This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Hello evryone! (Is anyone there?) Reading a Stargate novel "City of the Gods". Did anyone else read it? Interesting Sam/Jack interaction.
    Yes, I've read it but it's not the best in the series IMO. My favorite one is 'A Matter of Honor' by Sally Malcolm, who's best known on internet as... Sally Reeve !
    If you want to read good Sam/Jack interaction, read that one ! The sequel will come out soon (end of August) and I've already ordered it !
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
      The 4 seasons is funny? It made me cry. Maybe it's both...

Actually I just re-watched the 4 seasons ...and it's not that funny to start with but it's a nice buiding up to a very big Smile on the face in the second part as the music goes faster and faster
      Hungarian is fun ..and the really funny one is This ain't no thinking thing
      The others , I can't remember much !!! I remember thay are funny songs so they must be humorous to watch .

2 of my videos I really like though for the sad stories I made with them is Somewhere and The phantom of the opera

Caty

Comment

Hello evryone! (Is anyone there?) Reading a Stargate novel "City of the Gods". Did anyone else read it? Interesting Sam/Jack interaction.
        have pity on us yanks-we have to get bootlegged copies (read convoluted mail rooute from our cousins across the pond)-can ya give us a hint-or at the very least-give me one???

*bats eyes prettily
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by florence
          Yes, I've read it but it's not the best in the series IMO. My favorite one is 'A Matter of Honor' by Sally Malcolm, who's best known on internet as... Sally Reeve !
          If you want to read good Sam/Jack interaction, read that one ! The sequel will come out soon (end of August) and I've already ordered it !

I totally agree. I didn't read "City of the God's", but I've read "Trial by Fire" and "A Matter of Honor" and I absolutely loved "A Matter of Honor."
          Not only because there was much more ship than I've ever expected in an "official" novel of Stargate, but also because it was enthralling and a really good story.
          I didn't know that the sequel will be released at the end of this month!
          That's so great!!! Thanks Florence!

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
            have pity on us yanks-we have to get bootlegged copies (read convoluted mail rooute from our cousins across the pond)-can ya give us a hint-or at the very least-give me one???

*bats eyes prettily
            I got the book in New York City. The place is called "Forbidden Planet" and they deal in Scifi and horror items. They're on the WEB and they are cheaper then if you get the book shipped from the UK -$6.99 in UK 7.99=$13.40.
            sigpic

Comment

Hard to get that book in the States! The book series is hard to get period and you grab what is on the self! I heard that is a FAB book! Have to look harder in some of the used book stores in the area.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                I totally agree. I didn't read "City of the God's", but I've read "Trial by Fire" and "A Matter of Honor" and I absolutely loved "A Matter of Honor."
                Not only because there was much more ship than I've ever expected in an "official" novel of Stargate, but also because it was enthralling and a really good story.
                I didn't know that the sequel will be released at the end of this month!
                That's so great!!! Thanks Florence!
                Yes, it will be released on 31st August and here you can have a look at the cover :
                http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
                I agree with you, the story of 'A Matter of Honor' was really good and all the characters were well pictured. And there's a bit of ship in it but very subtle and well written so that even non-shippers can read this book. However, shippers won't miss those shippy moments
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Yes, it will be released on 31st August and here you can have a look at the cover :
                  http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
                  I agree with you, the story of 'A Matter of Honor' was really good and all the characters were well pictured. And there's a bit of ship in it but very subtle and well written so that even non-shippers can read this book. However, shippers won't miss those shippy moments

Wow, that looks awesome! Can't wait! YAY!!!
                  Thanks again, Florence!

Comment

Ooohhh I read that one a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. In fact Ive read all the Fandamonium books so far, am currently waiting for the next one which is due at the end of the month, I have ordered it already so should have a nice surprise from mr postman in a couple of weeks. Some of the books have shippy bits in too, but not over the top so good for either shippers or non shippers. Let us know what you thought of it when you finnish it Trupi, and have you read any of the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                      Quick question - I'm looking for some just plain happy, bring-a-smile-to-my-face S/J music videos any recs?
                      Hmmm...

Well, KIND of happy...

I got a Sam/Jack vid on my site - The Scientist by Coldplay... All the clips go in reverse

And thanks people for the suggestion of The Light and Affinity...

Any else? *dunce*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Agent_Dark on the "Sam's a Great Character" Thread posted this link for spoiler pics from the "The 4th Horseman Part 2".

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=185

Ok, for those who couldn't resist looking , look at the third picture down from the top. Who does the person look like in the background?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=185

Ok, for those who couldn't resist looking , look at the third picture down from the top. Who does the person look like in the background?
                          As much as I'd love it to be, I really don't think that's RDA.
                          It just doesn't look like him.

Sorry, Token. *is very much wishing she needs glasses*

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
                            As much as I'd love it to be, I really don't think that's RDA.
                            It just doesn't look like him.

Sorry, Token. *is very much wishing she needs glasses*
                            I don't think so either. However, it does make you do a double take, doesn't it?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              I don't think so either. However, it does make you do a double take, doesn't it?
                              Yeah, close but no cigar. I did have to look at it a couple times.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Sally Malcolm is Sally Reeve?!?!?

Never read any of the novels but I've read up on them... Keep meaning to order one off Amazon but then I remind myself that I don't have a pound to spare at the moment! They worth my limited money, then, or not?

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                                X