1: Sam

2: Jack

3: Janet

4: Hammond

5: Jacob

6: Jonas

7: Daniel

8: Teal'c 'mainly due to his character being wallpaper most of the time'

I didn't read the rules so if there is a character limit, please delete from eight (last) to first. I could continue but something 's telling me it's a poll for the major characters.

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
      Having read the familys thoughts on Season 9 I felt the need for a pic story and creating them is great therapy for me so I have ulterior motive!!

Hope this helps, even if just a little bit
      (I've url'd s8/s9 spoiler pics)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...solitudes2.jpg
      I know things are looking quite bleak

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...desofgrey2.jpg
      Not much season nine ship so to speak

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/hands.jpg
      But lets not forget

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ie/fishing.jpg
      Sam plus Jacks a sure bet

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ackplussam.jpg
      So lets smile and continue to ‘tweak’!
      Billie, tried to give you green for this little mood-lifter, but my green jello dispenser is empty. I needed this today! So cute! Thank you for creating the story!!

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days. I miss y'all! Isn't it funny that even though you have a full life, you get attached to like minds whose faces you've never seen? Well, anyway, that's how I feel about all of you.

My reason for being absent is the same as everyone else's. RL (work) has been a bit---uh *cough*---bit of a challenge---the last few days. I hope it settles down soon.

Favorite characters (if I'm not too late to weigh in):

1. Sam & Jack together
      2. Sam
      3. Jack
      4. Jacob
      5. Hammond
      6. Janet
      7. Thor
      8. Walter
      9. Siler
      10. Bra'tac
      11. Teal'c
      12. Daniel

One more thing! I read what I thought was a great S/J story the other night. Mind you, it's NC-17, so consider yourselves warned! But I just loved words the author chose, and how wonderful the phrasing was. I'm not explaining it well. If you read it, you'll understand. The author is anunnaki (someone new to me). The story is called The Hidden Sam Carter. The link is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2504353/1/

That's enough! I'll check in again as soon as I can!

Comment

hey, gang. i was going to reply to one of gatebee's posts from the sam's a great character thread, but i figured it was too shipminded for there, so i've brought it over here. here's gatebee's orginal post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=12839

anyhoo, here is my reply --

spoilers for s7 and s8

Originally posted by gatebee
        wow Uber . Your description of Sam is what I think of her as well. But may I add to that. What I like about her is her lovely sense of humor and her tenderness. I love it when she giggles and smiles and her tears brings me to tears as well. One can see her inner beauty. Being a soldier and a scientist has not destroyed that. She is all female and can kicka$$. Just a very well rounded person IMO.

i agree. sam rules!

on a different note, i was thinking about how sam's love life was focused on in seasons 7 and 8. some say it took over the show, some say it took over sam's storylines, but... sam's feelings about her lot in life came to a head in season seven. it felt very natural to me, even though i didn't always enjoy what i was seeing taking place. but do you know how many eps that *really* took up?

in season 7 --

'grace' started this facet of sam questioning her life, but in the ep, only the end scenes focused on her personal feelings.

chimera.

heroes - *parts* of the ep.

lost city(s) - *parts* of the ep.

season 8 --

new order(s) - *parts* of the ep.

affinity

gemini - one part.

threads

moebius(s) - *parts*, that most of the time weren't our own sam's.

that's nine stories, with three being fullout eps focused on her love life.

no matter how hard it was for me to see sam with another man, i'm very glad they showed sam examining this part of her life. it's human nature. and that's why it makes me struggle to understand when ppl say that her love life took over the show.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Just posting so we don't land on the second page. Question-Is Jack a boxer or brief guy? and Is Sam secretly going to Victoria Secrets and wearing non-reg. underware? What happens if she gets contaminated by something and Jack has to rip her clothes off to save her and finds the non-reg undiees? 1)Does he put her on report or 2) he tells her not to sweat it and then grabs her a gives her a big hunking kiss? (I'll make this PG) Just being silly!
          Last edited by trupi; 03 August 2005, 06:51 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Hello evryone! (Is anyone there?) Reading a Stargate novel "City of the Gods". Did anyone else read it? Interesting Sam/Jack interaction.

I'd like to read it, but it's almost impossible to get in the states. Unless I can get it shipped from Amazon Canada...

