X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
    Ohhh, I want a Stargate necklace!!
    Ohhhhh, me too, me too.

I bought my daughter a play set of heroglyghs(Is that spelt right?) and she jumped for joy saying "These are from Stargate" and promptly made a necklace with her name on it. She was so stoked that she wore it for days.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by florence
      I agree with what you said. I don't think we'll get (if we ever get something... ) very shippy scenes, like a wedding scene.
      These are SG TPTB after all !
      And I must confess that I wouldn't even like to watch a scene like that. That's not what I want to see when I think about Sam and Jack. What I want to see is S&J having a strong relationship and finally being able to act on it, that's all.
      So I'm in for phone conversations and for one last scene showing without any doubt that they are together... but no wedding scene, sorry
      (I don't even like these scenes in fics )

Plus like you said, a wedding would be a bit rushed. Working with someone for 8 years is not the same thing as 'living' with that person. And in S9
      Spoiler:
      with Jack being in Washington and Sam being in Area 51 then in Colorado Springs, except for maybe some long weekends, they don't live together either.

Anyway, we won't know what will happen to our fav characters before the end of S9. I don't think we'll get a SJ resolution (as in a scene that shows without any doubt that Sam and Jack are together) before the very last minute of the show so if there's a 10th season... it doesn't seem very good for us
      We'll never see a wedding ..not in sci fi except Farscape so far . As TPTB and their mind work ..I reckon they would have let Sam and Jack get married off screen in between Moebius and Avalon so that they get the UST out of the way ( remember they are men writing the show ..not good at continuity so they could not care less if it's too rushed or not as long the ship is over for them ..it's all good) ...and when Sam and Jack are together on screen again !!!( I wonder when)..then it would RST with a strong relationship but established which means no ship on screen but private .
      Remember Sam and Jack ship is not a storyline of season 9 .... therefore bye to the ship on screen as obvious ...and even subtle

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 02 August 2005, 03:04 AM.

Comment

If they bring Jonas back , it will ease the pain of watching Cameron and Vala because Jonas was SG1

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          I was just watching Stargate Monday night TV and I suddenly realized something.

I realized that another thing that I really MISS is Stargate episodes that makes me feel something. And I mean "F E E L S O M E T H I N G".

I was watching "Shadow Play" and here was a great story about a man who felt guilty for developing a weapon of mass destruction and how he wanted so badly to make things right and I felt something from the story. Even "The other guys" at least made you laugh. And look at "Heroes", what a story. Tell me that you didn't CRY watching that episode. Need I say more?!

There used to be so many stories where we actually FELT SOMETHING. They told a story worth telling and entertained us along the way with wonderful characters and of course SHIP.

What happened to those writers? The ones who use to write those wonderful stories? And write those stories and our beloved characters soooo well?

Just a thought.

Yes , I agree ..I really miss all those Tokra episodes with Jolinar and when Jacob ended up on that black evil planet and SG1 had to rescue him and they met Apophis who tortured them with nightmares to get some infos .
          They were excellent episodes not like season 7 and 8 .

and I didn't cry when I watched Heroe ( I cried when I watched singularity though )....I didn't think it was that great ..My hubby thought the same too ..Hardly any action and the action we saw was weird . Let's say it's not an episode I would watch again ...same with the lost city..it was alright for me but nothing like the episodes of season 1 to season 6 . No new seasons will beat season 1 to season 6 ever ...this is probably why I haven't even bought season 7 in DVD .

Caty
          Last edited by Catysg1; 02 August 2005, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
            I know how to find about views on ship for non-electronic people!
            Just walk around your town with a Stargate SG-1 shirt on and see how many people comment on it.
            I work in a resteraunt and have to be subtle about my Stargate obsession while at work.I just wear my Stargate necklace that I bought at the last con I went to.
            I use it as my conversation starter and you'd be surprised how many people actually recognize and comment on it, and I always ask what their views are on S/J ship.
            I have actually done this and only 2 people out of about 100 I've asked have had negative views on S/J ship.
            How's that for scientific???

waterfall
            Sounds good to me

A couple of months ago I was clothes shopping with the family when a man walked past my husband wearing a Sam Carter t-shirt. Hubby stopped him and made him turn around so I see his t-shirt. If I'd been in a store that sold men's clothes I'd have had that t-shirt off his back so quick he wouldn't have known what had hit him! (It was cold - I couldn't in all concience send the man off with nothing on - and my t-shirt wouldn't have fitted him ). He wasn't a shipper - but his wife was

It's a small world afterall
            sigpic

Comment

Oma, just tried to PM you but your message box must be full and it won't accept anymore.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Ooops

Sorted now

Originally posted by caty
                Yes , I agree ..I really miss all those Tokra episodes with Jolinar and when Jacob ended up on that black evil planet and SG1 had to rescue him and they met Apophis who totured them with nightmares to get some infos .
                They were excellent episodes not like season 7 and 8 .

and I didn't cry when I watched Heroe ..I didn't think it was that great ..My hubby thought the same too ..Hardly any action and the action we saw was weird . Let's say it's not an episode I would watch again ...same with the lost city..it was alright for me but nothing like the episodes of season 1 to season 6 . No new seasons will beat season 1 to season 6 ever ...this is probably why I haven't even bought season 7 in DVD .
                I love the eps that make me feel for the characters too, whether they be SG-1 or guests. (Although I loved S7 too - minus THAT ep ).

