This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    LOL...too funny Sally I think that is BIG problem with any show.... you have to KNOW when to put your *Choice of Ship* together....to often TPTB either do it too soon or too late ...and look what happens...a lot of disgruntled fans all the way around and your shows slip away....

Hopefully TPTB won't let Sam & Jack *slip* away before they do or say anymore...or I do fear that those that are hanging on for something will slip away too.

*Sends over Jack clone to massage that wonderful snark muscle*
    *grabs JackClone and shoves him in the closet... for use later... (sighs)*

Anyhoo, even with some of the hair-pulling stress we've been through since the seventh season, I still think we're MILES ahead of most shows that pull their shippers along by their whumped bodies. We're NOT Jag ( at that show). As Amanda Tapping said in regards to season 9, 'we still have somewhere we can go'. Yeah!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

So, Sally, now that you have a clone for inspiration, do you have another story for us...? *bats eyes*

As far as S/J v. M/H (JAG), I totally agree (I don't know if you saw the convo between Elkeli & I last night) - some serious bashing of the appropriate heads together at the appropriate angles seems quite necessary!! I mean, FCOL!!
      Last edited by Alaskhah; 25 March 2005, 11:11 PM. Reason: :P 'cause it was just necessary...

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        *gigglee teehee stupid-cheesy-grin* I love it when he calls her Sam. It's so... AWW! I love it! It can be serious and dark, or light and cute, or personal and instense... wonderful! It's one of the special things used at only the right special moment... Now if we could only get something like a Kiss to become one of those...
        MAJOR SAM???

WooHOOO, MajorS is back!!!

Man, I turn my head for 3 seconds...and Major Sam's back, there's a new thread... What would happen if I stayed off GW for a full day??? I shudder to think...

Regarding M2
        Spoiler:
        the romantic in me understands why people are ticked about it being an AU kiss. However, I'm going to look at the grand tapestry of the last 8 years and see what we have been given here.

It was carved in stone eons ago that there would be NO Sam/Jack romantic action of ANY KIND while they were serving together and he was her CO. So, outside of AU or memory loss, we weren't going to see squat - as Jack would say.

With this in mind, let's consider the fact that TPTB recognize what I think is the really obvious romantic sparks between Jack and Sam. The tension between them is palpable and more than likely driving the actors as nuts as it is us fans - AT said it best: Get on with it already!

So - thanks to the miracle of SCI FI, TPTB bend, curve, manipulate and twist the rules so that they can show them expressing their true feelings outside the constraints of their reality. In Moebius 2, we have Jack and Sam, well, making out (I loved how she coughed after he told her she was hot ). And even in our own reality, we've had snippets here and there (Lost City/Paradise Lost/the list could go on an on)

And then came THREADS. It was more than I dared hope for. An open expression of love between Sam and Jack. Now, I know that she never got to say the words in his backyard - but come on, listen to the dialogue. Not even Jack is that dense. Heck, Kerry picked up on the vibe right away... Would I have liked her to lay it all out on the table for real? Would I have loved a kiss? Well, duh, OF COURSE I WOULD! However, we return to the main thought here (about the not seeing squat) and I realize that they were able to communicate the emotions without the words. The eyes spoke volumes. So did their mannerisms (I loved how nervous Sam was during the briefing regarding the cell phone and her response to her dad "Weren't you supposed to be meeting Pete at the florist?" Sam grits her teeth and tilts her head, clearly annoyed "No, DAD," she growled without even moving her lips.

And now for Season 9. Jack is no longer her CO. Things will be completely different! This is the Window of Opportunity I have been hoping for (bittersweetly because of course it means little RDA).

And that's my take on the gift that TPTB have given us and why I'm happy about what we got and excited about what THREADS means for the future.

Whew! That was a mouthful...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Oh, hon, don't forget how unbelievably satisfying it was when Troi and Riker finally got together after a million years... you do remember that, right? (thinks about how wonderful the Trek franchise is doing now... ) Yep, that about covers it.

*massages the snark muscle she pulled*

Sally
          (((((((Sally))))))))

I'm a Trekker first and always ... but Trek is like a boyfriend that's moved out of town. You try to keep up the relationship, but then this hot Adonias moves into the apartment across from yours, reaches his hand out to you and says, "Come through the gate with me!"

I mean, come on. A girl's gotta do...

Seriously though, Trek didn't do near as good a job as Stargate regarding ship IMHO. I wanted Riker/Troi and Picard/Crusher but the connection was just not as well maintained as it has been with Stargate...sure, there was an ep here and there that showed the connection...and Troi had her Pete, um, I mean Worf to deal with but he was meant for Jadzia Dax, who TPTB at Trek decided to kill off.