Comment

Just posting so we don't land on the second page. Question-Is Jack a boxer or brief guy? and Is Sam secretly going to Victoria Secrets and wearing non-reg. underware? What happens if she gets contaminated by something and Jack has to rip her clothes off to save her and finds the non-reg undiees? 1)Does he put her on report or 2) he tells not her no sweat and then grabs her a gives her a big hunking kiss? (I'll make this PG) Just being silly!

I don't know how many fics I've read with sam wearing Black lace, or red undies when she has to strip for whatever reason the authors come up with... Doctor examinations, emergency first aid in the field...I personally find it highly unlikely considering Sam's down-to-business style in the field and the fact that it's probably against several rules... But that doesn't mean I don't read them...

Comment

Round 44 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Watergate was eliminated in Round 43.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) has risen a little, to #10. It needs your continued support.

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...57#post4404857

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                  I'd like to read it, but it's almost impossible to get in the states. Unless I can get it shipped from Amazon Canada...
                  If you PM me your address, as soon as I finish reading it, I'll mail it to you!
                  I was just being silly, since no one else was posting and I really had nothing to say--my imagination went crazy. Did get someone else to post!
                  sigpic

Comment

Just posting so we don't land on the second page. Question-Is Jack a boxer or brief guy? and Is Sam secretly going to Victoria Secrets and wearing non-reg. underware? What happens if she gets contaminated by something and Jack has to rip her clothes off to save her and finds the non-reg undiees? 1)Does he put her on report or 2) he tells her not to sweat it and then grabs her a gives her a big hunking kiss? (I'll make this PG) Just being silly!
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/js2.jpg
                    You are being silly.

Jack is definitly a boxer guy. Sam probably wears regulation while on duty. But if she was caught with non-reg undiess, I am sure Jack would make the most of it.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I think it was Jack at Victoria Secrets. One of those in the long line of men at Christmas time buying his sweety a gift.
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

We finally reached the next page! WooHoo!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          You are being silly.

Jack is definitly a boxer guy. Sam probably wears regulation while on duty. But if she was caught with non-reg undiess, I am sure Jack would make the most of it.
                          Hi Rogue-just trying to get the thread going!

Has anybody else gone back to this scene to see what Jack is whispering to Sam? I still say it's" love you".
                          sigpic

Comment

Hopefully my internet will work at the NJ convention this weekend. Will try to keep you guys updated with any important news.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              hey, gang. i was going to reply to one of gatebee's posts from the sam's a great character thread, but i figured it was too shipminded for there, so i've brought it over here. here's gatebee's orginal post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=12839

anyhoo, here is my reply --

spoilers for s7 and s8

i agree. sam rules!

on a different note, i was thinking about how sam's love life was focused on in seasons 7 and 8. some say it took over the show, some say it took over sam's storylines, but... sam's feelings about her lot in life came to a head in season seven. it felt very natural to me, even though i didn't always enjoy what i was seeing taking place. but do you know how many eps that *really* took up?

in season 7 --

'grace' started this facet of sam questioning her life, but in the ep, only the end scenes focused on her personal feelings.

chimera.

heroes - *parts* of the ep.

lost city(s) - *parts* of the ep.

season 8 --

new order(s) - *parts* of the ep.

affinity

gemini - one part.

threads

moebius(s) - *parts*, that most of the time weren't our own sam's.

that's nine stories, with three being fullout eps focused on her love life.

no matter how hard it was for me to see sam with another man, i'm very glad they showed sam examining this part of her life. it's human nature. and that's why it makes me struggle to understand when ppl say that her love life took over the show.

sally
                              I never thought it took over the show. I didn't particularily like her having feelings for someone other than Jack, but that is beside the point. I think Daniel's and Teal'c's love/personal life have been focused on just as much. It just added another dimension to her character and it only boiled down to a few minutes a show. Except for the final episodes of S8, where I feel it was appropriate to dedicate some time to resolving (not to the degree I would have liked) the S/J story line. I truly believe that other unwarranted issues, which I won't address, caused the unfair backlash to Sam-centric episodes.
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                I don't know about the others' website and their funny videos but in my site , the funny videos are

Hungarian- This ain't no thinking thing ***-Mia Hii, The 4 seasons , Paradise, I think I love you , What a wonderful world , Can't get you out of my head- Breathless- Great balls of fire- This kiss- In your eyes- Your game - It's in his kiss- Oh yeah .

There may be a few more but can't remember ...All the others are very shippy but sad and meaningfull .

I 'll PM you in a minute

Caty

The 4 seasons is funny? It made me cry. Maybe it's both...

Comment

Working...
                                X