The only problem with S8 for me was that it made me feel lots of things I didn't want to feel, right up until Threads. At least now I can watch it again without all the worry, gloating that
                Spoiler:
                is soooooooooooo not a problem anymore and the last scene is just great

As for S9 - I'll be able to watch it for what it is, without any unfounded hopes, thanks to all the spoilers. Hopefully I'll enjoy it, and I'll be able to look out for the special moments that WILL occur.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  Ooops

Sorted now
                  Great I'll go and send it in a sec.

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  I love the eps that make me feel for the characters too, whether they be SG-1 or guests. (Although I loved S7 too - minus THAT ep ).

The only problem with S8 for me was that it made me feel lots of things I didn't want to feel, right up until Threads. At least now I can watch it again without all the worry, gloating that
                  Spoiler:
                  is soooooooooooo not a problem anymore and the last scene is just great

As for S9 - I'll be able to watch it for what it is, without any unfounded hopes, thanks to all the spoilers. Hopefully I'll enjoy it, and I'll be able to look out for the special moments that WILL occur.
                  I agree Oma. Although I love seasons 1-6 I also enjoy season 7 & 8. They may not be as action packed as the first 6 seasons but they explored a lot more of the people which I must admit to enjoying. I DID cry in Hereos. I'll put my hand up and admit that. Actually every time I watch it I cry, but that's just me(really soppy) It's been a while since I saw S8 and I didn't keep any copies but the box set comes out in 15 days so I'll sit down and watch them all again.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    I was just watching Stargate Monday night TV and I suddenly realized something.

I realized that another thing that I really MISS is Stargate episodes that makes me feel something. And I mean "F E E L S O M E T H I N G".

I was watching "Shadow Play" and here was a great story about a man who felt guilty for developing a weapon of mass destruction and how he wanted so badly to make things right and I felt something from the story. Even "The other guys" at least made you laugh. And look at "Heroes", what a story. Tell me that you didn't CRY watching that episode. Need I say more?!

There used to be so many stories where we actually FELT SOMETHING. They told a story worth telling and entertained us along the way with wonderful characters and of course SHIP.

What happened to those writers? The ones who use to write those wonderful stories? And write those stories and our beloved characters soooo well?

Just a thought.
                    They have been missing since after season 7. Season 8 made me feel something alright, but not good feelings.
                    Spoiler:
                    I hated the tension between Sam and Jack. I also hated the way they wrote Sam. There was hardly any team interaction and any storylines with deep meanings. To sum it up it was about Jack being frustrated about his new job and Sam, and Sam being frustrated because she couldn't have the man she wanted. The Stargate was rarely used and the NID and Pete were in way too many eps.

TPTP said that SG-1 will return to its roots in season 9. But if season 8 was your best season ever why would you feel the need to return back to the roots of SG-1. Maybe because you realized you made a misstake?
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      WAVES*** Loved, loved, loved your poem....

Do you have it all together....?

<snip>
                      I'm working on getting it together in a nice little format. *hangs head in shame* RL has been interferring with my shipper work. I shall endeavor to post the poem ASAP!! It is my only shipper mission!

ETA: I shall post the poem link on my 1800th post. That give me only 2 posts! ACK! I can resist!! Must...leave...so much to say...NO...must leave.... *goes off to format poem*

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                        Great I'll go and send it in a sec.

