This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    They have been missing since after season 7. Season 8 made me feel something alright, but not good feelings.
    Spoiler:
    I hated the tension between Sam and Jack. I also hated the way they wrote Sam. There was hardly any team interaction and any storylines with deep meanings. To sum it up it was about Jack being frustrated about his new job and Sam, and Sam being frustrated because she couldn't have the man she wanted. The Stargate was rarely used and the NID and Pete were in way too many eps.

TPTP said that SG-1 will return to its roots in season 9. But if season 8 was your best season ever why would you feel the need to return back to the roots of SG-1. Maybe because you realized you made a misstake?

And in my never to be humble opinion, TPTB are bringing in the sleeze factor in the character of Vala in order to attract viewers by using sex. I saw a preview
    Spoiler:
    where Vala is lounging in what looked to be Daniel's bed
    . For crying out loud, is this what our beloved Stargate has turned into?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but from Seasons 1-6 TPTB have made me expect a lot more from them then that. They made me expect great stories, and characters that we love and care about.
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Plus they use season 8 to separate Sam and Jack as much as they (tptb) could so just imagine what season 9 is gonna be like ..!!! well I suppose we already know ...Jack won't be in there and Sam will be with Teal'c , Daniel , and Cameron

tptb planned it all from season 7 ..The lost city 2 was a bit of a let down considering that Jack thought he was dying and he even was not allowed by TPTB to send a proper good bye to his beloved one . Even if the regs are a problem , you can still tell somebody you love them just before you die ..and Jack could have said it to the team first ..then turn to Sam and say "I love you" .

How many times do shippers of that thread say to each other " I love you" !!!all the time ...and it does NOT have to be sexual ..it 's just a very emotional and deep comment that People say to each other from time to time when they care for each other .

All Jack said was " Dormata" (sleep) instead of "Amata"(I love you) ..or he could have said "Dormata "first, They take him to the pod and then "Amata "afterwards to the team and then a bit louder to Sam ..What was wrong with that ?!!!

It would have been just lovely

Caty
      Caty - those ancient words Jack spoke meant lots of things I can't find the post where translated it a while ago, but basically he said "I will see you again my love" (aveo amacuse) and goodbye my friends (dormata). Although the "a" on the end changes the translation (in latin anyway) to saying goodbye to a female lover. I like to think TPTB knew that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Caty - those ancient words Jack spoke meant lots of things I can't find the post where translated it a while ago, but basically he said "I will see you again my love" (aveo amacuse) and goodbye my friends (dormata). Although the "a" on the end changes the translation (in latin anyway) to saying goodbye to a female lover. I like to think TPTB knew that.
        I can't remember who posted the earlier translations, but I took comfort in them because I believe them to be true. It's much easier to look and find subtle shippiness even if the TPTB may not necessarily intend for everyone to know they exist.

I was so disappointed after
        Spoiler:
        last week's episode as the moments that Jack was in the episode were so brief and uneventful. I kept waiting and waiting for him to be there and finally he was and then I was left with this hollow and empty feeling. It was such an anti-climatic experience with him being back and I ended up feeling like...he came back--for this? Tell me I'm not the only one who felt that way.
        I certainly hope that things will be better in later episodes.
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          And in my never to be humble opinion, TPTB are bringing in the sleeze factor in the character of Vala in order to attract viewers by using sex. I saw a preview
          Spoiler:
          where Vala is lounging in what looked to be Daniel's bed
          . For crying out loud, is this what our beloved Stargate has turned into?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but from Seasons 1-6 TPTB have made me expect a lot more from them then that. They made me expect great stories, and characters that we love and care about.
          Three eps until Sam comes back and Vala is gone. What I am afraid of from the spoiler I read is that
          Spoiler:
          they are going to make Sam look bad to make Vala look good.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

The only episode I cried in Stargate was "Singularity" and I cried with Sam ..May be because there was a child involved ..I always cry when a child is involved and it 's sad . Actually I love all the Stargate episodes with children in it ..same as the x-files episodes ...They are very human and emotional episodes most of the time and I like that . Wish Alias could do emotionnal episodes with children too

I didn't cry in heroe probably because I was spoiled so it was not a surprise and the impact didn't hit me hard enough to cry ..may be it was because
            Spoiler:
            Janet's death was recorded on a tape and it was not that clear athough I don't think I would have liked to see it clearer but I don't know why !!!..I just didn't feel like crying and I really liked Janet ..I think I was too spoiled ..that's it

Caty
            Aww--Singularity is very emotional! Heroes was sad, but I was more moved by Jack hugging Sam and then Teal'c and Sam's hug more than the actual death... maybe because it showed how much things affected Sam, and how she couldn't bear the thought of losing Jack. I think Janet getting hit with a staff blast was more shocking, though--it just comes out of nowhere--and then you find out it killed her. Season 7 was a time when I didn't read spoilers so I really wasn't expecting it!

