This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
    I think that over the years they've been making Sam really weak... Though the Sam/Jack stuff is sweet and all, her character isn't as hard-ass and cool as she was before... I miss old Sam. They got more into her emotional off-base side. It was good for a bit, but... I dunno what I'm saying lol.
    Even if you don't know what you're saying I totally agree with you. Sam is weaker than she was before. I'm sad thinking about the Sam/Jack ship.

Spoiler:
    jack is an hungry and tired general and sam is a weak dumb blond girl. Is that what we want to see?
    ComTraya!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zika
      Hey shipper family!!! I'm back! (for now!) after a long, long, loong time!

After I finaly have seen *all* seasons (and episodes!)

I've just gone through the last 200 pages!! Loved the s9 openings!

I came over 'TPTB' a few times, what is that? I guess it has somthing to do with the writers?

How do you stand the TPTB (?) i 8 years!!? I'm starting to freak out about them, just after a year!! So many seasons, soo many episodes and we havn't even got a real KISS!!!!! Sorry, I'm just a little disapointed that we did'nt get to see more of RDA in 903!
      Welcome back Zika !

TPTB = The Powers That Be, as in producers, writers, etc.

I haven't watched the new eps yet so I can't really comment on everything that's said in this thread lately. I want to keep an open mind for this new season and this new team so I try to stay spoiler-free.
      But for me, SG1 as we knew it (and Sam/Jack ship as well) has finished in Moebius. This season is just a new show that I want to give its chance.
      As for Sam/Jack ship... well, there are still fics !
      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        Rogue - I see what you mean about Beachhead
        Spoiler:

Seems like dumb blonde Sam vs wonder woman Vala to me...

I just got on. Is that the thinking now. I do hope it is not the case. Sam is a major part of SG1. Here character has to be in full force when she come back on. If they put her on the back burner, they will really loss alot more people watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
          Three eps until Sam comes back and Vala is gone. What I am afraid of from the spoiler I read is that
          Spoiler:
          they are going to make Sam look bad to make Vala look good.
          really hope that this is not so Rogue

Comment

I think that they will go back to a more kick-ass soldier Sam this season, at least I think that's what I read somewhere on the net. Didn't they say something like that in SciFi Friday Inside, also...that they go back to show more of Soldier and Scientist Sam?
            And the Sam pics we've seen so far for S9 actually do give me hope that that's what it will be like.
            That doesn't mean, of course, that I would mind some subtle ship here and there, but the good kind, not .

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              And in my never to be humble opinion, TPTB are bringing in the sleeze factor in the character of Vala in order to attract viewers by using sex. I saw a preview
              Spoiler:
              where Vala is lounging in what looked to be Daniel's bed
              . For crying out loud, is this what our beloved Stargate has turned into?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but from Seasons 1-6 TPTB have made me expect a lot more from them then that. They made me expect great stories, and characters that we love and care about.
              Oh dear all this talk of over sex Vala is really scaring me now

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                And in my never to be humble opinion, TPTB are bringing in the sleeze factor in the character of Vala in order to attract viewers by using sex. I saw a preview
                Spoiler:
                where Vala is lounging in what looked to be Daniel's bed
                . For crying out loud, is this what our beloved Stargate has turned into?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but from Seasons 1-6 TPTB have made me expect a lot more from them then that. They made me expect great stories, and characters that we love and care about.
                The bits with Vala are all so heavy handed. I remember when 'Enterprise' was starting, some critic said they needed to 'sex-up' the franchise to attract more viewers and relieve it of it's 'staleness'. 'Enterprise' did put in more of that kind of stuff, and what happened? Four seasons, when all the others (except Original) had seven. Maybe seven is the magic number. X-files was great through season seven, and so was Stargate. mmm SF show term limits. mmmm.
                sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                  I can't remember who posted the earlier translations, but I took comfort in them because I believe them to be true. It's much easier to look and find subtle shippiness even if the TPTB may not necessarily intend for everyone to know they exist.