I agree Oma. Although I love seasons 1-6 I also enjoy season 7 & 8. They may not be as action packed as the first 6 seasons but they explored a lot more of the people which I must admit to enjoying. I DID cry in Hereos. I'll put my hand up and admit that. Actually every time I watch it I cry, but that's just me(really soppy) It's been a while since I saw S8 and I didn't keep any copies but the box set comes out in 15 days so I'll sit down and watch them all again.
                        The only episode I cried in Stargate was "Singularity" and I cried with Sam ..May be because there was a child involved ..I always cry when a child is involved and it 's sad . Actually I love all the Stargate episodes with children in it ..same as the x-files episodes ...They are very human and emotional episodes most of the time and I like that . Wish Alias could do emotionnal episodes with children too

I didn't cry in heroe probably because I was spoiled so it was not a surprise and the impact didn't hit me hard enough to cry ..may be it was because
                        Spoiler:
                        Janet's death was recorded on a tape and it was not that clear athough I don't think I would have liked to see it clearer but I don't know why !!!..I just didn't feel like crying and I really liked Janet ..I think I was too spoiled ..that's it

Caty
                        Last edited by Catysg1; 02 August 2005, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          They have been missing since after season 7. Season 8 made me feel something alright, but not good feelings.
                          Spoiler:
                          I hated the tension between Sam and Jack. I also hated the way they wrote Sam. There was hardly any team interaction and any storylines with deep meanings. To sum it up it was about Jack being frustrated about his new job and Sam, and Sam being frustrated because she couldn't have the man she wanted. The Stargate was rarely used and the NID and Pete were in way too many eps.

TPTP said that SG-1 will return to its roots in season 9. But if season 8 was your best season ever why would you feel the need to return back to the roots of SG-1. Maybe because you realized you made a misstake?

Plus they use season 8 to separate Sam and Jack as much as they (tptb) could so just imagine what season 9 is gonna be like ..!!! well I suppose we already know ...Jack won't be in there and Sam will be with Teal'c , Daniel , and Cameron

tptb planned it all from season 7 ..The lost city 2 was a bit of a let down considering that Jack thought he was dying and he even was not allowed by TPTB to send a proper good bye to his beloved one . Even if the regs are a problem , you can still tell somebody you love them just before you die ..and Jack could have said it to the team first ..then turn to Sam and say "I love you" .

How many times do shippers of that thread say to each other " I love you" !!!all the time ...and it does NOT have to be sexual ..it 's just a very emotional and deep comment that People say to each other from time to time when they care for each other .

All Jack said was " Dormata" (sleep) instead of "Amata"(I love you) ..or he could have said "Dormata "first, They take him to the pod and then "Amata "afterwards to the team and then a bit louder to Sam ..What was wrong with that ?!!!

It would have been just lovely

Caty
                          Last edited by Catysg1; 02 August 2005, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            Plus they use season 8 to separate Sam and Jack as much as they (tptb) could so just imagine what season 9 is gonna be like ..!!! well I suppose we already know ...Jack won't be in there and Sam will be with Teal'c , Daniel , and Cameron

tptb planned it all from season 7 ..The lost city 2 was a bit of a let down considering that Jack thought he was dying and he even was not allowed by TPTB to send a proper good bye to his beloved one . Even if the regs are a problem , you can still tell somebody you love them just before you die ..and Jack could have said it to the team first ..then turn to Sam and say "I love you" .

How many times do shippers of that thread say to each other " I love you" !!!all the time ...and it does NOT have to be sexual ..it 's just a very emotional and deep comment that People say to each other from time to time when they care for each other .

All Jack said was " Dormata" (sleep) instead of "Amata"(I love you) ..or he could have said "Dormata "first, They take him to the pod and then "Amata "afterwards to the team and then a bit louder to Sam ..What was wrong with that ?!!!

It would have been just lovely

Caty
                            They didn't even translate his parting words correctly-Daniel said he said goodbye but Jack really said "goodbye my friends". Why put it in and not translate it properly?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                              I loved Daniel second best from the beginning. -Jack was always first for me- But Daniel had gotten a bit arrogant it seems to me. I still love him, but he became a bit less endearing about the same time I was starting to notice how three-dimensional Sam's character was getting...And not Sam's my 2nd favorite. Which works fine when you're a shipper. I'd say Danny and T are tied.

Daniel must be very popular--and as far as fan fiction is concerned he seems to lead in the 2005 Fan Awards. In some of its categories Sam/Jack are relegated to "other pairings." Which is one reason why I am still delving into the Sam/Jack Fanfiction Awards, there are so many and I know they are all about my favorite subject. I realize the Fan Awards have to be about all the characters and I am reading in there too, but think it's a bit top heavy in certain aspects. www.samandjack.net/sjfa/nominations.html

Comment

Finally got back to JM's question and answer thread and if I remember right there will be a followup to "Icon" and also the last episode will be a cliffhanger. Icon was not exactly a well-received episode so I'm wondering why they decided on that one, but maybe there was a segment of fans who liked it.

He said they wouldn't know by the time of the last episode if there would be tenth, so cliff-hanger it is. IMO they've been given a guarantee for a tenth season and ratings would have to be really, really terrible to cancel it.

Watched "Cure" last night and Sam and Jack seemed so easy with each other, always looking at each other, not necessarily shippy, but valuing each others opinion and outlook.

Comment

Working...
                                X