The most teary episode for me though has to be Abyss, both when Jack is trapped in the fortress and Daniel visits him, and when he's in the infirmary at the end. It gets me every single time. I can never help thinking, poor Jack!

I want to watch an ep. now but gotta go out.

Comment

Hey shipper family!!! I'm back! (for now!) after a long, long, loong time!

After I finaly have seen *all* seasons (and episodes!)

I've just gone through the last 200 pages!! Loved the s9 openings!

I came over 'TPTB' a few times, what is that? I guess it has somthing to do with the writers?

How do you stand the TPTB (?) i 8 years!!? I'm starting to freak out about them, just after a year!! So many seasons, soo many episodes and we havn't even got a real KISS!!!!! Sorry, I'm just a little disapointed that we did'nt get to see more of RDA in 903!
              Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

Three eps until Sam comes back and Vala is gone. What I am afraid of from the spoiler I read is that
                Spoiler:
                they are going to make Sam look bad to make Vala look good.
                Rogue, you're making me nervous. What did you read?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  Rogue, you're making me nervous. What did you read?
                  Read the spoilers for Beachhead.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Good day shippers!

Spoiler:
                    SEASON NINE IS CRAP...I'M PRETENDING IT DOESN'T EXIST

*This subliminal message is brought to you by the people that brought you Dr Shipper*

I don't care about season nine...and I know this may sound harsh, but I don't care about the fan awards at the moment...yet another bad day...I'm not going to be posting much...I need to go and rant and mope about the sorry mess that is my life...

I'll come back later...
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

If they bring Jonas back , it will ease the pain of watching Cameron and Vala because Jonas was SG1

Caty
                      I would love to see Jonas again, too. Daniel and Jonas were a great team in "Fallen", so they would be in Season 9.

I must admit that I really don`t like Vala. I mean, Claudia Black is a great actress and looks amazing, but her role in Stargate...?!

That woman isn`t funny.. she`s just.. ( i can`t discribe how I feel about her. She reminds me a little of the Comtraya guy in "Tin man". Annoying.. and i`ve seen just one episode with her.. ( Prometheus Unbound).

>>Oh, please. Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so (!) deep. Go on, tell him how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this. (DANIEL)
                      >>My depth is immaterial to this conversation. (TEAL`C)
                      >>Oh! You see? (DANIEL)
                      >>No more beer for you.. (JACK)

Comment

Read the spoilers for Beachhead.
                        You are right, that doesn't sound too good for Sam. Hopefully, they don't make her look too bad, after all that's the ep when she comes back. I would hate to see her start out like that...there's gotta be something positive in there for her.
                        *Crosses fingers* I couldn't stand it to be disappointed again, like last week...

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Rogue - I see what you mean about Beachhead
                          Spoiler:

Seems like dumb blonde Sam vs wonder woman Vala to me...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                            You are right, that doesn't sound too good for Sam. Hopefully, they don't make her look too bad, after all that's the ep when she comes back. I would hate to see her start out like that...there's gotta be something positive in there for her.
                            *Crosses fingers* I couldn't stand it to be disappointed again, like last week...
                            I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds. I hate to think that this is the way they would want to introduce a main character to their new fans.

Rogue

Comment

I think that over the years they've been making Sam really weak... Though the Sam/Jack stuff is sweet and all, her character isn't as hard-ass and cool as she was before... I miss old Sam. They got more into her emotional off-base side. It was good for a bit, but... I dunno what I'm saying lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

MM - Couldn't agree more
                                Spoiler:
                                if they show Sam in the same romantic light with Jack as she was with Pete, they'd be as well killing her off...I hope if we see and Jack being romantic, that it will be done with taste, and will keep up her original kick-ass image. She looked to vulnerable and flaky with Pete, and that's been the character's downfall...
                                hope they don't make the same mistake again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X