I was so disappointed after
                  Spoiler:
                  last week's episode as the moments that Jack was in the episode were so brief and uneventful. I kept waiting and waiting for him to be there and finally he was and then I was left with this hollow and empty feeling. It was such an anti-climatic experience with him being back and I ended up feeling like...he came back--for this? Tell me I'm not the only one who felt that way.
                  I certainly hope that things will be better in later episodes.
                  Reguarding your spoilers, no, you are not the only one that felt that way, because I certainly did. I wanted to cry.
                  sig by PM

Comment

MM - Couldn't agree more
                    Spoiler:
                    if they show Sam in the same romantic light with Jack as she was with Pete, they'd be as well killing her off...I hope if we see and Jack being romantic, that it will be done with taste, and will keep up her original kick-ass image. She looked to vulnerable and flaky with Pete, and that's been the character's downfall...
                    hope they don't make the same mistake again.
                    Yeah, but thought he was the kick ass person in the relationship, and we all knew better. Jack knows Sam so much better than ever could and he knows how to treat her. I don't think they would change how they act around each other at all, just more kissing!
                    sig by PM

Comment

(((((((((((Tame))))))))))))

Hope everything gets better soon...If you need to talk, just drop me a PM.

Waterfall - In Scotland sci fi's an iffy subject...if you like Star Trek, within a week everyone in the village and the nearest town know...(Example...someone I don't even know gave me the vulcan hand salute two days ago)

So...out of the people I've asked about Stargate...the responses have mainly been.

You watch that cr@p?
                      I hate Sci Fi
                      What? Is that like Star Trek
                      Oh yeah...I watch that sometimes...the big alien guy's pretty hot.
                      Oh yeah...I watch that sometimes...the brainy blonde is pretty hot.
                      Is that that show that Macgyver's in now??

So nothing academic or intellectual...

apart from this response which I jotted down

"I never watch that show...not since they killed Jonas...I mean he was there and then he was gone...I think they got rid of the actor...Jack's next on their list...they're evil"

Yeah...people in my area are kinda screwy and VERY scary!
                      My kids (25 and 23) call it 'MacGyver in Space'.
                      My sister, who doesn't care for scifi, was watching this season promo show with me. Her only question was 'Where is the real star of the show - where is Ricard Dean Anderson?'
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

(((((((((( Dipsofjazz )))))))) your poems were just so cool. You should repost it is one compilation. It is just awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Sam. You ready for some star watching. Here lie down beside me as we watch.

Jack, I brought some wine while we watch the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          I'll bring the Kama Su-- uh, ...massage therapy guide book.

ship sistah
                          We will have to make sure he stays quite limber!
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                            WAVES*** Loved, loved, loved your poem....

Do you have it all together....?

Spooky, I was about to start a post... saying something similar.

I've been going thru the ship day thread and I can only say that I'm touched, it's amazing how big our family is and how they all come to share this special day.

So many people learning how to post pics... learning how to make videos, manips... everybody working on their little project for ship day or making it special enough to come back that day even though they have not had the chance to post often lately, being present even if they were absent.. I'm touched... it's hard to explain to my other friends what happens here... but this is my special place...

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))
                            You are so right. The shipper family are a wealth of amazement. I for one only learnt to cap pic because of shipping and thunking. I now also have learnt to put my name on the pics that I cap. Next on my agenda is to learn how to do shipper wallpaper. And finally my dream is to be able to do shipper vids. Cause the way S9 is turning, we will need alot of shipper vids to keep the "faith".

Sam and Jack the way we remember them .... together .... exploring the galaxy together.

Comment

Hey Guys, I've been reading through the last few pages and I'm getting pretty confused about all thew different spoilers we've got
                              Season 9
                              Spoiler:
                              Ripple Effect is sounding better and better for me, especially after reading Joes blog and him hinting that it may be 2 well loved charcters coming back! and I hoping I don't find out who they are before the ep because I need something to keep me a little bit excited about this season...
                              What worrying me the most is the spoilers for beachhead i've just read, I really hope they don't make Sam look weak just to make Vala look good! Why would they do that? Especially when Vala will be gone by the next episode.. I hated how they showed Sam when she was with Pete, I love the tough Sam. Thats who she is, shes a smart, tough, independant woman and just because she is with a man doesn't mean she has to turn into the weak, dumb blonde! Season 9 isn't looking good for me so far but i'm hoping that it will get better once Sam is back but if these spoilers are right I'm not sure what i'll do

I think I need to invest is a pair of extra strength Rose Coloured glasses to get me through the season because i'm not going to give up on Stargate until it finishes, if after everything I enjoy the ending then i'll invest in the box set but if not I can always pretend that Season 8 was the end of Stargate and I could live with that

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                                Reguarding your spoilers, no, you are not the only one that felt that way, because I certainly did. I wanted to cry.
                                I was depressed and so disappointed. I couldn't believe it. It was such a dirty trick on the part of TPTB.
                                Spoiler:
                                I knew that we probably wouldn't get much ship--if any. However, seeing Jack was just strange. It didn't relate to the story/episode.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X