I'll tell you right here and there, if they actually really killed off either Jack or Sam like Trek killed off Jadzia Dax, you'd hear me screaming through your computer monitors all across the globe...

I think that Stargate is more in tune with the shipper mentality though because there is such an obvious chemistry between the two, to NOT explore this aspect would have been dishonest to the characters.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Regarding M2
            Spoiler:
            the romantic in me understands why people are ticked about it being an AU kiss. However, I'm going to look at the grand tapestry of the last 8 years and see what we have been given here.

Whew! That was a mouthful...

I absolutely agree.
            Spoiler:
            It wouldn't be respectful to their military lifestyles for anything serious to happen between them while he's her CO. The fact that they've shown us so many AU and Not RL SJ pairings, I think, is their way of showing us that their relationship is destined to be, and giving us something to look forward to (no matter how frustrating the wait can be). I, too, have high hopes for some resolution in S9 - not a major plot line, but some serious recognition of the fact that now that they're free to explore this "meant to be" relationship, S&J are actually taking advantage of that freedom.

Okay, no more soap box...but at least my feet are squeaky clean

Comment

Woohoo! Post 100!

Time sure ...sails (in keeping with the shipper theme)...when you're having fun!!

To celebrate, here's one of my favorite caps (slightly cropped for emphasis). They just look so content and wonderfully sweet & shippy. *double sigh*
              Attached Files

Comment

cool a new thread guess the old one has gotten to big I guess and nice to see Tame again
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Yeah, I guess they figured since we did like 20 pages just today (with, of course, all of the season finale excitement/ship) that we needed our house tidied up a bit

Comment

WOOHOO ! A brand new thread !

I'm happy everything seems to be back to normal Yeah let's go back to SHIP !

I missed the party (damn timezones ) but I'll eat cake today thinking about you and SJ

But since I was not here yesterday, I'll give you some pic

Jack : "What ?!? You're telling me there was cake yesterday and we weren't even invited ?!?"
                    Sam : "Well Jack... hum I mean Sir, you know, we were a bit *busy* yesterday. Remember ? Fishing and all that..."
                    Jack : "Oh yes I remember VERY well "
                    Sam : "But hey, maybe we could have our own party..."
                    Jack : "Sam ?!? I mean Carter... It could be a good idea... but not here..."
                    Sam : "Of course not here ! Actually, I know a very nice cabin in woods..."
                    Jack : "With a pond ? Wanna go fishing again ?"
                    Sam : "Well Jack, I mean Sir, there's fishing and *fishing*"
                    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                      http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...Jack/What2.jpg
                      Jack : "What ?!? You're telling me there was cake yesterday and we weren't even invited ?!?"
                      Sam : "Well Jack... hum I mean Sir, you know, we were a bit *busy* yesterday. Remember ? Fishing and all that..."
                      Jack : "Oh yes I remember VERY well "
                      Sam : "But hey, maybe we could have our own party..."
                      Jack : "Sam ?!? I mean Carter... It could be a good idea... but not here..."
                      Sam : "Of course not here ! Actually, I know a very nice cabin in woods..."
                      Jack : "With a pond ? Wanna go fishing again ?"
                      Sam : "Well Jack, I mean Sir, there's fishing and *fishing*"
                      LOL!!!! Haha!! *Good*!!

Zika

P.S. sorry I havn't been here so mush! Have been bisy! -stil am
                      Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

Morning all :-) Hey I went to bed last night with a gizillion pages of thread had an AMAZING s/j dream, woke up and the thread shrunk!!!! I'm sure Freud would have fun with that!

Oh well - we have to just fill it up again.

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

So how long do you think they can stare at each other without blinking?

suekay if your lurking, please repost your thoughts on Moebius.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/250.jpg

Without blinkin!? hmm, until their eyes is hurting!!

Zika
                            Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...argate/250.jpg

The right question would be : how long do you think they can stare at each other without kissing ?

Yeah we know the answer : 8 years... at least
                              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Half of our party last night disappeared!!!! well I guess it's better, we don't go back to embarrassing moments

Crazy, party, crazy... to much cake

I can't stop saying how much I loved M2, saw last night twice and woke up today and saw it again... what do you guys think about
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack telling Sam that she had some "packing" to do???????

- She going to his cabing with him? to do some fishing ?
                                - Them alone at his cabin before Daniel and Teal'c came

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X