to what my priorities are-- at this time it's my daughter.
          <RDAnderson> At this time I will not fall into the trap of saying that I will not work again.
          <RDAnderson> But I'd like to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor,.
          <RDAnderson> GA

Well i wonder if Rick will stay out of it for any longer.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

sueKay - you left out the best bit!

<Moderator> Well, the last question was the one all girls are dying to know...
            <Moderator> Jack: boxers or briefs?

<RDAnderson> Hahah-- Commando!
            <RDAnderson> ?

OK, so belongs more in the Thunk thread, but hey *shrugs*
            sigpic

Comment

Billie - Just noticed Jack has an electric cooker (more of a gas hob person myself ). Maybe that's got something to do with all the flames and heat from Sokar's hell Or perhaps with that fetish he has for blowing stuff up, electric is safer in his house
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                You know what SES ..I'm thinking about selling all my Dvd's season 1 to 6 ..I will never buy season 7 to 9 anyway ..I don't watch reruns anymore and I don't watch the DVD 's either ..I'm done with the show ..Stargate TPTB is really bad , they don't seem to learn and listen to their dedicated fans .I will now buy JAG dvd's and surely the LOST season 1 DVD when available ..Selling my Stargate DVD 's will provide me with enough money to buy season 2 & 3 of JAG and the "lost" season 1 .

Atlantis , coming from same TPTB ..it will be out of the question for me to buy season 1 DVD too

Also NCIS is very good too very funny

Caty
                I haven't seen anything of Season 9 yet, but I honestly can't imagine parting with my Stargate DVDs. There are some episodes that I watch far more than others (Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Threads etc) and some that I avoid like the plague (Chimera, Affinity). But my Stargate DVDs have got me through some really difficult times in RL and I can't imagine not watching season 1-6 (and even parts of season 7 & 8) again.

But each to her own.....
                always and forever
                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  sueKay - you left out the best bit!

<Moderator> Well, the last question was the one all girls are dying to know...
                  <Moderator> Jack: boxers or briefs?

<RDAnderson> Hahah-- Commando!
                  <RDAnderson> ?

OK, so belongs more in the Thunk thread, but hey *shrugs*
                  Oma. LOL, I love that. Great mood lifter
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                    Billie - Just noticed Jack has an electric cooker (more of a gas hob person myself ). Maybe that's got something to do with all the flames and heat from Sokar's hell Or perhaps with that fetish he has for blowing stuff up, electric is safer in his house
                    Yep, or maybe with all the shippy heat fizzing around when he and Sam are hanging out together cooking omelettes in his kitchen it just wouldn't be safe with the gas option!!

Comment

We have tooo much imagination.

But who says thats a bad thing...............
                      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                      LOVE HIM-> DT
                      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                        Yep, or maybe with all the shippy heat fizzing around when he and Sam are hanging out together cooking omelettes in his kitchen it just wouldn't be safe with the gas option!!
                        Probably came with the place. Maybe it was rented out, rentals usually have electric. and a lot of houses aren't plumbed for natural gas... Oh, but, Billie's answer is much more romantic so...forget what I just said, I'm sure she's right!

Comment

While we're on the subject of imagination....

Hey Carter. I've got the eggs and the beer but I notice that my main ingredient is missing

Yep, sorry Sir, I'll be with you in 10 minutes

Ok, well hurry it up Carter coz I'm hungry...and I don't mean for eggs

Ah, the shipper imagination is a marvellous thing!!

Comment

Doing some more trawling through RDA interviews...

this first one's not SG1 related but I think it's rather funny...but it could be construed as offensive...so in spoiler tags it goes!

1997-
                            Spoiler:
                            "When I was 15, I wanted to be a pro hockey player," recalls Anderson. "I busted one arm, and three weeks later I snapped my [other] elbow -- bones sticking out everywhere." He spent three months in a hospital patrolled by nuns and buxom nurses. "It sucked because I had lost my virginity at 14. Can you imagine discovering the wonderfulness of the opposite sex, then getting laid up? I couldn't even touch myself!"

I found this funny - http://rdanderson.com/archives/98-09-9a.htm no hint of ship...but nice!

From an interview in 1998
                            What is on the horizon for season three?

O'Neill and Major Carter (Amanda Tapping) get together in the most unexpected of circumstances in an episode entitled Point of View and in Learning Curve O'Neill takes it upon himself to help a young alien reclaim her childhood. What the actor will divulge is that it will all be accomplished with his trademark "tongue-in-cheek, dead-pan delivery but with a little touch of humanity for good measure."

(I'm noticing that as I go through all these interviews...there's loads of shippy pics even if there's no shippy mentions!)

One of the most revealing situations occurs in "Point of View" when O'Neill has to face certain truths regarding his relationship with Captain - soon to be Major - Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping). Leaning forward and affecting a loud theatrical whisper, he confides, "We get married, you know. There are photographs to prove it."

Immediately confessing that it happens in an alternate universe, the actor maintains that that scenario highlights the emotional dilemma O'Neill must face because it forces him to consider the possibility of less-than-professional feelings toward a colleague. Well aware that the audience has, for some time, craved some sort of romantic entanglement between O'Neill and Carter, he's reluctant to confirm any such development, but hints that the seed has been sown. "We'll just have to wait and see what happens," he shrugs.

more coming soon!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                              While we're on the subject of imagination....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...k_omelette.jpg
                              Hey Carter. I've got the eggs and the beer but I notice that my main ingredient is missing

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...sam_phone2.jpg
                              Yep, sorry Sir, I'll be with you in 10 minutes

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ack_phone2.jpg
                              Ok, well hurry it up Carter coz I'm hungry...and I don't mean for eggs

Ah, the shipper imagination is a marvellous thing!!
                              LOL this is soooooooooo great, I love it

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                I've been doing some trawling through old interviews and whatnot...and found this from an RDA chat transcript from season seven...

<Moderator> *ShanksSJ* Do you and Amanda plan to continue the UST (Unresolved Sexual Tention) is season seven? Please do!
                                <Moderator> either double-click on Pygar or type "/msg Pygar" on the command line - only without the quotes.)

<RDAnderson> Do we plan too?
                                <RDAnderson> Sure, why not.
                                <RDAnderson> It's too bad that it remains unresolved. But I'm afraid it's got to stay that way at least for now.
                                <RDAnderson> GA
                                <RDAnderson> It's frustrating for me too.

-------------------------------------------

<Moderator> *flygirl2007* hey from texas!! Ok, I know that you and Amanda would never get together, but what are your thoughts on her? Is she attractive..repulsive...rude and snotty....? Thanks for your time! ~*~Jamie~*~
                                <Moderator> either double-click on Pygar or type "/msg Pygar" on the command line - only without the quotes.)

<RDAnderson> She's neither rude nor snotty.
                                <RDAnderson> She's a beautiful and talented actress and an even more beautiful and talented woman.
                                <RDAnderson> I respect Amanda more than I can say.
                                <RDAnderson> She carries the load of technical dialog. She's the only one of us that can endure it.
                                <RDAnderson> She's a babe.
                                <RDAnderson> GA

lol!
                                wow , thanks SueKay for that. Never seen that before.

Comment

Working...
                                X